Koeman to Everton?

Saint Charlie

Pretty poor of Everton to put a briefing like this out with the last fixtures approaching.

They don't have anything to play for, but we do and it has/will come a distraction.

They could have waited to Sunday night but I guess its in their interests to put it out there sooner.

Koeman's response tomorrow will be very interesting.

Pretty poor of Everton to put a briefing like this out with the last fixtures approaching.

They don't have anything to play for, but we do and it has/will come a distraction.

They could have waited to Sunday night but I guess its in their interests to put it out there sooner.

Sometimes wish we were as ruthless with the media.

So many clubs use it as a way of getting player/manager they want.

Us? Barely anyone knows of our transfer deals until the players signed pen to paper and we tell the news.

Tbh wouldn't be surprised. Our board other than vvd don't seem to get over the line with new contracts. Hope I'm wrong

Doesn't all this come from the Liverpool Echo saying he is "interested" without a single quote or sentence to back it up? It's already been posted on the other Ron thread. Looking at the comments section on that article even Everton fans are asking where the "interested" quote comes from. The article says that De Boer is interested, that's it.

I'm guessing that the press have jumped all over it as they do. We are the gift that keeps on giving since Summer '14, a regular annual fixture like I'm a celebrity or X Factor.

I would have thought Ron would have bigger fish to fry.

Anyway, if he goes there who replaces him? All seems weirdly coincidental that De Boer left Ajax today.

Have you actually found any chatter that Koeman is interested yet?

I do NOT for 1 second believe Koeman would leave us for Everton.

But that's just my take on it.

But if he IS considering it then he can clear his desk and F*** off RIGHT NOW.

I sincerely hope he doesn't leave as I want to see him here for the long term.

I also do not believe for ONE second that VVD would have signed that contract that he's just signed without him and

Koeman having words on the direction of the club.

As of this moment I'm calling b**sh*t on it.

But that being said..it is football..money is boss and stranger things have happened.

$0.02

P.S why the OP keeps starting these "doom and gloom" threads before the ceiling has caved in is beyond me.

At least wait for it to cave in first.

Have you actually found any chatter that Koeman is interested yet?

Liverpool Echo:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ronald-koeman-interested-everton-managers-11325894

John Richardson formerly of the Express:

@riccosrant: Told once again that Ronald Koeman is definitely on Everton's short list - and he is interested. Sorry you Saints fans.

As I said, not saying I agree/believe/like. Just posting it.

Tbh wouldn't be surprised. Our board other than vvd don't seem to get over the line with new contracts. Hope I'm wrong

£100M is funded by sales of their players, according to the papers!

TBF was just my gut reaction, hadn't looked at what the papers had said. Even if it was a full £100m without player sales that still doesn't guarantee you'll get quality and the teams they'll be trying to catch up to (the Man City's, Man Utd's and this season apart the Chelsea's) will have just as much if not more spending power anyway.

Liverpool Echo:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ronald-koeman-interested-everton-managers-11325894

John Richardson formerly of the Express:

@riccosrant: Told once again that Ronald Koeman is definitely on Everton's short list - and he is interested. Sorry you Saints fans.

As I said, not saying I agree/believe/like. Just posting it.

This constitutes lots does it? Good-o.

P.S why the OP keeps starting these "doom and gloom" threads before the ceiling has caved in is beyond me.

At least wait for it to cave in first.

He loves starting threads and likes to get as much attention as possible.

Us? Barely anyone knows of our transfer deals until the players signed pen to paper and we tell the news.

what about Oxo and all the Fonte "I've spoken to him about coming back to saints" articles a week or two back ...

Fonte? Steve Davis?

Contracts are easy to do assuming the person your giving the contract to wants to stay at saints......otherwise it's a bit harder

It almost certainly hasn't even come from Everton.

There are layers and layers of brokers and agents chatting multiple layers of sh it that the papers are happy to hoover up.

I would think Everton probably won't even bother appointing anyone for at least two weeks anyway, it won't be before Sunday so that's many days of backpages to go between then and now.

People needing to see the club "doing something" in the bloody papers is just mental, especially when multiple times over the last season we've seen pretty much the same people whining about "...

and they said talks with Clyne were progressing and look how that turned out!!!!!".

On balance it's sensible for the club to say as little as flipping posible.

It almost certainly hasn't even come from Everton.

There are layers and layers of brokers and agents chatting multiple layers of sh it that the papers are happy to hoover up.

I would think Everton probably won't even bother appointing anyone for at least two weeks anyway, it won't be before Sunday so that's many days of backpages to go between then and now.

People needing to see the club "doing something" in the bloody papers is just mental, especially when multiple times over the last season we've seen pretty much the same people whining about "...

and they said talks with Clyne were progressing and look how that turned out!!!!!".

On balance it's sensible for the club to say as little as flipping posible.

Plus surprise signings out of the blue are more fun..

Mods = please help me feel sorry for myself.

Take that as a no then, haha.

I find it pretty funny to be honest. People get so worked up about it. If someone else had started the same topic it would probably have a whole different set of replies.

Its worthy of discussion, there is nothing wrong with the OP, people just don't like the story, which is totally understandable.

Would far rather read about Koeman signing a new contract. Hopefully he does.

One might hope that RK clears this up tomorrow either by saying he doesn't know anything about the "rumours" and is staying at Saints, or that he is interested in the Everton job.

Absolute cast iron guarantee he is not going to say the second thing tomorrow, even if he has spent his entire life dreaming about being Everton manager.

One might hope that RK clears this up tomorrow either by saying he doesn't know anything about the "rumours" and is staying at Saints, or that he is interested in the Everton job.

He sure as sh*t stinks needs to say something.

Because those backpages above are a complete media clusterf*ck.

And he should be MASSIVELY insulted if that stuff isn't true,

If he isn't insulted then he should be and equally if he says nothing..that tells it's own story.

Because he should feel f'ng obligated to make a statement if none of it has any substance at all.

He sure as sh*t stinks needs to say something.

Because those backpages above are a complete media clusterf*ck.

And he should be MASSIVELY insulted if that stuff isn't true,

If he isn't insulted then he should be and equally if he says nothing..that tells it's own story.

Because he should feel f'ng obligated to make a statement if none of it has any substance at all.

Leg not healed up then?

Doesn't make a huge amount of sense for him to go there. He might get paid more, but if he wants to take over at a properly big club, then the damage that he can do to his reputation at Everton is rather a lot more than what he is doing at Saints. Of course if he went there, he might do rather well, but the risk......

Don't see RK going with a year left on his deal unless the club shift him out. He's got a history of sticking to contracts no?

Everton's new owner more likely to consider Pellegrini in my opinion. Title winner with some knowledge of forming high-priced team, which is what they would be looking to do with a big cash injection.

But if Lukaka and Stones are going, Barkley must be a question as well, and Leighton Baines close to his last legs, why would you look at Everton as a desirable gig?

FWIW Chief Football Writer of The Telegraph:

@JBurtTelegraph: 100pc spot on again from the brilliant Chris Bascombe. I'm told Koeman is tempted https://t.co/zi0jYRRSFZ

Told by whom? Another journo? I'm not in the business of dismissing things willy nilly, but there's a reason sports journalists are the vaguest sons of b*itches going. Incidentally, today I read in the Guardian that Liverpool were favourite to sign Ousmane Dembele because Klopp had spoken to him on the phone, a few hours later he'd signed for Dortmund (although he'd probably decided/signed days ago), and that information was specific. Same can be said of Renato Sanches and Manchester United. Point being, until something actually happens, let's try not to get into too much of a frenzy :p

F*cking timing of the leak is atrocious though. Given the coverage (multiple newspapers, similar quotes, language, etc), one might suspect people have been fed information by Everton, but would a club really be so stupid as to leak their transfer budget for the coming transfer window? I can't see it. Perhaps the journos have just shared the information...but it still feels as though there is a central source to me - I just can't explain the uniform nature of the information combined with the timing of the release (but then it is 2am). Maybe someone's preemptively trying to shut the home crowd up before Saturday (quell the booing).