Taider Leaving Already

Saint Charlie

In terms of quality of course. I meant more that of all our signings, only Gardos looks like someone the scouts have picked up. The others were either obvious or known and recommended by Koeman.

As someone who played in the world cup, surely Taider would have been reasonably obvious for any reasonable scouting department?

Maybe Koeman underestimated Cork.

I never understood it, for CMs we were strong anyway. Cork, Davis, Reed and JWP can all fill in if Wanyama or Schneiderlin are out.

I reckon it's more of a case that the Morgan situation totally changed.

I don't like saying this and I hope I am wrong but I am so reminded how we let Shearer go and got in Dixon and Speedie, neither of whom wanted to be here. It ended in tears very quickly. I remain to be convinced by Les Reed, as I type we have 72 hours left in the market place and we are less strong than we were at the season's end.

Not concerned that we've lost him, if RK thinks we need a replacement then we have time to get one. More interested in the reasons why is going...Seems like a combination of him not liking the city of Southampton as much as Milan (utter shock), not fitting in with the squad due to language/cultural barriers, Morgan now staying and Cork proving himself to Koeman. If it makes sense for all parties then I haven't got a problem with it - does seem unlikely that we'd have a contingency plan for this situation though given that, as far I'm aware, its unprecedented. Fear not though, Les Reed will be on the first plane back from Benidorm to sort it all out :)

I would have thought it impossible to know whether the rest of the group thought he was a **** until he arrived. ****ishness is not something the scouts usually measure.

Ability to and likelihood of a player adapting to a new environment and football style most certain is something assessed though.

Jesus wept,just when the football world had stopped laughing at us,we go and make ourselves look like fools again

I am just thankful that they are laughing more at Man U

Some posters on here are really strange. Why is it that the club is a laughing stock by admitting that things hadn't worked out? To me, while it might not be an ideal situation, far better for all parties to do this, than let him fester away in the background. So it was a mistake - not a major one, and one that has been resolved pretty quickly. So why exactly is the club a laughing stock? Would be rather naive to think that all transfers took place without any hitches. And the reaction to someone leaving who has never played for us, and by sounds of it, never would, is hysterical. Would people have preferred him to sit on the bench for the season and never play just so the club could pretend that a slight misjudgement hadn't been made or for the club to take the pragmatic path?

Jesus wept,just when the football world had stopped laughing at us,we go and make ourselves look like fools again

I am just thankful that they are laughing more at Man U

No, they were never laughing at us to begin with. Apart from maybe Hull fans when we spent £12m on Shane Long.

Nobody else is going to give a sh*t about this. The Soccer Saturday panel will probably spend 30 seconds saying, 'yeah that deal obviously didn't play out' but that's about it. If anything people will be laughing at Taider for bottling it after a month.

Strange. But best to move on now rather than in 4 days. In all walks of life people struggle to adapt to countries/jobs/work colleges. It obviously happens in football too, just a shame its us after all the other players leaving.

I never saw him myself but by all accounts he was good in the friendly and the under21 games he played in.

I would have thought it impossible to know whether the rest of the group thought he was a **** until he arrived. ****ishness is not something the scouts usually measure.

Although the wearing of SnapBack caps is a pretty good rule of thumb for cûntishness...

No, they were never laughing at us to begin with. Apart from maybe Hull fans when we spent £12m on Shane Long.

Nobody else is going to give a sh*t about this. The Soccer Saturday panel will probably spend 30 seconds saying, 'yeah that deal obviously didn't play out' but that's about it. If anything people will be laughing at Taider for bottling it after a month.

It was a tongue in cheek comment.......however the football world was laughing at us and laughing hard,the jokes about having no players / exodus etc etc after being sold was going on for weeks

I don't like saying this and I hope I am wrong but I am so reminded how we let Shearer go and got in Dixon and Speedie, neither of whom wanted to be here. It ended in tears very quickly. I remain to be convinced by Les Reed, as I type we have 72 hours left in the market place and we are less strong than we were at the season's end.

You're not the only one. Think he is out of his depth IMO.

Pompey are laughing, and that's official. The resident skate on the sicki forum pointed out that taider lasted longer here than ali dia.

I thought he looked good with a good range of passing and I was surprised he did not play at Millwall

Sounds like he's been for the off pretty much since he arrived so playing him against Millwall, even if he was still in the country, would have been a pointless exercise.

Shame, if he's found it difficult with too many changes both in terms of culture and football then fair play to him for at least being honest and admitting it.

I'm a bit confused by this thread though, seems some fans think it's a damming case against Reed and our scouts.

Hate to break it to you but sometimes it doesn't work out, no matter how much planning and diligence is carried out. Footballers are human beings after all and it seems the usual posters on here need to be reminded of that.

Not getting even 5 minutes in any of games must have really p i ss ed him off especially after scoring in the Reserve game. To sit on the bench watching how awful we played must have been too much to take.

I guess he doesn't fit in with the Group when he's probably been told by Skate supporters Saints are a bunch of pony sh**gers.:)

Will be interesting to see how well he does in future. Won't help us bring in new players who'll be asking questions about what went wrong.

You couldn't make it up all we've had to ensure since Cortese left.

Pompey are laughing, and that's official. The resident skate on the sicki forum pointed out that taider lasted longer here than ali dia.

If a Pompey fan laughing because a loan player who has never played for us has left, I don't think I will sleep tonight.

Seriously, I can't get too upset about a team 3 League below us taking the p*ss. Not when players like Taider would walk into their team.

I guess not then.

Unless we're bringing in a ****load before Monday...

I think it was just a very poorly researched addition, brought in at a time when Morgan was going. The goal posts have changed in that respect, and it turns out that Tadier didn't really want to be here in the first place.

All clubs have transfer howlers, but Forren, Osvaldo, Mayuka and now Tadier look like total nightmares for us!

what a bunch of bedwetting, hysterical T**ts on here.

boo hooo f'in hooo. Taider didn't work out.

Question for the usual t***ts: would you rather we kept Taider or Morgan? Just asking like............

Was it a choice between the two?

I think it was just a very poorly researched addition, brought in at a time when Morgan was going. The goal posts have changed in that respect, and it turns out that Tadier didn't really want to be here in the first place.

All clubs have transfer howlers, but Forren, Osvaldo, Mayuka and now Tadier look like total nightmares for us!

Only Osvaldo is a nightmare. The amount of money lost on the other three is relatively small. If we'd beaten Stoke on the last day of the season a couple of years ago, the difference in prize money would have covered one of their transfers by itself.

Very odd. Clearly not much due diligence done with this one.

Indeed. I still think we took an Inter player to stop loan fees being exchanged, even if the deals are "separate". And Taider was top of a short list of utterly average players.

Hope Stevegrant is big enough to apologise for his abuse the other day...