United to bid for Mane?

SuperSAINT

Some further info from last night. Mane's agent will be starting negotiations on a new contract for him at Saints. Sadio is worried it will harm his chances of a move as a longer contract. Agent has told him it won't harm his options at all even if he extends as contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on. Mane has been offered €400k euros a month by United, which is apparently approximately 3 times his wage at Saints.

£300k a week. Unbelievable Jeff (and we are paying him £100k a week? Unbelievable Jeff)

He did say monthly. £300k a month is roughly £75k a week. So would mean we are paying £25j a week for him to treble going to MU...not so unbelievable!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£300k a week. Unbelievable Jeff (and we are paying him £100k a week? Unbelievable Jeff)

Where do you get that from? 400,000€ a month is about 70K £ a week. So if that's a lot more than us then we're not paying him a great deal..by PL standards anyway. At 22K£ a week you could say we're underpaying him actually. If that's really the sort of sum that these lads are on at Saints I can see why they all want to leave.

He did say monthly. £300k a month is roughly £75k a week. So would mean we are paying £25j a week for him to treble going to MU...not so unbelievable!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£10m players don't sign £25k a week contracts. He will be on more that at saints I would imagine. We paid that sort of wage in the championship to several players.

£10m players don't sign £25k a week contracts. He will be on more that at saints I would imagine. We paid that sort of wage in the championship to several players.

But he wouldn't have been on an enormous amount at Red Bull. With his share of the transfer and a bit of a signing on fee

even 25K would have been a substantial increase. Trouble is it becomes instantly derisory when he starts putting in a few good performances.

What good will the club getting 25m will do for us as fans? We saw yesterday how important Mane is to us, Janazai is so far a busted flush in comparison. The 25 m would be put in the pocket and lost in the smoke and mirrors of the clubs finances. We don't spend nearly as much as we take in, let alone the TV money etc

There are a lot more expenses to running a football club than transfer fees and wages.

Get him on the new contract! Just means we can demand obscene amounts for him, look at Sterling and De Bruyne, prices are going to go up and up. Fair play to him saying about the Van Gaal thing can't see his regime there lasting very long anyway. Giggs looks baffled on the bench at times, probably because Van Gaal is a very strange person.

• 2 months later...
LVG EYEING WINGERS?

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal admits he needs more pacey wingers at the club. Ahead of the January transfer window, the Dutchman has pinpointed the wide areas as needing improvement, and says Jesse Lingard and Juan Mata are “not the speediest in the world”.

"I have said already in my first year many times we need speed and creativity on the wings,' the Dutchman said.

"You have seen that now we play with Jesse Lingard and he is not the most speedy winger in the world and (Juan) Mata is also not the most speedy winger in the world. So first we must first address that problem."

^ I can almost smell the links in January already.

As Memphis Depay has proved, speed isn't enough in the PL, you need speed and a bit of guile. M.U will probably try to buy that bloke from Swansea or Bolasie.

They've been linked with a few already: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/transfernews/article-3310443/Manchester-United-eye-Riyad-Mahrez-Felipe-Anderson-Sadio-Mane-Louis-van-Gaal-keen-adding-winger-January.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Daft to be playing Mata as a winger anyway, he's brilliant centrally and always justifies his place, but gets shoved aside to accommodate Rooney. Similar to England, good players out of position all the time.

Mane would be ideal for them really but they can fck off unless they want to pay a silly price.

completely agree.

heard a commentator on 5live at the weekend go on about how Rooney MUST play for club and country as he is the one true great player united and england have.

just a cycle of the same old shyte in this country

Strange you say that. Was told today that Utd were going back to Saints in the hope of a January deal. Was told the fee and, if true, it's obscenely big.

I really can't see us selling in January. I mean I know we are a selling club but apart from Jack Cork we don't sell players in January it's to disruptive to the team mid season........come the summer I'm sure it will be game on with Man U being made to pay through the nose to acquire Mr Mane

I really can't see us selling in January. I mean I know we are a selling club but apart from Jack Cork we don't sell players in January it's to disruptive to the team mid season........come the summer I'm sure it will be game on with Man U being made to pay through the nose to acquire Mr Mane

Maybe we've made our position clear but Utd think if they chuck enough money at it we will say yes?

Perhaps £35m from Utd and AT on loan from Spurs would do until the summer when we can bring in a proper replacement?

Personally I think he'll stay until the summer anyway.

that would be do-able. We have been linked with Townsend a few times

as you say, can see us saying NO until the summer. then townsend will finally come here