Koeman to Everton?

Saint Charlie

Also, how much power do we (as a club/or any club really) hold over managers and their contracts? I've always been under the impression that it's *much* easier for a manager to leave, because the 'buying' club simply needs to buy out the remaining contract (I may be *way* off) of said manager (assuming the manager wants to leave, etc). Or are we able to rebuff advances in some way? (short of offering a fresh improved deal)

Look, why not back off and leave us to discuss this. It's a rumour in the national press and this is a football forum.

Don't bite. Everyone knows he is a wum just let it be. Anyone who is petty about the difference between lots and a few is simply looking for an argument.

Personally I think this is one of those **** stiring rumours that someone leaks in the hope of creating some havoc. The question is why?

If it is Everton then its pretty funny. They are not above us in the food chain. That said it could be a case of their owners trying to appease the fans. It shows ambition and will make the fans happy. Right up until they appoint someone like Hughes or Mclaren.

Then their is us. I can't see that being the case for one second. It could possibly be Koemans agent trying to show our board he is in demand and they need to match his vision. It's clear he said in the past he doesn't want to rebuild every summer. If he loses a few of the squad or has been told a few have to go it will naturally **** him off and he could walk. Everton did stand up to the big clubs even after massive bids came in. If someone offered us £50m would we reject it? Based on the current boards history I doubt it.

I'm not sure which is more likely but it is an interesting story and one that is in most papers today. To just pass it off and ignore it is a bit silly. It will most likely be total ******** but in a way it could help us. It could make the board speed up contract talks with RK.

FWIW Chief Football Writer of The Telegraph:

@JBurtTelegraph: 100pc spot on again from the brilliant Chris Bascombe. I'm told Koeman is tempted https://t.co/zi0jYRRSFZ

They say similar all the time. Backing their colleagues.

Remember Suarez to City from one bloke and almost to a man journos were saying he has impeccable sources and never wrong blah blah.

And bit harsh on Charlie. Thread clearly has merit and papers are all leading with it. De Boer still favourite though.

My hatred of Everton slightly eased recently with Martinez. If Koeman went there would be back off the scale.

Story was posted last night on the Liverpool Echo. They were told by an unnamed source. Obviously simply very coincidental that Liverpool need us to lose on Sunday to get Europe with out winning the europa league.

Doesn't smack of a destabilisation story at all.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

And bit harsh on Charlie. Thread clearly has merit and papers are all leading with it. De Boer still favourite though.

Of course it is worth discussing, but it is always the same poster who posts with an almost gleeful relish all the negative stories about the club. To me at least, it gets ****ing boring, hence why he is temporarily on ignore. He may well stay like that until the close of the transfer window in September.

And Koeman should wait form Arsenal job after next season.

Heard on the radio that Arsene is going to get a 2 year extension.

usually i am open minded about press speculation as it comes from somewhere other than the minds of a journalist. But I really cannot see this coming off

Probably a little nudge from Everton to push De Boer along in signing for them (which I think he will)

There's clearly something in this , it's not a made up story or some sort of plot to destabilise our Europa League qualification. The press have gone big on it because somebody credible wants them to and until it becomes clear who that somebody is , nobody will know whether this has legs or not . It could be Ron or his people putting pressure on us to resist selling Vic or Mane . It could be Everton putting pressure on their target to commit , " we have others interested " . It could be Everton distracting people to get their target in under the radar ,or appeasing their fans before the last game by chucking a name into the ring. It could be that Les & CO see this as a way of pushing Ron out the door , with him attracting the flak rather than them . Maybe they don't want constant " will he-wont he " speculation next season . However , it could be that Everton want him and he's interested.

Whatever happens , let's hope it's dealt with quickly and without everybody losing their heads and going into meltdown mode . Ron's done a good job, but if he wants to go to Everton , he can **** off as far as I'm concerned . With all the money swimming around in the English game the 7th/8th best team in the country would be able to pick up a pretty decent replacement

but if he wants to go to Everton , he can **** off as far as I'm concerned . With all the money swimming around in the English game the 7th/8th best team in the country would be able to pick up a pretty decent replacement

I'm in this boat, a lot of good managers around at the moment I'm sure we would be able to get in as a replacement.

Would rather RK stayed though, save a lot of time fannying around looking for a new manager/backroom team.

usually i am open minded about press speculation as it comes from somewhere other than the minds of a journalist. But I really cannot see this coming off

Probably a little nudge from Everton to push De Boer along in signing for them (which I think he will)

FDB vs RK. On paper, FDB has won more (4 league titles in Netherlands) but RK knows the league.

People come, people go. We have a 5 year plan (apparently) so if he isn't signed up to it, so be it. If he does decide to go, good luck to him and I hope he doesn't go the way of many of our players who think that the grass is greener elsewhere.

The messenger (especially if he bears bad news) always gets shot on this forum, it's an occupational hazard. Some Saints fans just won't countenance anything negative said about the club, even if it's true. Unfortunately this particular story being reported by just about everyone might have legs, so today's presser is an ideal opportunity to quash things, if indeed it is just journalistic hogwash. Whatever I just hope Koemans future either way is sorted.

The messenger (especially if he bears bad news) always gets shot on this forum, it's an occupational hazard. Some Saints fans just won't countenance anything negative said about the club.

Cause and effect.

I would venture that most 'speculative' stories are by their nature, going to be 'negative' in some shape or form. Cage rattling stories sell; lovey dovey 'everything is tickety-boo' stories don't.

Take yesterday for example. Two stories about Koeman... One from the Liverpool Echo linking Koeman with the Everton job (according to a mystery 'source') and another article penned by Simon Peach where VvD says he's convinced Koeman with stay at Saints.

I wonder which one of those stories made the back pages this morning...?

Its human nature to disbelieve negative stories that appear to hold no tangible substance. A bit like when the media publish a negative story about Jeremy Corbyn, for example, some people's natural reaction is to automatically disbelieve it.... ;)

Edited by trousers

Story was posted last night on the Liverpool Echo. They were told by an unnamed source. Obviously simply very coincidental that Liverpool need us to lose on Sunday to get Europe with out winning the europa league.

Doesn't smack of a destabilisation story at all.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Good point and you could be right Nolan.

I just wish Koeman could reply at his press conference today 'Same old bull**** to derail our season from the so called big boys.'

The messenger (especially if he bears bad news) always gets shot on this forum, it's an occupational hazard. Some Saints fans just won't countenance anything negative said about the club, even if it's true. Unfortunately this particular story being reported by just about everyone might have legs, so today's presser is an ideal opportunity to quash things, if indeed it is just journalistic hogwash. Whatever I just hope Koemans future either way is sorted.

What part of this story is something negative said about our football club?

Look, why not back off and leave us to discuss this. It's a rumour in the national press and this is a football forum.

That reply was very specifically to someone asking the forum moderators to shut this thread down. My conclusion was that this was a mental thing to do.

As someone else pointed out though the op seems to take great delight in being the messenger.....

No Charlie is a "Meltdown" veteran who has spent the last two summers wallowing in the press attempts to paint the club in a bad light. I remember having run ins with him on here and it must be a source of annoyance to him that the last two meltdowns have actually seen the club progress upwardly.

Just remember stories like this -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2540218/Liebherr-dream-wrecker-How-3bn-heiress-whos-never-shown-football-ousted-man-Saints-fans-believe-again.html

No Charlie is a "Meltdown" veteran who has spent the last two summers wallowing in the press attempts to paint the club in a bad light. I remember having run ins with him on here and it must be a source of annoyance to him that the last two meltdowns have actually seen the club progress upwardly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2540218/Liebherr-dream-wrecker-How-3bn-heiress-whos-never-shown-football-ousted-man-Saints-fans-believe-again.html

If you actually think any Saints fan would be genuinely unhappy about the Club doing well then you are mad. You can't have "run ins" on a web forum FFS.

This is an internet forum. Everything is over hyped, spun, over thought etc, provocatively debated etc. Otherwise it would be boring. If you met CB Fry in real life he wouldn't try to pick holes in the way you said "hello" to him.

When I saw the Koeman to Everton stuff I knew people would have opinions hence why the thread has a lot of responses in a short time. Its a big story for Saints fans even if it is made up media drivel.

My OP even says that I don't think it will happen personally.

Summer's Annual Meltdown ritual has begun early and in earnest on the south coast. At least it is fun if we apply some gallows humour.

Clear case of Everton's PR people briefing the media yesterday to help force the issue. I think we are going to lose Ron, but the Board will have a back up plan.

Christ, I fecking hate Merseyside. Gotta go up there on business Monday, think I might take my rifle...

So Frank de Boer and Koeman have the same agent and are both on Everton's list. Koeman said he was going to discuss a new contract this summer. Does this not smack of Koeman's agent creating a bit pressure to get better deal for his client? and then the Agent will get de Boer the job at which ever club misses out on Koeman?

After the last few summers I don't tend to dismiss press stories to easily but in this case I just can't see Everton as a good move for Koeman. If this story was Koeman to Arsenal or Chelsea I'd expect him to be gone within days but Everton really can't be more attractive than us right now can they?

Oh...it's still going on. I hoped that when I woke up Ron would have killed the rumour by using his twitter account. Would be easy to do wouldn't it? All over the papers. End it in a second.

Thinking this is from his side now -specifically his agent.

So Frank de Boer and Koeman have the same agent and are both on Everton's list. Koeman said he was going to discuss a new contract this summer. Does this not smack of Koeman's agent creating a bit pressure to get better deal for his client? and then the Agent will get de Boer the job at which ever club misses out on Koeman?

After the last few summers I don't tend to dismiss press stories to easily but in this case I just can't see Everton as a good move for Koeman. If this story was Koeman to Arsenal or Chelsea I'd expect him to be gone within days but Everton really can't be more attractive than us right now can they?

Doesn't make sense in that the club have been trying to tie RK down, so no need to play hardball as he already has the upper hand. Getting FdB a cracking contract would be more the case. Funny how he resigns from Ajax saying he would like to go to PL like somewhere like Everton and people go with it.

Summer's Annual Meltdown ritual has begun early and in earnest on the south coast. At least it is fun if we apply some gallows humour.

Clear case of Everton's PR people briefing the media yesterday to help force the issue. I think we are going to lose Ron, but the Board will have a back up plan.

Christ, I fecking hate Merseyside. Gotta go up there on business Monday, think I might take my rifle...

I think if we did lose Ron to Everton then people would have a right to wonder what he has been told by Les and Ralph.

Personally I don't think he will go there.

Also don't think this thread has really gone into meltdown mode at all. Most people seem quite "meh" about the reports, which at this stage is all they are.

I think if we did lose Ron to Everton then people would have a right to wonder what he has been told by Les and Ralph.

Personally I don't think he will go there.

Also don't think this thread has really gone into meltdown mode at all. Most people seem quite "meh" about the reports, which at this stage is all they are.

It is all jolly good fun.

I can't help but think of what Guan 2.0 posted the other day about Ronald not being happy about a meeting with the board when things weren't going so well in the middle part of the season, and then how the club might be looking to go in a different direction followed by the tease that K Billy might know more. Although Les at the player awards (see the clip) said he hoped for a quieter summer, he also wasn't exactly lauding Ronald in the same way he did with Poch the other day in the 'media'.

I know people don't want to believe the media but the sheer volume of coverage about this suggests there may be something in it and maybe the leadership at the club isn't worried because it has other plans and Ronald knows he's on his way out. It seems we could do with employing a PR company though to make sure the press see us more favourably than a plucky little south coast club ripe for being picked all the time.

Spot on IMO. Agent doing job for clients, Ron won't have any more net money to spend there and would only have £100m - and it only says maybe as much as - if Stones, Barkley and Lukaku go. How would he any better off than his first summer here? His agent is trying to push Saints on giving him a bumper deal and transfer budget. If Ron does go, De Boer is very likely to be on our shortlist and a chance for agent to double money.

Would be sad to see Ron go but if he does, since the takeover, we've appointed some superb managers. I reckon we'd go for Benitez but Pellegrini wants to stay in England and can see him being interested.

So no panic from me.

I can't help but think of what Guan 2.0 posted the other day about Ronald not being happy about a meeting with the board when things weren't going so well in the middle part of the season, and then how the club might be looking to go in a different direction followed by the tease that K Billy might know more. Although Les at the player awards (see the clip) said he hoped for a quieter summer, he also wasn't exactly lauding Ronald in the same way he did with Poch the other day in the 'media'.

I know people don't want to believe the media but the sheer volume of coverage about this suggests there may be something in it and maybe the leadership at the club isn't worried because it has other plans and Ronald knows he's on his way out. It seems we could do with employing a PR company though to make sure the press see us more favourably than a plucky little south coast club ripe for being picked all the time.

Absolutely. Ron's successor will be waiting in the wings and we will be delighted, I am sure.

Not read all the ******** being spouted on this thread. My view Ron has something a lot of people in football severely lack - integrity - he'll honour his contract so is not going anywhere soon

What's all the ******** being spouted? That nearly all nationals are leading with the same story?

Not read all the ******** being spouted on this thread. My view Ron has something a lot of people in football severely lack - integrity - he'll honour his contract so is not going anywhere soon

The point is, it is not any good him seeing out his contract, if he won't sign an extension he has to go this summer!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

So those pics of Poch and Ferguson that appeared in the press where fakes...

Jeez. The ones from about 3 days before he signed the new 5 year contract that he already announced the week before that he would be signing imminently?

Of course they weren't fakes.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-news-mauricio-pochettino-tottenham-sir-alex-ferguson-meeting-a7025306.html

Glad i am not the only one who has Charlie worked out....Meltdown promoter

Oh...it's still going on. I hoped that when I woke up Ron would have killed the rumour by using his twitter account. Would be easy to do wouldn't it? All over the papers. End it in a second.

Sometimes denying something that might not be true can add fuel to the flames as there will inevitably be people that then disbelieve the denial and conclude that it actually adds weight to the story. A damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. #humannature

Jeez. The ones from about 3 days before he signed the new 5 year contract that he already announced the week before that he would be signing imminently?

Of course they weren't fakes.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-news-mauricio-pochettino-tottenham-sir-alex-ferguson-meeting-a7025306.html

Exactly so wasn't just wishful thinking of a few people on here then....

So those pics of Poch and Ferguson that appeared in the press where fakes...

No but it just shows how adding 2 + 2 = 5

Any job that comes up in the Prem will see Koeman linked after the job he has done here for two years.

If they all choose to ignore his numerous repeated "i will be Southampton manager next season, of course" quotes thats up to them, its because it doesnt suit their agenda.

The only way he will leave this summer, in my opinion, is if the club get rid of him because he wont extend his deal beyond the end of next season. And i'm not convinced they would even do that unless their number 1 target for when RK does finally go is available this summer.