Weekend 16/17 May - Other Games

Batman

That's our best-ever Premier League finishing position sorted, and means we've now improved on our league position for each of our six consecutive seasons under Liebherr ownership.

A few more seasons, and we will be trying to finish above ourselves! ;)

No, because Arsenal could catch City, they have THREE matches left (and 11 goals over 3 results isn't that big anyway).

My bad, misread the table. However City are guaranteed top 3 and no play off, which is their main concern.

Hull fans will be praying for an Arsenal win, so Utd have nothing to play for next weekend. Newcastle fans vice-versa.

Not a single English player in the starting 11 for Arsenal. Chambers doesn't even make the bench :lol:

Man U win please :)

Be tough for united. Defence is still pretty crap with no Rooney either

if arsenal actually get the ball forward more quickly instead of going side to side, they could win this

Not a single English player in the starting 11 for Arsenal. Chambers doesn't even make the bench :lol:

Man U win please :)

I don't think I've seen Chambers anywhere near Arsenal's first team since New Year's Day, when he was played in central midfield for some reason and Big Vic tore him a new one.

Hold on, I'm confused now about Europe and all that. Do we have an interest in Manure V Arsenal at all?

If Utd win, City are guaranteed 2nd place, unless Arsenal stick about 6 past Sunderland in midweek. In theory City would have nothing to play for next weekend.

If Utd win, City are guaranteed 2nd place, unless Arsenal stick about 6 past Sunderland in midweek. In theory City would have nothing to play for next weekend.

Thanks. I'm up for Manure then........Nothing that an acid shower tonight can't fix. :)

Thanks. I'm up for Manure then........Nothing that an acid shower tonight can't fix. :)

I've already spend 90 minutes supporting City, so I'm hoping that will neutralise the effect. It may also produce large quantities of water and hydrogen, I can't remember my GCSE chemistry.

My bad, misread the table. However City are guaranteed top 3 and no play off, which is their main concern.

Hull fans will be praying for an Arsenal win, so Utd have nothing to play for next weekend. Newcastle fans vice-versa.

As it stands at the moment Arsenal would need to overturn a 12 goal deficit on City by beating Sunderland and West Brom, with City having to lose to us as well. And Arsenal have a Cup Final the week after, and no qualification incentive for Europe as they'll go into the group stages of Champions League whether 2nd or 3rd.

Hold on, I'm confused now about Europe and all that. Do we have an interest in Manure V Arsenal at all?

Only to the extent that if Man U win, Arsenal are 6 points behind City with 2 games to play and a 12 goal deficit in Goal Difference, and United can't catch City anyway, so City would be safe in 2nd when they play us.

As it stands at the moment Arsenal would need to overturn a 12 goal deficit on City by beating Sunderland and West Brom, with City having to lose to us as well. And Arsenal have a Cup Final the week after, and no qualification incentive for Europe as they'll go into the group stages of Champions League whether 2nd or 3rd.

But theoretically ManU can push Arsenal to 4th, which they won't want s it means having to qualify

Sorry igsey, I was just being silly. I have it live on HD TV and a better computer stream than most of you. ;)

I seriously appreciate the link tho! :)

Ah, fair play, I am but a poor student so I was piggy-backing off some bloke from reddit. As usual!

But theoretically ManU can push Arsenal to 4th, which they won't want s it means having to qualify

The whole point being that had United beaten Arsenal they'd be 6 points behind City and goal difference would be unlikely to be a factor. Now they could be within 2 points of City when we play them - although the GD point still stands, because City would only need a draw.

Of course that draw would mean we couldn't catch Liverpool, and would need Spurs to lose to come 6th.

Great goal from Berahino.

Somewhere, Brendan Rodgers is thinking how he could f*ck his career up by signing him.

Berahino to Liverpool is definitely the most predictable signing of the upcoming summer.

Great goal from Berahino.

Somewhere, Brendan Rodgers is thinking how he could f*ck his career up by signing him.

I like Berahino, reminds me a bit of Defoe in his early days. Could be a decent signing for us even.

Quite how Terry hasn't followed him down the tunnel for giving that penalty away, I've no idea.

This is why refereeing has become a joke.

Same referee as we had against Sunderland, same situation, same scoreline, same tackle from the side.

JWP gets a straight red and Terry doesn't even get a yellow.

Jones is too stupid to even remember what he did two weeks ago.

While I'm still seething I'm going out on a limb with an early prediction. The rotund, out of shape, always behind the play Jon Moss will go down with cramp during the Cup Final.

D i ck Advocaat crying at keeping Sunderland up just now. That's enough to get him the job full time. Allowing him to deliver yet another drab season next year, and they'll be in the bottom five come February, where he'll be sacked and replaced by X X X who will then keep them up, that being enough to get him the job full time. And that person delivers yet another drab season the following year and they'll be in the bottom five come February, where he'll be sacked and replaced by Y Y Y who will then keep them up, that being enough to get him the job full time. And that person delivers yet another drab season the following year and they'll be in the bottom five come February, where he'll be sacked and replaced by Z Z Z who will then keep them up, that being enough to get him the job full time. And that person delivers yet another drab season the following year and

D i ck Advocaat crying at keeping Sunderland up just now. That's enough to get him the job full time. Allowing him to deliver yet another drab season next year, and they'll be in the bottom five come February, where he'll be sacked and replaced by X X X who will then keep them up, that being enough to get him the job full time. And that person delivers yet another drab season the following year and they'll be in the bottom five come February, where he'll be sacked and replaced by Y Y Y who will then keep them up, that being enough to get him the job full time. And that person delivers yet another drab season the following year and they'll be in the bottom five come February, where he'll be sacked and replaced by Z Z Z who will then keep them up, that being enough to get him the job full time. And that person delivers yet another drab season the following year and

Pretty much how it works up there! At least one more crap team in the league next year.

We should all be crying as well .. we have to go there again next season. After our last few visits to the SoL it should be something we are all dreading. Sick of that ground, really am.