The Mid-Week Games Thread

Wiggles31

The Dell, Highbury, Maine Road... All stadiums which never got this sort if send off...

Coverage was disgraceful in all honesty, and coupled with the result it's been a poor night really.

However, we could still finish 5th, and the unlikelyhood of that gives me hope- if Leicester can win the league... We can finish fifth ;)

It would be funny for us to quietly slide in there un-noticed come teatime Sunday.

As long as we beat Palace and West Ham/Liverpool slip up in one of the remaining 3 games, then we will get at least 7th. Still very much on, just that the higher than 7th chance is a little slimmer now.

exactly this, before tonight we had four chances to finish 7th or above, we still have three left. Not sure we can rely on Chelsea but who knows ? 7th may depend on what sort of team Klopp puts out at Swansea on Sunday, three days before their Cup Final. You could argue we still have four chances now that Bournemouth beating United would help us, but as the Cherry pips are ****e I'm not even considering that.....have Bournemouth won since they beat us btw ?

of course we are assuming we will beat Palace.....

This is vomit inducing.....why is this live on the tellybox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all about re-positioning West Ham and the Olympic stadium as a huge success story complete with European Football and everyfink.

Switched off about 10 mins ago what on earth was that nonsense.

Not a fan of West Ham, just like the skates when it comes to banging on about history and support, selling 52k season tickets in Current climate in London is easy, but they didn't get anywhere near selling out the away end down here in Feb

I'm pleased we avoided this and gave the Dell a proper fans send off on the pitch.

I find people who don't want us to finish as high as we can odd? West Ham were always going to win that game tonight.

Seriously you think tonight was a good result? Weird. To finish 5th is pretty much impossible. Bmouth are awful at mo

Agree but not likely to happen as Bompey need to win on Saturday and they have given up after getting to 41 pts

So we need a draw or a Man U win to ensure a good chance of finishing above Westham

Bournemouth will go there to win, they could potentially jump up from 16th-12th on Sunday and it's United away, they won't make it easy for them.

Seriously you think tonight was a good result? Weird. To finish 5th is pretty much impossible. Bmouth are awful at mo

How is it pretty much impossible? Bournemouth win, West Ham lose OR draw, we win, Liverpool fail to win 2 games and we are there. Makes things interesting for Sunday at least. Hopefully Liverpool drop points tomorrow so one less result to worry about. Bournemouth is a long shot but United aren't great and it's not exactly 5000-1 that they'll win. Stranger things have happened.........Very recently :rolleyes:

I'm massively clutching at straws here but I do wonder if a combination of rested players, a flukey Bournemouth goal and frustration at finishing outside the CL places could maybe cook up a kind of toxic atmosphere that would cause an upset.

Don't think West Ham winning at Stoke is by any means certain either. In fact I'd be quite surprised if they did so. They had clearly put absolutely everything into tonight (as evidenced by them rolling over for Swansea) and I think a win against Palace will be enough to catch them.

Yeah Buddy! :thumbup::adore:

Everyone knows this already but Utd losing at home to Bompey? Come on, really? Bournemouth have been sh*te since they achieved relative safety a few games ago. They've lost 5 of their last 7 and the only team they beat was Villa. Just. If they win at OT I will have sex with Vanessa Feltz.

Everyone knows this already but Utd losing at home to Bompey? Come on, really? Bournemouth have been sh*te since they achieved relative safety a few games ago. They've lost 5 of their last 7 and the only team they beat was Villa. Just. If they win at OT I will have sex with Vanessa Feltz.

I have heard that Vanessa Feltz could take a Light House

This all reminds me of the days we used to huddle together and come up with the various permeations we needed to not be relegated.

At least this is fun in the good way.

5th beckons, euros beckons, we can only do what we can do, (which is spank Palaise by as many goals as possible) and wait to see what happens elsewhere.

I hate being in the hands of others

This all reminds me of the days we used to huddle together and come up with the various permeations we needed to not be relegated.

At least this is fun in the good way.

5th beckons, euros beckons, we can only do what we can do, (which is spank Palaise by as many goals as possible) and wait to see what happens elsewhere.

I hate being in the hands of others

I usually enjoy being in the hand of others ;)

But you're right, this is fun too. I don't know which match to watch tonight, Sunderland's never-to-be-forgotten greatest ever escape or biting my nails whilst Chelsea stuff Liverpool.

Well thanks for nothing Man U you useless, spineless bunch of jessies.

No doubt Chelsea will roll over at Anfield tonight. Another bunch of under acheiving overpaid twonks.

Chelsea will deffo roll over. They have nothing to play for.

But I have to scratch my head at Manyoos capitulation last night. Jesus, they were playing for a CL place and their manager's job...

Sad to see Morgan a shadow of his former self, btw...

Chelsea will deffo roll over. They have nothing to play for.

But I have to scratch my head at Manyoos capitulation last night. Jesus, they were playing for a CL place and their manager's job...

Sad to see Morgan a shadow of his former self, btw...

I think one of the players (Rooney?) said that they had been unsettled by the attack. They certainly took some time to get going in the match.

Appreciate that Adrian Durham isn't everyone's cup of tea and a bit of wind up merchant, but....

http://talksport.com/football/west-ham-united-why-lifetime-banning-orders-are-potentially-empty-promises-160511195360

It's never going to be replayed behind closed doors at a neutral venue. I do think though that the baying mob attacking the bus had to have had an effect on the players, so while he might be right about that (I disagree with intimidating the officials) the fall out would be just too big. Lawyers no doubt would be rolled out, and the whole thing would be messy, so much easier to let things stand.

How is it pretty much impossible? Bournemouth win, West Ham lose OR draw, we win, Liverpool fail to win 2 games and we are there. Makes things interesting for Sunday at least. Hopefully Liverpool drop points tomorrow so one less result to worry about. Bournemouth is a long shot but United aren't great and it's not exactly 5000-1 that they'll win. Stranger things have happened.........Very recently :rolleyes:

Like the man said pretty much impossible, it ain't going to happen whether you like to hear it or not.

Unlike Sullivan, here is one Utd fan who realised how "serious" the situation was. :mcinnes:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/calls-eamonn-holmes-apologise-after-11315358

Pretty stupid of him. I had typed up that I thought that I knew what he actually meant, but then I re-read it, and it was so weak that I thought it far better to not even go down that line.

But as for the Liverpool supporters complaining about being insensitive (rightly so in this instance), they obviously don't worry about the double standards they have with their attitude towards the 1958 Munich air crash.