Morgan's head gone- Update: It has been re-attached

Chez

It's the going to Spurs thing that ****es me off, not because of Poch but it's not really a massive step up, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and even Liverpool i can get my head round. Spurs? I just don't get it.

With a turnover that is almost double ours, I would imagine they have a bit more flexibility with regards waving some ££££s at this hard up young man.

Greed is good.

BREAKING NEWS! THE CLUB IS NOT FOR SALE!

Breaking news, everyone knows every club is for sale, that doesn't mean they've been actively promoting it to buyers, or that we're selling players to make it more attractive to someone who wants a cheaper but less successful club for some reason.

How on earth would that be a good deal? Glad RK didn't think it was

What, we get 2 decent Prem players and 10 million quid and sell a player (albeit our best one) in a position where we've actually got plenty of players?

Well, for a start he wrote that no-one spoke to Schneiderlin about him not being able to leave before it was mentioned on Sky, which isn't true.

All the other stuff is pretty much known, and it is also perfectly possible Krueger didn't talk about transfers at a conference in Toronto even if he WAS trying to sell Schneiderlin to Spurs at other times, which again, I'm fairly sure everyone thinks is the case. No-one's saying we weren't probably about to sell him until the Chambers backlash. It's not the "crass statement" that's forced his hand, it's the player having a wobbler and not just getting on with doing his job for his employers having been told he's not going (yet).

It's reported that Morgan and his agent arrived at St Mary's the day of Ralph's interviews to talk about how the negotiations were going and whether they had agreed a deal only to be told that we wouldn't let him go afterall. I don't condone Morgan's behaviour since but this whole situation seems a bit pointless. The only benefit for the club is having another long serving player who comes off worse than they do.

Whilst my heart agrees with those who say let him rot in the reserves etc something in my

head says that legally Saints are unable to do so. I am sure that the PFA could take Saints

to Court claiming that in doing that it is a restraint of trade or something. Saints can't even

get away with having him on the bench and only bringing him on in the last minute either for

a similar reason. I don't think Saints can keep fining him either as the PFA will go to Court

about that as well.

Sad to say but if a real large money club ( Man City ) couldn't win against Tevez what hope

do Saints have ?

Finally I have never trusted the French ( my late father who was in the RN in WW2 also trusted

the Germans more that the French ) or Argentinians either come to that.

Edited by Saint in Paradise

I assume all the Krueger apologists will be brushing off the excuse book. Now those will be interesting, No1 you can't keep a player who wants to leave

2. We got a good price

3. We will spend the money over the next how many years

4. Krueger never said any such thing

5. He said MS and Jay would not leave, but he has not misled as Jay is still here

Whilst my heart agrees with those who say let him rot in the reserves etc something in my

head says that legally Saints are unable to do so. I am sure that the PFA could take Saints

to Court claiming that in doing that it is a restraint of trade or something. Saints can't even

get away with having him on the bench and only bringing him on in the last minute either for

a similar reason.

Eh? Football clubs can play whoever they like in matches.

a similar reason. I don't think Saints can keep fining him either as the PFA will go to Court

about that as well.

Sad to say but if a real large money club ( Man City ) couldn't win against Tevez what hope

do Saints have ?

Finally I have never trusted the French ( my late father who was in the RN in WW2 also trusted

My guess is that the only 'legal' issue would be to stick to his contract, surely SFC have all the trump cards according to the letter of the law, but of course recent history shows that player strops always seem to win out in the end !

Shame but true !

What, we get 2 decent Prem players and 10 million quid and sell a player (albeit our best one) in a position where we've actually got plenty of players?

Are they decent or just average? Average gets you relegated. £10m buys you **** all. I don't see plenty of players in he us position I see victor and cork. The rest are lightweight and pretty much unproven. Quantity doesn't win you games it's quality. Reed and JWP won't keep us in this league.

tomallnuttPA: Koeman defiant today on Schneiderlin: "We told him to take 2 days off and think about the situation..we will not change our minds" #SaintsFC

tomallnuttPA: Asked Koeman if it was unfair after other players sold. "No, it's not unfair. Unfair is signing a new contract and wanting to go" #SaintsFC

tomallnuttPA: Koeman: "There's different influences around the player. Maybe #THFC or the agent is pressing him - it's a difficult situation." #SaintsFC

Little bit of tapping up from Spurs going on?

tomallnuttPA: Koeman defiant today on Schneiderlin: "We told him to take 2 days off and think about the situation..we will not change our minds" #SaintsFC

tomallnuttPA: Asked Koeman if it was unfair after other players sold. "No, it's not unfair. Unfair is signing a new contract and wanting to go" #SaintsFC

tomallnuttPA: Koeman: "There's different influences around the player. Maybe #THFC or the agent is pressing him - it's a difficult situation." #SaintsFC

Shedload more like. I'd be surprised if he hasnt agreed his strop tactics with Pochettino.

If I was Spurs and Potty Chino I would be grinning after this. Almost too easy for them. I've no doubts Schneiderlin is off. I have no doubts that his mind has been poisoned by the others going and no doubt his meeting(s) with MoPo have helped screw his head up.

Levy and MoPo will be laughing- knowing full well that Saints will crack and let him go at the end of the window for a bargain price. I hope we sell to a foreign club rather than Spurs.

I think that you will find that he will NOT go to Spurs for a bargain price. If Levy and Pochettino think along those lines, then they really are as naive and misguided as you are. If he goes to Spurs it will be for a premium price that can be excused as being too high to resist. Otherwise if he is to go at all, it should be as you say acceptable to sell him to some Russian, Turkish or Greek team just to **** him off royally and to serve him right for throwing such a childish strop. Either way he needs to be made an example for others as how not to go about trying to force a move.

Absolutely everyone is for sale for the right price. not just at Saints. Ronaldo moving from United was the best example recently. The key is of course that Spurs or whoever have to offer the right money else it doesn't happen and no amount of strike action is going to change that. IMO, he might go but it won't be to Spurs.

I think that you will find that he will NOT go to Spurs for a bargain price. If Levy and Pochettino think along those lines, then they really are as naive and misguided as you are. If he goes to Spurs it will be for a premium price that can be excused as being too high to resist. Otherwise if he is to go at all, it should be as you say acceptable to sell him to some Russian, Turkish or Greek team just to **** him off royally and to serve him right for throwing such a childish strop. Either way he needs to be made an example for others as how not to go about trying to force a move.

Was there any call for this line Wes? 'then they really are as naive and misguided as you are'. Honestly, there are some unpleasant posters on here at the moment. Misguided for stating an opinion? I think Schneiderlin is going and I am pretty sure (as are every set of Bookies) that he's heading for Spurs. I just hope we sell him elsewhere. Its called a viewpoint Wes, something we are all entitled to voice without inane comment back.

He gives people that genuinely go on strike a bad name. Can't remember the last time a millionaire went on strike for better conditions it's ****ing laughable. The toll puddle martyrs will be turning in their graves.

Get your French arse out in that pitch and put a shift in. You owe it to the fans if nothing else!

Well said, sir.

I think someone said Snidey-Lynne had been seen with Potty-Chino before the WC :(

Was there any call for this line Wes? 'then they really are as naive and misguided as you are'. Honestly, there are some unpleasant posters on here at the moment. Misguided for stating an opinion? I think Schneiderlin is going and I am pretty sure (as are every set of Bookies) that he's heading for Spurs. I just hope we sell him elsewhere. Its called a viewpoint Wes, something we are all entitled to voice without inane comment back.

The worst he did was to accuse you of naivity and if that hurts you then you really should not be posting on a forum. In my opinion what happened here was that the club DID agree that Morgan could go but then Levy - being the a---hole that he is thought that he would take the p1ss with an silly offer. Fair enough - we've done the same - but he has not moved from that. At this point we think - well we don't have to sell him at all. Which is why we are where we are. I am convinced that if MS goes to Spurs it will be at our price otherwise he will go elsewhere - or nowhere and rot in the reserves if need be. All IMHO of course - I am not in any way ITK.

The worst he did was to accuse you of naivity and if that hurts you then you really should not be posting on a forum. In my opinion what happened here was that the club DID agree that Morgan could go but then Levy - being the a---hole that he is thought that he would take the p1ss with an silly offer. Fair enough - we've done the same - but he has not moved from that. At this point we think - well we don't have to sell him at all. Which is why we are where we are. I am convinced that if MS goes to Spurs it will be at our price otherwise he will go elsewhere - or nowhere and rot in the reserves if need be. All IMHO of course - I am not in any way ITK.

There aren't many naive bookies in my experience.

I think you make an interesting point. I hope we sell him anywhere except Liverpool Arsenal or Spurs.

about that as well.

do Saints have ?

Why not just blame it on the Muslims again?

Also, you are totally wrong. Chelsea forced Malouda to train with the u21s for the last year of his contract. So yeah, if he's under contract the club can do what they want.

Go back to disliking people for their religion or country of birth eh?

Nailed it

Tom Allnutt (@tomallnuttPA)

08/08/2014 22:35

Asked Koeman if it was unfair after other players sold. "No, it's not unfair. Unfair is signing a new contract and wanting to go"

Download the official Twitter app here

Sent from my iPhone

Train with the under 10s! LOL. :)

How funny would that be, although I suspect the PFA would sadly appeal that one!

On what grounds could the Pfa object? He is a contracted player who has said he is not fit mentally or physically to represent the club, training either under 10's should let him rebuild his mental state in less pressurised surroundings!

Being more serious I can't see how the Pfa could object to him training with the reserves, man city have been doing it to players for years think Sinclair, Richards etc!

It's all fine for you to dish it out when it comes to accusing the board of all sorts of things, but you can't take it back, can you? You need to grow a pair if you are so easily offended if somebody accuses you of being naive or misguided in your opinions.

Release clauses.

There are or were no release clauses

We set the tone by allowing lovren and chambers to leave. Even lambert as quickly as he did

Morgan needs to publicly refuse to play or head but a team mate and he will be gone

Which "president" have we set, Nick?

Bush? Nixon? Amin?

I think we should be told.:?

|I know it looked wrong and spell check didnt help either! It was Jimmy Carter anyway, as he was a fool:) Thanks for pointing it out though Im sure nobody would have lol

Nailed it

Tom Allnutt (@tomallnuttPA)

08/08/2014 22:35

Asked Koeman if it was unfair after other players sold. "No, it's not unfair. Unfair is signing a new contract and wanting to go"

Download the official Twitter app here

Sent from my iPhone

But Koeman's comments are all just part of the money-go-round game in that if Koeman was a player we could probably and safely bet he would do a similar thing as Morgan. He's making the right noises because he has too, since the Board realise the natives are growing restless, so no matter what they have to at least make it look like they are putting up a 'battle'. And so it goes . . . .contractual legislation 'enforced' is what is required to stem this unfairness - "end of" as they say.

There are or were no release clauses

We set the tone by allowing lovren and chambers to leave. Even lambert as quickly as he did

Morgan needs to publicly refuse to play or head but a team mate and he will be gone

You're out of touch Batman the new MO is to bite a player, head butting is old 'hatitude'.

If spurs only bid 10m they are taking the **** , if Morgan thinks we'll deal with someone offering a derisory figure like that he is also taking the ****! If Suarez can get his nut down and have a season like he did last hopefully Morgan can do likewise , but I wont hold my breath! Its about time someone made a stand against footballing contract rebels

Which is why it is so important that we stand firm.

Ye really ball is in clubs hands. If they refuse to sell him then he goes out every week and plays crap it doesn't just affect the team but his chance of playing for France and getting a move away and same if he refuses to play