United to bid for Mane?

SuperSAINT

He is still raw and developing. I expect that he will get better.

Same. Looks our best player in pre season and at home to Vitesse. Said to my mate he'll be next to go next summer with Big Vic.

Can see us holding on this season if he doesn't have a release clause as his value is bound to increase after this season.

cue manes transfer request within the next 72 hours! That's what a man united bid does to players it totally flips their head! & they do everything possible to force a move through :( hope I'm wrong! Sfc confirmed interest from united

He can request all he likes. He is under contract and the club have stated firmly they are not selling him. Best thing he can do is to listen to the coaches and improve his game. His big move will come eventually but at least with us he will play every week, and hopefully get better.

cue manes transfer request within the next 72 hours! That's what a man united bid does to players it totally flips their head! & they do everything possible to force a move through :( hope I'm wrong! Sfc confirmed interest from united

Yet confirmed no bid had been made. Chill out :rolleyes:

Does Mane have a 25m release clause to CL clubs in his contract? I read that somewhere. Certainly hope he doesn't.

Man U wouldn't pay the 22 million release clause for Pedro so if there is a 25 million one on Mane I really can't see them being happy to pay that for a player who, while I think he is great, is not really of the same standard as Pedro

Man U wouldn't pay the 22 million release clause for Pedro so if there is a 25 million one on Mane I really can't see them being happy to pay that for a player who, while I think he is great, is not really of the same standard as Pedro

Agreed, mainly why I think we'll keep him for this window at least

Agreed, mainly why I think we'll keep him for this window at least

I think so to. If the club's policy of selling a couple of players ever summer to fund new players is going to work they have to make sure they've got some one to sell every summer so we better keep big vic and Mane as next summers cash cows.

Mail says United are happy with their business but may raise Mane bid to the £25m they expect would allow a deal to happen, and that the player (obviously) wants the move.

Well that will make utd look pretty dumb they'll player 25 million for Mane but not 22 million for Pedro I can see the Meltdown on Red café already :lol:

He's not in the "arrive at the stadium" video the club has just posted on Twitter...we'll see if he plays of not. If he doesn't I expect he wants to go.

Ronald has stated clearly that Mane is a big part of our plans and I really don't think he will take any sh*t. If Mane throws his toys out of the pram so be it but nothing has happened yet and there is no point in getting worked up about it unless something does happen.

He's not in the "arrive at the stadium" video the club has just posted on Twitter...we'll see if he plays of not. If he doesn't I expect he wants to go.

He might (well probably no might about it) well do but so did Morgan. Quite frankly there is no upside to this for saints at this time of the transfer window and as he still has years left on his contract I doubt he will go any where until next summer.

Does Mane have a 25m release clause to CL clubs in his contract? I read that somewhere. Certainly hope he doesn't.

Release clauses are not really relevant in England. They are not legally enforcable as Suarez found out when he tried to force a move to Arsenal a couple of seasons ago.

Supposedly United made an enquiry to his availability when they bought Schneiderlin but were told he is not for sale and that, as far as i've seen was that. I could only see anything being revived if he has made it known to United that he wants the move to go through.

Well **** it. I'm going to get ready for the game. If he plays tonight all the better (unless he plays badly). If he doesn't, then, well that's modern day football for you and guess one has to look at what profit the club can make on him and who they can get in as a replacement.

For men may come and men may go,

But I go on forever.

Ronald has stated clearly that Mane is a big part of our plans and I really don't think he will take any sh*t. If Mane throws his toys out of the pram so be it but nothing has happened yet and there is no point in getting worked up about it unless something does happen.

Haha, you seemed to get more worked up by what people write on a forum than those who might be concerned that Mane could be off. Utd want our best attacking player. It's going to be talked about and the prospect of it happening won't be well recieved by many. Get used to it.

If he does go, you'll just revert to telling everyone to calm down and wait to see who we bring in as a replacement.

Release clauses are not really relevant in England. They are not legally enforcable as Suarez found out when he tried to force a move to Arsenal a couple of seasons ago.

Supposedly United made an enquiry to his availability when they bought Schneiderlin but were told he is not for sale and that, as far as i've seen was that. I could only see anything being revived if he has made it known to United that he wants the move to go through.

They are. Perhaps Suarez never really had one he just thought he did. They aren't in every players contracts like spain but Trippier had one for if Burnley went down. Fellaini had one and United missed its deadline. They are in some players contracts but not many.

What can you do! There doesn't seem to be any way the club can hold on to decent players. If we keep losing players like this then eventually we are going to struggle in the Prem. Mane is a great player and likely to unlock the defences of the top 5. He scares them which is why he is being targeted.

However if Utd come in with a 25 Million bid he's gone, and frankly I can't really argue against it. Every player has a price and Mane is no Suarez, he certainly isn't worth 25 Million. I guess Saints just have to take the money buy someone else (better) and move on.

Better still take the money promote Seager, watch him bang in 20 goals and laugh all the way to the bank. Oh how I wish that would happen.

Nurse my pills....

And a creditable draw for your plucky little club against the mighty Crawley as well. Happy days eh?

Not sure where all this Skate-supporting stuff comes from.

Honestly, how can you take anyone seriously when they say "I've had it with football" blah blah blah.

It's like the game never existed pre-2009.

When has Saints ever been able to hold on to their best players? Even when the team was ready to push on after the 2003 cup final, Bridge left (arguably our best player).

When we looked like a comfortable top half team under Hoddle, he left and took Dean Richards (arguably our best player) with him.

There have been countless other examples in my lifetime. Shearer, Flowers, Wallace, Kachloul, Beattie, Crouch and on and on and on. Oxo and Walcott too.

I cannot fathom the reactions of people when it is so blatantly obvious we will never keep hold of players with abilities to play at bigger clubs than ours. Ever.

If Ronald has the backing of the baord then it will be rejected as he said on BT Sport that its not about the money, the player simply isn't for sale.

Based on tonight, Man Utd will be running a mile.

They will have to give us £25-odd million for him because we'd expect a profit and his contract is long, but UTD would need mad to pay that. He's great but not MUFC great just yet.