Morgan's head gone- Update: It has been re-attached

Chez

Koeman confirmed to the media after the PC

" Schneiderlin trained with his team-mates this week, albeit spending two days separately as he regains fitness following an extended rest after the World Cup. I spoke to him and the situation has not changed - we don't sell Schneiderlin and he has to accept that"

"The situation is difficult, the player makes it difficult," Koeman said.

"I spoke to him with our chairman and the situation has not changed - we don't sell Schneiderlin and he has to accept that.

"He will continue as a football player of Southampton. Now it is up to him."[/QUOTE]

Take note Morgan - YOUR CHOICE; rot in the reserves or knuckle down and prove you're as good as you think you are so maybe you can leave in the January window.

A lot will flow from the media reaction to this, and Morgan may have underestimated it.

The same journalists who constantly fawn over the big clubs and push players towards them with rumours will now change sides and talk wisely about this being a symptom of a sick game. Gutless, hypocritical scumbags.

It's hard to see Morgan getting much sympathy.

And let's not forget that he was the first of our core players to talk about moving to "a big club", last summer.

What a load of krap, even one of his greatest fans from Day 1 finds it difficult to accept your stomach churning whinging "not ready in the head to play for Southampton". FFS Morgan, you're a bloody footballer not an brain surgeon, get your effing boots on and get out there and start kicking the ball instead of your toys out of the pram!

Stick him in the development squad Ron and if he still refuses to play put him on lawn mowing duties.

Nooooooo stop his bloody wages! Suspend him and wait for him to wake up!

He gives people that genuinely go on strike a bad name. Can't remember the last time a millionaire went on strike for better conditions it's ****ing laughable. The toll puddle martyrs will be turning in their graves.

Get your French arse out in that pitch and put a shift in. You owe it to the fans if nothing else!

I'd love a club to make an example of a player. But it's not Morgan. He's done so much for us and I fully understand why he'd want his move now.

Someone like Lovren though, who has one year then says my head is in Liverpool, or Lallana who claims to want to stay forever then forces a move? Just once, let them see out their contract, sit in the reserves if necessary.

Agreed, especially about Lovren. That's where the line should have been drawn, and he's the one who should be rotting in the reserves.

Nooooooo stop his bloody wages! Suspend him and wait for him to wake up!

This this this.

Petulant spoiled child.

Club can't sell having made the statement, he could go in a couple if months and everyone saves face. If he cared even a tiny bit for the club he'd see that selling all our players would cripple us but he had now confirmed that he doesn't give a carp.

Interesting to see how the others respond to him.

Hard to pick who I detest more out of him Lovren or the beardless one

I blame Osvaldo. He was useless as a player and an utter turd as a professional. Yet he plays for Juventus and Inter Milan (dream moves) and is paid more than them. I honestly think he disrupted the team mindset/groupthink.

I blame the board for weak useless management of the situation! The buck stops with them!

captainchris - so you blame Cortese and Pochettino for Osvaldo too then?

As FF says, the pendulum has swung way too far in players favor where they can just sulk and refuse to play to get their move.

What seems to have been lost in this is that Spurs have supposedly offered 10 million for MS: which is derisory. What MS needs to realize is that someone has to come in with a bid that matches our valuation.

So impressed with Koeman though - what you see is what you get and obviously does not suffer fools gladly.

I do love RK ......

I would make him write a thousand word essay on 'what I thought it meant when I signed a 4 year contract'.

I would then make him write an open letter apologising for disrespecting the supporters who have sung his name'

I would then make him spend a day with Matt Le Tissier to understand how to conduct yourself as a footballer and understand the concept of loyalty.

Edited by Sergei Gotsmanov

I blame the board for weak useless management of the situation! The buck stops with them!

This is one of the reasons players behave like they do. Team mates, supporters, media, agents and buying clubs all make excuses for them. There is only one person in the wrong here and its MS. Yet people still make excuses and blame others. We boo ex skates who have nothing against our club , we give players doing their best like Fox and Guly clog. Yet a bloke who doesn't want to be here, will get cheered if he decides to honour us with his presence again. He's sticking 2 fingers up to us, yet its somebody else's fault?

He gives people that genuinely go on strike a bad name. Can't remember the last time a millionaire went on strike for better conditions it's ****ing laughable. The toll puddle martyrs will be turning in their graves.

Get your French arse out in that pitch and put a shift in. You owe it to the fans if nothing else!

Excellent post.

And I would add one sort of observation in that he's a millionaire doing what millionaires do when they smell even more money - anything they can to get it! What's that old saying "much wants more"? Anyway he'll do anything he can to get those extra millions in the Bank and if that means err 'refusing' to play to get the loot . . . . . . a Voilà.

This is one of the reasons players behave like they do. Team mates, supporters, media, agents and buying clubs all make excuses for them. There is only one person in the wrong here and its MS. Yet people still make excuses and blame others. We boo ex skates who have nothing against our club , we give players doing their best like Fox and Guly clog. Yet a bloke who doesn't want to be here, will get cheered if he decides to honour us with his presence again. He's sticking 2 fingers up to us, yet its somebody else's fault?

Very well said. Just like lovern and Lallana before him. The players at only too happy to sign their contracts and take their pay rises and you can't bet your life if we wanted shot of them they'd hold out for every penny they can get. This summer has done nothing to change my long held view that the vast majority of footballers theses days are utter *****s. I don't begrudge anyone having ambitions and wanting to better themselves, but there are ways to behave, there are ways to get what you want without p*ssing on those who gave you the opportunity to get there in the first place.

Very well said. Just like lovern and Lallana before him. The players at only too happy to sign their contracts and take their pay rises and you can't bet your life if we wanted shot of them they'd hold out for every penny they can get. This summer has done nothing to change my long held view that the vast majority of footballers theses days are utter *****s. I don't begrudge anyone having ambitions and wanting to better themselves, but there are ways to behave, there are ways to get what you want without p*ssing on those who gave you the opportunity to get there in the first place.

If Lee Cattermole was a post, he'd be this.

It's all a PR war. Did anyone really believe Kruger when he said he's not going ?, without talking to the player ?. He's been made a pawn in a PR war and whilst I'm unhappy about his reaction, why has he been picked on ?

Let's face it we all know what is going on here. KL wants to sell the club, and why wouldn't she, why would she want to win a Prem club? She and the board have realised they can't sell a club who will go down and probably realising that is now a reality have panicked. A 3 yr deal for a cb who has as much time left as Lambert. Bringing in a replacement for Schneiderlin from Milan. Downgrading statements all the time 'we will spend 30m plus player sales', 'we'll reinvest all player sales', 'we'll spend a large amount of our transfer budget', 'sone of transfer budget needs to go to satisfying player contracts'. I think you have to be pretty deaf to not hear the theme here.

Most of the fans know this and the players certainly do. I think Schneiderlin has realised that thus window gives him more chance than Jan (I would have thought after their PR disaster SFC tactic was to ask Hi to stay until Jan to buy them time).

He's a player approaching his prime, been with us from the Championship down to league 1 and up again and we are showing zero ambition. Precedent had been set and he is rightly ****ed off.

Sadly for MS Krugers crass statement has in so many ways forced his hand. Let's say you were employed by a company clearly on the decline and all your talented colleagues were all allowed to leave when your boss suddenly announces to everyone that no matter what you are staying!

He'll go before this window is out, we've all known that for a while, it's just a shame that it has all ended with such bitterness. I don't believe MS is that kind of player.

If I was Spurs and Potty Chino I would be grinning after this. Almost too easy for them. I've no doubts Schneiderlin is off. I have no doubts that his mind has been poisoned by the others going and no doubt his meeting(s) with MoPo have helped screw his head up.

Levy and MoPo will be laughing- knowing full well that Saints will crack and let him go at the end of the window for a bargain price. I hope we sell to a foreign club rather than Spurs.

It's all a PR war. Did anyone really believe Kruger when he said he's not going ?, without talking to the player ?. He's been made a pawn in a PR war and whilst I'm unhappy about his reaction, why has he been picked on ?

Let's face it we all know what is going on here. KL wants to sell the club, and why wouldn't she, why would she want to win a Prem club? She and the board have realised they can't sell a club who will go down and probably realising that is now a reality have panicked. A 3 yr deal for a cb who has as much time left as Lambert. Bringing in a replacement for Schneiderlin from Milan. Downgrading statements all the time 'we will spend 30m plus player sales', 'we'll reinvest all player sales', 'we'll spend a large amount of our transfer budget', 'sone of transfer budget needs to go to satisfying player contracts'. I think you have to be pretty deaf to not hear the theme here.

Most of the fans know this and the players certainly do. I think Schneiderlin has realised that thus window gives him more chance than Jan (I would have thought after their PR disaster SFC tactic was to ask Hi to stay until Jan to buy them time).

He's a player approaching his prime, been with us from the Championship down to league 1 and up again and we are showing zero ambition. Precedent had been set and he is rightly ****ed off.

Sadly for MS Krugers crass statement has in so many ways forced his hand. Let's say you were employed by a company clearly on the decline and all your talented colleagues were all allowed to leave when your boss suddenly announces to everyone that no matter what you are staying!

He'll go before this window is out, we've all known that for a while, it's just a shame that it has all ended with such bitterness. I don't believe MS is that kind of player.

He's not been 'picked on'. He has simply been told to fulfil a contract he signed. Jesus wept!

Let's face it. We don't know what is going on. Saying KL wants to sell the club is pure speculation and in no way a fact-based judgement.

You say precedent has been set but, with all the transfers that have gone previous, potential suitors have met our premium. No club has apparently done so for Morgan.

Well said. He's picked the wrong man in Ronald Koeman for a Mexican stand-off - twice the player and twice the man Organ will ever be...

Well I hope we do hold firm. If it means MS training with the youth team, so be it. He still has 4 years left on his contract so plenty of time to think about his behavior and attitude.

Plus if Spurs truly have offered 10 million for him, that is just plain insulting.

Heard it was £10m plus Holtby and Chiriches, which would be a good deal for us.

I am sadly, right. It shouldnt be that way, but it is. Nothing will change his mind now, and it would be so embarassing for him to u-turn, he will push it all the way until there is no nothing option but for us to sell and reinvest in someone who wants to be at the club.

Maybe, but surely we are in the driving seat to some degree. We don't need to sell him for financial reasons, and we are strong enough in midfield without him, so surely we call his bluff - strikers have to return to work if employers are strong!

I also reckon he would be in breach of contract ifo he refused to play which would only harm his chances of a move and internationally.

It's all a PR war. Did anyone really believe Kruger when he said he's not going ?, without talking to the player ?.

Firstly it's "Krueger", secondly, it was reported that Krueger talked to him before the interview (and it took Schneiderlin 4 hours to post on Twitter, waiting for all the feelgood factor about him staying to be established before releasing his tweet in time for the evening reports on Sky Sports, strange that), thirdly, yes, a lot of people believed him, as they tend to do with very specific answers to specific questions on a particular subject when given live on television from people in positions to ensure that happens.

You're pretty much wrong on everything else as well, but not much point wasting my time dissecting that as well.

Firstly it's "Krueger", secondly, it was reported that Krueger talked to him before the interview (and it took Schneiderlin 4 hours to post on Twitter, waiting for all the feelgood factor about him staying to be established before releasing his tweet in time for the evening reports on Sky Sports, strange that), thirdly, yes, a lot of people believed him, as they tend to do with very specific answers to specific questions on a particular subject when given live on television from people in positions to ensure that happens.

You're pretty much wrong on everything else as well, but not much point wasting my time dissecting that as well.

Good post :thumbup:

You are so wrong on this one!

LOL :smug:

A lot will flow from the media reaction to this, and Morgan may have underestimated it.

The same journalists who constantly fawn over the big clubs and push players towards them with rumours will now change sides and talk wisely about this being a symptom of a sick game. Gutless, hypocritical scumbags.

It's hard to see Morgan getting much sympathy.

And let's not forget that he was the first of our core players to talk about moving to "a big club", last summer.

Maybe not. Like it or not, it's the big clubs who sell newspapers/provide traffic to their websites so their agenda is naturally to attract fans and readers of those clubs.

They're not that interested in writing the true story, which would be one of sympathy towards Saints. Their stories will be angled more on how he is 'forced' to go on strike to get his dream move and how Spurs can land him.

I'll be interested to see the by-lines on the stories. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are written by Spurs fans who work on the nationals.

I don't see what is wrong with what he wrote. Clearly we were in negotiations re Morgan unless you believe the spiel about Ralphy being in Canada to speak to Spurs about commercial stuff and never once spoke about any Saints players. Morgan had been told that the club were willing to sell him but we back tracked after the fallout of the Chambers sale. The club should have just sold him and have done with it as he will be sold this window regardless so this farce is all for nothing.

BREAKING NEWS! THE CLUB IS NOT FOR SALE!

It's the going to Spurs thing that ****es me off, not because of Poch but it's not really a massive step up, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and even Liverpool i can get my head round. Spurs? I just don't get it.

It. Is. Step up

We finish 8th and everyone is excited that we have won our league

Spurs finish 8th and the manager is sacked and the players probably won't show their faces in public

I don't see what is wrong with what he wrote. Clearly we were in negotiations re Morgan unless you believe the spiel about Ralphy being in Canada to speak to Spurs about commercial stuff and never once spoke about any Saints players. Morgan had been told that the club were willing to sell him but we back tracked after the fallout of the Chambers sale. The club should have just sold him and have done with it as he will be sold this window regardless so this farce is all for nothing.

Well, for a start he wrote that no-one spoke to Schneiderlin about him not being able to leave before it was mentioned on Sky, which isn't true.

All the other stuff is pretty much known, and it is also perfectly possible Krueger didn't talk about transfers at a conference in Toronto even if he WAS trying to sell Schneiderlin to Spurs at other times, which again, I'm fairly sure everyone thinks is the case. No-one's saying we weren't probably about to sell him until the Chambers backlash. It's not the "crass statement" that's forced his hand, it's the player having a wobbler and not just getting on with doing his job for his employers having been told he's not going (yet).