Koeman to Everton?

Saint Charlie

That's pure speculation on your part. Maybe Ron just likes scousers, Maybe he fancies nights out on the razzle with Klopp he might have always wanted to live in Cheshire....if he moves I doubt we will be any the wiser as to why.

Don't forget the humour. No one can match that

Whoever we get in, it would be a massive blow for Koeman to perceive Everton as a better option just now than Saints.

That would be more annoying than when Pochettino left for me, because of the destination and current performance of the two clubs.

Hopefully his chats with Reed go well and Krueger leaves them to it - he is so cringeworthy talking about football.

But ultimately it comes down to money and how much Saints are willing to put in.

Well this is all hypothetical, but I agree if Ron decides to leave us for Everton then yes, that looks bad, but on the other hand if it's the club that are pushing Koeman out because they intend to replace him with a top quality manager then it looks more positive for us.

Fact is, we don't know what has gone on behind the scenes, I believe Ron when he says he intends to honour his contract, but the board may not be happy with him going into his final year without an extension. Then there was the talk of dissatisfaction with Ron according to Guan. There could be a stand-off, a stalemate situation. Who knows. Just hope this sh*t is sorted soon.

No, I believe the newspapers will publish any old rubbish at this time of the year, especially when there is eff all else to report.

We all know big clubs use newspapers to try and effect a team psychologically.

Why would this be any different?

Bit of doublethink going on here. Are Everton using the press to affect Koeman and the club, or is it 'any old rubbish'? It can't be both.

If Everton have told the media they want Koeman, then that is a story, like it or not. That's not newspapers conspiring to unsettle Southampton, it's Everton conspiring to unsettle Southampton and newspapers, understandably, reporting it. Everton are the ultimate source on what Everton want and what they're willing to offer Koeman.

The other aspect is the line that Koeman's interested. That won't have come from Everton (no one would print it if it did, no matter what you think) but could be from all sorts of intermediaries, perhaps even someone at Saints.

That's pure speculation on your part. Maybe Ron just likes scousers, Maybe he fancies nights out on the razzle with Klopp he might have always wanted to live in Cheshire....if he moves I doubt we will be any the wiser as to why.

[video=youtube_share;2_FmADVggCk]

Edited by shurlock

Maybe some one should point out Leicester to him seeing as they are the new poster boys for PL success....

...or point out how Everton bravely held on to their stars and gave Martinez the most money to spend of any Everton manager, rather than dicking their manager like the useless Southampton board, so he could break the record of fewest home wins in a season.....

Bit of doublethink going on here. Are Everton using the press to affect Koeman and the club, or is it 'any old rubbish'? It can't be both.

If Everton have told the media they want Koeman, then that is a story, like it or not. That's not newspapers conspiring to unsettle Southampton, it's Everton conspiring to unsettle Southampton and newspapers, understandably, reporting it. Everton are the ultimate source on what Everton want and what they're willing to offer Koeman.

The other aspect is the line that Koeman's interested. That won't have come from Everton (no one would print it if it did, no matter what you think) but could be from all sorts of intermediaries, perhaps even someone at Saints.

Why not? The Everton source could have had contact with Koeman (or more likely his agent), learned that he was interested, and briefed the papers accordingly.

Why not? The Everton source could have had contact with Koeman (or more likely his agent), learned that he was interested, and briefed the papers accordingly.

They could have done, but journalists won't take that as a good enough source on its own. Not the ones that have been reporting it, anyway.

It's conceivable Everton said he was interested and a few journalists rang round contacts closer to Koeman to corroborate. They'd need to hear it direct from a source like an agent.

Maybe some one should point out Leicester to him seeing as they are the new poster boys for PL success....

...or point out how Everton bravely held on to their stars and gave Martinez the most money to spend of any Everton manager, rather than dicking their manager like the useless Southampton board, so he could break the record of fewest home wins in a season.....

I can see how the latter would be a mighty big carrot, couldnt you...

Who thought this was all part of a Liverpool conspiracy, pal?

Someone posted that they thought this story could be an article destabilising us on purpose before the game. I've provided additional evidence to support their theory. If you read back through the thread you can find out who who said it.

Depends also what the real ambition is and how much the Club are really going to put in to keep improving.

Will the money around in the PL lots of teams will spend big and eventually that tells. West Ham for example will probably not lose any of their best players (unless there is an unlikely about turn on Payet) and will probably spend near £50m.

If we sell Mane and Wanyama, will we spend much on top of what we get in for them? If not then realistically that will tell at some stage and Koeman may feel that it will get more difficult for him to keep doing well.

He will know that VVD aside the signings last summer havent really come off.

If Reed and the Club feel its an "easy way out" to lose Koeman to a PL side below us for the last two seasons at least then I think that is pretty disappointing. Arsenal, fair enough. But Everton wouldn't send out a good message to players & fans and others within the Club IMO.

You keep peddling this (nonsense), and yet in 'spite' of our new signings having played 30.1% of the total available minutes, we're on course for another record breaker.

It's a discussion for another thread, but what about Romeu, Martina, and Stekelenburg hasn't come off(?) And to for the sake of argument, if they haven't come off, then he's responsible too/anyway (he wanted Clasie, and he would have had to sign off on Juanmi and Cedric - both of whom were emerging internationally recognised talents at the time).

Urrr, before saying that he is off, annoyed, staying, happy, a man of integrity or whatever, why not wait until after the press conference today. I am sure that he will have an opportunity to say something, and I am sure that he will be asked.

You keep peddling this (nonsense), and yet in 'spite' of our new signings having played 30.1% of the total available minutes, we're on course for another record breaker.

It's a discussion for another thread, but what about Romeu, Martina, and Stekelenburg hasn't come off(?) And to for the sake of argument, if they haven't come off, then he's responsible too/anyway (he wanted Clasie, and he would have had to sign off on Juanmi and Cedric - both of whom were emerging internationally recognised talents at the time).

[emoji106]

Urrr, before saying that he is off, annoyed, staying, happy, a man of integrity or whatever, why not wait until after the press conference today. I am sure that he will have an opportunity to say something, and I am sure that he will be asked.

I'm sure he'll say it can wait until after Palace.

Someone posted that they thought this story could be an article destabilising us on purpose before the game. I've provided additional evidence to support their theory. If you read back through the thread you can find out who who said it.

The entire crackpot spectrum is represented here. You'll find an opinion for anything on here. Of course, nobody put those words in Ron's mouth unless he was in on the conspiracy too. Also your pronouns need a bit of work.

Ron is a man of integrity, he wont break his contract unless it's by mutual consent. The board has the power to offer him a big transfer kitty and ultimately deliver on the keeping of players if they want to get him to extend his contract slightly. There have been noises and enmity between the board and Ron during our bad run but none of us know how serious that will be in the grand scheme of things, most people don't like their boss but accept that they have the right to have a niggle when performance isn't good but this is THE Ron Koeman and may feel his pride was damaged by it.

One question that there is no answer for though: If Koeman agrees to leave by mutual consent, why the **** would he go to Everton? Even Ajax is more likely... surely? Everton is sideways or backwards to anyone who isn't stuck in the mentality that the Prem hierarchy of 10 years ago is still valid.

What's all the ******** being spouted? That nearly all nationals are leading with the same story?

This is a properly valid point.

I also find it just a bit strange that despite Deboer having just actually walked out on Ajax, yet it's Koeman the one being linked.

The similarity between the all the nationals (pretty much) are a bit too similar for it to be some Journo sitting in his office with his finger up his ar*se going "hmmm what can I spin today".

So I really don't think this is the work of one singular Journo.

Something has been leaked somewhere and SFC, preferably Koeman himself, need to either confirm it or deny it.

Even better, do what Poch did and sign an extension, because that's the only way you can shut the media up in situations like this.

I think the next 24hrs will be telling. Because no way can we go into the Palace game with BS still in freefall.

Did I say it never happened at saints? You're the one who was doing the everton sales pitch, pal.

I simply pointed out that Koeman has said on record he wanted to see more ambition in recruitment and transfer policy -and that this window was an important one. Ask him if Forster's extension meets this ambition. FWIW I think it's excellent news.

Incidentally, is it significant that Koeman is posing in one of the player contract renewal photos? Would he be bothering with such PR if this story was as advanced as some feel? Devil's advocate.

Not significant in the slightest. He's the manager and the season isn't even finished.

Not significant in the slightest. He's the manager and the season isn't even finished.

Why bother if his departure is imminent? I certainly don't think Les Reed would be thrusting Koeman around if he *knew* he was off. For me (rightly or wrongly), it adds credence to the idea that this story is all very preliminary (which is probably the general consensus anyway, although the ubiquity of the press coverage/this thread has lent itself to something of an unstoppable avalanche sensation :p)

Did I say it never happened at saints? You're the one who was doing the everton sales pitch, pal.

I simply pointed out that Koeman has said on record he wanted to see more ambition in recruitment and transfer policy -and that this window was an important one. Ask him if Forster's extension meets this ambition. FWIW I think it's excellent news.

Well at least we can agree on something sunshine.

Why bother if his departure is imminent? I certainly don't think Les Reed would be thrusting Koeman around if he *knew* he was off. For me (rightly or wrongly), it adds credence to the idea that this story is all very preliminary (which is probably the general consensus anyway, although the ubiquity of the press coverage/this thread has lent itself to something of an unstoppable avalanche sensation :p)

Because he's the manager and it's his job.

You don't need to look around for proof that this is in its early stages. We know Everton want Koeman, are willing to offer him so and so and will approach him at the end of the season, just like Saints. No one is suggesting an imminent departure.

passive-aggressive.jpg

@JWTelegraph: New 5yr deal for Fraser Forster. Southampton still optimistic of getting Koeman to commit, although his hand rather stronger this morning..

from Jeremy Wilson who usually gets all of our media exclusives from the club

He's one of the better ones and is usually on the money. I would suggest Koeman's agent has taken this opportunity to play a blinder and get him the best contract he can ;)

What a bunch of bedwetting pansies on here.

If nothing else, you should have learnt your lessons from the last 2 years: namely, the club is not dependent on 1 player/manager/person. Even if there are any legs to this story (and why would Everton be a step up - we have finished ahead of them twice and are on an upward curve while they are going backwards) the club will have a plan in place.

Still guess all these players signing long extensions is a horrible ploy by the Board to make as much money as possible in the summer.

Bit of pragmatism is needed.

1) He's not going to be with us forever.

2) if you take Wenger out of the equation, the average tenure of a PL manager is 1.29 years (Oct 2015 figure)

3) if he did leave (we'll see if he does), then as washsaint says, the club will survive.

4) Everton are a bigger club than us, albeit not in such a nice part of the country ;)

5) I am much more excited/interested in Forster extending his contract

2) if you take Wenger out of the equation, the average tenure of a PL manager is 1.29 years (Oct 2015 figure)

3) if he did leave (we'll see if he does), then as washsaint says, the club will survive.

4) Everton are a bigger club than us, albeit not in such a nice part of the country ;)

I don't want to argue with you but I just still don't understand this mentality. Who cares whether a team is richer? Has more fans? and so on if they for the last couple of seasons been consistently ****ter in results and placement? If a managers average tenure is 1.29 years (and players must be about double that on average) then surely it is a hell of a lot more sensible to base their transfer destinations on a clubs current quality over last two seasons and not some made up calculation using nostalgia, fan numbers and past glory, that spans back 100 years into an age when the modern game of football is barely recognisable.

'Bigger club' is pretty much meaningless these days. All managers will be interested in is the size of their contract, how much they have to spend, the level of competition they are in and what I would call the 'health' of the club. Saints for instance would be seen as very healthy. Newcastle and Leeds who change managers like they change their socks, maybe not so much.

So are Villa and Newcastle but I bet managers would see us as a more attractive option.

Could any "leaks" be coming from Koeman's camp? Just trying to extract the best deal and package he can from the board over the next couple of years?

Seems most likely to me. It's time for him to talk about a new contract with the club having another PL "interested" in him gives him a much stronger hand if the club want him to stay.