Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Our bid for Patrick Roberts has been accepted by Man City.....however so has Celtics bid.

According to some Celtic fans I've questioned they would relish him back there,after last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read elsewhere he's also linked with a loan move to Newcastle.

Man city supporting mate at work told me over a week ago we'll be getting Roberts on loan for the season with maybe an option to buy.
I hope he's better connected than some of our ITKs and he's right, but I won't believe anything until it's signed sealed and delivered.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Man city supporting mate at work told me over a week ago we'll be getting Roberts on loan for the season with maybe an option to buy.

I doubt he is itk, he probably read it in The Sun 8 days ago on the 18th July...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4047637/southampton-man-city-patrick-roberts-loan/

The rumour about Roberts today doing the rounds on Twitter appears to originate from a bull****ter Twitter account.

I hope he's better connected than some of our ITKs and he's right, but I won't believe anything until it's signed sealed and delivered.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

He's generally right with man city stuff, has a fair few connections so here's hoping. Wouldn't have thought we'd have the option to buy though as he's very highly rated at city.

Surely we've moved on from loaning players !
I can't see what's wrong with the odd loan if it's the right player who will improve the team. It's obviously better if there's an option to buy, although I may be wrong but don't think there was officially one with the Bertrand loan and we still ended up agreeing a permanent deal for him.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I can't see what's wrong with the odd loan if it's the right player who will improve the team. It's obviously better if there's an option to buy, although I may be wrong but don't think there was officially one with the Bertrand loan and we still ended up agreeing a permanent deal for him.

We have a very talented 20 year old winger of our own... Josh Sims.

I'd think the club would see more benefit spending game-time developing him, rather than 20 year old Roberts for the benefit of Man City and not us.

Since promotion we haven't loaned a youngster from a top club (Bertrand wasn't a youngster he was 24 and with a view to buy him), I doubt we'll start blocking pathways and do youngster loans now. As a club we have moved to a level where we don't need to loan youngsters from the top clubs... that is what newly promoted and bottom half sides do.

We have a very talented 20 year old winger of our own... Josh Sims.

I'd think the club would see more benefit spending game-time developing him, rather than 20 year old Roberts for the benefit of Man City and not us.

Since promotion we haven't loaned a youngster from a top club (Bertrand wasn't a youngster he was 24 and with a view to buy him), I doubt we'll start blocking pathways and do youngster loans now. As a club we have moved to a level where we don't need to loan youngsters from the top clubs... that is what newly promoted and bottom half sides do.

What if Roberts is much better than Sims?

I don't think we can pay more than £10m for anyone without selling Van Dijk or Bertrand. Wasn't it only 48hours ago Kat was bemoaning the drop in her fortune from £3billion down to £100m and she won't be bankrolling any signings. I don't think the club itself has that sort of readies, we are truely on our own financially this summer.

Edited by patred44

I don't think we can pay more than £10m for anyone without selling Van Dijk or Bertrand. Wasn't it only 48hours ago Kat was bemoaning the drop in her fortune from £3billion down to £100m and she won't be bankrolling any signings. I don't think the club itself has that sort of readies, we are truely on our own financially this summer.

Kat hasn't ever bankrolled any signings, we have always been "on our own" financially. The plan was always for us to be a self sustaining top half club, Cortese got carried away when Marcus died and made a mess of things before Kat had to bail us out but that's

The only time she's dipped into her own funds.

As for Kat bemoaning her drop in earnings, dear me, so she's lost £2.9 billion overnight has she :lol:

Kat hasn't ever bankrolled any signings, we have always been "on our own" financially. The plan was always for us to be a self sustaining top half club, Cortese got carried away when Marcus died and made a mess of things before Kat had to bail us out but that's

The only time she's dipped into her own funds.

As for Kat bemoaning her drop in earnings, dear me, so she's lost £2.9 billion overnight has she :lol:

well some are saying on here that she is worth 300m, I thought last season it was stated she was 3rd?? wealthiest owner

well some are saying on here that she is worth 300m, I thought last season it was stated she was 3rd?? wealthiest owner

It's not just "some on here" though is it, it's the Echo.

Obviously never had anywhere near the sums touted, when someone is that rich, shrinking violet though they may be, you can find some sort of documentation on it, be it only Forbes list.

There was a transcription error at the start, what was worth 3,6 billion whatevers was the other branch of the Liebherr family, the one that makes, cranes and fridges and the like. Once people got that into their heads there was never any letting go of it until the reality that was evident to some became known.

The biggest clue was that after the unfortunate demise of Marcus, Cortese was running the whole empire from his desk at St Mary's.

Edited by Window Cleaner

It's not just "some on here" though is it, it's the Echo.

Obviously never had anywhere near the sums touted, when someone is that rich, shrinking violet though they may be, you can find some sort of documentation on it, be it only Forbes list.

There was a transcription error at the start, what was worth 3,6 billion whatevers was the other branch of the Liebherr family, the one that makes, cranes and fridges and the like. Once people got that into their heads there was never any letting go of it until the reality that was evident to some became known.

The biggest clue was that after the unfortunate demise of Marcus, Cortese was running the whole empire from his desk at St Mary's.

Ok, but the 3rd richest owner was stated on the national media. If she is worth 300m whilst a lot of money, she really does need to sell if the club is to progress.

http://www.wealthx.com/articles/2015/katharina-liebherr/

http://www.therichest.com/sports/soccer-sports/top-10-richest-english-premier-league-owners/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/sport-obituaries/7950756/Markus-Liebherr.html

Ok, but the 3rd richest owner was stated on the national media. If she is worth 300m whilst a lot of money, she really does need to sell if the club is to progress.

http://www.wealthx.com/articles/2015/katharina-liebherr/

http://www.therichest.com/sports/soccer-sports/top-10-richest-english-premier-league-owners/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/sport-obituaries/7950756/Markus-Liebherr.html

Because the national media just picked up on an error way back in time and continued doing so, much like about 90% of Saints fans.

KL obviously hasn't enough money to take the club forward any more, never has had, never will have. That's why she's, reluctantly it seems trying to sell it, albeit to an entity that doesn't look any too bright.

Because the national media just picked up on an error way back in time and continued doing so, much like about 90% of Saints fans.

KL obviously hasn't enough money to take the club forward any more, never has had, never will have. That's why she's, reluctantly it seems trying to sell it, albeit to an entity that doesn't look any too bright.

Doesn't matter whether she has 300 million or 3 billion rules have been put in place to stop owners using their personal money to buy players and pay wages. This idea that we trader her in for some one richer to take the club forward with their personal piggy bank is a false premise since the arrival of FFP.

Doesn't matter whether she has 300 million or 3 billion rules have been put in place to stop owners using their personal money to buy players and pay wages. This idea that we trader her in for some one richer to take the club forward with their personal piggy bank is a false premise since the arrival of FFP.

Justly no, an owner can make up losses each season from his own pocket providing, and here's the rub, that it's a gift and not a loan. This is tempered with a proviso of tendering a break even plan for some time in the future. At the current time this allowed amount stands at 30 million .

Where are all the freelance Journos... Sports writers ..... who are always ITK at this point of preseason ??

The silence is deafening !!!

Perhaps there really is nothing to be ITK about. Les said quiet summer, not much selling and not much buying either.

The club is up for sale, there was some sort of deal in place but it doesn't seem to be happening any too fast. The owner is under investigation, or was anyway, for eventual inhertitance tax liability in Germany; If it ever transpires that she does in fact owe money there she'll probably have to sell even quicker, well according to some press stories anyway.

The owner is under investigation, or was anyway, for eventual inhertitance tax liability in Germany; If it ever transpires that she does in fact owe money there she'll probably have to sell even quicker, well according to some press stories anyway.
Perhaps that is why her published wealth has been reduced to 300m lol

Real Betis are hopeful of signing Middlesbrough's Gaston Ramirez. Talks between Betis, the player's representatives and Boro are on the right tracks but the move is far from complete.

HCDAJFU

Haha. Wonder what his value is now? I really thought that he was going to be hard to keep more than one season.

I like Gaston. Shame it never worked out for him here but comes across as a great pro. Always had flashes of ability and talent but never able to do it consistently.

I was happy when he signed as were many. As were many Boro fans. I think the majority now think he's got an attitude problem, especially up there. No doubt their forums will have something on him but he wasn't very popular after his decision to leave in January and many of them, while they raved about him in the division they've gone back to, didn't think he was that good in this one.

Don't we already have a striker who scored a packet of goals in the championship anyway and for free ??

It seems that warning clubs about the potential sale value of one of your players has become a craze. Think it's called advertising for everything else, expect that that goes, buy today, only 99.99£, you know you want to even if you don't need it anyway.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I was happy when he signed as were many. As were many Boro fans. I think the majority now think he's got an attitude problem, especially up there. No doubt their forums will have something on him but he wasn't very popular after his decision to leave in January and many of them, while they raved about him in the division they've gone back to, didn't think he was that good in this one.

Yep, I work with a Boro fan and he says everyone who goes to the Riverside hates Ramirez now. Mainly because of his attitude, just downed tools when things weren't going well, and spent most of the time he did play diving around. Sounds familiar unfortunately.

Yep, I work with a Boro fan and he says everyone who goes to the Riverside hates Ramirez now. Mainly because of his attitude, just downed tools when things weren't going well, and spent most of the time he did play diving around. Sounds familiar unfortunately.

Probably miffed about them sacking Karanka. Don't think that did them one bit of good really.

Could certainly use a couple of reliable signings who you have a high confidence level will be successful.

Arguably only Cedric, Bertrand, Romeu and Davis are consistent performers in our team, the rest have a much bigger variance in their performance.

In previous years we had a few more that you knew what you would get from them, including the whole back 5 when Forster was on form.

Don't we already have a striker who scored a packet of goals in the championship anyway and for free ??

It seems that warning clubs about the potential sale value of one of your players has become a craze. Think it's called advertising for everything else, expect that that goes, buy today, only 99.99£, you know you want to even if you don't need it anyway.

Seems a strange link. Wouldn't mind us being linked with Pontus Jansson though.