Koeman to Everton?

Saint Charlie

I don't think Koeman will go to Everton anyway.

All I did was mention the possibility which is also what virtually every national paper has on their back page today.

Try another "potential bad news one" might get one right eventually:lol:

I can't see Koeman going to Everton.

See out his contract with us, and take over at Arsenal after that. I keep saying it.

Everton can pick from Benitez, Pellegrini, De Boer, and a host of others including their exes Brendan Rogers and David Moyes!!! I'm sure Brendan would love to go up against Liverpool with their neighbours.

Edited by the saint in winchester

The everton fans are some of the most deluded i have ever come accross.... used to like them as well. Think they'll be flirting with relegation in a few years without quality investment and a good manager anyway. Regardless. check these out rofl:

"He'll definitely leave them. His track record as a player and manager is one that generally indicates he doesn't stick around for long anywhere. He hasn't signed an extension, and that tells me he's on the lookout. Also, we're obviously an upgrade in Southampton. Take the last two seasons out as a Martinez-led anomaly, and we're a massively bigger club."

"Agreed. I said in the other thread that once again we're looking to employ a manager who has to step up to our level. Regardless of league positions these last two years I think even Soton fans will agree Everton is a step up for Koeman."

This one is a gem:

"Aye.We should be looking at the likes of Mourinho and Pellegrini, not Koeman and De Boer. But we're in a scenario where we haven't shown ambition on and off the pitch for a long time, so it's difficult to attract top drawer candidates on that basis. At least the shortlist is better than Martinez, Stubbs and Neville this time around."

"But we sure as heck have moved on from the starting position with our last two appointments, when we moved for the coaches of Preston North End and Wigan Athletic.

The response to this was - "To be fair Southampton isn't that much bigger a club to come from either." followed by... I'm with you: bit underwhelmed but not enough to vote "no"...gone for the rabbit on toast option"

"Would be a side ways move for Everton I think. Not impressed by him really. Should be looking bigger with more upside. If mid table is what we want then yes go for him."

:lol:

That's genuinely quite funny from Everton fans there. Utterly delusional.

If Koeman's manager of Everton at the start of next season, I'll make a £50 donation to charity, forum's choice.

I've just read through a couple of pages of the thread on their forum and it's quite amazing to be honest

I wonder how many questions there will be about Everton & Koeman's contract today...

Prediction: 'I have a year left on my contract with Southampton, I will talk about my situation with the board after Sunday.' Thats it simple as, been said a million times, but you are right they will still ask because there is **** all to talk about and silly season has to start somewhere. Thank **** there is a tournament to slow down the bull**** train this summer.

I've just had a quick read of their forum and whilst a few of them at least make some good points, by the most they are horrendously delusional. Actually laughable at times.

I really hope they read this forum then re read their thread from another clubs perspective. Everton would be a backwards step for Koeman. History is nothing anymore. We are a better team, are richer, are competing for European football and have far better facilities than them.

Because he's the manager and it's his job.

You don't need to look around for proof that this is in its early stages. We know Everton want Koeman, are willing to offer him so and so and will approach him at the end of the season, just like Saints. No one is suggesting an imminent departure.

Posing for photos is his job? Since when was Koeman a Page 3 girl? ;) It's been suggested that he signed with Everton two weeks ago :lol: At any rate, we don't really know anything. You seem nailed on convinced that Everton (the club) are the source, but I cannot countenance why a club would leak their own transfer budget (short of being complete amateurs).

The key to this could be de Boer's resignation, especially as he and Ron share an agent.

De Boer has clearly resigned as his agent as told him he will be working in the Premier League next season.

Logic says de Boer has quit to take the vacant Everton post, and it's already been offered to him.

Either that, or Saints have had the nod from Koeman's agent that he is not going to sign, and they have moved to line de Boer up, and he has left Ajax to take up our vacancy.

These things don't happen overnight. All parties - Everton, Saints, Ajax, Koeman, de Boer, agents - would have known for some while - probably since Everton's semi-final defeat - that Martinez would be fired.

Everton would have put the first tentative feelers out, and the rest of the pieces would have fallen into place.

I'd be very sorry to see Ron go, but it we are going to lose a manager, this summer is as good as any, with some very good ones floating around.

Also, if I was a manager going to Everton, I would want some assurances that the reported £100m war chest does not include the proceeds from the sale of the team's spine; Stones, Barkley and Lukaku could all conceivably go this summer.

Regardless of the wealth of Everton's new owner, if Chelsea slap down enough cash for Stones, he will want away. Like Morgan, he will consider he gave Everton an extra season and his reward should be a move.

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

#saintsfc Ronald Koeman just told me that he is not interested in Everton job & intends to honour his contract #efc

But, but, but.......the Liverpool Echo said........

Anyway, great news, puts that one to bed straight away.

And.........breathe :rolleyes:

Koeman does not deny anything and doesn't say he's staying at the ongoing press conference for the Palace game.

Normal sort of play - I am manager for one more year on my contract and next week there is a chance to discuss future before I go on holiday.

So - when the board fail to make funds available and announce which of the best players are off in the summer (an undeniable proven track record since & including PottyChino leaving) we should worry.

But of course the Board are going to job on to our best players and give Koeman a significant fighting fund to push on into the Champions a league next season aren't they?

All eyes on Les, Mizz Liebherr and Ralf next week.

Time to invest. Time to show ambition. Time to build. Time to secure our excellent management team.

Most important week in Southamptons recent history might be next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder what they are saying on the EFC forum now [emoji23]

One just said, he said yes but his body language said something different.

First time I've had the pleasure to read their forum, deluded.

Koeman: "I am going on holiday 1 week after the end of the season and everything can be sorted before I go away. We can get things done that quickly" (or words to that effect)

This sounds to me like there are just loose ends to tie up before signing a new contract.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/ronald-koeman.88144/page-25

Here is a link. Some of their fans :facepalm:

I will say that Everton are historically a bigger club, but what does that mean?

Yes they won 9 leagues or whatever, but right now, in this moment in time, we are doing better than them.

They also said that we 'recently spent time in League 1', so what is his point... Is he saying we will go back there again?

Everton fans fast reaching the delusion levels of WHU.