• Schneiderlin
    • Davis
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Tadic
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Ramirez
    • Cork

It's very easy to say he isn't a french cry baby in hindsight, "Turkey".

Although it is quite difficult to say it with a mouthful of Toblerone.

Edited by CB Fry

Get the f uck in great win the gob****e hammers fan at work has been taking the **** all summer so Monday will be sweet.

Have to say I've really warmed to RK talks a lot of sense and really seems to know what he is about.

looks like he isn't afraid to change things either my first thought when I saw we had dropped Victor before the game was "WTF we are going to get shafted" instead we played some great football and blew WHU away

Lastly Tadic is ****ing immense what a player :adore:

Late to this thread, as I only just watched a recording of the match.

So very impressed with Pelle today; he seemed to be involved in virtually every move, whereas previously the game seemed to pass him by. That speaks to a lot of work in training, credit to RK for that.

Can't wait for Jrod to be fit as I think between him and Tadic we will scare a a lot of teams.

Playing almost a full team at Millwall in midweek seems to have played dividends. From the kick-off we played like a team that are coming together quickly, and that's both the players on the pitch, and the supporters in the stands.

The highlights for me are that Forster is a solid keeper that should do us for the next 5 years, in Bertrand and Clyne we have two top full backs. Even missing Wanyama we bossed the midfield, and Tadic, Pelle and Long are a handful up front. Gaston could still be a special player, when he is on song he has more ability than anyone else in the team. Oh that he comes good this season.

Morgan's first goal was replayed @ the match and looked a class strike as there was little to aim at. He will score lots of goals if we play with this formation all season.

Support was good and Pelle and Long's efforts this week seems to have won at least the support away from St.Mary's around. Lots of chants for Jack Cork and Morgan too.

If there were things that could have gone better then Tadic needs a bit more discipline, he could have argued himself into the book, and he should realise that actually JWP takes a far better free kick than he does - so shouldn't be so keen to grab the ball.

I wasn't certain I would enjoy this season like last but I'm feeling pretty optimistic tonight.

Edited by Gis

Great win at West Ham. Congratulations are due mainly to the players and the coaching team but a small amount of credit is also due to the fans who by their pressuring of the board by not laying down and accepting the dismantling of the squad, caused Kruguer and Reed to cancel the sale of Schneiderlin. Fans who criticise are not negative, they are just fans who want the best for the club and will not swallow every tale they are told instead of applauding every decision without question. The role of the Critical Friend is often key to improvement.

Professor posted this earliest and the mods blocked the thread. He is right.

Great post. Indeed a golden one, being 'negative' in order to support your manager and reinforce your team is what real fans are about.

Don't be satisfied with today's result ... RK needs a striker, centre back and winger before Tuesday. Help him.

KRUEGER AND REED: we know the money's there. Pull your fingers out and deliver. Don't make today a one off.

We're judging you on Monday. DELIVER.

Just got home, Morgan was a different class today and whatever happens this window i can't see him staying here that long. Morgan today was just better than everyone else on the pitch and i could easily imagine him playing champions league.

Also credit where's due to Pelle, great finish and worked hard all game, still not convinced he's the answer to our goals but definitely did well today.

Oh and on top of that how does Cork not have a contract yet, utterly superb when he came on and in many ways changed the game, utter respect for him and would rather have him in the side than big Vic (not saying he's **** mind)

Great win at West Ham. Congratulations are due mainly to the players and the coaching team but a small amount of credit is also due to the fans who by their pressuring of the board by not laying down and accepting the dismantling of the squad, caused Kruguer and Reed to cancel the sale of Schneiderlin. Fans who criticise are not negative, they are just fans who want the best for the club and will not swallow every tale they are told instead of applauding every decision without question. The role of the Critical Friend is often key to improvement.

Great post. Indeed a golden one, being 'negative' in order to support your manager and reinforce your team is what real fans are about.

Don't be satisfied with today's result ... RK needs a striker, centre back and winger before Tuesday. Help him.

KRUEGER AND REED: we know the money's there. Pull your fingers out and deliver. Don't make today a one off.

Well said robbie. Agree with all that.

Enjoyed that immensely.

Decent atmosphere in our end, although I can't stand the "who are ya?" chants straight after we score. It's all a bit tinpot. Celebrate the goal, sing the scorers name. Don't concern yourself with a small section of insignificant home fans.

2 away games for my 8yo now, 6 goals and 6 points. The lucky bastard.

Snap!

The only home game he's been to we won 4-3 [burnley last season]

Me and my older boy [13] haven't seen us lose in 6 years :)

That really was a fantastic day out for me and the boys.

Enjoyed watching Fonte's look of calm and determination when he retrieved the ball from our net and jogged back to the centre circle with it.

Gave us confidence that was repaid in spades :)

We are Southampton, we play on the floor.

Watched MOTD, wish I hadn't. All talk concentrated on Morgan and seemed to be intent on painting the picture that Morgan is not committed, Phil Neville said something about feeling sorry for him having to stay after 12 players left, what?? Nothing about the performance, no mention of Koeman, tactics, Pelle............utter crap. Don't think I'll bother again.

P.Neville, Lineker "I've got a goatee" and know-it-all Danny Murphy? No thanks.

And we lost 12 players. Top research Phil

Yep, everyone knows it was more than that. Lambert, Lovren, Lallana, Chambers, Shaw, Guly, Sharp, Forte, Barnard, Osvaldo, Taider, Robinson, Turnbull, Leggitt and Nehemie ;-)

Edited by Chez

Sweet Jesus. What frickin planet are you from mate???

Just looking on Kumb on their match thread and there is an advert for hospitality gift packages at St Marys haha!

I think most internet adverts are tailored to match your recent browsing history.

I once saw a similar post on another forum saying 'OMG they're advertising fetishist sex toys' without realising quite what he was revealing about his private life.

Only saw 2nd half and we looked great as **** as they were.

tge 1st goal was 100% pelle's, seen it over & over from the back stick. He got 2.

Disagree. I've looked closely and the ball doesn't change its flight.

A proven goalscorer runs around celebrating that with a 'mememememe my goal' runaround if they get the slightest nick. Pelle would have done that if he had got a touch.

I think most internet adverts are tailored to match your recent browsing history.

I once saw a similar post on another forum saying 'OMG they're advertising fetishist sex toys' without realising quite what he was revealing about his private life.

Correct - the cookies on your device are fed to the advertising widget and things that you have recently looked for will take precedence when it decides what to tempt you with.

And we lost 12 players. Top research Phil

And the comment about Morgan 'firing a warning shot' (they showed footage of him blasting over in the second half), 'before scoring' (cue footage of his first half goal).

Quality broadcasting.

Is it a Dutch thing not to shake the opposition managers hand first and foremost when the whistle goes? First van Gaal and now Koeman :)

I noticed that too, Fat Sam hovered around and shook hands with Sammy Lee, but gave up waiting as Ron completed handshakes with the entire Saints bench. One moment in that excellent second half display I haven't seen comments on was the free kick taken by Tadic from the right side outside of the box - he shaped to whip in a left foot curler but then darted a low through ball down the right channel which Pelle latched onto and hit the side netting. Completely fooled the Hammers set up.

Hmm Sammy Lee. I was once told by someone who knows their stuff that it was him and Ray Clemence who were in Hoddles ear and was therefore instrumental in Le Tissier not going to the 1998 World Cup after his hat trick against Russia B. Nice to see some passion in the game though, no matter what ridiculously misguided opinions he may have had in the past.

And the comment about Morgan 'firing a warning shot' (they showed footage of him blasting over in the second half), 'before scoring' (cue footage of his first half goal).

Quality broadcasting.

They also flashed up a window saying JWP had been subbed off, seconds before he set up MS's second goal.

Watched MOTD, wish I hadn't. All talk concentrated on Morgan and seemed to be intent on painting the picture that Morgan is not committed, Phil Neville said something about feeling sorry for him having to stay after 12 players left, what?? Nothing about the performance, no mention of Koeman, tactics, Pelle............utter crap. Don't think I'll bother again.

P.Neville, Lineker "I've got a goatee" and know-it-all Danny Murphy? No thanks.

You don't think you'll bother watching Match of the Day ever again?

just sent a online complaint to bbc about match of the day, quite like gary... but the other 2 are not there on merit! its like sky rejects club, who seem bias, uninteresting, and don't know various facts (important if your going to state them!)

Wish I could afford sky... aaaaahhhhhhhh

I wouldnt get too bothered because it will never change.

Monday Night Football is utterly superb but its all about the pundits. Meville has brought a new level of professionalism to that domain which none match.

When its Niall Quinn, Jamie Redknapp etc its not much better than BBC.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Summed up by Sammy.

z6_pVA.gif

If you didn't know any better you'd think Sammy Lee was Koeman's brother.

Not sure what he's like as a coach but as a motivator he looks like a good person to have around.

Well done Graziano, just needed a bit of time to adjust but a few games and a goal or two later and he's up and running. Can't help but be reminded of Luca Toni, if he turns out anything like Toni then we've got a very good centre forward on our hands.