Koeman to Everton?

Saint Charlie

Koeman seems perfectly happy and finds it completely acceptable to just go:

"huurrr durr..well I signed multiple 1 year roling contracts with Feyenoord so it's no big deal".

Ermm Ronald, that's not what the fans want to hear, that's not how it works in England.

It's not really acceptable considering the CONSIDERABLE amount of press speculation.

The fans want assurances and I swear to god..that's completely lost on him.

You didnt listen to the solent interview then?

You didnt listen to the solent interview then?

I haven't no. tbh.

Was it much different to what he's said so far?...

Because all I'm seeing so far is:

"We'll sit down next week and talk about it"

..and...

"It's normal, I signed multiple 1 year extensions with Feyenoord..it's normal".

If there was a major doubt around Koeman s immediate future, players wouldn't be signing long team contracts surly?

Not that I think he is off but even Koeman said players are more loyal to the club then the manager (paraphrasing a little but that was his point).

As gutted as I would be if Roko left you have to hope that all the club PR about being bigger than any individual and having a plan is true. After each of our last few managerial changes we have continued to do well and the hope is that we would not fall apart on Koeman leaving. The expectation was we would do so on Poch and Cortese et al doing so but we didn't.

Though your point is a reasonable one, if there was considerable worry about a managerial change and the future direction of the club you would not expect clever agents to be signing up good talents to the club for such long deals.

I haven't no. tbh.

Was it much different to what he's said so far?...

Because all I'm seeing so far is:

"We'll sit down next week and talk about it"

..and...

"It's normal, I signed multiple 1 year extensions with Feyenoord..it's normal".

What he actually said was he signed rolling one year contracts in Holland, but he's in a very different situation now.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Radio or tv? Any links? Cheers

https://audioboom.com/boos/4565223-listen-saintsfc-boss-ronald-koeman-with-bigadamsport-on-everton-his-own-future-final-day

Good interview from Ronald.

Basically, future will depend on the talks next week but he fully intends to be here next season.

Hopefully the Club can show him he should stay beyond that (or at least sign to stay beyond that).

https://audioboom.com/boos/4565223-listen-saintsfc-boss-ronald-koeman-with-bigadamsport-on-everton-his-own-future-final-day

Good interview from Ronald.

Basically, future will depend on the talks next week but he fully intends to be here next season.

Hopefully the Club can show him he should stay beyond that (or at least sign to stay beyond that).

Thanks

So we are effectively in a similar position to where we were with Poch, albeit without the backroom change around.

But effectively the talks will need to show Koeman an amount of ambition that he wants, he is a man that wants to succeed and compete at the top level. We have already shown that we have the ability to acquire and gel top players and coaches for less than a lot of top clubs are able too.

Its not like Im asking us to spend 100m pounds or anything stupid or unsustainable, but we could fall behind, what with West Ham now able to up their spending etc

Personally I dont think we are too short, a top level striker and probably a decent CB and AM to potentially replace Davis and Fonte moving forward and we'll still be a solid side.

Failing to keep hold of Koeman may say as much about our ambition than anything else

Hi, Everton fan here.

Just wanted to first off, congratulate you lot on a great season. To finish top 6 shows what a job Koeman is doing considering you've been pilfered of your best players for the last few years.

Straight to the point, I think most Evertonians would love Koeman to be at Goodison. After Mourinho/Pellegrini - who seem unlikely but you never know - then I don't think there's many other realistic options that would almost guarantee improvement. Emery, maybe, but who knows if he'd leave Sevilla. De Boer would be a gamble though he's a big name in the game.

For me, after Mou (dreamland, probably), Koeman would be my ideal choice.

Some Evertonians have questioned his record which, in fairness, has been rather up and down. However, I'm firmly of the belief that if you learn from your mistakes then they only make you stronger. It's what Martinez's main failing is/was - his inability to adapt and change top the situation of the games and we've stagnated over the past two years.

Koeman got off to a flying start with you but I think his best attribute this season has been to try different things but mainly always adapt on a game-by-game basis. That's exactly what we need right now if we're to get back to where we want to be and to make the most of the good young players we have.

Many Evertonians do seem to struggle with the idea that really, at this moment in time should Koeman move to Everton it could be considered a sideways step.

While Everton are a bigger club traditionally (and in recent years), the fact remains that quality wise the two sides are very similar, though it has to be said the EFC team has drastically underperformed in the past two seasons while Southampton seem to have been playing consistently at their best for large parts of each campaign.

So, I can understand the views of Saints fans if they felt that it would be unreasonable for Koeman to want to leave for Everton.

I think, at the end of the day should we move for Koeman, it will come down to

A) ambition of the respective boards. EFC are now actually in a position with the new majority shareholder to build. We'll have a sizeable transfer kitty, most likely made larger by sales of Lukaku and Stones (I believe only a 'big name' appointment like Mourinho would keep both of those at the club, unfortunately)

B) money on offer in terms of wages

C) Southampton again looking to sell their best players (or, at least, the best players looking to leave) - e.g. Mane, Wanyama

It's going to be very interesting to see and I wanted to garner your views, and put the EFC perspective across. It can all get very petty about which club is bigger etc, but really it won't come down to history etc if Koeman does decide to join us - if indeed we are in for him.

If you sell Lukaku and Stones then for Koeman that would just be the same as us selling Mane and Wanyama.

Koeman may likely not stay at Saints beyond the final year of his contract (he won't leave before then) but when he leaves it will be for a more traditional big club I think. His and Wenger's contracts expire at the same time and that seems his most likely destination to me.

Everton even with a bit of money are not going to be a regular CL team. Neither are Saints. He will move to someone who is.

If you sell Lukaku and Stones then for Koeman that would just be the same as us selling Mane and Wanyama.

Koeman may likely not stay at Saints beyond the final year of his contract (he won't leave before then) but when he leaves it will be for a more traditional big club I think. His and Wenger's contracts expire at the same time and that seems his most likely destination to me.

Everton even with a bit of money are not going to be a regular CL team. Neither are Saints. He will move to someone who is.

I think the priority for EFC has to be to get the job of appointing a new manager done quickly.

I suppose only he then would be able to have a chat with the players. Personally I think Koeman's style suits both Lukaku and Stones down to a tee. Neither of them are ready for a huge move yet despite what they might believe, and a talk with a new manager may be what is needed.

However, if Stones goes, we'll get £40mil. If Rom goes, it'll be £50mil. Mad valuations but that is the going rate. So combined if they both left that's £90mil plus for whatever new man comes in. All that money is going to be put back into the playing squad, which hasn't been the case in the past.

Looking at it from another fans' pov, I completely agree about him waiting another year to move to a perceived 'huge' club like Arsenal, or a CL regular. But I think if Koeman genuinely feels like he cannot succeed at Sotton next year and he feels his stock may fall in that time so he would then be out of the running for a big job, he would seriously consider any hypothetical offer from Everton.

Hi, Everton fan here.

Just wanted to first off, congratulate you lot on a great season. To finish top 6 shows what a job Koeman is doing considering you've been pilfered of your best players for the last few years.

Straight to the point, I think most Evertonians would love Koeman to be at Goodison. After Mourinho/Pellegrini - who seem unlikely but you never know - then I don't think there's many other realistic options that would almost guarantee improvement. Emery, maybe, but who knows if he'd leave Sevilla. De Boer would be a gamble though he's a big name in the game.

For me, after Mou (dreamland, probably), Koeman would be my ideal choice.

Some Evertonians have questioned his record which, in fairness, has been rather up and down. However, I'm firmly of the belief that if you learn from your mistakes then they only make you stronger. It's what Martinez's main failing is/was - his inability to adapt and change top the situation of the games and we've stagnated over the past two years.

Koeman got off to a flying start with you but I think his best attribute this season has been to try different things but mainly always adapt on a game-by-game basis. That's exactly what we need right now if we're to get back to where we want to be and to make the most of the good young players we have.

Many Evertonians do seem to struggle with the idea that really, at this moment in time should Koeman move to Everton it could be considered a sideways step.

While Everton are a bigger club traditionally (and in recent years), the fact remains that quality wise the two sides are very similar, though it has to be said the EFC team has drastically underperformed in the past two seasons while Southampton seem to have been playing consistently at their best for large parts of each campaign.

So, I can understand the views of Saints fans if they felt that it would be unreasonable for Koeman to want to leave for Everton.

I think, at the end of the day should we move for Koeman, it will come down to

A) ambition of the respective boards. EFC are now actually in a position with the new majority shareholder to build. We'll have a sizeable transfer kitty, most likely made larger by sales of Lukaku and Stones (I believe only a 'big name' appointment like Mourinho would keep both of those at the club, unfortunately)

B) money on offer in terms of wages

C) Southampton again looking to sell their best players (or, at least, the best players looking to leave) - e.g. Mane, Wanyama

It's going to be very interesting to see and I wanted to garner your views, and put the EFC perspective across. It can all get very petty about which club is bigger etc, but really it won't come down to history etc if Koeman does decide to join us - if indeed we are in for him.

I'd say Lukaku and Stones would be a bigger loss to Everton's first XI than Wanyama and Mane would be to ours so I think the last part of A and C cancel each other out at the very least.

IMO, it would take a promise of an enormous budget from the new shareholder for Koeman to leave us for Everton. As others have said, I'm not sure he'll stay long term but would imagine he'd have his eyes on a Champions League regular.

I think the priority for EFC has to be to get the job of appointing a new manager done quickly.

I suppose only he then would be able to have a chat with the players. Personally I think Koeman's style suits both Lukaku and Stones down to a tee. Neither of them are ready for a huge move yet despite what they might believe, and a talk with a new manager may be what is needed.

However, if Stones goes, we'll get £40mil. If Rom goes, it'll be £50mil. Mad valuations but that is the going rate. So combined if they both left that's £90mil plus for whatever new man comes in. All that money is going to be put back into the playing squad, which hasn't been the case in the past.

Looking at it from another fans' pov, I completely agree about him waiting another year to move to a perceived 'huge' club like Arsenal, or a CL regular. But I think if Koeman genuinely feels like he cannot succeed at Sotton next year and he feels his stock may fall in that time so he would then be out of the running for a big job, he would seriously consider any hypothetical offer from Everton.

Everton's squad is already some distance behind Southampton in terms of quality, despite Everton fans making out that it is all down to Martinez.

There really is little incentive for Koeman to move to a club that has a weaker squad than he currently has at Saints and no European football. Even if Everton give him a big budget, he would be playing catch up to get the squad to Saints' level, let alone overtake them.

Everton fans also overlook with the Liebherr family we also have a billionaire owner, a more modern stadium than Goodison, an extremely good academy and have spent £40m improving the training ground.

Koeman has ruled out leaving this summer so Everton won't be getting him. When Koeman leaves it'll be to a Champions League side. He probably has eyes on the Arsenal job when Wenger's contract expires or his old club Barcelona.

History and "bigger" club is irrelevant. Koeman is managing in 2016 not the past and there is little incentive to leave Saints for Everton in 2016.

I'd say Lukaku and Stones would be a bigger loss to Everton's first XI than Wanyama and Mane would be to ours so I think the last part of A and C cancel each other out at the very least.

IMO, it would take a promise of an enormous budget from the new shareholder for Koeman to leave us for Everton. As others have said, I'm not sure he'll stay long term but would imagine he'd have his eyes on a Champions League regular.

The budget as it stands mate is supposedly fairly sizeable. Nothing insane but enough to get started, let's put it that way!

The caveat there is that if Koeman comes in but Stones and Rom do go, then it's not actually a hit to his system - as he's never had them anyway, so it wouldn't as such be devastating to his team.

I personally don't see Everton as a viable option for Koeman, the noises from his side suggest he wants to commit to us and he's just waiting for us to approach/finalise things. I honestly think you'll end up with De Boer if I'm honest.

C) Southampton again looking to sell their best players (or, at least, the best players looking to leave)

From a historical perspective, you need to delete the bit outside the brackets and replace it with the bit inside the brackets. However, looking forwards rather than backwards, two of our best players have just committed to new 5 and 6 year contracts so it looks like the tide is starting to turn.

The budget as it stands mate is supposedly fairly sizeable. Nothing insane but enough to get started, let's put it that way!

The caveat there is that if Koeman comes in but Stones and Rom do go, then it's not actually a hit to his system - as he's never had them anyway, so it wouldn't as such be devastating to his team.

so, Koeman could leave saints as we sell our best players. To join Everton who would sell their best players?

how is that progression?

I don't think Koeman will leave this year. He seems to be under the impression that as he is contracted here for 1 more year then that is that. Whether he extends for 1 more year or goes will depend on whether the club has the same ambition as he has. We need to keep key players, extend contracts and give him money to spend or he probably won't extend his contract (and rightly so). If we don't match his ambition then he is too good for us.

I was impressed with Everton as you were having some great finishes but this season has been poor.

Although Everton are a bigger club, isn't Koeman too good for you? (In the nicest way possible). Poch, as much as I hate to say it is a very good manager. An ars****e but a very good manager. He took us to 8th then f*ed off to Spurs. We lost our chairman, manager (tw*t), captain (wan*er), top goal scorer (to a very long term injury), our talisman who was our previous season top goal scorer, our star young left back, our new top centreback (pri*k) and a good young right back. Koeman came in and took us to 7th... a place higher than Poch and did it after we'd been completely raided. Then we lost our other very good right back, our star defensive midfielder and were unable to tie down our very good centreback (who we had on loan to replace the other very good centreback). Then we finished higher again (either 6th or 5th still unconfirmed until after tonight). It's quite clear Koeman is a step up from Poch who is now a Champions League manager. Everton are traditionally a bigger club than Saints and should be way into the top half, but Koeman (if he decides to go) should be managing in the UCL or challenging for titles.

I don't see Everton as a step up from Saints (right now anyway) and certainly not a massive step up. Although we aren't in the big time yet, if we prove we are doing everything we can to, then he might stay. If not I think he'll go somewhere where they're already a big club and not a (usually) very good club with ambition (like Everton). That aside, Evertons transfer budget (although impressive) would be partially funded by selling quality players. Money is everywhere in the prem, finding quality is the hard part. I'd rather be needing 1 or 2 extra signings than having a boat load of money to find half a team (particularly as anyone you sell 9 times out of 10 will go to a rival club above you) and not another league.

I think Koeman is most likely using the Everton job as leverage to consolidate his position, power and transfer kitty at Saints.

While Everton has a modicum of size advantage it is very much a root and branch rebuilding job similar to Koeman has done at Saints. That's a very risky proposition even if he's being offered a large amount of money to do it. Hence why i think someone like De Boer who is pretty much in the Koeman(pre Saints) position is much more of a likely option.

That's not to say it's completely impossible for him to decide what's being offered by Saints isn't sufficient and go for the nuclear option.

I'd have to agree that Everton's current problems stem from more than just RM. Look at the team which played their most recent game against Norwich:

Howard - Off

Pennington - Unproven

Jagielka - Turns 34 over the summer

Stones - Might be off

Baines - 31

Barry - 35

Dowell - Unproven

Davies - Unproven

Lukaku - Might be off

There is obvious quality in the squad with Stones, Rom and Barkley. Mirallas and Delefo... Duffel... Deuleo... Spanish matey have their moments but that squad is well behind where I consider Saints to be at the moment. There are a fair few aging players who need replacing to add to the ones mentioned above; Hibbert, Kone, Pienaar, Osman.

Koeman will be here at least another year. The board will back him and we nolonger will be selling off our assets. We will tie down key players will make a marquee signing and will bring in 2_3 decent additions. We will then push on! :) Everton can do one....

• 3 weeks later...
The only 'chatter' is in your head with your imaginary best mate.

Joey Barton said Everton should go for him on talksport earlier. So the "chatter" he is on about is one Bellend talking nonsense on the radio. Still give Charlie another chance to peddle his agenda.

You need to do a bit better than this Charlie.

no you said chatter that he was interested. not chatter that everton were interested. idiot.

Have you actually found any chatter that Koeman is interested yet?

Shame that this one has come to fruition but a lesson to play the post not the poster.

Let the #meltdown2016 begin.

And you'll be lapping it up.

But there won't be any meltdown. We know what we're doing, if it happens then we'll get ourselves another well respected manager and go again. We're in a wonderful position if he stays or goes. No meltdown here.

You effing love it.

I'm gutted about Koeman. He has been brilliant for us.

But there is definitely a thing on this forum where you get a negative reaction for even posting a link suggesting someone will leave etc.

Saints will be fine but its equally fine to admit that this is a blow rather than putting out the "we will get someone better" line which has no doubt started.

And you'll be lapping it up.

But there won't be any meltdown. We know what we're doing, if it happens then we'll get ourselves another well respected manager and go again. We're in a wonderful position if he stays or goes. No meltdown here.

Lets hope we do as the PR piece in the Telegraph yesterday claimed that no one even bothered meeting about the prospect of Koeman going to Everton :lol:

Lets hope we do as the PR piece in the Telegraph yesterday claimed that no one even bothered meeting about the prospect of Koeman going to Everton :lol:

Reads very smugly in hindsight. Lets hope we did bother to put feelers out on a replacement.

There is a growing confidence at Southampton that the old order so rudely shaken up by Leicester City is changing for them too. For instance, Everton’s interest in appointing Ronald Koeman was considered so unlikely to tempt the Southampton manager that key figures at the club cannot recall there even being a meeting about it. The polite answer being that they would not expect to lose a player to Everton, and certainly not their manager.