More great news - Garmin Become Official Partner

Turkish

It's been a fantastic week to be a Saint and I was delighted with this announcement.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/14082014-announcement-garmin-partnership-1827220.aspx

Its great to see us associated with these huge global brands. We really are making tremendous strides off the pitch as well as on it. Gareth seems to be doing a great job.

Well done Gareth, Ralph and Kat.

It's been a fantastic week to be a Saint and I was delighted with this announcement.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/14082014-announcement-garmin-partnership-1827220.aspx

Its great to see us associated with these huge global brands. We really are making tremendous strides off the pitch as well as on it. Gareth seems to be doing a great job.

Well done Gareth, Ralph and Kat.

I suppose this means I cant tell the club to get lost anymore

Who said we don't have a clue where we are going.

No more Les Reed in the passenger seat shrouded by crumpled map, rotating in his hands saying to Weighty Katey (driving) " of course I know where I am going and NO! am not asking anyone..... For ****s sake Katey"

"Official Navigation Partner" made me sick in my mouth, this **** has gone too far yo!

No one thinks of how all the unofficial navigation partners must feel. Poor old Tom Tom got us to Hull and back last year and now just completely ignored like a golfing Phil golf story.

Who said we don't have a clue where we are going.

No more Les Reed in the passenger seat shrouded by crumpled map, rotating in his hands saying to Weighty Katey (driving) " of course I know where I am going and NO! am not asking anyone..... For ****s sake Katey"

They are our fitness partner too, so I expect to see bikini shots of kats beach ready summer body modelling next years own brand swimwear

I'm hearing there is a limited edition SFC Garmin sat nav set to be launched.

This one features unique split - screen technology. The right hand screen shows your exact physical location, while the left screen shows where your head is at.

This one features unique split - screen technology. The right hand screen shows your exact physical location, while the left screen shows where your head is at.

I heard the saints edition only had one programmable direction Liverpool ?

Will it have a pre-programmed default destination as Liverpool?

EDIT - oops, see I am a bit slow off the mark - must have been trying to acquire satellite coverage.

If I am honest, and following on from the commercial ineptitude thread, this is the sort of main sponsor that I would far rather have. Just a very quick look on line shows that their revenuefor FY2011 was USD 2.76 billion. For them, I am sure that they could tie in the marine aspect of the area with their products. So win all round.

In all seriousness, that's not a bad idea... not the split screen malarkey... but a branded sat nav with all 92 Football League clubs pre-programmed in to the memory

Another one of those global brands signed up that Cortese claimed was queuing up to associate themselves with Saints, but never actually did, hey diggers.

I have no idea, we've had that fitness tracking technology for ages and we've been navigating fine as far as I can tell, but I guess this is a step forward in our quest surpass Watford on the commercial front. Big well done to Gareth, he's a big draw for the Global Brands

That explains why Garmin have failed to come back to me with an answer to a technical question I asked them within the stated 48hrs they said they would, about being able to recharge one of their products with my recently acquired Veho Pebble, they have obviously been too busy dotting the i's and crossing the t's on this deal.

Veho by comparison when they were asked the same question came back with an answer in 3 hrs, obviously because their feet are already under the table with Saints.

:D

I have no idea, we've had that fitness tracking technology for ages and we've been navigating fine as far as I can tell, but I guess this is a step forward in our quest surpass Watford on the commercial front. Big well done to Gareth, he's a big draw for the Global Brands

He certainly is taking us to the next level as far as commercial revenue goes.

Bit concerned about the age of this technology. Uninspired by this signing I guess. Sure, Garmin are proven in the navigation field, with several years experience of navigating at the top level, but it's not that exciting is it?

I am sure Garmin will get us where we need to be going, but I would preferred the club to show ambition and either go for an even bigger name (would TomTom come here?), or preferably invest in new emerging talent; Google Maps is worth a punt IMO.

Bit concerned about the age of this technology. Uninspired by this signing I guess. Sure, Garmin are proven in the navigation field, with several years experience of navigating at the top level, but it's not that exciting is it?

I am sure Garmin will get us where we need to be going, but I would preferred the club to show ambition and either go for an even bigger name (would TomTom come here?), or preferably invest in new emerging talent; Google Maps is worth a punt IMO.

Garmin are a bigger brand than TomTom globally and they are now neck and neck in terms of market share in the UK.

Garmin are a bigger brand than TomTom globally and they are now neck and neck in terms of market share in the UK.

Yeah, not sure if I rate TomTom either though! Great company and all that and I didn't realise Garmin were bigger now (it's these stats you don't always see that are so important to football sponsorship deals these days).

However, I would still rather take a punt on a fresh exciting navigation technology like Google Maps. Sure it has issues, but it is young and guaranteed to improve.

Yeah, not sure if I rate TomTom either though! Great company and all that and I didn't realise Garmin were bigger now (it's these stats you don't always see that are so important to football sponsorship deals these days).

However, I would still rather take a punt on a fresh exciting navigation technology like Google Maps. Sure it has issues, but it is young and guaranteed to improve.

whats the difference?

its just a partnership with a global brand....who cares which one

whats the difference?

its just a partnership with a global brand....who cares which one

I am shocked Bats! You don't care about the Official Navigation Partner? Come on man, call yourself a fan!?

;-)

(Tip: swap the words Garmin and Google Maps in my post with Long and Ings... ...crowbarred in, I know, maybe too subtle and a bit sh!t, sorry.)

Are you suggesting they are the shane long of sat navs?

I am shocked Bats! You don't care about the Official Navigation Partner? Come on man, call yourself a fan!?

;-)

(Tip: swap the words Garmin and Google Maps in my post with Long and Ings... ...crowbarred in, I know, maybe too subtle and a bit sh!t, sorry.)

It wasn't, don't think Brett has woken up yet.

No one thinks of how all the unofficial navigation partners must feel. Poor old Tom Tom got us to Hull and back last year and now just completely ignored like a golfing Phil golf story.

You do know that Sat Navs are very helpful on the golf course don't you? All our Golf buggies down here have GPS tracking in them.

I will certainly be demanding that they now retro-fit Garmin on all them.

Oh, and don't worry, there will be some stupendous golf stories & articles coming along very soon. Once I've sorted out a major war with Paypal.

Oh and thanks to above posters for the quips. I have nicked them for the Dubai Saints FB page.

If I am honest, and following on from the commercial ineptitude thread, this is the sort of main sponsor that I would far rather have. Just a very quick look on line shows that their revenuefor FY2011 was USD 2.76 billion. For them, I am sure that they could tie in the marine aspect of the area with their products. So win all round.

Maybe this is the first step towards that eventual outcome. Who knows.

In any event I reckon it's a positive outcome to have a brand like this willing to jump on the bus with us.