United to bid for Mane?

SuperSAINT

Fry do you have anything to say to other board members that isn't just an insult... You must be rapidly approaching the most hated person on here this summer?

I used to enjoy his posts, they were funny. They were still funny when they were taking this p1ss out of me. But now he seems... a bit vitriolic, a bit unstable. Hope he's OK.

If he's sold, he's sold. He's a c**t, the board will be c**ts. The black box will find the next attacking midfielder that everyone will say is headless and sh*t, then in two years time, said headless sh*tfest will be a c**t for moving to Chelsea for 3x what the c**ting board paid for him and we'll be back to square one.

I'm certain most people on this forum are utterly deluded with our place in the football pyramid.

Actually they mean United have to pay us a massive amount of money to take him off us. If he didn't have a contract he would be going there for free.

Dont be pedantic, you know what I mean, a player can sign a 10 year contract for all I care but can still be gone in 6 months or even less.

Dont be pedantic, you know what I mean, a player can sign a 10 year contract for all I care but can still be gone in 6 months or even less.

Actually I don't get what you mean as a players contract means everything. It's our choice whether or not we sell a player, he will only be gone if someone is willing to pay us what we think he is worth.

If he's sold, he's sold. He's a c**t, the board will be c**ts. The black box will find the next attacking midfielder that everyone will say is headless and sh*t, then in two years time, said headless sh*tfest will be a c**t for moving to Chelsea for 3x what the c**ting board paid for him and we'll be back to square one.

I'm certain most people on this forum are utterly deluded with our place in the football pyramid.

I really don't think many people actually are. I think most understand that we will sell players to bigger teams. But, we need to maintain some sense of stability throughout the side to be successful in our own right. That doesn't including flogging whoever has been a reasonable success at the first opportunity. Hopefully the club won't sell him this time around.

It's a shame that Koeman can't have the final say on the transfer.

The 'Let's get as much money as we can in' board will no doubt be getting sweaty fingers on any bid for 20m.

Come on Pilchards, you've got a lot more to you than being dragged into the board bashing. No one has done anything wrong here, because nothing has actually happened.

Club says he's not going anywhere and usual w**kers still wail.

Do you ever, ever, ever think that even the slightest degree of disappointment from the fans is even slightly justified?

We've been beaten 3-0 at home by a side that we beat by that scoreline reversed in the same fixture 8-9 months ago. This is the second season where the best players have all left after a strong season simply because the big clubs can triple their salary/offer them worldwide exposure in the Champions League.

We realise that we're in the Premiership and last season managed to reach our highest ever position but to watch your squad be repeatedly decimated as soon as you hit the oh-so-glorious high water mark of 7th is depressing, and for a lot of people, they justifiably ask themselves. What's the point?

The Premiership is very quickly turning into a financial arm-wrestling competition. You don't get 'upsets' in arm-wrestling; the strongest man wins. Its that simple.

And when you have to watch your best players leave, time and again, it really brings that fact home. Its a shame. Its unexciting, its boring and its inevitable.

http://www.newstatesman.com/lifestyle/2015/08/vanishing-underdog-what-premier-league-tells-us-about-england

"You can learn a lot about England from English football. From the treatment of the Football Association you can see our unending tolerance for establishment incompetence. We might not like them, we might complain about them vociferously, but do anything about them? Pass."

"Perhaps the most telling indicator of the English character however lies in our Premier League and how the English have cheerfully embraced it since its inception.

This is because what the Premier League has done is to teach us to accept a lack of mobility and an established status quo in what ought to be a meritocratic and dynamic system. In other words, we know that the title will be won by one of maybe two or three clubs when the season starts and we know that this will be true next season, and the season after that. We know that nothing can happen to a top four team that they cannot buy their way out of."

Come on Pilchards, you've got a lot more to you than being dragged into the board bashing. No one has done anything wrong here, because nothing has actually happened.

I agree I think 10 players sold is too many in last two seasons. Ten players of quality.

Do you ever, ever, ever think that even the slightest degree of disappointment from the fans is even slightly justified?

We've been beaten 3-0 at home by a side that we beat by that scoreline reversed in the same fixture 8-9 months ago. This is the second season where the best players have all left after a strong season simply because the big clubs can triple their salary/offer them worldwide exposure in the Champions League.

We realise that we're in the Premiership and last season managed to reach our highest ever position but to watch your squad be repeatedly decimated as soon as you hit the oh-so-glorious high water mark of 7th is depressing, and for a lot of people, they justifiably ask themselves. What's the point?

The Premiership is very quickly turning into a financial arm-wrestling competition. You don't get 'upsets' in arm-wrestling; the strongest man wins. Its that simple.

And when you have to watch your best players leave, time and again, it really brings that fact home. Its a shame. Its unexciting, its boring and its inevitable.

http://www.newstatesman.com/lifestyle/2015/08/vanishing-underdog-what-premier-league-tells-us-about-england

"You can learn a lot about England from English football. From the treatment of the Football Association you can see our unending tolerance for establishment incompetence. We might not like them, we might complain about them vociferously, but do anything about them? Pass."

"Perhaps the most telling indicator of the English character however lies in our Premier League and how the English have cheerfully embraced it since its inception.

This is because what the Premier League has done is to teach us to accept a lack of mobility and an established status quo in what ought to be a meritocratic and dynamic system. In other words, we know that the title will be won by one of maybe two or three clubs when the season starts and we know that this will be true next season, and the season after that. We know that nothing can happen to a top four team that they cannot buy their way out of."

There might be disappointment, but some of the reactions are utterly ridiculous to be honest. We lost a game, 2nd game of the season by the way, so did Chelsea. We're not a bad side.

We lost 2 players in the summer, 2 players I think 90% of us expected to go. Morgan for sure. We didn't manage to retain a player who wasn't ours. That's it. It's nothing like last summer what so ever.

I think people just get frustrated seeing the over reactions, because that's all it is.

There might be disappointment, but some of the reactions are utterly ridiculous to be honest. We lost a game, 2nd game of the season by the way, so did Chelsea. We're not a bad side.

We lost 2 players in the summer, 2 players I think 90% of us expected to go. Morgan for sure. We didn't manage to retain a player who wasn't ours. That's it. It's nothing like last summer what so ever.

I think people just get frustrated seeing the over reactions, because that's all it is.

You're a poster I really respect mate but it's taking so long to sign another centre back. Clyne apparantly was signing next week and Toby was ours. Can you name another club in prem who has sold as many players(10) since last season and stood still let alone improved. Will support the team completely but as you said the plan changed when cortese left. He said selling players loses your ambition. I know he was horrid tho.

Who are the 10?

Cork, chambers, lovren, shaw, lallana, Lambert, Morgan, Clyne, boruc and Toby. Yes I know boruc was deemed worse than Toby but he went and Toby wasn't ours but we looked favourites to sign him and another loss to team.

Exactly. It's just the usual wailing w**kers with their limited intellect on annual loop thinking we should have the financial clout of the big boys and should play every game as if we are Barca.

Utter w**kers.

You're a poster I really respect mate but it's taking so long to sign another centre back. Clyne apparantly was signing next week and Toby was ours. Can you name another club in prem who has sold as many players(10) since last season and stood still let alone improved. Will support the team completely but as you said the plan changed when cortese left. He said selling players loses your ambition. I know he was horrid tho.

I honestly can't think of 10 players mate? Lambert, Lovren, Chambers, Lallana, Shaw - freak transfer situation

this season - Morgan, Clyne.

I don't think we're taking too long to sign a new CB, as I think we know who we want and we're just waiting until we're able to. We seemingly have a good relationship with Celtic and in my opinion everything is agreed.....

Cork, chambers, lovren, shaw, lallana, Lambert, Morgan, Clyne, boruc and Toby. Yes I know boruc was deemed worse than Toby but he went and Toby wasn't ours but we looked favourites to sign him and another loss to team.

You can't include Toby or Boruc. Toby wasn't ours to sell, and Boruc was just released. We have better than him now. Cork, again, I like him...but I don't get the infatuation everyone has with him, like if we had him we'd have won the league or something. He was a squad player who didn't want to sign a new contract. Fair enough.

Exactly. It's just the usual wailing w**kers with their limited intellect on annual loop thinking we should have the financial clout of the big boys and should play every game as if we are Barca.

Utter w**kers.

Footballs about opinions and we all care about club and I will support every game but we can have doubts it's part of game. Not unduly worried I just think we've sold a few too many. Cork for instance I don't get as obvious Morgan was going in summer and I think he's as good as anyone there now.

We were in championship then so was different.

It makes no difference at all.

He also mocked (whilst we were in the Championship) the Premier teams who took loans out against future TV revenue and season ticket sales and said he would never do that. Before a ball had been kicked on our return to the Prem, he had taken a loan against every asset the club owned. He did the same the following year...... he didn't get a chance to do it three years in a row.

We were in championship then so was different.

If Arsenal had come in for Chamberlain when we were a PL club the outcome would have been no different.

I know people seem to think that Cortese wouldn't sell if he was here, but he ran as soon as the possibilities of that started to occur. He knew.

You can't include Toby or Boruc. Toby wasn't ours to sell, and Boruc was just released. We have better than him now. Cork, again, I like him...but I don't get the infatuation everyone has with him, like if we had him we'd have won the league or something. He was a squad player who didn't want to sign a new contract. Fair enough.

Okay mate you can make the rules! I don't agree about cork at all. I didn't think he was a good as Vic or Morgan but just below and would have been good to replace Morgan and would play plenty of games. Romeo and clasie will have to go some to be same quality in my view. You were the one who was saying things going to get a lot worse last summer mate.

Utter w**kers.

That's 3 w**kers in 2 posts. Kudos.

Do you know what, I think, a lot of people aren't over last summer they got all worked up about stuff and then the club had the bollix to go and have an even better season than ever before. So they were forced to bite their tongues until some **** stuff happened and now they are all moaning and groaning and dragging up last summer because they've been stewing on it for so long. Basically if they keep shouting doom and gloom for long enough they'll end getting it right.

If Arsenal had come in for Chamberlain when we were a PL club the outcome would have been no different.

In your opinion maybe right but don't say it like it's just fact you don't know that. He put offers in the bin.

It makes no difference at all.

He also mocked (whilst we were in the Championship) the Premier teams who took loans out against future TV revenue and season ticket sales and said he would never do that. Before a ball had been kicked on our return to the Prem, he had taken a loan against every asset the club owned. He did the same the following year...... he didn't get a chance to do it three years in a row.

Can't argue he did some shocking things.

We need to keep Mane. Need team continuity and stability more than cash in the bank at this juncture. Crazy, but this early in the season last thing we need to trigger is a crisis of confidence and a player exodus because suddenly all the birds begin attacking us at the first sign of weakness. This needs a very firm NO! from management...although when it gets into a players head we have lost control of the situation anyway

Okay mate you can make the rules! I don't agree about cork at all. I didn't think he was a good as Vic or Morgan but just below and would have been good to replace Morgan and would play plenty of games. Romeo and clasie will have to go some to be same quality in my view. You were the one who was saying things going to get a lot worse last summer mate.

With Cork, you have to look at it from his position - not just ours. Here is a loyal player who gives his all, but isn't first choice. He may be first choice next year if we lose Morgan, but nothing was confirmed regarding that at that time. We often criticize players for sitting on the bench at clubs and picking up pay packets, but to Corks credit he wanted to play. He wanted to be a first team player every week - he didn't want to wait for that to happen here. I respected his decision and I don't see it as a fault of the club what so ever.

We need to keep Mane. Need team continuity and stability more than cash in the bank at this juncture. Crazy, but this early in the season last thing we need to trigger is a crisis of confidence and a player exodus because suddenly all the birds begin attacking us at the first sign of weakness. This needs a very firm NO! from management...although when it gets into a players head we have lost control of the situation anyway

With Cork, you have to look at it from his position - not just ours. Here is a loyal player who gives his all, but isn't first choice. He may be first choice next year if we lose Morgan, but nothing was confirmed regarding that at that time. We often criticize players for sitting on the bench at clubs and picking up pay packets, but to Corks credit he wanted to play. He wanted to be a first team player every week - he didn't want to wait for that to happen here. I respected his decision and I don't see it as a fault of the club what so ever.

Maybe. I'm not sure we did enough.

Who says anyone is to blame? The fact is that we lost a good player. He wasn't one of the ones who has gone on to a huge side but by all accounts he was pretty miffed at the time it took to sort his contract offer out whilst the likes of Davis were being sorted with theirs. People can be dissapointed about someone leaving, even if it doesn't fit in with your evolving rule book on what people should and shouldn't comment on.

Only an idiot would compare to Everton. We have been back 3 seasons. They are a bigger club with more history, a bigger reputation and decades of top flight money. If we can stay up for 10-20 years and keep getting top half finishes I'm sure we'll be in a better position to fend off bids, but it will still be hard.

The he only real way, as we perfected for several years, is to not have any good players. I don't recall you praising it at those times, yet it's now your mandate to run the club down for its success. Saints have had the best squad outside the big clubs and it was always going to attract bids. They can offer clyne, wanyama etc contracts but they all want to money and glory of big clubs. It's **** but at least try to be grow up and vaguely intelligent to see it for what it is.

The Batman Everton klaxon goes off at least once a day, every day.

Who says anyone is to blame? The fact is that we lost a good player. He wasn't one of the ones who has gone on to a huge side but by all accounts he was pretty miffed at the time it took to sort his contract offer out whilst the likes of Davis were being sorted with theirs. People can be dissapointed about someone leaving, even if it doesn't fit in with your evolving rule book on what people should and shouldn't comment on.

Only an idiot would compare to Everton. We have been back 3 seasons. They are a bigger club with more history, a bigger reputation and decades of top flight money. If we can stay up for 10-20 years and keep getting top half finishes I'm sure we'll be in a better position to fend off bids, but it will still be hard.

The he only real way, as we perfected for several years, is to not have any good players. I don't recall you praising it at those times, yet it's now your mandate to run the club down for its success. Saints have had the best squad outside the big clubs and it was always going to attract bids. They can offer clyne, wanyama etc contracts but they all want to money and glory of big clubs. It's **** but at least try to be grow up and vaguely intelligent to see it for what it is.

Bit harsh getting abusive with people. Everton owned by Bill kenwright we are owned by a billionaire. 4th richest in prem. we finished higher that Everton last season and beat them easy at home. I understand that they are a bigger club in terms of support and history but I can understand why people think we can be same level as them. I can't blame her but katrina obv doesn't want to flex her muscles to much in terms of money for more transfers it seems.

You're making things up and claiming them as fact.

Lots of people said this at time maybe I've got it wrong but not trying to lie. I couldn't stand lots about cortese. I am not unhappy but realistically we will not get near last years finish in my book with the players we have sold IMO.

Bit harsh getting abusive with people. Everton owned by Bill kenwright we are owned by a billionaire. 4th richest in prem. we finished higher that Everton last season and beat them easy at home. I understand that they are a bigger club in terms of support and history but I can understand why people think we can be same level as them. I can't blame her but katrina obv doesn't want to flex her muscles to much in terms of money for more transfers it seems.

What does 4th richest in the Prem mean? We're not 4th richest in the Prem.

But that doesn't really mean anything. What she's worth isn't what the club is worth, that's her personal wealth. You can't expect her personal wealth and the club to be linked, it's not how she works.

Maybe. No i just hope we continue to invest.

Do you know what, I think, a lot of people aren't over last summer they got all worked up about stuff and then the club had the bollix to go and have an even better season than ever before. So they were forced to bite their tongues until some **** stuff happened and now they are all moaning and groaning and dragging up last summer because they've been stewing on it for so long. Basically if they keep shouting doom and gloom for long enough they'll end getting it right.

Deep stuff, very Freudian but I likes.

Agreed, why doesn't she fritter a large chunk of her family's money so we can have a better football team to watch. Life is just so unfair at times.

Other owners have spent a lot. It's fine it is what it is and I'm very grateful with all she has done.

Lots of people said this at time maybe I've got it wrong but not trying to lie. I couldn't stand lots about cortese. I am not unhappy but realistically we will not get near last years finish in my book with the players we have sold IMO.
Just pointing out that it was you that was making things up and claiming them as fact.