All things Labour Party

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Err, the word you're arguing against does work, it's just that you're suggesting something that doesn't. 

Err, I've suggested the 'words' don't work from the beginning. Note the 's' on the end of word...

It was FTF that claimed a different 'word' should be used so go argue your semantics with him..

I then gave alternatives when you asked for them. All of those alternatives would work if you changed the 'strange choice of words' as I previously pointed out...

1 hour ago, egg said:

I'll repeat FTF's questions. What's a better word given that his supporters claim his treatment is politically motivated? 

It is politically motivated. It’s not because of his abhorrent views and anti semitism, if it was why did Sir Kier spend years working for him and trying to get him elected pm. His views haven’t changed one iota since Sir Kier accepted the offer to work for him. 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Err, I've suggested the 'words' don't work from the beginning. Note the 's' on the end of word...

It was FTF that claimed a different 'word' should be used so go argue your semantics with him..

I then gave alternatives when you asked for them. All of those alternatives would work if you changed the 'strange choice of words' as I previously pointed out...

I didn't claim anything, I asked you a question, but as ever you struggle to keep up.

You are trying to claim that they are either exaggerating or using a loaded word, either argument is pathetic.

• Like 1

No. I'm claiming he's being excluded from the Labour party for being anti Semitic.

He's not being 'persecuted' as his supporters claim and is suffering the same way that every other employee would suffer if they held the same abhorrent views.

To claim he is being 'persecuted' and liken what he is rightly going through is another abhorrent statement from his supporters and belittles the actual 'persuction' that the Jews suffered. 

I'm sure as an ardent supporter of the vile creature, that has passed you by though.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

No. I'm claiming he's being excluded from the Labour party for being anti Semitic.

He's not being 'persecuted' as his supporters claim and is suffering the same way that every other employee would suffer if they held the same abhorrent views.

He’s being excluding because it makes   Sir Kier look good. 

His views are exactly the same as they were when Sir Kier was trying to make him pm & serving in his administration. He’s either being persecuted for political reasons or Starmer was ok with an anti Semitic racist leading the party. It’s obvious which one it is. 

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

His views are exactly the same as they were when Sir Kier was trying to make him pm & serving in his administration. He’s either being persecuted for political reasons or Starmer was ok with an anti Semitic racist leading the party. It’s obvious which one it is. 

He wasn't suspended for being anti-semitic, it was for claiming people overstated the problem for political gain.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 2
34 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

People's allegiances are to the party not to the leader. If you believed in Brexit you'd take the Brexit minister's job - even in Theresa May's government - exactly because you disagreed with her and wanted to advocate for your vision. 

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

His 'behaviour' and his inability to control the party have only come to light since he was replaced as the leader.

I argue he was suspended - and subsequently not handed back the 'whip' on this basis.

That does not constitute 'persecution' (even though politics are in play), but it's more akin to the punishment a traditional employee would receive in an equivalent position - basically being sacked...

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Behave. You don’t really believe this do you? 

More than the claim that Corbyn is being 'persecuted'...

The Christians were persecuted by the Romans.

Jews were persecuted by the Nazis.

Corbyn is being punished for being a cock. Starmer is making an example of him for sure, but that's not persecution!

6 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

To claim he is being 'persecuted' and liken what he is rightly going through is another abhorrent statement from his supporters and belittles the actual 'persuction' that the Jews suffered. 

I'm sure as an ardent supporter of the vile creature, that has passed you by though.

Perhaps you and Duckie could list some of JC's abhorrent views? 

5 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/article/fifty-times-jeremy-corbyn-stood-with-jewish-people/

7 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I was wrong you didn't think it was used for exaggeration or as a loaded word but it was being used as exaggeration and as a loaded word. 

Your set ups are so obvious. 

He was suspended for what he said regarding the report, not for being an anti semite. His supporters will claim that he is against some of the policies of Israel not against Jews. Whilst there appears to be a horrible strain of lefties who are antisemitic, I don't think Corbyn is, but I don't really know. He was, though, shit at clamping down on it in the party.

So if one thinks he is not an anti semite and that there are no charges in this respect to face and as the whip is still being withheld from him then it's consistent to think he is being persecuted. Afterall you still can't cone up with a better word.

Of course the consequences of this political persecution is not on the scale of the persecution of jewish people, surely that's a given.for anyone hearing the statement. Or are you saying this word can never be used in any other context ever again because it might upset jewish people. So then faux outrage and cancel culture is alive and well on the right of the spectrum.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, aintforever said:

He wasn't suspended for being anti-semitic, it was for claiming people overstated the problem for political gain.

100% this. Corbyn clearly is not an anti-Semite. His handling of anti- Semitic behaviour in the Labour Party is in question though. No one seems bothered about the lack of any report forthcoming as promised about Isamophobia in the Tory party though. Why no uproar by the right supporters here, in the interest of balance? Muslims are fair game, Jews are not? And god forbid anyone should say anything in support of the Palestinians for fear that they will be accused of anti-semitism.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

100% this. Corbyn clearly is not an anti-Semite. 

What a load of old pony.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it’s a duck. 

A bloke attends a wreath laying ceremony at the graveside of a notorious jew killer, bloke likes an anti Semitic mural, bloke writes in praise of a Jew hating book, bloke allows anti Semitic behaviour in his party. The  party the  bloke leads is investigated & found guilty by independent human rights body. Actions define if you’re anti Semitic. Just because someone deems himself not to be ,just because his supporters deem it,  doesn’t make it so. “Clearly” his behaviour is that of an anti Semite. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Haha 1
44 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of old pony.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it’s a duck. 

A bloke attends a wreath laying ceremony at the graveside of a notorious jew killer, bloke likes an anti Semitic mural, bloke writes in praise of a Jew hating book, bloke allows anti Semitic behaviour in his party. The  party the  bloke leads is investigated & found guilty by independent human rights body. Actions define if you’re anti Semitic. Just because someone deems himself not to be ,just because his supporters deem it,  doesn’t make it so. “Clearly” his behaviour is that of an anti Semite. 

The whole thing has gone over your head. Corbyn is anti Zionist - he thinks the Palestinians have been shafted by Zionist factions in Israel. That doesn't make him anti semitic. However other elements of the pro Palestine lobby within Labour didn't make that distinction and their hate was directed at Jews in general. Corbyn is accused not being robust enough in handling that.    

• Like 2
3 hours ago, buctootim said:

The whole thing has gone over your head. Corbyn is anti Zionist - he thinks the Palestinians have been shafted by Zionist factions in Israel. That doesn't make him anti semitic. However other elements of the pro Palestine lobby within Labour didn't make that distinction and their hate was directed at Jews in general. Corbyn is accused not being robust enough in handling that.    

Pony.

The mural he commented on & liked was anti Semitic, the book he wrote a forward to was anti Semitic and attending a ceremony honouring the Munich killer can’t be dismissed as anti Zionist. If Nigel Farage praised a racist mural, wrote a forward to a KKK book and attended a ceremony honouring James Earl Ray, you would be calling him a racist. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, buctootim said:

I think the antisemitism on the left stems from maxist theory rather than a pro Palestinian position and the Palestinian issue is a easy stick to beat Jews with. There are plenty of land issues that the left don't get exercised by.

This is probably a simplistic understanding as real life is more mixed up but is believed that the traditional stance of the marxist left is the notion that the means of production are not controlled by the working population but by those with and access to money. As banks were thought to by owned by Jewish people they were seen as the enemy of the people. Today world bankers is code for evil Jews to some people. It just the continuation of other antisemitic tropes like the blood libel.

4 hours ago, buctootim said:

This. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Pony.

The mural he commented on & liked was anti Semitic, the book he wrote a forward to was anti Semitic and attending a ceremony honouring the Munich killer can’t be dismissed as anti Zionist. If Nigel Farage praised a racist mural, wrote a forward to a KKK book and attended a ceremony honouring James Earl Ray, you would be calling him a racist. 

Well done you have three things all of which can easily be contested. Are you going to bother to read these actions? :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LlGfnv4yjVTqKSXUyQJF1mVXyELQNkQm/view

• Like 1