Jordan Rhodes

sadoldgit

Fair cop MLG. I'll mention you in my prayers tonight.

You were right, He is English was born in Oldham, but think his dad is a jock. And yes it is the going rate, young, goal ratio better than one ever two game and contracted until 2019, so £12m seems about right whatever people bleat about him not being worth it.

Actually just checked his dad isn't a jock either but an ex goalkeeper who played in Scotland and Jordan went to school there so eligible to play for them.

Edited by Turkish

It's arguable that, overall, the Championship is a higher standard than, say, the Dutch league.

If he was called Giodan Van Rodes it would be fever pitch on here.

But he has been around a bit and no PL interest materialised which makes you wonder what scouts may have had concerns about. I haven't seen enough of him myself.

But he has been around a bit and no PL interest materialised which makes you wonder what scouts may have had concerns about. I haven't seen enough of him myself.

Me neither, and he could well be a Steve Bull/Billy Sharp style lower division goal machine unsuited to the top flight.

But he represents the kind of player were going to be looking at is all. Youngish, not finished articles.

I think the lack of current Prem interest could be as much to do with his big contract and previous fee - he probably hasn't exceeded his worth/value yet, making him an expensive gamble.

I can see a struggling premier league team taking a gamble on him in the hope he scores enough to keep them up. hull perhaps.

If we were spending £12m on a forward id rather go abroad and get someone. Much better value for money.

It saddens me that so many people are so ready to give up on buying British. We're steadily becoming just another Foreign Mercenary team.

It saddens me that so many people are so ready to give up on buying British. We're steadily becoming just another Foreign Mercenary team.

hey Clarky, how are you? I see you're still a prolific poster on here, wasn't that long ago you were saying you were looking forward to your membership expiring. What's changed, have you flipped like a burger??

hey Clarky, how are you? I see you're still a prolific poster on here, wasn't that long ago you were saying you were looking forward to your membership expiring. What's changed, have you flipped like a burger??

My membership continued after september with no payment having been taken :lol: thankfully i'm on here a lot less than i was.

JRod was far from the finished article when he arrived here but her certainly improved.

He really did struggle with the step up at the start, and was unsurprisingly written off by the usual culprits on here. Jay is a confidence player, when he's in a team full of confidence and he's playing well also - then he's quality. I just hope we're not going to see a totally different player next month.

I think he is an ideal signing.

Young enough to still be moulded, won't be insistent on starting every week, natural goalscorer.

Personally I am always bemused at the overrating of Ings. We have better in Rodriguez/Long.

Why can't we mould Ings? He's younger. He wouldn't be insistent on starting every week. He's a natural goal scorer.

Not sure how you judge Ings to be over rated and Rhodes the ideal signing?

Personally, I'll trust what ever our recruitment team decide to do but think they are both similar. I don't think either are exceptional talents though and we could probably create one for ourselves with a bit of patience. That's what our academy is striving for is it not? With Rodriguez coming back and Seager and Gallagher coming through is Rhodes really exceptional enough to not miss out on?

I also wouldn't take the Rhodes links too seriously, he's been touted around in every window for a few years now and nobody has gone for it. He can't get in the Scotland squad and I've seen Strachan explain because he doesn't offer a lot outside of the box.

Why can't we mould Ings? He's younger. He wouldn't be insistent on starting every week. He's a natural goal scorer.

Not sure how you judge Ings to be over rated and Rhodes the ideal signing?

Personally, I'll trust what ever our recruitment team decide to do but think they are both similar. I don't think either are exceptional talents though and we could probably create one for ourselves with a bit of patience. That's what our academy is striving for is it not? With Rodriguez coming back and Seager and Gallagher coming through is Rhodes really exceptional enough to not miss out on?

I also wouldn't take the Rhodes links too seriously, he's been touted around in every window for a few years now and nobody has gone for it. He can't get in the Scotland squad and I've seen Strachan explain because he doesn't offer a lot outside of the box.

Don't know about that, we produce great defenders and midfielders but we can't seem to produce a good keeper or striker recently. Theo is probably the best forward we have produced in the last few years.

Ings looks a much more dynamic player to me and seems to have more to his game. Personally I've never been convinced when I have seen Rhodes.

Ings is proving he can hack it in the PL and is almost out of contract so could be got for a lower fee (or even free in the summer?) Rhodes has never played above the Championship (doesn't mean he can't hack it in the PL just that no one really knows) and cost 12 million. I wonder if those that said weren't happy with Ings being linked with us think Rhodes would be a better option?

I think he is an ideal signing.

Young enough to still be moulded, won't be insistent on starting every week, natural goalscorer.

Personally I am always bemused at the overrating of Ings. We have better in Rodriguez/Long.

I think it's more the cost that is making people think 'no'. Ings is a decent player who is now begining to show he can play at this level, £12million is a hell of a lot of money for a player unproven at this level. I'll trust the board's/manager's judgment in which (if either) they decide to sign.