Taider Leaving Already

Saint Charlie

It's mad isn't it? you'd think they would see playing football foe a living as a privilege and something to enjoy yet so many modern footballs come across as gutless, moaning ****s these days

To be fair, he can enjoy the privilege in Italy as well. It's not like he's leaving us to become a monk

I hope Harrison Reed takes his place in the squad. Didn't see the point of this guy anyway, they were probably covering for Morgan leaving but now, hopefully, the situation has changed.

Harrison is supposed to be the next great thing from our academy isn't he? didn't Les say one of the best to come out of our youth set up or something? That being the case surely we'd want him and around the 1st team?

May not be the case but this deal did have the hallmarks of a make weight in the Osvaldo deal, in that the deals were separate but we were obviously offered Taider and Schelotto when we probably wouldn't have been interested in either if we didn't conveniently happen to be in discussions with Inter at the same time.

I would think we won't bother replacing him, and if we don't it kind of shows it was an impulse deal. If any of our other signings suddenly left we would HAVE to replace them. Not the case here, which suggests it wasn't a priority but just something that came up. Inter were obviously keen to push him out the door, and reports suggested he wasn't overly keen at first. Doesn't' sound like one of the ones Reed said in May/June that we had been watching for ages and the player was gagging to come here.

However it's dressed up the planning and execution of the window has been very poor.

To be fair, he can enjoy the privilege in Italy as well. It's not like he's leaving us to become a monk

Probably true it just seems this whole summer, from Yaya Toure not getting a birthday present to Lovern and his head, has been about poor little millionaire footballer players and their lives of woe after a while it just grates a bit.

Shambolic? Really? How is it the club's fault that the guy gives up and goes home after a few weeks because he is homesick? It takes a while to settle in a foreign country. If he has gone because he is homesick that is totally his fault for not trying to make it work. It is better he is gone but doesn't leave much time to bring someone else in his place.

And was on loan, not purchased.

Looked like he was just gonna sit on the bench, play the odd U21 etc. anyway, didn't even play in the CC Cup against Millwall which shows RoKo rated him little regardless so I won't lose much sleep over this one.

Sounds like Inter convinced him to come to sweeten the Osvaldo deal.

Odd but we're not exactly short in the central midfield department. Morgan, Vic, Cork, JWP, Davis and Reed should be more than enough to see out the season. We need attacking midfielders, players to play in the front 3, not central midfielders. I had hoped Taider could adapt to play in the attacking trio, but now we'll never know. I definitely hope there are some signings coming up, aside from Tadic and possibly Ramirez I fail to see us create many goals until perhaps Rodriguez is fit again. Can we afford to rely on the youth?

As long as we don't go down then yes.

For me this has been right up there with the worst transfer windows ever as practically every day there has been something negative in the press about Saints and if we don't get a couple more decent players in then I do worry for our season just hoping to god that we don't lose any more key players before monday night as Spurs are bound to chance their arm on Sunday/Monday for Morgan again

If we lose at West Ham tomorrow is there more likely to be panic buys?

Get a couple of decent players in and I can't wait for the window to slam shut and hopefully the media to have some feeding frenzies with other clubs and leave us alone

Embarrassing, especially given how much the signing was talked up by those at the club. Didn't we pay a loan fee of 1m euro or something, what happens to that money?

See this is what I can't understand it was a season long loan, wasn't it, and If we paid a loan fee how can he just walk and go on loan else where?

Always going to be hard to settle if you've come to play football and are not getting a sniff of any action.

Surprised he didn't feature Tuesday, especially as he showed some bustle and energy in his cameo appearance and we've often looked pedestrian in midfield.

I think Serie A must now rate alongside South Americans as a transfer market to steer well clear of.

...and yet we see how much success Newcastle have had with the French market and I wonder why we haven't raided that since... Morgan is it?

I guess we have to hope for better luck with the Eredivisie.

I think people need to calm down about his impeding departure and just wait and see over the next couple of days.

Squad size we'll be down, but is his position in the squad really that much of a worry? Plenty of depth there and it isn't exactly weaker as a result.

We still need a couple and I think we'll get a couple.

Always going to be hard to settle if you've come to play football and are not getting a sniff of any action.

Surprised he didn't feature Tuesday, especially as he showed some bustle and energy in his cameo appearance and we've often looked pedestrian in midfield.

Probably hung over, smoked out and minor millionaire's knob rot. Can slow the best player down.

I think people need to calm down about his impeding departure and just wait and see over the next couple of days.

Squad size we'll be down, but is his position in the squad really that much of a worry? Plenty of depth there and it isn't exactly weaker as a result.

Yeah that's fair I mean he could have been carp anyway we will never know now. I'm just confused out how this whole thing came about and how he can just walk away so easily.

He probably didn't feature Tuesday because we didn't him to have made an app for us as then he might not be able to move.

End of the day, loads of signings have to wait before they make lots of appearances. From the sounds of things he couldn't speak any English, as didn't do any kind of interview when he signed.

Just think it seemed like a panic signing, at that point we needed a signing to appease fans after Chambers had been sold, and we were offered Taider by Inter, probably didn't do much due diligence on him and ended up signing someone who didn't really want to be here. He was hesitant according to the Italian press, just like Osvaldo was.

Yeah that's fair I mean he could have been carp anyway we will never know now. I'm just confused out how this whole thing came about and how he can just walk away so easily.

Got a hunch that at the time we were offered him, we were fully prepared to sell Morgan. So saw him as an additional free option to cover that space.

Obviously a lot of goal posts have changed since then and his position in the squad has fallen right back.

I don't think many will be too bothered about this player going, but annoyed that our transfer policy re incoming players has been a bit shambolic so far.

But of course we will reserve judgement until the 1st Sept when the window closes.

Has anyone stopped to think about the obvious - Saints reluctantly take Taider on the basis its the only way we get rid of Osw@nker. Taider is obviously not happy here either, then suddenly this new club then come along and say "we would really like Taider and could use him", Taider himself loves this as he gets to go home, saints no longer have to pay his wages and gave a player they dont want anyway. At the same time Inter still keep Tiader of the wage bill - All 3 clubs win.

Dont see the issue here at all.