Leicester City Helicopter Crash (Match PP)

CB Fry

Yep, what a classless tw*t, his apology only seemed half hearted at best too. Sorry that he was caught out rather than the fact he said it.

Well he probably isn’t sorry. I wouldn’t get too sanctimonious about not having the correct reverence. Maybe he can put a few ‘RIPs’ and ‘thoughts and prayers’ and every one can be satisfied the right amount of ‘class’ has been shown.

Very distressing footage of the helicopter losing control has emerged on social media. Seems like a staff member filmed it, and somehow (either through their doing or otherwise) it's made its way to the tabloids and YouTube. You don't see the actual crash, but you can hear it.

Such a horrible moment for all five people, their families, and everyone connected.

I read on the Leicester forum that apparently the Southampton squad drove up to the KP Stadium to pay their respects - very classy move by the club.

I wonder if that puff of smoke from/behind the main rotor blades is the norm?

Probably is and just an exhaust from start up...

According to aviation experts, quite normal apparently.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Wow! What an absolute legend Claudio is! One of the most genuine people I've ever known of in football. Not just this, everything he does just oozes class.

Currently unemployed too which means he’ll be on Les’s secret file of managers he’s tracked for years

I’ll tell you what, Claudio Ranieri has some class. Can’t be too many sacked managers that would turn up and publicly pay their respects.

Nigel Pearson did as well. I suspect Sven has too, but not pictured.

Much as I respect Claudio, I think this says more about Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha than about Ranieri

Tragic. Sincere condolences to all at Leicester from all of us I'm sure.

Just read this terrific article about the son and now new Chairman 'Top'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46052475

These owners have a true emotional affinity with the club and the community. We had that with Markus and to a lesser extent with KL; the difference, however, with Gao is stark and revealing.

If Gao died we wouldn't need more than a post-it note of condolence, never mind a book.

I know that sounds harsh but, honestly, would anyone feel personally affected the way they did when Markus died?

Sadly, that's very true.

It was so clear that Markus loved the club and wanted success for the fans and the club, not his own personal gain. The same was obviously true of Vichai Srivaddhanaprahba.

I don't feel any connection whatsoever with Gao.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If Gao died we wouldn't need more than a post-it note of condolence, never mind a book.

I know that sounds harsh but, honestly, would anyone feel personally affected the way they did when Markus died?

Exactly right sadly.

Really with an owner the fans want someone who connects with the club, an owner who gives the impression he gives a **** about our club.

I'd struggle to pick our owner out of a police line up.

Daft question. So now we are comparing deaths?

Daft question. So now we are comparing deaths?
It's not daft at all. It's recognising how remote and detached our owner is compared with one who actually cared for the club and the fans.

Can you imagine Gao ever giving a £2m donation to Southampton hospitals?

It's not daft at all. It's recognising how remote and detached our owner is compared with one who actually cared for the club and the fans.

Can you imagine Gao ever giving a £2m donation to Southampton hospitals?

Ok would you miss more if they died? Matt Le Tissier or Tadar?

It is stating it questioning the bleeding obvious.

This thread makes me weep with so much faux outpouring if I’m honest.

Sportsnet doing a tribute. They read out a tribute written by Kasper Schmeichal. Incredible how involved the chairman was, how he put belief into the players, was friends with the players, showed them his ambition and lifted them up.

Then you have Gao, I’d bet he doesn’t even know the way to our dressing room.