Guess the New Sponsor

sir woody

Heard a rumour from a relatively well placed source yesterday that the announcement of a new sponsor was imminent

Three options were mentioned, one I can't remember, a foreign Betting Company and Virgin Media.

Whatever the outcome I hope the benefits will be good for the club.

Heard a rumour from a relatively well placed source yesterday that the announcement of a new sponsor was imminent

Three options were mentioned, one I can't remember, a foreign Betting Company and Virgin Media.

If we get virgin media does that mean we will have to adverts with Usain Bolt in a Saints shirt

Amnesia UK ?

Personally I hope it isn't as tacky as a betting company, but each to their own.

• 3 weeks later...
Which date does the current shirt sponsorship deal finish?

30th June 2016 ( http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50132-Veho-announced-as-new-main-club-sponsor-of-Southampton-Football-Club )

Will the new sponsor be announced prior to the 2016/17 shirt unveiling?

Don't know, but Veho were announced as 'sponsor elect' on 9th May 2014, if that's anything to go by.

I would be absolutely disgusted if it were a pay day loan company. The parasites of society. WHU got into a fair bit of trouble with them a few years back resulting in the deal being cancelled. Something to do with the company waiting outside works gates on pay day to make sure the punters paid...

I was only joking saying a big American pharmaceutical company although the discount on prozac might be useful too some of our fans.Honestly i have no clue who our main sponser will be.

Oh no!! He's denied it!! Means it must be true!!

God not a betting company, they are taking over football. Funny how the sports industry frowns upon smoking nowdays, and drinking, yet gambling is being pushed more than ever before.

We should be careful. Stoke's ground was called the Britannia which is a building society I grant you, but at least it sounds OK.

From august they are calling it the Bet365 Stadium.

If I were a Stoke fan I would be gutted. Talk about selling your soul....

the thought of thousands of .saints fans walking around with VIRGIN plastered across their shirts is quite amusing!

God not a betting company, they are taking over football. Funny how the sports industry frowns upon smoking nowdays, and drinking, yet gambling is being pushed more than ever before.

We should be careful. Stoke's ground was called the Britannia which is a building society I grant you, but at least it sounds OK.

They can call it what they like but it will still be the Britannia. Who calls Dean Court the Vitality Stadium? Or St Mary's back in the day the Friends Provident?

Bet365 actually own Stoke City FC, without them Stoke would be languishing in the lower divisions, so really I would expect their fans to be incredibly grateful for their stadium to be called that, not gutted

Really weird how people are so anti betting on the shirts.

Happy for under armour or adidas. Who pay about 6p an hour to someone in a shack to make the damn kit for us to pay £50 for part of it

That a non sequitur.

If you don't agree with a shirt manufacturer using low paid labour (I would be a little circumspect to think that they use "sweat shops") then don't buy the shirt. You have a choice.

The sponsor on the shirt, is a prominent image of the club. I guess if you disagreed with a certain company sponsoring us, then you could give up supporting, but that is somewhat different to not buying a replica shirt.

I would like to see a similar company to Veho, I think they have done a fantastic job as sponsors.

Obviously I know that the numbers involved will be significantly larger than Veho's deal but overall I think its been a good deal for both parties.

I'm going for an american brand name such as ' Acme '

What's your best guess

Virgin Media

If it does indeed turn out to be Virgin Media then I wonder if the club could do a deal with them to get superfast fibre optic wifi installed at the stadium?!

yeah that would be great. All the PL tourists, in their half and half scarves, can stream a Netflix movie while the game is on, check out other teams scores on their phone or carry out a face time conversation while all that boring stuff in between the goals is going on ...happy days