All things Labour Party

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

Interesting article in The Mail online about the Welsh health & social care response to Covid, which of course is devolved & run by Welsh Labour. Let’s hope Sir Kier is “ forensic” when asking Mark Drakeford about those failings

Meh. You need to rely on facts and stats when analysing success or failure, not lap up journo agendas. Fact 1 Starmer was questioning Johnson on care home deaths. Fact 2 Wales has a far lower rate of care home deaths due to Covid-19 than England.

Interesting article in The Mail online about the Welsh health & social care response to Covid, which of course is devolved & run by Welsh Labour. Let’s hope Sir Kier is “ forensic” when asking Mark Drakeford about those failings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still trying to work out how you think anyone on this board would take an article from the Daily Mail as a reliable source of information?

Meh. You need to rely on facts and stats when analysing success or failure, not lap up journo agendas. Fact 1 Starmer was questioning Johnson on care home deaths. Fact 2 Wales has a far lower rate of care home deaths due to Covid-19 than England.

I’m interested in facts.

Did labour promise 9k tests a day?

Have they met that target?

Do they test people living in care homes with less than 50 residents?

Until recently were they still chucking people out of hospitals into care homes, without testing them?

Did they tell people in North Wales to call 111 if they felt ill?

Does 111 exist in north wales?

Sir Starmer obviously feels like you, that the extra 1k deaths in welsh care homes compared to last year is “meh”. Who cares about them? No political capital to gain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or Piers ;)

You brought it up....perhaps they are. I hope nether Joe, Leo or Rachel are like their brother.....obviously Rachel is a liberal so clearly not......but then, Boris would be a liberal if it got him popularity....kinda like initially being a remainer.

I’m interested in facts.

Did labour promise 9k tests a day?

Have they met that target?

Do they test people living in care homes with less than 50 residents?

Until recently were they still chucking people out of hospitals into care homes, without testing them?

Did they tell people in North Wales to call 111 if they felt ill?

Does 111 exist in north wales?

Sir Starmer obviously feels like you, that the extra 1k deaths in welsh care homes compared to last year is “meh”. Who cares about them? No political capital to gain.

I think its fantastic you are so passionate about political leadership during the time of this pandemic, and you are so frustrated by political leaders and their disgraceful failings on testing and care homes. I agree that all political leaders in this country are responsible for their decisions and must be questioned and challenged on their failings.

Mark Drakeford should be brought to account just like all the UK government leaders should be questioned unrelentingly, challenging unrelentingly, and like you, I agree those people need to be totally held to account. You'll definitely be doing that, right?

You brought it up....perhaps they are. I hope nether Joe, Leo or Rachel are like their brother.....obviously Rachel is a liberal so clearly not......but then, Boris would be a liberal if it got him popularity....kinda like initially being a remainer.

You’re clueless man.

Boris is liberal. As pink as any Tory leader in my lifetime.

It's amazing how people are only prepared to hold to account the government's they don't support and blindly fall in line when it's their mob in the spotlight. Criticism of the government should be regarded as just being that, criticism of the government. It's completely childish to see it only as Tory bashing and to wilfully defend them at any costs, surley this is the opposite to our role as good citizens.

Mark Drakeford should be brought to account just like all the UK government leaders should be questioned unrelentingly, challenging unrelentingly, and like you, I agree those people need to be totally held to account. You'll definitely be doing that, right?

Believe it or not, i haven’t really got any influence, it’s not really my job to hold politicians to account. It is Sir Kier Starmers & if the Tories were in charge of Welsh health & social care he would be doing so in Wales as well as England. Surely Welsh voters deserve that, after all he’s their voice in the UK Parliament.

If it was my job, I’d like to think I’d be above the petty party politics Sir Kier Starmer is indulging in, but we’ll never know. One thing we will know is how this will play in Wales at the next election. Look what happened when Labour took Scottish voters for granted, and then look at Welsh voting trends.

Believe it or not, i haven’t really got any influence, it’s not really my job to hold politicians to account. It is Sir Kier Starmers & if the Tories were in charge of Welsh health & social care he would be doing so in Wales as well as England. Surely Welsh voters deserve that, after all he’s their voice in the UK Parliament.

If it was my job, I’d like to think I’d be above the petty party politics Sir Kier Starmer is indulging in, but we’ll never know. One thing we will know is how this will play in Wales at the next election. Look what happened when Labour took Scottish voters for granted, and then look at Welsh voting trends.

By "hold to account" I obviously mean write posts/ask questions/raise issues on here, we all know this is a football forum after all.

But you are writing very concerned posts about the decisions made that impact the poor suffering people of Wales. I was just wondering whether this concern and worry about the Welsh you are showing, and the questioning of political decisions by political leaders in Wales could ever translate to similar posts from you about one of the many other countries around the world. England and the leadership of the whole UK, maybe?

Do you think that when this crisis is reviewed in a full public enquiry several years from now, do you think the final report will pinpoint, as the source of the most mistakes, the biggest failures and the most catastrophic decisions, to be Mark Drakeford and Kier Starmer?

You’re clueless man.

Boris is liberal. As pink as any Tory leader in my lifetime.

Yes, he is. But naturally because he got Brexit done, he is Far Right and a racist, as are all Brexiteers.

Do you think that when this crisis is reviewed in a full public enquiry several years from now, do you think the final report will pinpoint, as the source of the most mistakes, the biggest failures and the most catastrophic decisions, to be Mark Drakeford and Kier Starmer?

I’d imagine they’ll be a whitewash. Some establishment figure will throw a couple of nobodies under a bus.

If I was to bet on it, I’d imagine it’ll eventually dawn on the great unwashed that there was an overreaction & the damage to the economy wasn’t worth the amount of lives saved. However, everybody from the civil service to the Government & via the opposition have a vested interest in justifying the severe lockdown, so this won’t be spelt out in stark terms. Why will this be any different than any other enquiry, they always get away with it.

Anyone hoping The Tories & Boris will face a day of reckoning, is going to be severely disappointed.

I don't need to; it's a common enough view expressed by many of the leftie remoaners on here.

That makes no sense Les. You’ve quoted approvingly from that site in the past despite its extreme politics and prejudices; so wonder whether you will in the future? I'll let others unpack various charges of antisemitism and you invoking antisemitic tropes :lol:

Edited by shurlock

The Mail on Sunday's article about Starmer owning land worth a load of money is straw clutching of the highest order. They must be desperate if this is the best they can come up with.

What do you expect from a Remainer rag.....

ahahah-youre-so.jpg

What do you expect from a Remainer rag.....

You do realise the previous editor who was driving the Mail's remainer stance throughout Brexit has left don't you? It has a totally different editorial stance now.

That makes no sense Les. You’ve quoted approvingly from that site in the past despite its extreme politics and prejudices; so wonder whether you will in the future? I'll let others unpack various charges of antisemitism and you invoking antisemitic tropes :lol:

You're like a stuck record, Gavyn. I told you, there are plenty of posters on here who have accused Brexiteers of being far right racists, so stop being so petty with these false claims of yours. You're really a stultifying bore.

You do realise the previous editor who was driving the Mail's remainer stance throughout Brexit has left don't you? It has a totally different editorial stance now.

That's funny because I was under the impression that the previous editor was the ardent Brexiteer, and that he was replaced with somebody who was more of a remoaner.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jun/07/new-daily-mail-editor-to-be-geordie-greig

Or maybe the Guardian (and Lord Duckhunter) has got it wrong.

You're like a stuck record, Gavyn. I told you, there are plenty of posters on here who have accused Brexiteers of being far right racists, so stop being so petty with these false claims of yours. You're really a stultifying bore.

Are you saying you’ve never cited Politicalite on here before to make a point?

The Mail on Sunday's article about Starmer owning land worth a load of money is straw clutching of the highest order. They must be desperate if this is the best they can come up with.

He bought the land for his late Mum so that she could run a donkey sanctuary.

What a cnt!

A spokesman for Starmer said: “Keir purchased this field for his late disabled mother. The field was used to house donkeys that Keir’s parents rescued and cared for. After Keir’s mother lost her ability to walk, the field still allowed her to watch the donkeys from her home.”

Do tell us about your idiotic siblings. I'm pretty sure that they would say that you were the one in your family.

There you go with personal insults again tory boy from Weston.

Don't make me laugh. Royston wannabe.

Edited by Hockey_saint

Are you saying you’ve never cited Politicalite on here before to make a point?

Do please read what I said again, and allow it to penetrate. I'm sure that you'll get there eventually, once you take my response at face value without trying to twist it and invent sources for it as per your usual MO.

Do please read what I said again, and allow it to penetrate. I'm sure that you'll get there eventually, once you take my response at face value without trying to twist it and invent sources for it as per your usual MO.

Simple question (as it was the first time I asked it never mind the second time); yet still no answer.

Edited by shurlock

You like to dish it out, but can't take it back in return. Diddums. What's Weston got to do with it? He's an entirely separate poster. :rolleyes:

I haven't personally insulted you yet....want me to start? You're basically just a horrible little troll who probably spends half his time trolling left-leaning people on twitter...obvious really.

That's funny because I was under the impression that the previous editor was the ardent Brexiteer, and that he was replaced with somebody who was more of a remoaner.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jun/07/new-daily-mail-editor-to-be-geordie-greig

Or maybe the Guardian (and Lord Duckhunter) has got it wrong.

What's funny is you not realising the Mail on Sunday is a different newspaper to the Daily Mail.

The current MoS editor is Ted Verity, a staunch Brexiteer and Labour hating Tory. Geordie Greig, as per the article above, was the previous MoS editor who is now in charge of the Daily Mail.

Greig was a remainer, hence the MoS previous support for the UK to remain in Europe. He was still a Tory, but not an ardent Labour hating one. The MoS was well known for running stories which rubbished Daily Mail articles from earlier in the week.

This was all mainly due to a power struggle between Greig and previous Daily Mail editor Paul Dacre.

Hope that explains it for you.

What's funny is you not realising the Mail on Sunday is a different newspaper to the Daily Mail.

The current MoS editor is Ted Verity, a staunch Brexiteer and Labour hating Tory. Geordie Greig, as per the article above, was the previous MoS editor who is now in charge of the Daily Mail.

Greig was a remainer, hence the MoS previous support for the UK to remain in Europe. He was still a Tory, but not an ardent Labour hating one. The MoS was well known for running stories which rubbished Daily Mail articles from earlier in the week.

This was all mainly due to a power struggle between Greig and previous Daily Mail editor Paul Dacre.

Ah, Paul Dacre....The modern Julius Streicher.

We’re talking Les here remember. Maybe he’s got the day of the week confused. Verity, the current editor of the MoS, is Dacre’s little protege and they are as politically aligned as they come.

Edited by shurlock

Hmmm. It hasn't been a good morning for Les on this thread.

I haven't personally insulted you yet....want me to start? You're basically just a horrible little troll who probably spends half his time trolling left-leaning people on twitter...obvious really.

I'm not on tw*tter. Sorry, do try harder. Am I bothered by anything you say? No, not at all.