Hopelessness

ladysaint

thats what I am feeling right now and can honestly say I have never felt like this before. What can I/we do to restore some pride back in to our great club. I feel that I cant just sit around and accept the inevitable but am at a loss at what can be done. I cant boycott the games, I love my football and cant even think about going to support another team. Other than to buy up all the shares is there absolutely nothing we can do.

thats what I am feeling right now and can honestly say I have never felt like this before. What can I/we do to restore some pride back in to our great club. I feel that I cant just sit around and accept the inevitable but am at a loss at what can be done. I cant boycott the games, I love my football and cant even think about going to support another team. Other than to buy up all the shares is there absolutely nothing we can do.

Unfortunatly we care to much to not walk away. I say it every year that "this will be my last season". But soon as the season starts that goes straight out the window! Right now we cant do anything. All we can do is hope the team start picking up results or it will get a lot worse. Part of me thinks admin is the right way to go simply because contrary to belief teams can go into admin and generally come out of it better. Hull are a prime example. Something like 3 promotions in 5 years after going into admin. Maybe the whole club being re-structured from top to bottom is the new start the new change this club so badly needs. The other way is we do well and eventually we could get bought out. But the way the shares are so fragmented i just cant see it. It is a very difficult situation where whatever the fans do sadly will have no change on anything. If we protest that could harm the team even more which ultimatly ****es us off even more. The only thing we can do is support the team. And pray that they make it to the end of the season above the bottom 3. If they finish below that we will be in admin for sure, things will change then. For the worst but maybe better in the long run who knows.

Cheer up, I have a brand new idea my nutty Doctor told me of..

You write yourself a letter in which you praise yourself to the hilt...I don't know you but you might have to make some of it up to make yourself look really good, then again you might be supa dupa clever anyway.

You then take your letter, pretending someone else wrote it to you, pretending being the operative word. Anyway back to the point, you take this to a large crowd like a football match and you wave it about and shout "Look how good I am, to everyone"

Apparently this will help cheer you up and really make you feel really important.

The Doctor has only given this info to one other patient who used it to-day, apparently. The Doctor has been informed by that patient that it had worked

and noone knew that he had written his own letter.

Anyway, I hope it works for you.. Must get back to the Doctor before the other patient steals all the good ideas.

Merry xmas

Cheer up, I have a brand new idea my nutty Doctor told me of..

You write yourself a letter in which you praise yourself to the hilt...I don't know you but you might have to make some of it up to make yourself look really good, then again you might be supa dupa clever anyway.

You then take your letter, pretending someone else wrote it to you, pretending being the operative word. Anyway back to the point, you take this to a large crowd like a football match and you wave it about and shout "Look how good I am, to everyone"

Apparently this will help cheer you up and really make you feel really important.

The Doctor has only given this info to one other patient who used it to-day, apparently. The Doctor has been informed by that patient that it had worked

and noone knew that he had written his own letter.

Anyway, I hope it works for you.. Must get back to the Doctor before the other patient steals all the good ideas.

Merry xmas

And remember to do those buckles up nice and tight, at the end of your sleeves. :yawinkle:

From listening and talking to Mary Corbett today (and what a lovely lady she is btw) the only hope we have is that the penny drops, Wilde realises that Lowe is using him, and he dumps Lowe back into no mans land.

But as he seems to have the morals of an alley cat and lacks courage and integrity that seems at present to be one hell of a longshot.

It would be a good time for Mary and Lawrie etc to go public on some of the things Lowe and his cronies have been up to of late, but that is their decesion to make.

Rather interestingly Mary did say that Lawrie had written a wonderful article for the Echo to go in last night, before the AGM, but it was "pulled" by the editor at the last minute !!!

Jan if it's consilation when I win the Euro Millions I will buy the club, boot Lowe and his cronies out for good, clear the debt, appoint Martin Jol as manager and invest millions into getting us back to where we belong...

Chin up ;-)

surely there must be something we can do to get Lowe out. For instance could a case be put forward to pick a game and for the real fans simply agree to not turn up. Perhaps with an open letter to our bankers so they may start to feel they should not be dealing with Lowe. Or conversely pick a match and all turn up and sell out St Marys and let our bankers know that if Lowe was gone this could be a regular occurrence. [naive i know but you get my drift]

The thing i think we all feel the most at the moment is a sense of uselessness. If we could be coherent and focussed as a group i am sure we could rid of Lowe. Is there any one willing to galvanise what im sure the majority of us want?

You know what your trouble is Jan?..........You're hanging out with the wrong people. You deserve better and it's long overdue that you find new friends, other supporters to hang out with. It's not right that you of all people are coming on here in such a distress, especially when so many of your Birdseye fans look up to you for encouragement and inspiration.

Merry Christmas Jan! May it be a good one and may 2009 bring you back to your old self.

An empty stadium would do it, but I fully understand that is not an option for the real fan. As a fan living abroad I do not have even the option of staying away.

But would the fans be open to the idea of going to the game, but staying outside until 15 minutes into the game? Would that make a sufficient statement?

I felt this post on the daily echo site summed it up nicely

subsea saint, southampton says...

1:26pm Tue 23 Dec 08

I have just returned from the AGM, many thanks to Mary Corbett, Leon Crouch, Lawrie McMenemy, Duncan Holley, Perry McMillan and the other shareholders who addressed the meeting for their views and questions as they seemed to reflect the majority opinion. Apart from the self promoting 'anonymous' letter read out by Lowe and the first person to address the meeting, all those who spoke were deeply critical of Lowe and his two cronies, Cowan and Jones. It was strangely convenient that Michael Wilde could not be there ??

If Lowe was ever in any doubt as to the feelings of the company's shareholders towards him, he certainly isn't now having been asked to resign a number of times.

Lowe sat there with the same arrogant veneer and pompous grin he always reserves for dealing with those people who he deems to be less than himself.

The one thing that I have taken away from this meeting which saddens me even further than our current plight already does, is that Lowe is deluded enough to believe that he is at the club in the role of a saviour and does not seem to realise that he is to blame to a greater degree for the mismanagement that has lead to our current situation.

Being a Saints fan currently is like watching a close life-long friend die a slow, drawn out and painful death. Whilst Lowe remains at this club the current downward spiral is going to continue.

surely there must be something we can do to get Lowe out. For instance could a case be put forward to pick a game and for the real fans simply agree to not turn up. Perhaps with an open letter to our bankers so they may start to feel they should not be dealing with Lowe. Or conversely pick a match and all turn up and sell out St Marys and let our bankers know that if Lowe was gone this could be a regular occurrence. [naive i know but you get my drift]

The thing i think we all feel the most at the moment is a sense of uselessness. If we could be coherent and focussed as a group i am sure we could rid of Lowe. Is there any one willing to galvanise what im sure the majority of us want?

I was discussing this sort of action with several at the AGM. These were people who had vowed never to come to a home match whilst Lowe remained as chairman.

An idea similar to yours here. How would it be that a match was selected, all of the stayaways paid just £24 or whatever to buy a ticket. Consider it an investment in the downfall of Lowe. They all attend making a huge gate, much larger than usual. Come the kick off whistle, they all turn around and file out of the stadium, alongside ST holders. It would be made plain that unless Lowe resigns, the exercise would be repeated with just a stay away, no tickets bought. Provided that the strategy was well supported, either Lowe would be forced to go, or his co directors or Wilde would tell him his time was up, or the bank would pull the plug on him.

The point would be proven that such a number of fans would be prepared to return on Lowe's departure.

Perhaps we should have a separate thread and place all the suggestions together, see what support any of them gain.

This year, let's all buy Lowe really rubbish Christmas presents. That'll let him know how we feel.

Seriously though, every time the bloke gets a mention this place goes to the dogs and it's doing my head in. Perhaps his missus will undercook the turkey or something.

Right! This calls for immediate discussion!

New motion?

Completely new motion, eh, that, ah-- that there be, ah, immediate action--

Ah, once the vote has been taken.

Well, obviously once the vote's been taken. You can't act another resolution till you've voted on it...

Reg, for God's sake, it's perfectly simple. All you've got to do is to go out of that door now, and try to stop the Romans' nailing him up! It's happening, Reg! Something's actually happening, Reg! Can't you understand?! Ohhh!

So, ladysaint, it's not much, but hope springs eternal if you wait long enough. My nipper said to me, as we were walking back last Saturday, "Even if we get relegated to League 1, we'll still go next year, won't we? Please?" He's not going to give up on the club, and he's only 8.

Reasons to be cheerful.................

1. It really wouldn't take much money for someone with brains and passion to buy the club.

2.We do have great fans who will pour throught the turnstiles when the team shows a glimmer of skill and pride.

3. A great stadium for the future.

4. there is ALWAYS a way back. Wolves, Citeh, Villa and others have all had times as bad or worse.

5 Hull city.

6. You and I will still be walking through the gates with hope in our hearts at 2.45 on a Saturday long after lowe wilde etc have gone.

Unbelievably, even after Saturday, and a rather bad week myself, I am starting to look forward to Reading. No doubt we will get stuffed, but we will be back as long as there is a team in Red and White stripes to support.

happy Xmas to all True Saints.

UTS.

I was discussing this sort of action with several at the AGM. These were people who had vowed never to come to a home match whilst Lowe remained as chairman.

An idea similar to yours here. How would it be that a match was selected, all of the stayaways paid just £24 or whatever to buy a ticket. Consider it an investment in the downfall of Lowe. They all attend making a huge gate, much larger than usual. Come the kick off whistle, they all turn around and file out of the stadium, alongside ST holders. It would be made plain that unless Lowe resigns, the exercise would be repeated with just a stay away, no tickets bought. Provided that the strategy was well supported, either Lowe would be forced to go, or his co directors or Wilde would tell him his time was up, or the bank would pull the plug on him.

The point would be proven that such a number of fans would be prepared to return on Lowe's departure.

Perhaps we should have a separate thread and place all the suggestions together, see what support any of them gain.

Good idea, im sure there is a willingness to take some acton. Its who would lead it etc. We can get Lowe out, and i take NickGs point ie who would replace him but to be honest i dont care, i just want the parasite Lowe gone, what ever the consequences.........

Anyone got one of those little radio controlled helicopter thingies. Tie a small banner on the end and fly it up and down in front of the royal box, sorry Directors Box, and irritate the feck out of Lowe and Wilde during a game.

I think the only way to be rid of Lowe is via Wilde, I think if Wilde loses his bottle then he will crack again and withdraw his support.

We can do what I suggested back in the summer.

We can remove Lowe NOW. We can get rid of the plc a la Sheffield Utd. We can club together, fans, legends, Southampton City Council and SELL THIS CLUB using everything we can think of to do it.

We just need a leader after Lowe resigns... Mike Wilde time to stand up, apologise, remove the plc and bring a committee together to sell this Club.