• Schneiderlin
    • Davis
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Tadic
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Ramirez
    • Cork

Fantastic second half performance, oozing with confidence and more urgency. A stark contrast to the first half where although having some good possession we looked like a team of strangers. Delighted they made me eat my words and exactly the reaction we needed.

I love the stance that Koeman has taken with Taider as well, seems like we may have narrowly avoided another trouble maker!

Still bizarre that Cork doesn't have his new deal but hopefully after his last few appearances he's on his way to one soon!

Fantastic second half from Pelle and a finish of genuine quality with his left foot. I'm excited at the prospect of Tadic and Ramirez teaming up as they're both technically very good players who could combine to good effect.

Now that Morgan has his priorities right, he's looking star quality again.... and Pelle is becoming accepted by more people.

In the final 20 minutes, (with 60+% ball possession)... it almost looked like the same side as last season. ....perhaps the players are beginning to recognise each other.....:lol:

.......and at last we have a manager with a Plan B. Well done Ronald.

Great result, looking forward to more comments from people who were there. It does seem that we might be lasting better in games, a little less helter skelter pressing has meant it looks like we don't tire in the last 15 like we did on occasions last year.

On train home. Great 2nd half!

Biggest plus for me was Gaston's performance. He looked lean, mean and hungry.

Some great moves off the ball and some great touches and passes

Also Pelle looks like he is getting used to premier life as well.

And Tadic. - what more can I say especially with Morgan in the middle

Tony Husband ‏@TonyHusbandBBC 4m

#saintsfc @SchneiderlinMo4 gave a gracious and considered iv, apologised if he upset some fans, now focused on remainder of his contract.

Fanastic reaction. A real man and real pro, unlike Lallana and Lovren.

Watch his career go from strength-to-strength whilst Lallana and Lovren slip into obscurity.

Deschamps sticking by him too...

He will realise somewhen that he dodged a bullet, I reckon.

Just got back great result and what a performance in the 2nd half, Tadic was outstanding as was Pelle and Morgan, If we could get another Tadic that would name me happy, he has great understanding with Clyne and Bertrand and we always looked very dangerous on the side Tadic was on

Only negative for me was the knobs that had obviously watched green street before coming breaking chairs, racist abuse and starting fights with other Saints fans, thankfully most of them were thrown out before the match finished

Apologies for the late MotM poll, phone battery died earlier.

For some reason, victories over West Ham always manage to be that little bit sweeter :D

It is because the Owners, Fans and Manager are mostly wallies. Especially the fat messes that are Allardyce and that tool the Moose on Talk****e.

So many things to be happy about today:-

1) Coming from behind away from home.

2) Dominant performance.

3) Players beginning to gel as a team.

4) Majestic performance from Morgan.

5) Pelle off the mark and playing well.

6) Beating West Ham.

7) Beating Sam Allardyce

8) Off the mark and confidence improving

9) Silencing the bedwetters.

10) Spring in my step on Monday morning.

Feels good.

Schneiderlin will get his move next summer I guess, I mean there's no reason for him to sign a new contract and to be fair, I think he deserves a title winning side he's that good. But he's acted well and clearly cares about saints, hopefully by the time he moves JWP and Reed would have come on enough to replace him. That's the way we have to work.

Well, Real Madrid are looking for a replacement for Xabi Alonso - if Morgan has another season as good as the last one they'll be all over him like seagulls on a bag of chips next summer.

In terms of the game today, I feared the worst when we went 1-0 down. Haven't seen any of the action yet because I was at work, but so many times over the last couple of years we've gone a goal down away and never looked like getting back in it - hopefully that may have changed! Pleased for Pelle, he was never going to hit the ground running with the support he was getting from the midfield previously but it seems like we've pushed them slightly higher and our wingers slightly narrower, and it's paying off.

Also it's f*cking brilliant to finally beat West Ham again, I was scared that we might have to start playing Jos again to get a goal against them :scared:

This was sweet revenge for the 3-1 tonking that they gave us up there last year. Having also only drawn 0-0 at St Mary's early last season, it could be argued that a wily old fox like Allardyce had sussed out Pochettino's tactics and knew how to deal with them. This team we put out today was a different kettle of fish and fairly comprehensively outplayed them, testament to which was borne out by the boos that echoed around the Boleyn Ground at the final whistle.

We had started very well and looked a cut above them for the first 20 minutes, but typically their bogey player Noble scored on 27 minutes and one wondered whether we would get anything from the game at a ground where historically we had hardly ever won in the Premiership. Thankfully, we have players whose heads do not drop when going behind and good to see Schneiderlin the scorer just before half time,especially after all the upheaval he has endured this past month, with some of the more reactionary fans claiming that he wouldn't be here by the end of the transfer window and that therefore he wouldn't be putting himself out on our behalf. How wrong can they and the media be? Just to rub it in, he scored again to prove his worth to us and to make out a good case for Didier Deschamps to select him in the forthcoming Internationals.

Just to crown a memorable match, Pelle scored his first Premiership goal to silence his own doubters, having also had a seemingly good goal disallowed by a dodgy offside decision. Two (arguably three) goals in a week for him and there are signs that he could quite possibly go on to outscore Lambert's tally last season.

A good time to gain our first win under Koeman and a good place to achieve it. Now we have some breathing space with the Internationals and a chance for the team to gel further, although in this match there didn't seem to be much evidence that they were far away from clicking. Bertrand has eased himself in well with another solid performance, Tadic has been very impressive since his arrival and was once more a thorn in the side of West Ham's defence throughout, Pelle begins to shine now that he is getting the service and Long had a very good game himself. When he was substituted, it was good to see Ramirez being given a chance to make a case for himself with Koeman, although I thought Long carried more threat today. Another good tactical substitution by Koeman saw Cork come on for Ward-Prowse and Cork did very well indeed, complementing Schneiderlin as of old and helping us gain a stranglehold in midfield to prevent West Ham coming back into it. In the post match interview, Koeman praised Cork and surely it is becoming well overdue that he is awarded a new contract.

There weren't really any poor performances from any of the team, who all played their parts with confidence. Forster hardly had a shot to save all match and might have done better with Noble's goal, although it is excusable because Noble's shot took a slight deflection off Yoshida. Clyne and Bertrand are arguably both playing as well as Shaw and Chambers might have. Because Schneiderlin is still here, the midfield is as strong as last, even with Wanyama on the bench and I don't miss Lallana yet with Tadic playing as he has. Davis was a real rock also, he and Cork being the reliable work-horses that make the midfield tick with their combative and determined never say die attitudes.

Although still early days, on this evidence we are not far off having a very good team, but if we do manage to get extra cover at CB, a winger and further striker options to cover injuries and suspensions, we could manage the 8th we achieved last season or even a higher position , depending on who we sign.

Reasons to be cheerful 1 - 2 - 3 (accordingly to Jose):

1. The Manager came with a philosophy of keep playing football

2. We still have a lot of good players from last year with the right motivation

3. The Club and Manager brought in the right players that want to work and want to be here. They want to be a part of the Southampton Way.

That'll do for me :)

Reasons to be cheerful 1 - 2 - 3 (accordingly to Jose):

1. The Manager came with a philosophy of keep playing football

2. We still have a lot of good players from last year with the right motivation

3. The Club and Manager brought in the right players that want to work and want to be here. They want to be a part of the Southampton Way.

That'll do for me :)

We just need to tell Levy to f**k right off at Xmas...

As old Nige used to say dont get too up when we win or too down when we lose but this has lifted us

so much after the mare of a summer.

Reading the Taider thread last night was painful reading post after post of petulant kids who had their dummy taken away.

If you listen to Koeman it seems it was a bloody good decision to get rid.

Well done Saints having a west Ham supporting boss will be a pleasure on Monday getting into work.

Life after Mopo day 1

what a wonderful day for the club and us fans! so much good news and positivity! hoping that we get more good news over the next few days with a new contract for cork, 1 or 2 new signings, a couple of lovren own goals and liverpool and spurs to both lose somehow

Fanastic reaction. A real man and real pro, unlike Lallana and Lovren.

Watch his career go from strength-to-strength whilst Lallana and Lovren slip into obscurity.

Deschamps sticking by him too...

He will realise somewhen that he dodged a bullet, I reckon.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?51344-Morgan-s-head-gone-Update-It-has-been-re-attached&p=2025569#post2025569

So he's a real man and a real pro today,,not a cry baby?? :lol:

Yep, he's surprised a lot of us with his resolution, I reckon.

Not going to work I am afraid, Turkey. You make yourself look childish and petty.

But do carry on if it makes you feel big and important...

:lol:

5 mins on the match thread and we were certainly getting relegated, Morgans heart wasn't in it, pelle and the team offered no goal threat and the world was going to end.

I enjoyed listening to it on the radio instead.

cracking result.

Yep, but to be fair, most people were right behind the team except the usuals

Edited by JoeShmoe

Jeff Stelling said that we last won away in the Prem,after conceding first,20 years ago! That was Vs Coventry.

On another note,Nathan Dyer ripped WBA to pieces today.Really highlights the fact that we are missing just that.A quality,fast winger to make the difference.

Coventry 1994, wasn't that the one with the alleged Grobbelaar save? I was at that one!

Fantastic performance and result.

To have ramirez, rodriguez and tadic all lining up behind the impressive Pelle... might just have a chance of a repeat performance this season!

All the ins have looked great so far. Long, you know what you're getting and Gardos will hopefully do well too.

Cause for unexpected optimism all of a sudden

Enjoyed that immensely.

Funniest part of the day was the teams wandering out for the 2nd half, I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles booming out over the tannoy. They cut the music to let that crowd take over and there was complete silence.

Their fans were dire, truly dire. Decent atmosphere in our end, although I can't stand the "who are ya?" chants straight after we score. It's all a bit tinpot. Celebrate the goal, sing the scorers name. Don't concern yourself with a small section of insignificant home fans.

2 away games for my 8yo now, 6 goals and 6 points. The lucky bastard.