The Mid-Week Games Thread

Wiggles31

1 1. Shouldn't make any difference

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

It's far from irrelevant. Would have meant that a draw on Sunday might have been sufficient to finish above the scousers and get at least 7th.

Finishing 6th would be nice, but even if we finish 6th or 7th, we'll need Man Utd to win the FA Cup. Finish 6th and Man Utd win, then we qualify directly for the group stages.

Not if we finish above Man Utd. 5th is looking distinctly possible as both Man Utd and Palace will rest players before the cup final and West Ham should struggle to do better than draw away to West Brom. In fact, we could finish just 2 points off a Champions League place.

It's far from irrelevant. Would have meant that a draw on Sunday might have been sufficient to finish above the scousers and get at least 7th.

OK. Makes a slight difference, but realistically the starting point on Sunday is a win for us.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Not if we finish above Man Utd. 5th is looking distinctly possible as both Man Utd and Palace will rest players before the cup final and West Ham should struggle to do better than draw away to West Brom. In fact, we could finish just 2 points off a Champions League place.

I'm assuming they will finish in 5th. Bournemouth at home should be a comfortable home win.

How?

Ok, there is a slight chance it isn't. If we beat Palace... we need either a Man U defeat at home to Bournemouth or West Ham not to beat Stoke, or Man U to beat Palace in the Cup Final.

To be fair, if we can't beat a Palace side who will no doubt be much changed and with one eye on the FA cup final, then we'd have no one to blame but ourselves, so you've gotta be happy with things as they stand, heading to Sunday.

Surely they will rest players at Stoke on Sunday?! They're 8th, knowing even a win could be meaningless, meanwhile a win 3 days later would guarantee them Champions League football.

Pay attention. West Ham are at Stoke not Liverpool. They are at west brom. What's wrong with people that's a great night for us. It's in our own hands whether we finish 7th or not and then if we win we need West Ham to not win at Stoke or Utd to beat palace in cup final to get in in 7th. Much better chance after that result. Cheer up.

Doesn't make any difference to us unless we're planning on losing and Liverpool win on the weekend anyway.

Wrong. A loss tonight would have meant a draw against palace would have been sufficient to finish ahead of Liverpool (barring them beating WBA by three goals).

Wrong. A loss tonight would have meant a draw against palace would have been sufficient to finish ahead of Liverpool (barring them beating WBA by three goals).

Yeah it clearly makes a difference if we don't beat Palace.

But our players, at home with a fully fit squad, must be confident.

I fully expect WH to beat Stoke but if in January anyone had said we would need United to beat Palace for European footy we would have bitten their hand off, so if that happens it has to be great.

Jesus you are miserable aren't you. That was a fab result tonight. We will win Sunday anyway and I think there's a good chance of Stoke not losing to West Ham. Even then we still have a chance with Utd. I'd have bitten ur hand off for that result tonight before game.

Yeah it clearly makes a difference if we don't beat Palace.

But our players, at home with a fully fit squad, must be confident.

I fully expect WH to beat Stoke but if in January anyone had said we would need United to beat Palace for European footy we would have bitten their hand off, so if that happens it has to be great.

I can't believe people aren't over the moon with that result tonight mate.

Jesus you are miserable aren't you. That was a fab result tonight. We will win Sunday anyway and I think there's a good chance of Stoke not losing to West Ham. Even then we still have a chance with Utd. I'd have bitten ur hand off for that result tonight before game.

His post is factually correct.