Saints v Man United Match Thread

St Chalet

A chain of events which leads back to Koemans decision to replace Schneiderlin with Yoshida against Man City. Moving Alderwierld out of the back was a mistake,and since then the defence which had been rock solid has been anything but. Some would argue that it was moving Toby into midfield and the extra running and fitness that it carries, which caused him to suffer muscle fatigue at the end of the Arsenal match. Rule 1, should always be don't mess with the back four. And seeming we have lost every game, could Harrison Reed have really have done much worse?

........ meanwhile back on planet earth

ffs mane keep calm

Jesus... mané

Great cross Mane....

F**king hell Mane

We have turned in West Ham with all the long balls......and West Ham have turned into Southampton

Also see Mane is as useless as ever

Should have kept Guly and the 10M we spent on Mane. He is terrible...

Mane really this bad ?

****ing pass it Mane.

SHOOT MANE. ffs did so well

Mané you total cock

mane is such a headless chicken has no idea when to shoot and just runs it into trouble every time!

Mane makes me scream at the TV

Mane should have passed.

Mane is one of those players who is going to cause the cardiac arrest rate in Southampton to increase sharply.

"Mane takes over"... NOOOOOOOOOOO!

mane gets in to great positions and does all the hard work why is he so poor near the goal????

I would suggest taking Mane off.....but then I realised it would mean Mayuka comes on ��

Bit of a theme developing here.

But Pangy, don't you realise Mane is the £12m Mayuka ?

Sorry, I think he is spot on.

That him playing midfield caused him to break down ? Dont make me laugh. Despite that Koeman had little choice, he onviously didnt trust Reed against a top qualoty CM such as Citys and tbh his gamble paid off, Toby looked good in midfield and gave us the steel we needed, after all, you win and lose games in that part of the pitch. It is our strength, our stand out quality.

Whatever he did he would have weakened one part of the team, and imo he made the right decision to attempt to keep the midfield strong as opposed to defence, after all Yoshi is nowhere near as bad as people make out

Mane looks like a confidence player, when we were in full flow he looked decent and gave defenders a tough time,when things are not in our favour he looks nervous, he has seen enough of the ball though and has the ability to do something

Mane looks like a confidence player, when we were in full flow he looked decent and gave defenders a tough time,when things are not in our favour he looks nervous, he has seen enough of the ball though and has the ability to do something

He needs a couple of goals or a few assists and he will grow as a player. Nice winner tonight would be good!