Transfer Deadline Day

Lighthouse

Loan deal for Welbeck being touted. Doesn’t sound like our style, but then again our style has been lost for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only 12 months left on his deal, he would be reasonably priced I imagine. Just can't see us being able to afford wages unless Forster goes. Here's to hoping, a great window if we bring in welbeck

Only 12 months left on his deal, he would be reasonably priced I imagine. Just can't see us being able to afford wages unless Forster goes. Here's to hoping, a great window if we bring in welbeck

Cripes all you optimists...you should join us pessimists - every local journo, Peach, Blackmore etc have said no more incomings yet you expect Wellbeck and a miracle someone taking Forster?

Cripes all you optimists...you should join us pessimists - every local journo, Peach, Blackmore etc have said no more incomings yet you expect Wellbeck and a miracle someone taking Forster?

From another forum

Any actual legs on the story of Dat Guy to Saints? :toppa: :smug: :roll:

Like Dat Guy, the legs are probably made of biscuits.

Arsenal just posted a video of them training on twitter and he was involved so I doubt it although I'd be happy to see him go to help give Nelson / Nketiah more chances.

Unless Arsenal could shift him out permanently, a loan would make sense all round. “ Not our style”, wasn’t Bertrand a loan first. Only thing with a loan is it’ll probably bring other clubs into play.

Can’t see it happening myself, but fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still hoping there was something to the Forster to Besiktas rumour, he can go abroad any time until the end of August.

Peach never stated no incomings, he said it was quiet with the window coming to a close. If arsenal were to offer a player of welbecks ability about the club would at least entertain it, or at least one should hope they would.

Adam Blackmore

‏Verified account @AdamBlackmore

5h5 hours ago

Not expecting much movement at #saintsfc today - business of signing players seems to be done

So as I say us pessimists dont expect anything more....unless Forster goes ...but Welbeck seems a no goer if training at Arsenal now

I never mentioned Blackmore, I said peach never stated what you "claimed" he had said. This was also posted early this morning, a lot can change throughout the day.

I'm off to rejoin the optimists who have an interest in seeing the club do well rather than you pessimists who would get off seeing us crash and burn. :hunt:

You have twisted their words if you think they said that.

Well with just 2 1/2 hours to go I would say it’s a pretty good bet wouldn’t you as there would be some info leaked by someone by now.

When was the last time we announced anybody that nobody was expecting in advance - I am sure you can tell us.

I never mentioned Blackmore, I said peach never stated what you "claimed" he had said. This was also posted early this morning, a lot can change throughout the day.

I'm off to rejoin the optimists who have an interest in seeing the club do well rather than you pessimists who would get off seeing us crash and burn. :hunt:

Adam Leitch

‏Verified account @adamleitchsport

10m10 minutes ago

It still sounds like there will be no business done at #saintsfc today.

Mark Hughes said he's happy to go with what he's got and that will likely be the case

Yep I spend £600 on ST go to away games just to watch us crash and burn FFS....

We are so so pedestrian in midfield and this is my biggest concern and the one we've failed to address.

Also the clamour for Welbeck is baffling. He's so poor; couldn't score for **** for two of the biggest teams in English football yet he'd somehow be the savour here. Ok then.

Not a good window for me and another relegation battle coming up.

We are so so pedestrian in midfield and this is my biggest concern and the one we've failed to address.

Also the clamour for Welbeck is baffling. He's so poor; couldn't score for **** for two of the biggest teams in English football yet he'd somehow be the savour here. Ok then.

Not a good window for me and another relegation battle coming up.

|I think Armstrong and Moi may help that - my disappointment is in not signing a right back - will be disappointed if we let Gallagher go before 31st and would have liked 1 quality forward but as we all know when you spend 19m on a donkey and 95k a week not to sit on the bench even you are stuffed.

Shaky in defence, pedestrian in midfield whilst losing our best provider of goals and virtually non existent up front. It's not looking good at all with our only saving grace being that Hughes is unlikely to do as poor a job as pellegrino.

to think of the position we were in to this. Bournemouth, Brighton, Wolves, Fulham etc going beyond us.

cheers Kat

to think of the position we were in to this. Bournemouth, Brighton, Wolves, Fulham etc going beyond us.

cheers Kat

We've followed a similar trajectory to Swansea actually. They came up playing exciting football with a squad of excellent players for their size. They then went down after falling behind their rivals and having a squad largely made up of dross.

|I think Armstrong and Moi may help that - my disappointment is in not signing a right back - will be disappointed if we let Gallagher go before 31st and would have liked 1 quality forward but as we all know when you spend 19m on a donkey and 95k a week not to sit on the bench even you are stuffed.

Why do you think that? Genuine question because although both seem good acquisitions, neither strikes me as a pace merchant.

We've followed a similar trajectory to Swansea actually. They came up playing exciting football with a squad of excellent players for their size. They then went down after falling behind their rivals and having a squad largely made up of dross.

I’ve been saying this for about 18 months. I’ve a horrible feeling this could be the year we drop.

Shaky in defence, pedestrian in midfield whilst losing our best provider of goals and virtually non existent up front. It's not looking good at all with our only saving grace being that Hughes is unlikely to do as poor a job as pellegrino.

This in a nutshell

Whilst scrapping by last season, we are now in a weaker position - the signing of Carillo has royally screwed us. Not being in a position to afford a striker (despite wasting £10mm on a GK we did not need) & now having to rely on goal shy Austin, Long, Gabbi !!

I see another south coast derby 2019-2020 season & it wont be Bournemouth or Brighton!

Crikey it's all doom and gloom and we haven't even started the season yet. If Burnley play us off the park then I'll be worried but let's just wait and see.

We'll be fine, we have a competent manager and an alright squad. Yes, it could be better, but there are worse teams than us.

I guarantee you one of these teams that have spent massive money will flop massively.

It'll be interesting to see what people think when we have 6 points through our first 9 game...

In some respects I think it is easier for the new boys to compete in the Premier League, than the established clubs.

Two reasons for this; Firstly, the FFP rules means wages are tied to income. A newly promoted club can lift everyone's salary so that they are happy, and have plenty of room to spare. The established clubs have had wage re-negotiation upon wage re-negotiation until you are paying your first team squad (e.g. Forster) so much, that nobody wants to take them.

Second up, the type of player that you can sign that improves your squad doesn't have to be as good as the established clubs.

Wolves will do what we did after promotion, sign some great players, who'll move on quickly as they have only gone to Wolves as a shopfront, Wolves will inflate the wages of their average Premier League players to try to keep them, reduce the free cash to buy the quality ones, then they will slide down the table.

Last season lots of people on here seem to be of the opinion we had a decent squad poorly managed. We brought in a new manager that most people seemed happy with a few weeks ago. We've brought in four new players to bolster the squad and made sure Forster never sees first team action again and now people think we are more likely to be relegated than last season?

People just have to realise that yes we've made transfer mistakes (Boufal, Carillo etc.) and contract mistakes (FF) and that hamstrings us a bit. Of course in an ideal world we'd not have made these mistakes but it's where we are now and fans should have a bit of patience that it's not easy to eradicate the mistakes and will take time. It looks like the club are trying to remedy the situation and perhaps we should have a bit of faith in Sparky and the boys.

Why do you think that? Genuine question because although both seem good acquisitions, neither strikes me as a pace merchant.

I see Armstrong far more mobile than Davis - he looks more alive around the box and linking with forwards than others plus he can shoot!

Moi I think wont be wide I can see him more central again linking us up more than we have in the past - Tadic at the end of the season was great but rest was abysmal the bar is pretty low.

Neither are blessed with extreme pace but we have Long/Redmond for that... Armstrong seemed to always be near where the ball broke to against Celta and read it better than I have seen from others we have.

All based on what I have seen so far but believe our midfield is better than last year on paper with those 2 more mobile and a better threat going forward once we have a settled defence that has Yoshida and Cedric .

I liked Boufal as he offered something different but he often over did it and lost it.

I do think we will have to be patient with Moi it will take him a while to settle but from what I have seen so far he looks promising but needs confidence.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2724[/ATTACH]

How can any look at that and think that is satisfactory and doesnt need improvement. Idiots

It makes for depressing reading I'll grant you.

But I have absolutely no doubt that Gabbi will get a lot more goals this season if we play to his strengths instead of criminally under-using him like MoPe did, and that Armstrong will get a lot more than Davis ever has.

I see Armstrong far more mobile than Davis - he looks more alive around the box and linking with forwards than others plus he can shoot!

Moi I think wont be wide I can see him more central again linking us up more than we have in the past - Tadic at the end of the season was great but rest was abysmal the bar is pretty low.

Neither are blessed with extreme pace but we have Long/Redmond for that... Armstrong seemed to always be near where the ball broke to against Celta and read it better than I have seen from others we have.

All based on what I have seen so far but believe our midfield is better than last year on paper with those 2 more mobile and a better threat going forward once we have a settled defence that has Yoshida and Cedric .

I liked Boufal as he offered something different but he often over did it and lost it.

I do think we will have to be patient with Moi it will take him a while to settle but from what I have seen so far he looks promising but needs confidence.

Armstrong is indeed a fresher version of Davis and I think Tadic has been adequately replaced but Long and Redmond are never the answer. Redmond isn't actually that fast as has been discussed before and Long is not a chance creating midfielder. He's a goal shy striker.

We needed to replaced Mane and we haven't. It's a big problem when teams just sit in as we have no option other than to pass it around ad nauseum until there's no other route than to go backwards.

So, according to Transfermarkt, our player purchases and player sales almost exactly balance out over the last three seasons (there's about a +3m Euro difference spread over three years). So it seems we're not just determined to be self-sustaining, but we're going beyond that to being cost neutral in player trading.

Our most recent financial results showed us making a post-tax profit of £34m, though that was before the takeover and VVD sagas etc.

We needed to replaced Mane and we haven't. It's a big problem when teams just sit in as we have no option other than to pass it around ad nauseum until there's no other route than to go backwards.

Totally agree we need that player that will do something different...like Sisto did on Saturday!

It seems we are pinning hopes on Gallagher offering us something different but he didn't get on the pitch on Saturday but Long did again

So, according to Transfermarkt, our player purchases and player sales almost exactly balance out over the last three seasons (there's about a +3m Euro difference spread over three years). So it seems we're not just determined to be self-sustaining, but we're going beyond that to being cost neutral in player trading.

Our most recent financial results showed us making a post-tax profit of £34m, though that was before the takeover and VVD sagas etc.

Imagine what our lack of resources are going to be like next summer if we do manage to stay up but we have no big money player like vvd to sell...

I suppose Spurs have had a worse summer with signings in.

MH is happy with what he has, isn't that what Claude said when he first came?

Dalek will be here soon with his prediction for the season, he might be right although he might be optimistic

Totally agree we need that player that will do something different...like Sisto did on Saturday!

It seems we are pinning hopes on Gallagher offering us something different but he didn't get on the pitch on Saturday but Long did again

That was meant to be boufal but he was a flop. We've now rid ourselves of him so we have to hope that Armstrong is that player I suppose

That was meant to be boufal but he was a flop. We've now rid ourselves of him so we have to hope that Armstrong is that player I suppose

Lel, always makes me laugh the old creative player, they are always hot and cold unless you sign Ronaldo, Messi, Hazard or Marhez and even they have “off” days. Boufal could create out of nothing, but in the process he will give the ball away, much like Mane did and still does. But for some reason English football fans can’t stand this and rather have good old JWP playing it safe and passing it square or backwards and running his legs off. I guarantee if we signed Promes or Sisto saints fans would be slagging them off when they don’t play incredible every game.

Utter messes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk