Guess the New Sponsor

sir woody

Because by being the shirt supplier they already have their name on the shirt and are paying Saints a great deal of money. Why would they fork out even more money that Saints could get from another source?

Probably for the same reason Reebok did that with Bolton for the best part of 10 years, main sponsor as well as kit supplier AND holding the naming rights for the stadium. They also did the same with Macron after Reebok stopped sponsoring them. So dor whatever those reasons were.

Garmin are the most logical choice, they're our 'official Fitness provider' right now, and they previously sponsored Middlesbrough in the Prem way back.

The potential for the red-top media to poke fun at us if things go awry in a match would be enormous. "Saints lose their way", or "Saints unable to find route to goal" spring to mind.

Probably for the same reason Reebok did that with Bolton for the best part of 10 years, main sponsor as well as kit supplier AND holding the naming rights for the stadium. They also did the same with Macron after Reebok stopped sponsoring them. So dor whatever those reasons were.

:lol:

Just a guess - Under Armour (and yes I know they are the shirt supplier), but why not sponsor as well?

Because by being the shirt supplier they already have their name on the shirt and are paying Saints a great deal of money. Why would they fork out even more money that Saints could get from another source?

That is one example out of thousands and thousands of sponsorship deals, it is hardly common enough to think Saints would do the same.

That is one example out of thousands and thousands of sponsorship deals, it is hardly common enough to think Saints would do the same.

It doesn't even have to have a precedent to be possible though does it, that's just a rule you made up. Also, there are precedents anyway.

And actually it's two examples. Reebok and Macron. I dare say I could come up with a load more as well if I could be arsed, but your rubbish point isn't worth the trouble. And remember, I'm the bloke who compiles lists of where ex-Saints players end up, of Yoshida screw-ups in every match, and recorded 80+ mp3s of Saints fan songs - but I think this isn't worth the effort. :)

Just a reminder of the original point.

To which the answer is "why wouldn't they, others have done"?

It doesn't even have to have a precedent to be possible though does it, that's just a rule you made up. Also, there are precedents anyway.

And actually it's two examples. Reebok and Macron. I dare say I could come up with a load more as well if I could be arsed, but your rubbish point isn't worth the trouble. And remember, I'm the bloke who compiles lists of where ex-Saints players end up, of Yoshida screw-ups in every match, and recorded 80+ mp3s of Saints fan songs - but I think this isn't worth the effort. :)

Just a guess - Under Armour (and yes I know they are the shirt supplier), but why not sponsor as well?

Think we have chosen well, at least as shirt supplier - I bought a few shares in UA after the deal was official and I am up 15% so far :-) Enough to fund a couple of trips to St. Mary's next season so well happy! Sadly it was nothing to with our deal but Curry and Spieth - but who cares (except maybe MLT, who seems to have alienated another "passive" poster on this site - different thread - btw MTL shirt sponsor gets you a much bigger image on telly, then the smaller shirt supplier logo - hope that helps?).

BTW - my broker thinks UA shares will grow another 30 to 40% in the next 6 months - NOTE - this not my view and I am in no way suggesting any investment opinion or any other action whatsoever.