Secular Southampton FC social media accounts

Matthew Le God

I've just had a jolly good laugh reading this thread - better even than the Portsmouth takeover one.

In spite of being an atheist I was bought up in the Methodist singing tradition and I've a suggestion for a song we can all sing at the end of the season:

For all the saints who from their labours rest,

Who Thee by faith before the world confess,

Thy name, O [insert current hero], be forever blest,

Alleluia! Alleluia!

Do we think mlg knew the ridicule his post would provoke? Or do you think he posted this thinking there would be broad agreement at the club's shocking behaviour?

I think he's got his head stuck so far up his rectal passage he's using his belly button as a periscope.

I've just had a jolly good laugh reading this thread - better even than the Portsmouth takeover one.

In spite of being an atheist I was bought up in the Methodist singing tradition and I've a suggestion for a song we can all sing at the end of the season:

For all the saints who from their labours rest,

Who Thee by faith before the world confess,

Thy name, O [insert current hero], be forever blest,

Alleluia! Alleluia!

I prefer Lord thy church on earth is seeking....

Do we think mlg knew the ridicule his post would provoke? Or do you think he posted this thinking there would be broad agreement at the club's shocking behaviour?

I think he posted it as a wind up and judging by the replies, he succeeded very well.

3727820.gif

Being that you have a rap sheet a mile long of you earnestly whining about religion in football on this forum, and as one of the single most humourless dullards this forum has ever known, I think you can rest assured that no-one, absolutely no-one, will believe you did this as a wind up.

Stick to your little computer game world. Life is much simpler there.

I think he wanted to formally register his opposition to what the club did and pretty much didn't care whether people agreed or not. I should mention that I would generally agree that religion should be kept out of football, but I interpreted the clubs announcement as a joke/pun and, therefore, inoffensive. I do remember getting into it with some folks last year are religious related arguments here, but don't remember what they were about right now. For whatever reason, those were important enough to me to take a stand. This wasn't.

I'm not sure if it's all world religions we should be hating or just Christianity.

I am pretty sure that it is all, not just Christianity.

I think he wanted to formally register his opposition to what the club did and pretty much didn't care whether people agreed or not. I should mention that I would generally agree that religion should be kept out of football, but I interpreted the clubs announcement as a joke/pun and, therefore, inoffensive. I do remember getting into it with some folks last year are religious related arguments here, but don't remember what they were about right now. For whatever reason, those were important enough to me to take a stand. This wasn't.

I am pretty sure that it is all, not just Christianity.

I look forward to hearing the argument you put forward to Rangers and Celtic fans.

In other news, MLG is quite clearly an attention seeking child who thinks he's clever.

I look forward to hearing the argument you put forward to Rangers and Celtic fans.

In other news, MLG is quite clearly an attention seeking child who thinks he's clever.

I think the violence and bigotry that has flowed out of the religious affiliations of Celtic and Rangers fans demonstrates quite clearly why religion should be kept out of football. The fact that I might have difficulty convincing a die hard Ranger or Celtic fan of this would in no way suggest that my point of view was wrong.

I think the violence and bigotry that has flowed out of the religious affiliations of Celtic and Rangers fans demonstrates quite clearly why religion should be kept out of football. The fact that I might have difficulty convincing a die hard Ranger or Celtic fan of this would in no way suggest that my point of view was wrong.

Never claimed you were wrong or right