Kelvin Gets Testimonial

Gemmel

Also missing are Jos and Danny Fox.

I see Jos is still playing in Sweden, but doesn't appear to have a midweek game. Danny played in Forest's last few, after being out injured and got himself sent off in the last game, which wouldn't preclude him from tonight.

I see Jos is still playing in Sweden, but doesn't appear to have a midweek game. Danny played in Forest's last few, after being out injured and got himself sent off in the last game, which wouldn't preclude him from tonight.

Perhaps Kelv realised that Fox was not even good enough to make it into the Promotions XI and didn't want to risk some embarrassing defensive blunders (whilst admitting that he was half decent going forward). :lol:

If Chris Perry qualifies (played in the JPT but not in promotions) then so does Michail Antonio. Equally Papa Waigo and Simon Gillett?

Anyone know the timetable for tonight? It says "Kick Off: 7:30" on the ticket and I'd normally ignore the pre-match build up in favour of beer and pie, but I guess for a testimonial the Build up and team announcement is part of the show.

Will things like the Penalty Shoot out be the half-time entertainment (longer than 15mins?) or before/during/after the match.

Anyone know the timetable for tonight? It says "Kick Off: 7:30" on the ticket and I'd normally ignore the pre-match build up in favour of beer and pie, but I guess for a testimonial the Build up and team announcement is part of the show.

Will things like the Penalty Shoot out be the half-time entertainment (longer than 15mins?) or before/during/after the match.

Good question. It's going to be a bit of a rush to get there in good time.

Like what Crystal Palace (nice touch) have done with Puncheon, hopefully Man Utd would have the decency to allow Morgan to play in this one. Its not as if they have anything to play for tonight. Does anyone know if the likes of Connolly, Guly & Dickson are playing?

Like what Crystal Palace (nice touch) have done with Puncheon, hopefully Man Utd would have the decency to allow Morgan to play in this one. Its not as if they have anything to play for tonight. Does anyone know if the likes of Connolly, Guly & Dickson are playing?

United have a league game tonight. Would be mad for them to let him play a testimonial instead IMO.

Edited by Saint Charlie

I'm amazed Puncheon is going to be involved in this to be honest. Imagine if he picks up a knock and has to miss the final at the weekend. I know it's not exactly going to be full-blooded stuff but players frequently pick up knocks in meaningless international friendlies and all hell breaks loose. Nice gesture though as previously said.

I'm amazed Puncheon is going to be involved in this to be honest. Imagine if he picks up a knock and has to miss the final at the weekend. I know it's not exactly going to be full-blooded stuff but players frequently pick up knocks in meaningless international friendlies and all hell breaks loose. Nice gesture though as previously said.

I'm fairly certain he'll either start the match, stand around for 5 minutes and then get substituted, or come on for the same amount of time at the end.

I'm fairly certain he'll either start the match, stand around for 5 minutes and then get substituted, or come on for the same amount of time at the end.

Suspect he'll be on the pitch for kick-off, then immediately go off for a ****, and not come back on :)

I thought his debut was away to Man City in the first game up in the Prem ?

League debut yes, but he played in the League Cup and FA Cup in the Championship promotion season. Actually scored against Coventry in the FA Cup (and then went 2 full seasons and until the April of the third one before his next goal, which remains the only time I've ever bet on him as first scorer). :)

Edited by The9

Would be a shame if a crunching tackle from Wanyama forced him out of the cup final.... Especially as we'll probably need Palace to lose.... ;)

Fox is at Fratton Park. He meant to be at the game, he's just a long way out of position.

Just caught the last 5 seconds of the Le Tiss v Lambert live show on FB. Liking the retro shirt Matty is wearing. Didnt catch who won though?

Le Tiss missed one, as in properly missed the target!!!! And I think he allowed Kelvin to make a save as it was daisy cutter at the end. Awesome to see him in that kit - brilliant!