Season ticket prices announced

manzo

I welcome the decrease having expected the cost to be frozen. I'm a ST holder in Kingsland & Northam corner. I'm fairly sure I paid £630 in 2014/15, £600 this season (maybe with early bird discount) and I'll pay £570 for next seasons ST. One of few expenses that are reducing year on year #CASHBACK.

I do think the club need to work on a strategy to attract new supporters so we are sold out at every PL game. Some of the attendances have been embarrassing (West Ham springs to mind when we had over 4000 empty seats). For this reason I very much welcome the 18-21 price bracket which looks like an absolute bargain.

Ok, would the people complaining about either a freeze or a reduction rather see an increase? If the answer is no then by implication todays prices are good news.

Some other clubs have reduced most prices substantially in light of increased income.

Mine is the same as last year, why should I be happy? I'm not upset, but I haven't been offered a better deal so it doesn't qualify as "good" news.

The reductions they have made are for the seats with the worst view to bring prices inline with what away supporters will pay to ensure no complaints from home fans.

Beyond that they could have done more given that they are about to get the highest amount of TV money ever and match revenue is a small part of their overall income.

No real complaints from me. Its not cheap, but not much Premier League football is.

Only thing the club should be looking at is sales in the unpopular areas of the ground for the lowest category games - these seem to be the tickets hardest to shift despite being the cheapest of all. Maybe a further drop for these.

No real complaints from me. Its not cheap, but not much Premier League football is.

Only thing the club should be looking at is sales in the unpopular areas of the ground for the lowest category games - these seem to be the tickets hardest to shift despite being the cheapest of all. Maybe a further drop for these.

I agree , when affordability of football is assessed often the moat expensive seats make the headlines but the true test should be cheapest seats available. I think the corners should be £25 for Cat C games like Arsenal do.

Attendances have been good this year we must be averaging nearly 31k and have had to sell extra tickets for quite a few games where away fans have returned a lot of tickets (like Newcastle where we've sold blocks 43 + 44 to home fans) , that might change next year if more teams bring the full allocation with the price cap.

I welcome the decrease having expected the cost to be frozen. I'm a ST holder in Kingsland & Northam corner. I'm fairly sure I paid £630 in 2014/15, £600 this season (maybe with early bird discount) and I'll pay £570 for next seasons ST. One of few expenses that are reducing year on year #CASHBACK.

I do think the club need to work on a strategy to attract new supporters so we are sold out at every PL game. Some of the attendances have been embarrassing (West Ham springs to mind when we had over 4000 empty seats). For this reason I very much welcome the 18-21 price bracket which looks like an absolute bargain.

You're easily embarrassed. Ignoring the half dozen or so big clubs, our attendances are some of the best in the country, certainly not "embarrassing". And "over 4000 empty empty seats" against West Ham is just bulls*t, one of our lower crowds, and loads of empty seats in the away section but still over 29k. With segregation the stadium capacity is under 32k.

With the new TV revenue, these part reductions are disappointing, particularly compared to what some other clubs are doing (you can buy a 2 year adult season ticket at West Ham which works out to less than half the price of our cheapest for a season) and there's still the option to watch for free at home, as many now do.

You're easily embarrassed. Ignoring the half dozen or so big clubs, our attendances are some of the best in the country, certainly not "embarrassing". And "over 4000 empty empty seats" against West Ham is just bulls*t, one of our lower crowds, and loads of empty seats in the away section but still over 29k. With segregation the stadium capacity is under 32k.

With the new TV revenue, these part reductions are disappointing, particularly compared to what some other clubs are doing (you can buy a 2 year adult season ticket at West Ham which works out to less than half the price of our cheapest for a season) and there's still the option to watch for free at home, as many now do.

West Ham's circumstances and ticketing situation isn't real a fair or realistic comparison to ours.

West Ham's circumstances and ticketing situation isn't real a fair or realistic comparison to ours.

You're right, not the best comparison in the circumstances, maybe just highlights what some will now pay to watch PL football, with several other 'cheapest' adult STs in the £300-£450 range.

It's a long time ago now, but I'm fairly sure my season ticket in the Chapel for our first season at St. Mary's was around the £500 mark? So if you are renewing an adult ticket there, they aren't actually all that more expensive than they were 15 years ago. Quite an eye-opener.

To be honest, my main concern for season ticket holders is that the TV scheduling is going to get even worse next year. Aside from the fact I can't afford a season ticket, it would do my nut in having to put up with rearranged fixture after rearranged fixture. It's much more of an issue than pricing in my opinion, especially for Saints fans who live further afield.

Anyone looking forward to Friday night football? Thought not.

Have an ST freeze/reduction seeing as there are going to be even more matches you probably can't get to as well. On the bright side, we'll give you discount on your 2017/18 ST if the match you can't make somehow miraculously sells out given that a bunch of others won't be able to make it for the exact same reason... if we can re-sell your ticket.

FWIW I think the prices are decent, when they've been "steep" the past couple of years. Fairly sure my Northam ST is now the same price as it was in 2012/13 when we first got back into the Prem, prior to at least one price hike since.

Edited by The9

Anyone looking forward to Friday night football? Thought not.

Have an ST freeze/reduction seeing as there are going to be even more matches you probably can't get to as well. On the bright side, we'll give you discount on your 2017/18 ST if the match you can't make somehow miraculously sells out given that a bunch of others won't be able to make it for the exact same reason... if we can re-sell your ticket.

FWIW I think the prices are decent, when they've been "steep" the past couple of years. Fairly sure my Northam ST is now the same price as it was in 2012/13 when we first got back into the Prem, prior to at least one price hike since.

Wouldn't panic - there are only 10 Friday night games so 50/50 chance we don't even have a home game.

Friday night games FAR better then games on any other weeknight. Better then a Sunday game too. In fact, the only day better then a Friday would be a Saturday.

yep, agree with this, Monday night away game on Sky - i'd struggle to justify time off with the impact of the rest of the week on work, however a half day on a Friday and it would seem an attractive fixture.

only 10 games next year so chances are we won't be on anyway though.

Friday night games FAR better then games on any other weeknight. Better then a Sunday game too. In fact, the only day better then a Friday would be a Saturday.

I agree they're far better than other nights (even better than Sunday afternoon in many ways), but they're still evening games on a working day and that's the thing that stops plenty of our fans being able to attend. I guess there may be fewer "away" as they're back for the weekend, but it's still not great.

I agree they're far better than other nights (even better than Sunday afternoon in many ways), but they're still evening games on a working day and that's the thing that stops plenty of our fans being able to attend. I guess there may be fewer "away" as they're back for the weekend, but it's still not great.

The worst is Monday though- no time off the following day and it's Monday games which I unfortunately can't ever attend, as well as Sunday afternoons usually

Friday's on the other hand would be brilliant as no work next day- but the best will always be Saturday 3pm!

Sunday is the day to rest 8) as one bloke said back in the 70s when being interviewed lol.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but they did say season tickets were on sale from today, just went on line to be get a message say season ticket sales suspended please try later.

They didn't get the reception to their marvellous magnanimity that they expected so have gone back to the drawing board and are working out how much they are going to lower ticket prices for the rest of us. Well, wishful thinking!

I've been a season ticket holder for god knows how long and every year I have an argument with myself about whether I can afford it and whether its worth the price but every year I end up renewing so a drop in price is a bonus really. It is what it is. Right, now I'm off to argue with myself about whether I can afford it.

I've been a season ticket holder for god knows how long and every year I have an argument with myself about whether I can afford it and whether its worth the price but every year I end up renewing so a drop in price is a bonus really. It is what it is. Right, now I'm off to argue with myself about whether I can afford it.

I know where you are coming from. I don't quite have that argument about affording it as I am fortunate to be able to. My argument is whether I still love football enough to buy one. This new TV deal and all the pundits saying people are going to be spending big and bringing in top players, with top managers, etc is something I am not sure that I like. But anyway I am likely to renew. I have even booked a function on 11th/12th November as England have a WC qualifier on 11th (against Scotland) so I won't miss a league game!!!!! Is that a bit sad?

I know where you are coming from. I don't quite have that argument about affording it as I am fortunate to be able to. My argument is whether I still love football enough to buy one. This new TV deal and all the pundits saying people are going to be spending big and bringing in top players, with top managers, etc is something I am not sure that I like. But anyway I am likely to renew. I have even booked a function on 11th/12th November as England have a WC qualifier on 11th (against Scotland) so I won't miss a league game!!!!! Is that a bit sad?

Seems only in this country fans get so excited about a bumper TV deal. It isn't handouts!

Spending more and getting the same.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/aug/28/tv-football-choice-rights-bt-sky

Nice touch from the club a personlised email from them with a video of Ronald thanking us for renewing.

Yes a nice touch....shame they go my name wrong. Used my surname as my Christian name and then spelt it wrong....although I appreciate the sentiment.

I have even booked a function on 11th/12th November as England have a WC qualifier on 11th (against Scotland) so I won't miss a league game!!!!! Is that a bit sad?

No, that's perfectly normal. What isn't right is when people selfishly book weddings and things on a weekend during the football season. They are the sort of scum that are ruining this country.

• 2 weeks later...

Just renewed. Was very pleased to find out I had a reduction of £48 for payback for games I couldn't attend this season. I'd forgotten about that so a real bonus. Well done Saints - a big reduction next year on the back of this. The only downside is that my lad won't be under 21 any more after next season so after 16 seasons of reduced prices we'll finally have to pay two adult prices!

Just renewed. Was very pleased to find out I had a reduction of £48 for payback for games I couldn't attend this season. I'd forgotten about that so a real bonus. Well done Saints - a big reduction next year on the back of this. The only downside is that my lad won't be under 21 any more after next season so after 16 seasons of reduced prices we'll finally have to pay two adult prices! ��

Well, at least someone used the ST resale option.

No, that's perfectly normal. What isn't right is when people selfishly book weddings and things on a weekend during the football season. They are the sort of scum that are ruining this country.

Weddings should be banned between August and May. And every other year in June.

Having said that, I will never let the wife forget that I missed the 2010 World Cup Final to get on a flight to the Maldives for our honeymoon (or that I missed the 3rd Place game for our wedding reception). :D

This year we're celebrating our anniversary by going to T in the Park, just realised the Euro 2016 Final is that day... and I'll be in Scotland, the only place in the British Isles that doesn't have a team in the competition. Bugger. :scared:

On the bright side, it's at least another 20 years until there's another tournament final on our anniversary.

Edited by The9

Ah bless. How sweet that they get all excited by a bit of joke promotion. As for the Dave Jones chap who thinks Notarf sells out every week, they haven't had a sell out all season (albeit pretty decent crowds most games) which is a surprise given their bestest status. In fact they haven't had a crowd of over 20k since playing Leeds in January 2011 (19879 vs us in Dec 2011), and I don't think that they have sold out since October 2009 vs Spurs.