League Cup 4th Round Draw - Stoke (Away)

ozzmeister

Long trek, tough game, a trek up to Hull on the Saturday, yes there are worse draws out there, but this isn't great.

Nowhere in England is a long trek, especially not Southampton to Stoke-on-Trent. It's a country the size of a postage stamp.

Fine draw, not the best but nothing to be negative about either. We can definitely beat them, and away trips are always fun (especially when in such a small country where every away game is easily reachable)

Nowhere in England is a long trek, especially not Southampton to Stoke-on-Trent. It's a country the size of a postage stamp.

Fine draw, not the best but nothing to be negative about either. We can definitely beat them, and away trips are always fun (especially when in such a small country where every away game is easily reachable)

It is a long trek, still could be close to 4 hours each way stuck on a coach, with an even longer journey a few days later, that's not easy to manage.

Anywhere's a long trek if Birmingham is stuck in the middle.

I can only assume you must be very unfamiliar with the chances of getting a train after 10pm between many of our major cities

Go and buy a goodfellas pizza - On the back they have two for one entry into Alton towers and 50% off the hotel...I am sure groupon or hot UK deals have other offers as well.

Kind Regards

Martin Lewis :) :)

Looked at this and unfortunately the 50% off the hotel isn't valid during school holidays.

It's a long trip from Shropshire to Saint Mary's but we do it every other week.Stoke for us is a 'home game' Just think yourself lucky you live within the hour of Southampton.

PS. We'll be making the 400 miles round trip tomorrow as usual.

COYS.

Likewise: I also make the round trip from Shropshire for each home game. I was hoping for The Shrews in the draw but Stoke is close enough.

It's a long trip from Shropshire to Saint Mary's but we do it every other week.Stoke for us is a 'home game' Just think yourself lucky you live within the hour of Southampton.

PS. We'll be making the 400 miles round trip tomorrow as usual.

COYS.

I feel bad now. I looked at the 7 hour minimum roundtrip and wimped out. :blush:

I live in the NW but looking at the allocation I doubt that this game will go to a general sale. If there is a ST holder who can't make this but wants to get their away day attendances up then let me know and I will buy the tick to off them. Looking for an adult and child. Thanks.

I live in the NW but looking at the allocation I doubt that this game will go to a general sale. If there is a ST holder who can't make this but wants to get their away day attendances up then let me know and I will buy the tick to off them. Looking for an adult and child. Thanks.

If you live in the North then join Northern Saints and get tickets through them.

It will 100% make general sale.

This will almost certainly make General Sale, I'd be amazed if this got close to selling out. It's a good price at £15 and a fiver for kids who'll be off school but even if it did they've given that entire end to away fans so we could take a further allocation. That stand holds 4,994 and we wouldn't take that all the way up to Stoke for a midweek league cup match!

So the last train back to MK is 10pm, would I make that if the game is 90 mins? Last time I went to Stoke I walked to the ground and it took bloody ages!

Similar issue for me. There is a shuttle bus back to the station, or a cab. Choices are:

1. Accept that you need to leave at the end of normal time, even if it goes to ET

2. Get a train to manchester and get a (more expensive) train back from there as they run later

3. Stay in a cheap B&B and head back next AM

I am going for 2 or 3 i think

Edited by Bucks Saint

Similar issue for me. There is a shuttle bus back to the station, or a cab. Choices are:

1. Accept that you need to leave at the end of normal time, even if it goes to ET

2. Get a train to manchester and get a (more expensive) train back from there as they run later

3. Stay in a cheap B&B and head back next AM

I am going for 2 or 3 i think

I think you might want to check your trains from Manchester again.

hs5qm9.jpg

Stoke have made this stand entirely for away supporters - not because they're anticipating every Saints fan that travelled to the Emirates to turn up but because they wont even fill the other three. We were given 2,800 tickets - if we take a thousand that would be a decent turnout for this but will look lost in that end!

I'd think we'll take around 1,500.

hs5qm9.jpg

Stoke have made this stand entirely for away supporters - not because they're anticipating every Saints fan that travelled to the Emirates to turn up but because they wont even fill the other three. We were given 2,800 tickets - if we take a thousand that would be a decent turnout for this but will look lost in that end!

I hope so, I agree that 1,000 will look lost but I also think it would be slightly poor. 1,500 minimum please - I have gone to some trouble to arrange work meetings in Manchester and Stoke just for this ;)

hs5qm9.jpg

Seating for the game is reserved - I'd assume for every block that sells out they'll open the next one and so on etc. Saves having to open turnstiles/concourse/stewards. Will make for a better atmosphere too.