Saints vs Sparta: Match Thread

Hamilton Saint

Martina having a stormer of a game, my MOTM tonight not just for his assist but he has played some very dangerous balls this game. If he isn't too fatigued give him a start in the League this weekend. Ditto Austin as an out and out striker like tonight.

He'll be on the banner before sunrise.

For those wondering about formation or those thinking we are not playing the diamond, we really are! Tadic is in the middle of the front 3. Although Long and Austin appear to be rotating. The key issue that's appearing to me is the confidence of the players to play a 1st time pass forward. The diamond is providing triangles to allow short passes but that pass rarely happens, a 2nd touch is taken and then more often the ball goes back. But I can see how the diamond could work and effectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What on earth has happened to Long? He's been awful tonight.

He's having a very typical Shane Long performance really...

Being a proper nuisance to the defenders, making intelligent runs and getting himself into really good attacking positions, then completely going to pieces when he has to actually do something with the ball.