Quincy Promes

CB Fry

I wouldn't pay much attention to the summer deal waffle. Wouldn't expect there's anything in that, just makes it look a bit better in an initial PR sense.

If there was a proper agreement for the summer, then we'd have shouted about it. But there isn't. More ********.

I had an initial burst of optimism but no, I’m not really buying what the club’s selling on this issue.

Why is that do you think...offer an opinion for once...are you happy with the squad and recruitment policy for the last 18 months?

He's not here to talk about football he's the bad opinon police , just moans about others moaning !

So its Les` fault then?

But its not is it, it`s spartak calling the shots but blame the club anyway....

I hope the club haters clear off elsewhere...

I'm no club hater but if we don't sign a decent player today whilst sitting second from bottom of the league you have to admit the club have failed it trying their best? You never just have one iron in the fire, surely spending two weeks trying to sort this the club knew the situation, I very much doubt Sparta left it until today to say they want the full amount up front. Should have said "See ya then" and worked with a reasonable club. Obviously if we do sign someone this evening then it could be a saving grace.

So Spartak wouldn't sell becuase they couldn't get a replacement first..I mean is that allowed? I just assumed it wasn't....other wise why the **** don't we do that...

Our business canny board would rather tell the world how much money we’ve got. Run by absolute clowns from top to bottom.

We could have (like spurs done) brought in all our targets first (first week of the window), then sign the deal for VvD. If they honestly thought VvD was the issue and reason why we are soo ****, they are even more deluded than I thought.

So its Les` fault then?

Of course Spartak are calling the shots, that's a given. The club's (i.e. Les) ability to recognise when a transfer is possible is ripe for scrutiny. As soon as Spartak even mentioned wanting 35m in one lump (which Blackmore's tweet would suggest we knew a "while ago") we should've been looking elsewhere. We should've been able to ascertain whether this would cross the line at least a few days ago, given that we've known a) what we need, and b) how much we have to play with, for a month now. Most clubs in our mini-relegation league have to haggle costs as much as possible due to tight budgets, we had the luxury of the VVD sale, and even with that advantage, we've fluffed up.

Of course Spartak are calling the shots, that's a given. The club's (i.e. Les) ability to recognise when a transfer is possible is ripe for scrutiny. As soon as Spartak even mentioned wanting 35m in one lump (which Blackmore's tweet would suggest we knew a "while ago") we should've been looking elsewhere. We should've been able to ascertain whether this would cross the line at least a few days ago, given that we've known a) what we need, and b) how much we have to play with, for a month now. Most clubs in our mini-relegation league have to haggle costs as much as possible due to tight budgets, we had the luxury of the VVD sale, and even with that advantage, we've fluffed up.

Sensible post.

So its Les` fault then?

The issue is there doesn't seem to have been much in the way of planning after Walcott happened. As soon as that happened we should have got this done ASAP, and if it looked unlikely move onto another option.

So is there no chance that this move could still be resurrected before the deadline tonight. I know he's playing for Spartak atm in Spain but there's still a chance surely!!

No...you just have to let it go. We won't give them what they want which is all of the due money and so it's off. We're probably trying to fob them off with 10 million or so 3 times and they probably can't get credit to buy a replacement .

So is there no chance that this move could still be resurrected before the deadline tonight. I know he's playing for Spartak atm in Spain but there's still a chance surely!!

I guess it could be back on if he doesn't injury himself. All the risk is with the player and Spartak (assuming he wants to come here and they are happy to sell). Seems unlikely.

In my opinion the board have royally cocked up from day one of the transfer window.

Liverpool have badly wanted VVD and he badly wanted to go.....do not sell your best player until you have replacements signed...otherwise you are asking for a disaster.

We then wasted...what was it £19 million on a striker none of us have heard of that last played 90 minutes of football god knows how long ago!

This money could have and should have been used to get PROMES in....a fast winger is whats needed....we have an excellent striker in Gabby if the service is provided.

Carrillo will now be starved of service like all our strikers have been this season...(he will now bang a hatrick this evening!)

This whole season has been shambolic and we will be going down without any doubt.

So it turns out we’ve bid his clause, but in order to activate it, it needs to be upfront - we are refusing to pay up front :lol::lol:

Mr GAO obviously doesn’t realise that the cash cow slows significantly when you’re in the championship

In my opinion the board have royally cocked up from day one of the transfer window.

Liverpool have badly wanted VVD and he badly wanted to go.....do not sell your best player until you have replacements signed...otherwise you are asking for a disaster.

We then wasted...what was it £19 million on a striker none of us have heard of that last played 90 minutes of football god knows how long ago!

This money could have and should have been used to get PROMES in....a fast winger is whats needed....we have an excellent striker in Gabby if the service is provided.

Carrillo will now be starved of service like all our strikers have been this season...(he will now bang a hatrick this evening!)

This whole season has been shambolic and we will be going down without any doubt.

The mistake was (with hindsight admittedly) keeping vvd through the summer window. This left us with a want away, underperforming and disruptive player. This also prevented us from purchasing the players we needed to balance the playing squad and has left us panicking in this window.

Surely they would accept 50% now and 50% next season...? Especially as they have now brought in another player. We should have hijacked that move if they were not going to sell to us.

Why ? They don't want to sell him anyway so why accept payment on the never, never? It was up to us to stump up the full amount. If we couldn't then don't mess about.

So it turns out we’ve bid his clause, but in order to activate it, it needs to be upfront - we are refusing to pay up front :lol::lol:

Mr GAO obviously doesn’t realise that the cash cow slows significantly when you’re in the championship

He's probably regretting the initial outlay already anyway. Still think it was dodgy myself.

Very few clubs pay full fee up front as they are not paid up front, scousers didn't so we probably can`t either

how ironic that Spartak are not selling because they do not have a replacement lined up?

Why do we not employ these same tactics instead of always buying after we sell?

because VvD was the reason we are shyt. now that he has gone.......

remember rumours that Fonte was supposed to be an arse 12 months ago when we failed to bring anyone in

Why is that do you think...offer an opinion for once...are you happy with the squad and recruitment policy for the last 18 months?

NO!! and have posted opinion several times and if you read i am only condemning the abuse and childish bile aimed at certain individuals as being ott

Some are actually enjoying our difficulties too... can you believe it Ron ?

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Gab Marcotti discussed release clauses on his podcast. They are basically the player buying out his contract . There's a case in china at the moment . The Chinese government have imposed a 100% tax on foreign players worth over £5 million to clamp down on capital flight. A club have paid millions for a spainish player by meeting his release clause but are claiming they've paid nothing as he was a free agent. Fifa have agreed that he's bought out his own contract, and it's now down to the Chinese authorities to determine whether bunging the player the release money is subject to this tax. Fifa have accepted they've paid £0 for him and he's a free agent. How does this relate to us? Well clearly release clauses are upfront payments and it's up to the selling club to agree to change this. I doubt many clubs would cough up £35 million in one lump sum, certainly not us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

True but do you seriously think having gone through all this negotiations that we would`nt if we could afford too.

Please give a honest opinion not based on your opinion of Les Reed

So why didn't we move on to an alternative? Surely our black box could have come up with an alternative here is one Andre Schurle pace can play across line. Used to Prem...better than no-one

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So why didn't we move on to an alternative? Surely our black box could have come up with an alternative here is one Andre Schurle pace can play across line. Used to Prem...better than no-one

Any move for Schurle ended when Dortmund lost their ukranian fella. They need to keep him now.

Plus he was lined up for Swansea anyway, so they've now seemingly moved onto Ayew.

Because we probably thought they'd cave in, I mean we do so everybody does right !! Also the Black Box ran on Windows 95 and since it got an automatic update to W10 the screen has gone all fuzzy. Or Mitchell took the bloody instructions with him, that's a possibility I suppose.

Any move for Schurle ended when Dortmund lost their ukranian fella. They need to keep him now.

Plus he was lined up for Swansea anyway, so they've now seemingly moved onto Ayew.

Money talks.....and not left until last day might have been different. Why gamble on no-one?

You mean Swansea quickly moved to an alternative plan once it becane clear they weren't getting the player they wanted on the last day? What a novel idea!