• Davis
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Tadic
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Ramirez
    • Cork

And we lost 12 players. Top research Phil

I shouted at Neville about this as well, but actually he is technically correct: Lee Barnard, Calum Chambers, Jonno Forte, Danny Fox, Guly, Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert, Dejan Lovren, Dani Osvaldo, Andy Robinson, Billy Sharp, Luke Shaw. Now add to that Saphir Tadir and that makes 13. Also we let Tom Leggett, Isaac Nehemie and Corby Moore join Aston Villa and Indy Eleven, so that would be 16, plus manager and coaching staff. So Neville perhaps understated our "exodus".

You don't think you'll bother watching Match of the Day ever again?

Sorry if this drifts into my boring private life;

I'm sure at some point I will watch MOTD, of course, even though it constantly disappoints me. It was a throwaway comment. I was watching a film with my wife whilst MOTD was on. I kept popping into the other room to see if coverage of our match was on yet- which was slightly annoying for my wife, but once "our" bit came on she very patiently paused the film to allow me time to watch it. However the coverage was so pathetic I wished I hadn't bothered - hence my "don't think I'll bother again" comment. Hope that explains it ;) The only saving grace for me with MOTD is at least it doesn't feature Manish Bhasin, mugs and brick walls.

We murdered them second half, not that BBC showed it, awful coverage. Motd is so dated nowadays, terrible smug programme.

West Ham were hopeless, great that we took advantage as they were there for the taking. Great that pelle scored , and Steven Davis was back to something like his best.

Fortunately I watched extended coverage on Sky's Saturday night choice thingy.

I shouted at Neville about this as well, but actually he is technically correct: Lee Barnard, Calum Chambers, Jonno Forte, Danny Fox, Guly, Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert, Dejan Lovren, Dani Osvaldo, Andy Robinson, Billy Sharp, Luke Shaw. Now add to that Saphir Tadir and that makes 13. Also we let Tom Leggett, Isaac Nehemie and Corby Moore join Aston Villa and Indy Eleven, so that would be 16, plus manager and coaching staff. So Neville perhaps understated our "exodus".

But we haven't lost 12 players, have we? Losing that many players begins to look like carelessness. We sold several for good amounts of money and if he feels that we could not prevent them leaving, then he can put that spin on Shaw, Lallana, Lovren, Lambert and Chambers. As for the rest, there are players we sold because they were no longer considered good enough for our upward progression and others on your who list were players that many Saints fans won't even have heard of. The impression that the idiot Neville gave was that we were down to the bare bones squad-wise and no mention in mitigation that the main players who had left had pretty well been replaced.

I bet the BBC thought they were being clever picking him up. ''Oh, his brother is amazing though''.

But phil has always been the ugly ducking of the Neville household.

And with plenty of competition in that department as his brother is no oil painting.

A great afternoon. Well done Saints. Well done Big Ron. The season has begun!

This is the best report I've read of the match

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/west-ham-united-vs-southampton-match-report-morgan-schneiderlin-brace-earns-ronald-koeman-first-saints-win-9701481.html

(And the Daily Star is not surprisingly by far the worse for incoherent rambling):

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/397192/West-Ham-1-Southampton-3-Morgan-Schneiderlin-puts-a-cork-in-his-whine

But we haven't lost 12 players, have we? Losing that many players begins to look like carelessness. We sold several for good amounts of money and if he feels that we could not prevent them leaving, then he can put that spin on Shaw, Lallana, Lovren, Lambert and Chambers. As for the rest, there are players we sold because they were no longer considered good enough for our upward progression and others on your who list were players that many Saints fans won't even have heard of. The impression that the idiot Neville gave was that we were down to the bare bones squad-wise and no mention in mitigation that the main players who had left had pretty well been replaced.

The really stupid thing about Neville was he looked like he actually believed the rubbish he was spouting.

The really stupid thing about Neville was he looked like he actually believed the rubbish he was spouting.

He was also asked for a bit of insight to Zaha, for whom he coached at Man Utd, and all he could say was ''He's a quality player''.

Excellent.

Who said anything about losing? I don't think I did, and I don't think Neville did. He just said 12 players had left, and technically he was about right whereas I was responding to the fact that someone on here though we had not lost 12. Neville is still a total bell end. Berate someone for being an idiot but when they say something factually correct it is a bit stupid to berate them in that situation.

Who said anything about losing? I don't think I did, and I don't think Neville did. He just said 12 players had left, and technically he was about right whereas I was responding to the fact that someone on here though we had not lost 12. Neville is still a total bell end. Berate someone for being an idiot but when they say something factually correct it is a bit stupid to berate them in that situation.

Neville said that we had lost 12 players.

Neville's comment and the report in The Star both show a considerable degree of ignorance by people who try to give the impression that they know more about football than the rest of us and pocket generous amounts of cash as their reward.

Whilst we lost at least four players we would have preferred to keep, the bulk of the team remains, bolstered by 3 or 4 internationals brought in as replacements. We have also replaced an aging Polish GK with England's current No.2 keeper. Koeman's team last week included 7 outfield players who were with the club last season, 6 of them being in our first choice XI. There were only 3 new signings in the outfield, plus the GK. Some simple research would have undermined the comments by Neville and The Star but Hey!, why allow the truth to spoil a pre-determined story?

Edited by Professor

Sow Grampton I heard it as - but they got names like Morgan Schneiderlin spot on...

"Sa-oot-gyempton" is the normal Russian pronunciation - I got very used to pronouncing it that way myself when talking to Russians (when in Rome and all that). A name like Schneiderlin (albeit without the nasalised final vowel) is a lot easier for a Russian speaker to pronounce.

Slightly more on topic, it struck me that the editing was the real issue with the MotD highlights - for example, why was so much time spent on a dubious penalty shout which didn't get a mention anywhere else (hell, even Fat Sam only whined about the corner which led to our second goal)? As for the studio pundits, the less said the better.