Saints v Man United Match Thread

St Chalet

Mane looks like a confidence player, when we were in full flow he looked decent and gave defenders a tough time,when things are not in our favour he looks nervous, he has seen enough of the ball though and has the ability to do something

He's so slippery. If he can stay on his feet he can create opportunities all day long.

Decent half from us and we would be deservedly leading if not for a brain fart from Fonte giving Van Persie an early xmas present.

I would so love for us to beat them. They are badly disorganised at the back and there for the taking.

this.

we should win this based on that first half- no doubt united will score a screamer of some sort :/

Come on Saints, the Mancs are there for the taking. Get in their faces and their soft midfield\defence will crack.

Mane is a livewire and has played some nice balls but for me he needs to get more direct, play more crosses so Graziano gets some ammo.

Good game, 3 points are up for grabs but the Mancs do have a razor sharp attack, Shrek has been ominously quiet so far.

Mane is this season's Papa Waigo/Anthonio. Bags of pace, bags of skill but doesn't know when to pass and when to shoot. Why the **** did he not shoot after taking on about 3 United defenders through the middle? Still, he's only about 21 isn't he? Maybe that will come with experience. We look like we need 4-5 chances to score, United, with players like Mata, RVP, Rooney will only need one.

Pelle was terrible till he got the goal then all of a sudden he looks like the best player on the pitch. Shows you what a confidence player he is.

Carroll looks to have steadied the ship at the back for them. They surely cannot play that badly second half? Never in my lifetime have I seen a more ragged Utd side against us (and I include the 6-3 in that as well).

I would keep Mane on. He's so unpredictable it might just work. Shane Long is being an utter pest. If we can continue to keep it away from RVP and Shrek this is 3 points nailed on.

Carroll looks to have steadied the ship at the back for them. They surely cannot play that badly second half? Never in my lifetime have I seen a more ragged Utd side against us (and I include the 6-3 in that as well).

I would keep Mane on. He's so unpredictable it might just work. Shane Long is being an utter pest. If we can continue to keep it away from RVP and Shrek this is 3 points nailed on.

poor finishing, apart from that, not too bad. workrate as usual been good.

Him and Wanyama our best two players for me.

agreed, looking at united's defence you might wanna laugh.Already two subs, they stand little chance methinks

the only way mu can win is by fluke. But they are used to this, so saints need to score more than one goal in the second half

Not quite. They have plenty in attack to do us. They look shambolic at the back but could still outscore us.

Man United are there for the taking, their defence is awful, but they won't be as bad this half.

Certainly can't complain about big teams raising there game against us tonight, they have been awful. Almost as bad as Sunderland were first half but we squandered our chances.

The difference between us I fear is that they will turn on the style second half and take a couple of chances.

Certainly can't complain about big teams raising there game against us tonight, they have been awful. Almost as bad as Sunderland were first half but we squandered our chances.

The difference between us I fear is that they will turn on the style second half and take a couple of chances.

That's the problem,many mistake will be punished or half chance taken, their defence might be terrible but they're good going forward.

Just read back over the thread. I get called negative, but some of the posts before we scored are embarassing. Weve played well from kick off with the exception of Fonte's shocker. Have to give the players credit as I thought their heads might drop. Absolutely huge 45 mins coming up

Just read back over the thread. I get called negative, but some of the posts before we scored are embarassing. Weve played well from kick off with the exception of Fonte's shocker. Have to give the players credit as I thought their heads might drop. Absolutely huge 45 mins coming up

I agree, felt we've had a bit of an inferiority complex against Man City and arsenal, if we can get a win tonight it might just give us a lift that we can beat these sides.

Him and Wanyama our best two players for me.

guess it's a game of opinions as I think Long has been pants so far. Some shocking shooting and ran into Tadic when there was a through ball. Football is more then running around. If Jay Rod or any of the other strikers had his chances they would put at least one away. I appreciate his work rate but he needs to add more to his game than just running around.

Yeah, but you've got to wonder what it'll do for his confidence, being taken off after 30 mins

I think we once sent Lloyd James on as a sub, then took him off 20 minutes later. I believe we may have done the same with Yoann Folly once too.

Understandable as both were terrible players.