The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

"Boris Johnson's premiership is "past the point of no return" and he should resign, says a financier who has given the Conservatives more than £3m.

John Armitage told the BBC that challenges facing the West demanded "serious, engaged" politicians."

"Mr Armitage said he thought leaders "should leave" if they lose their "moral authority", adding: "I find the lack of honour inherent in modern politics incredibly distressing."

Asked if Mr Johnson was "past the point of no return", he replied: "Well, personally yes.""

"But expressing concern about the standards of leadership in No 10, Mr Armitage said: "It's about more than like, 'if I'm failing, I've done a few things wrong, oh gosh, I'm going to change my advisers, God above!'.

"What about a sense of personal responsibility? You know, 'I'm going to change my chief of staff and it will all be fine.' Oh, really?"

Mr Armitage said he had told the Conservative Party he would not be giving them any more financial support as things stand, but he does plan to remain a member to retain his vote."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60310694

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

Yes, the entire narrative has indeed been torn up by a scripted interview with a bunch of dangerous lunatics, brought to us by a bloke with an interesting Twitter timeline.

And it all means we can now get back to pretending that Johnson is doing a great job, getting on with it, levelling-up, building back better, getting Brexit done, shoulder to the wheel, 24-7, all in it together, getting the big decisions right, bringing crime down, the economy up, and allowing us, the plucky Brits, to lead the world in every field of human endeavour - unlike the other parties who all hate their own country and talk us down by explaining the real figures and highlighting something we used to call reality.

If it was up to the opposition parties we'd be seeing rocketing energy and food prices, 150,000 dead, money wasted, taxes rising and Russian money sloshing around Westminster! 

God Bless Boris.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

i doubt it was. Are we all going to start posting random pictures of ridiculous dressed people all day or do you want to explain what your point was?

If you want to judge the people in those images by their appearance, you should also bear in mind who amongst them is doing the most damage to the country and it's credibility.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

If you want to judge the people in those images by their appearance, you should also bear in mind who amongst them is doing the most damage to the country and it's credibility.

Aren't the ones in the first video following the narrative of what a person in your picture said?

My 92 year old father in law nearly fell victim to a scam. Fortunately he still had the nous to confirm with his bank that there was no problem with his account and that he need not give his money to the friendly courier who was coming to collect it.

I have several "warrants out for my arrest"  from the Inland Revenue (note the American phraseology). There are countless parcels of mine waiting to be delivered if I only pay a surcharge. Several energy companies want my bank details to pay me a refund which is very nice of them as I don't even use them. 

I suspect that I am not the only person who recently has been bombarded by fraudsters. It doesn't matter though as according to this government fraud is not to be included in crime figures. Real crimes are things like burgulary for which the figures are going down - perhsps because so many people are staying at home.

This lot really are clueless.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

. Real crimes are things like burgulary for which the figures are going down - perhsps because so many people are staying at home.

This lot really are clueless.

Don't forget there was a reduction in shop lifting, which had nothing whatsoever to do with shops being closed during lockdown.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Why did he need to consult a team of lawyers to work out what to put as answers to the Met's questionnaire ?

And it wasn't a multiple choice paper and was told he couldn't write in crayon.

Edited by kyle04

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Why did he need to consult a team of lawyers to work out what to put as answers to the Met's questionnaire ?

My daughter is a teaching assistant at a local school and one of the children is classed as special needs. The mother is regularly badgering the school and at a recent meeting turned up with her own personal lawyer.

36 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Are you suggesting we should be spending more? If so, how much?

We’re obviously going to have to spend more, I wouldn’t have a clue how much but we are clearly not prepared for the sort of war we are probably facing. 

Tobias Ellwood seems to have a better grasp of the situation than Bozo, time to get shot of the bullshitter and have someone serious in charge IMO.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, aintforever said:

We’re obviously going to have to spend more, I wouldn’t have a clue how much but we are clearly not prepared for the sort of war we are probably facing. 

Tobias Ellwood seems to have a better grasp of the situation than Bozo, time to get shot of the bullshitter and have someone serious in charge IMO.

To reverse the vast cuts to defence (alongside paying for COVID) it will take many many years and 10s of £billions of permanent increased spending in that area.

This will mean welfare, education and/or even health absorbing cuts in spending (imagine selling that at the next election with national debt around 100%)!

Can you recall a time in recent history where increased defence spending has been a vote winner?

Edited by AlexLaw76

5 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

To reverse the vast cuts to defence (alongside paying for COVID) it will take many many years and 10s of £billions of permanent increased spending in that area.

This will mean welfare, education and/or even health absorbing cuts in spending (imagine selling that at the next election with national debt around 100%)!

Can you recall a time in recent history where increased defence spending has been a vote winner?

Not sure we have much choice, the threat has clearly changed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Because the UK is bought and paid for by Russia. Anyone noticed how the Tories have to be dragged kicking and screaming to do the right thing?

This is joke right?  

You are another one that see everything that the Tory's/PM does is bad, no matter what

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

This is joke right?  

You are another one that see everything that the Tory's/PM does is bad, no matter what

If the shoe fits! 
The term “Londongrad” didn’t come from nowhere. 
Tell me Alex, who put the son of a KGB agent in the House of Lords?

You apologise for the Russians/Tories. The rest of us will stand by Ukraine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

If the shoe fits! 
The term “Londongrad” didn’t come from nowhere. 
Tell me Alex, who put the son of a KGB agent in the House of Lords?

You apologise for the Russians/Tories. The rest of us will stand by Ukraine.

How am I apologising for anyone? the issues of foreign money in London has been going on for 25+ years, and far from limited to the Tory party/Russians.

If you want to talk about influence, have a closer look at the EU, puts us to shame.  They (well, Germany) have effectively financed all of this.

How the hell am I apologising for Russia?  What is wrong with you?

Edited by AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

How am I apologising for anyone? the issues of foreign money in London has been going on for 25+ years, and far from limited to the Tory party/Russians.

If you want to talk about influence, have a closer look at the EU, puts us to shame.  They (well, Germany) have effectively financed all of this.

How the hell am I apologising for Russia?  What is wrong with you?

EU announces it has agreed unanimously amongst all member countries to take in Ukrainian refugees for up to 3 years without asking them to first apply for asylum. Just been announced following a meeting of EU Interior ministers.

Tell me Alex, what has that human wet wipe Liz Truss suggested? Anyone who can pick strawberries can apply fir a visa whilst Grandmothers are turned away at the Eurotunnel.

The EU agreed asylum for all Ukraine with 27 members in a day. What have the Tories done?

If you want to talk about sacrifice, Germany is turning off Nordstream which will be financially crippling. Bozo Johnson announces 3 Oligarchs may be inconvenienced if we can get past their lawyers.

Keep going Alex. Lets do Brexit next and how that weakened Europe, bought and paid for by Putin.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

EU announces it has agreed unanimously amongst all member countries to take in Ukrainian refugees for up to 3 years without asking them to first apply for asylum. Just been announced following a meeting of EU Interior ministers.

Tell me Alex, what has that human wet wipe Liz Truss suggested? Anyone who can pick strawberries can apply fir a visa whilst Grandmothers are turned away at the Eurotunnel.

The EU agreed asylum for all Ukraine with 27 members in a day. What have the Tories done?

If you want to talk about sacrifice, Germany is turning off Nordstream which will be financially crippling. Bozo Johnson announces 3 Oligarchs may be inconvenienced if we can get past their lawyers.

Keep going Alex. Lets do Brexit next and how that weakened Europe, bought and paid for by Putin.

You assume they want to come all the way to the UK?  These are not economic migrants that want our benefits, they are a fiercely proud people.

Germany have not turned off Nordstream, they have halted certification of Nordstream 2 (which was/is not even operational and will probably commence sometime in the future).  Sacrifice eh!

I believe Norstream (which you mentioned) is still operational and will probably make Russia a nice tidy sum of money from the EU/Germany (remember, not all banks are banned from the main international system).

Edited by AlexLaw76

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

You assume they want to come all the way to the UK?  These are not economic migrants that want our benefits, they are a fiercely proud people.

Germany have not turned off Nordstream, they have halted Nordstream 2 (which was/is not even operational and will probably commence sometime in the future).  Sacrifice eh!

Probably, might, possibly. Concrete arguments eh Comrade Alex. 
The Tories can do nothing wrong can they Alex? The country is sunk with fifth columnists in the country like you.

Its all good though you and your GB news gammons can all live in little England Utopia while the rest of us in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland decouple from the backward looking, isolated, tinpot nostalgialand you wank yourself to sleep over with Ann Widdicombe in your dreams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warriorsaint said:

The Tories can do nothing wrong can they Alex? The country is sunk with fifth columnists in the country like you.

Its all good though you and your GB news gammons can all live in little England Utopia while the rest of us in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland decouple from the backward looking, isolated, tinpot nostalgialand you wank yourself to sleep over with Ann Widdicombe in your dreams.

You are just rambling now, as you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.  Germany are not sacrificing anything meaningful.  No one really is. But to suggest they are going to cripple themselves by turning off something that is not even working, shows you up for an idiot.

There is a great deal wrong with Government; the handling of this situation certainly is not one of them.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

warriorsaint, is that keyboardwarriorsaint? can just see you sat there now, gurning at the screen as you tug one out, you pathetic, intellectual pigmy

16 minutes ago, Millbrook Saint said:

warriorsaint, is that keyboardwarriorsaint? can just see you sat there now, gurning at the screen as you tug one out, you pathetic, intellectual pigmy

Goodness. You seem a bit touchy. Have I insulted you in some way? What have I done to you to warrant such an insult?

Have we ever conversed? If not why would you address me in such a way?

55 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

This is joke right?  

You are priceless Batman. You have been a Tory suck up/apologist all the time you have been on here and under every different log in name. You also see everything the EU, especially Germany, does is bad. You have long been a busted flush yet still you peddle the same old shtick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

You are priceless Batman. You have been a Tory suck up/apologist all the time you have been on here and under every different log in name. You also see everything the EU, especially Germany, does is bad. You have long been a busted flush yet still you peddle the same old shtick.

Weird. Germany are already making massive changes to their national and foreign policy I suspect much more is to come.  They are doing this as they have been literally financing Russia (and this war to a degree).

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Yep, may as well work for Murdoch, Banks and Farage. In another era would have been marching with Moseley.

We see you, traitors

42 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

You are just rambling now, as you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.  Germany are not sacrificing anything meaningful.  No one really is. But to suggest they are going to cripple themselves by turning off something that is not even working, shows you up for an idiot.

There is a great deal wrong with Government; the handling of this situation certainly is not one of them.  

🤦‍♂️

57 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Germany have not turned off Nordstream, they have halted certification of Nordstream 2 (which was/is not even operational and will probably commence sometime in the future).  Sacrifice eh!

I believe Norstream (which you mentioned) is still operational and will probably make Russia a nice tidy sum of money from the EU/Germany (remember, not all banks are banned from the main international system).

It’s almost as if they need gas to heat their homes.

if we were in their position do you really think Bozo would just turn off the gas?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aintforever said:

It’s almost as if they need gas to heat their homes.

if we were in their position do you really think Bozo would just turn off the gas?

I know this.  I agree

It is not me being wrong about Germany inflicting self harm in bid to provide assistance.

9 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Weird. Germany are already making massive changes to their national and foreign policy I suspect much more is to come.  They are doing this as they have been literally financing Russia (and this war to a degree).

Same old same old. You conveniently forget the part your party has played in sucking up to Russian money. To say that Germany has been financing this war is pure Batman xenophobic rhetoric. Putin had been in power for over 20 years and was originally seen as someone the West could do business with. Putin was clearly playing a long game, either that or he has gradually lost it and the rest of us have to change our policies towards him accordingly. It’s just a shame that the West (that includes us Batman) weren’t so decisive when Putin annexed the Crimea.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Yep, may as well work for Murdoch, Banks and Farage. In another era would have been marching with Moseley.

We see you, traitors

Look, a sneaky peak (just 2-3 days) of our efforts to support Ukraine  (and this is what has been allowed to be shared). This ramped up a great deal as the threat of invasion became more likely. This was alongside significant training, intel and such like.

Of course, posting this makes me Tory/Russian  SCUM!

Edited by AlexLaw76

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.