Quincy Promes

CB Fry

Wait till summer, let me say that again, wait till summer. By which time we'll either be relegated, won't be coming then, or another team will be in for him and we won't get him then. Can just see Les now saying how comfortable we are with the situation as Everton, or any other team steals him from under our noses. If this turns out to be the case, then Les is truly an incompetent buffoon who needs ejecting from the club.

So the club have identified the need for a pacey winger, we failed in Walcott, now Promes. We'll more than likely end up with a bench warmer from another club who hasn't been getting a game, love to see how the club spin that. They've known since December the money we were getting for VVD and yet here we are.... ******* again, scratching round for other teams cast offs on the last day of the window.

This will more than likely cost us relegation, especially with the buffoon left in charge of the first team.

I think the atmosphere could get toxic pretty quickly tonight should we go a goal behind.

Personally I don't think we'll end up with anyone now.

Sims may have to be our answer....hopefully he's fully fit now.

Then the club have truly effed up. We're languishing at the bottom of the table, we need a decent signing that can make a difference and also put some positivity around the place. The club have had more than a month to sort this (if VVD can be sold on the 1st Jan), it's bad enough leaving it until the last day but to not get anyone at all is pretty damaging.

I hate being negative but there's no spin that can change the fact we're in trouble, more so if no-one is brought in.

I was going to ask this... There is an assumption to this, where was the buyout clause reported?

Surely if the clause actually exists and it is the 35 million quoted spartak have no say. So either it is higher, we haven't met the 35 but have agreed to between the £25million and £30 million to activate the clause or it just doesn't exist. Surely it must be the latter as for the sake of a couple of million we could get him now.

The real **** up here (if what Adam says is true) is that we let Liverpool pay us in installments for VVD. Les should have asked for the cash up front and asked for time to find a replacement as everyone else seems to do. But no, we don't even wait for the window to open before selling. Les can't wait to get his greedy hands on his commission. The fact we went in and met the release clause and asked to structure payments is pathetic.

Every transfer works like this, our transfers in will be structured like this. It's very rare that any club will pay the entire amount straight away. Even Barcelona's payments for Coutinho and Dembele are staged, it helps clubs adhere to FFP as they can put the cost against 'future' years incomes, rather than against the same financal year.

So the issue that we get paid in instalements by Liverpool isn't the issue here, this is standard practice.

So if we pick up 6 points in the next week and Sturridge pulls his hammy, will some of the bedwetters calm down a bit? I fully accept if we lose the next two then we are really in deep do do, but until then I will remain positive.
But we won't though. No chance at all really

This is the problem, I'm pretty angry about the whole situation, though will hold off for a while as anything can happen in the next few hours.

We've all paid for season tickets and the club have responded by getting a trainee manager in to see if he can cut it for one of the bigger teams. Not only that they've got rid of our best player without adequately replacing him, then they've not give the trainee manager the tools to do the job anyway and we're expected to pay over £700 a year for the pleasure of being ****ed on and told it's raining. Can't believe we've all paid our hard earned for this shambles.

Every transfer works like this, our transfers in will be structured like this. It's very rare that any club will pay the entire amount straight away. Even Barcelona's payments for Coutinho and Dembele are staged, it helps clubs adhere to FFP as they can put the cost against 'future' years incomes, rather than against the same financal year.

So the issue that we get paid in instalements by Liverpool isn't the issue here, this is standard practice.

For sure but the point is we sold without having anybody lined up. When there is a release clause and it is met clubs have to pay that in full correct? Isn't that what happened with the Neymar transfer where PSG said they would pay yearly and Uefa said the rules are it has to be paid in full?

This is the problem, I'm pretty angry about the whole situation, though will hold off for a while as anything can happen in the next few hours.

We've all paid for season tickets and the club have responded by getting a trainee manager in to see if he can cut it for one of the bigger teams. Not only that they've got rid of our best player without adequately replacing him, then they've not give the trainee manager the tools to do the job anyway and we're expected to pay over £700 a year for the pleasure of being ****ed on and told it's raining. Can't believe we've all paid our hard earned for this shambles.

Good post and very true. Season ticket holders are more entitled than most to be absolutely f*cked off. Supporters who pay the most have been absolutely bent over this season.

So if we pick up 6 points in the next week and Sturridge pulls his hammy, will some of the bedwetters calm down a bit? I fully accept if we lose the next two then we are really in deep do do, but until then I will remain positive.

The buffoon in charge has beaten a sacked Unsworth, sacked Pulis (thanks to a wonder goal), Hodgson (in job 2 minutes) and a sacked Bilic. Do you really think we can suddenly win half as many games in the next 2 games, as we've won in the previous 24?

Pellegrino is an utter idiot.

Surely if the clause actually exists and it is the 35 million quoted spartak have no say. So either it is higher, we haven't met the 35 but have agreed to between the £25million and £30 million to activate the clause or it just doesn't exist. Surely it must be the latter as for the sake of a couple of million we could get him now.

I imagine Spartak could easily ignore it. They just need to be like, fk off Promes. You're a black man living in Russia, what you gonna do, sue the local football club?

For sure but the point is we sold without having anybody lined up. When there is a release clause and it is met clubs have to pay that in full correct? Isn't that what happened with the Neymar transfer where PSG said they would pay yearly and Uefa said the rules are it has to be paid in full?

We probably felt we did have someone lined up, in Theo. I think the club have dropped the bollock here by being a tad laid back.

You pay your "hard earned" to gain entry to the games so you can support the team in front of you. Sounds like you won't be coming next year when we end up in the Championship, given your attitude.

Not saying you are wrong about the mismanagement, cuz' you're not. Moaning about paying for something as risky and random as football though? Nah.

You pay your "hard earned" to gain entry to the games so you can support the team in front of you. Sounds like you won't be coming next year when we end up in the Championship, given your attitude.

Not saying you are wrong about the mismanagement, cuz' you're not. Moaning about paying for something as risky and random as football though? Nah.

Actually I will be coming next year, no matter what league we're in, along with my daughter who I buy a season ticket for. I had a season ticket when we went all the way down to league 1 and back up again last time and won't be stopping anytime soon.

I can take getting relegated, just like I could last time, if we've given it our best and we're just not good enough, then fair enough. What aint fair enough is that the position we find ourselves in is totally unnecessary, the incompetence shown from the top down is staggering and yet we all get fleeced for it.

That said we have a few hours yet to get something sorted, if it all turns out good then I'll be the first to say I was wrong and the club have performed admirably. That's my 3 for today....

The problem with the deal in the summer bit is that if another team goes after him then and Promes prefers them, we could get done like we did with Toby.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the summer deal waffle. Wouldn't expect there's anything in that, just makes it look a bit better in an initial PR sense.

If there was a proper agreement for the summer, then we'd have shouted about it. But there isn't. More ********.

According to Adam Blackmore in a subsequent tweet, we met the asking price for Promes a while ago. The delay was because Spartak wanted all the money up front...

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamBlackmore/status/958732660096077826

Which is what was often said here yesterday. They have no earthly reason to give us credit. They don't want to sell the player anyway. Don't think that there are all that many UK-Russia transfers and payment terms are probably why. So in fact the release clause wasn't met, we said we'd meet it but weren't willing to give them all of the money, probably because we just don't have it.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the summer deal waffle. Wouldn't expect there's anything in that, just makes it look a bit better in an initial PR sense.

If there was a proper agreement for the summer, then we'd have shouted about it. But there isn't. More ********.

Yeah it seems like the standard "Thank you for your application for employment. We regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful, but we will keep your details on record should any opportunities arise in the future" as they are chucking your CV in the recycling.

The problem with the deal in the summer bit is that if another team goes after him then and Promes prefers them, we could get done like we did with Toby.

This. A deal will never happen in the summer. Sure we didn't land him this window, I don't like that but hey ho, but to continue to spout this optimistic bullish*t does make you question how stupid the board think we actually are. Little did I know back then that when I laughed at all the rubbish spouted by Comical Ally during the Iraq war that it was going to become the blueprint for what is now considered normal by football clubs and Governments alike.

Yeah it seems like the standard "Thank you for your application for employment. We regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful, but we will keep your details on record should any opportunities arise in the future" as they are chucking your CV in the recycling.

Well at least they recycle waste paper..which is good right !

So its Les` fault then?

But its not is it, it`s spartak calling the shots but blame the club anyway....

I hope the club haters clear off elsewhere...

Isn't it then King of Gushing Lickspittles? isn't his job and Wilson to recruit players for the manager to be able to do the best possible - are you happy with the squad? Do you think its at optimum level?

Why not offer an opinion rather than suck everything up and attack people that care about the state we are in?

Don't you think not getting Walcott, Promes and replacement for VVD is anyones fault but the fans on here?

So its Les` fault then?

With all due respect, this is bullish*t, you don't have to love all those who run or play for a club to love the club.

If we could secure a deal for a summer sale Kieta style, that at least seems like a decent development.

Hopefully Les and Co have moved on to other targets. I still hope that we’re looking at another CB but there’s not much sign of that happening is the

If we don’t sign anyone else, I still think we have the squad to avoid relegation. It’s the manager that worries me.

That’s what’s ****s me off . Our squad should not be in the relegation zone. Due to illness I’ve missed quite a few games but manage to watch them online . The amount of times the commentators say “ it’s difficult to see why Saints are in such a perilous position”.

So its Les` fault then?

Well he's failed to deliver in yet another transfer window.

Personally find it weird how when we fail in the transfer market, we always have people like Blackmore and Wilson tell us it's someone else's fault and not the club's. It doesn't add up.

So its Les` fault then?

Is it spartak’s fault we left it a day before the deadline to make a bid?

It’s not being a ‘club hater’ it’s pointing out Les has done a very poor job for a number of windows now.

So its Les` fault then?

You are insufferable sometimes. If we drifted down into non-league I'm sure you'd still be snapping at the people moaning.

It's not the problem with this deal in isolation, it's a number of factors.

1) - we got the deal done for VVD early, sold off our best player. PR about how we were going to reinvest.

2) - we miss out on what was clearly our number 1 target - theo.

3) - miss out on another of our primary targets - Promes.

Seemingly have no alternative plans to fall back on and no intention to replace the player we sold. Last January was a disaster in how we left Fonte go and forgot to replace him, this has been an even larger **** show. The reason we are in the position we are is self-created, it's not because we've been unlucky or because clubs want too much money from little saints, it's because over a long period of time our recruitment has not been good enough and we have failed to replace the players we sold.

13 months ago we had Fonte and VVD as our CB's. We're now with Yoshida/Stephens and Hoedt. With Gardos and Bedranek as backup. That is a serious downgrade and people need to start asking wtf they expect to achieve with that model.

You are insufferable sometimes. If we drifted down into non-league I'm sure you'd still be snapping at the people moaning.

It's not the problem with this deal in isolation, it's a number of factors.

1) - we got the deal done for VVD early, sold off our best player. PR about how we were going to reinvest.

2) - we miss out on what was clearly our number 1 target - theo.

3) - miss out on another of our primary targets - Promes.

Seemingly have no alternative plans to fall back on and no intention to replace the player we sold. Last January was a disaster in how we left Fonte go and forgot to replace him, this has been an even larger **** show. The reason we are in the position we are is self-created, it's not because we've been unlucky or because clubs want too much money from little saints, it's because over a long period of time our recruitment has not been good enough and we have failed to replace the players we sold.

13 months ago we had Fonte and VVD as our CB's. We're now with Yoshida/Stephens and Hoedt. With Gardos and Bedranek as backup. That is a serious downgrade and people need to start asking wtf they expect to achieve with that model.

Not at all S-Clarke everyone is entitled to moan but the levels stooped to on here are incredible

Not at all S-Clarke everyone is entitled to moan but the levels stooped to on here are incredible

Agreed, there are certain types who are clearly trolls and it's safe to ignore, but at this point in time I think it's impossible for anyone not to be slightly concerned about the long-term future here.

Still not a word from Gao, no investment, no intent from him to get a deal pushed over the line and invest in this team on a footballing level. What on earth has this takeover been about?

Even if he did come, it would only be a very brief stop. Usual stepping stone thing. Agents must surely tout Saints to players in this way.

Least everyone else now realizes Saints' place in the league of things, as it says on the website/below……

http://futbolgrad.com/quincy-promes-southampton/

Southampton would be a perfect in-between step for Promes

Southampton are considered a prime destination for talented players wanting to make an in-between step to one of the big European sides. A well-run club the Saints have developed countless stars for other clubs and most recently sold Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool for a record-breaking €80 million—making him the most expensive defender in the history of the game.

Quincy Promes has been Spartak Moscow’s best player the last 18 months.

Van Dijk is, of course, a teammate of Promes at the Dutch national team and there is no doubt that the two have talked about the Saints when it comes to Promes’ next career step. At the same time, Quincy Promes has also been linked with several other clubs in recent years including van Dijk’s recent club Liverpool, as well as Bayern München and Borussia Dortmund.

With the transfer window clocking in on its final 24 hours Southampton and Quincy Promes have to make some hard decisions. Will the Saints meet Spartak’s demands and pay the full £30 million to make Promes Southampton’s record signing? Will Promes leave Spartak now and join the Saints? We will find out as the clock is ticking towards the final showdown.

NOPE!!!

Is it spartak’s fault we left it a day before the deadline to make a bid?

It’s not being a ‘club hater’ it’s pointing out Les has done a very poor job for a number of windows now.

For it to fall apart because the selling club asked for the money upfront 12 hours before the window closed shows how thick our board are ! "Oh that is OK to be paid with co-op vouchers isn't it ?" Surely someone thought to ask about this before today !