The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

2 hours ago, moonraker said:

What people had 40 years ago is as irrelevant as what they had 100 years ago.  Expectations are not bad, entitlement now there is a different problem so gloriously evidenced by our current leadership.   I do agree that people must take responsibility for themselves and in the main I believe they do, you said people are "stacked with debt" also true to a point, 91% of this is property debt, and the ridiculous cost of housing drives this, expecting to have a house is hardly irresponsible Without expectations and satisfying those expectations through credit and peoples willingness to use it the economy would be in a far worse state, it is expectation that drives a market economy and the more market driven a governments policies are the greater the level of expectation.

Exactly. Housing consumes such a large percentage of many peoples incomes, over 50% in some cases, that everything else is a struggle. And its easily avoidable. Building houses isnt even that expensive. You can build a good 120 square metre 3 bed house for £150-200k. Its only land specualtion which makes houses stupidly, unaffordably  expensive       

• Like 2

"Up to 30 people are said to have attended the event in the Cabinet Room after Boris Johnson returned from an official visit to a school in Hertfordshire.   

ITV News understands that the interior designer, Lulu Lytle - who was not a member of No 10 staff - also attended the gathering. At the time Ms Lytle was renovating Boris Johnson’s flat in Downing Street, which has been the subject of a separate controversy. 

Nine days before the alleged birthday bash at No 10, on 10 June, Mr Johnson asked the public "to continue to show restraint and respect the rules which are designed to keep us all safe" during a Downing Street Covid press conference"

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-01-24/boris-johnson-had-birthday-bash-during-lockdown-itv-news-understands

51 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Apparently he didn't know it was his birthday.  It's his staffer's fault. 

That no surprise , he rarely knows what day of the week it is.  Listening to a debate on the radio about the parties and there are still some hard nosed Tories who claim it is just "Boris Bashing".  So, as many of us have always known, the party of Law and Order is not quite so hot on Law and Order when its one of their own.  

• Like 5

By May 2020 the loneliness of lockdown became too much for my Mum and her mental health suffered so badly as a result of the isolation that she had to leave the family home after six decades.

Later that summer I was nominated as her one visitor who could wish her a happy birthday through the care home window. 

Boris Johnson is an appalling excuse for a human being and any sucker who supports him now is as much of a c**t as he is.

He needs to resign tonight.

But he's a f**king coward, up to his fat waist in corruption and racism, so he probably won't.

• Like 15

32 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

By May 2020 the loneliness of lockdown became too much for my Mum and her mental health suffered so badly as a result of the isolation that she had to leave the family home after six decades.

Later that summer I was nominated as her one visitor who could wish her a happy birthday through the care home window. 

Boris Johnson is an appalling excuse for a human being and any sucker who supports him now is as much of a c**t as he is.

But he's a f**king coward, up to his fat waist in corruption and racism, so he probably won't.

Anybody who thinks the clown should not go should read this and re-consider their humanity.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, rallyboy said:

That sounds awful. I can understand your anger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rallyboy said:

Apologies for my flippancy. It is easy to forget the all too real consequences of lockdown. It makes the grubby soap opera all the more gruesome. This govt has no honour and anyone who now defends them is not worth engaging with anymore. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, rallyboy said:

Boris Johnson is an appalling excuse for a human being.

This.

Quite how it has taken so many people this long to recognise that is beyond me*, because the evidence for it has been there for all to see ever since he first set foot into the public eye. He is, and always has been, a corrupt, entitled charlatan with no discernible talent for anything other than self promotion.

It's tragic how many people were insisting in 2019 that Corbyn was "unelectable" and then went and voted for this shameless, incompetent prick instead. For all Corbyn's faults, of which he had/has many, at least he has a moral compass. Johnson has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. None.

The last few years have been a very dark chapter in UK politics, and whichever side of the spectrum we sit on, we owe it to ourselves and our future generations to try and somehow work collaboratively to consign it to history and move on.

* That's not aimed at you BTW Rallyboy. I'm very sorry for the hardship your family had to endure and it must boil your piss to see now that the man setting those rules was blatantly ignoring them himself.

Edited by Sheaf Saint
  • Like 7

These parties must really stick in the throat of the Conservative’s core support. Most Tories I am friends with are real sticklers for law and order. For all their faults, their main admirable attribute tends to be their strong sense of right and wrong.

During lockdown all I heard from them was moaning about youngsters breaking the rules, blaming students for having parties, then blaming Asians for not getting vaccinated. All that time the real rule-breaking scumbags turned out to be the Conservatives in charge of the country who think they are too important to need to follow the rules laid out for us normal people.

It’s mental that the fat bullshitter is still there, the shameless way he is clinging on to his position really shows how little he cares for either the Conservative party or the country.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, rallyboy said:

He's never going to resign. He is in politics for his own personal gain and nothing else, and I'm sure he's made many millions off of it and will make even more millions once he's out. Resigning would mean admitting he's done something wrong, and I honestly think he believes he's done nothing wrong. He doesn't understand why rules should apply to him.

He will have to be forced out and I don't think the Tories have the spine to do so at the moment.

• Like 3

Presumably the investigation will be headed up by a senior officer - perhaps Sajid Javid's brother will be the one selected to decide whether his brother's friends have any charges to face?

Either way, the junior staff at no.10 might as well pack their bags now as you can be sure they were to blame for everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Presumably the investigation will be headed up by a senior officer - perhaps Sajid Javid's brother will be the one selected to decide whether his brother's friends have any charges to face?

Either way, the junior staff at no.10 might as well pack their bags now as you can be sure they were to blame for everything.

Sorry to read about your mother in that earlier post RB. It must be especially sickening for you and all those who have suffered under the lock down. My situation isn’t so bad but I haven’t seen my 3 kids for 2 years. Maybe soon.

Anyway, I am sure about a week or so ago when this all kicked off he said he would take full responsibility if there was any wrong doing. Apparently no 10 are now saying that Johnson believes that HE didn’t break any rules. Rules were clearly broken both in his residence and in Whitehall. He is the PM and as such, these people’s boss. The buck stops with him 100%. Why did he not put a stop to it? It happened on his watch. It is his responsibility, but just just watch as he throws others under the bus to save his own flabby arse. The process has already started. 

• Like 3

Liar, liar, pants on fire:

Bojo has stated that it was 'complete nonsense' when people said he had intervened to permit the evacuation of the NOWZAD charity's animals. Written evidence submitted to a Parliamentary committee includes the following email between Foreign Office officials;

Hi [name redacted],

We spoke – thank you for your time.

[animal charity – name redacted] are a [details redacted] animal charity operating in Kabul and seeking to evacuation their [details redacted] members of staff (no animals). Equivalent charity Nowzad, run by an ex-Royal Marine, has received a lot of publicity and the PM has just authorised their staff and animals to be evacuated, [animal charity – name redacted] are hoping to be treated in the same capacity (granted LOTR).

The [animal charity – name redacted] staff can all be guaranteed employment in the UK by [details redacted].

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Corbyn laying a wreath at a memorial to the victims of an Israeli airstrike in 1985.

No, he must have been honouring the Black September terrorists because the Daily Mail said so 🙄

Just ignore the fact that the sole reason he was even in Tunis, alongside a Tory peer, was to attend an annual conference dedicated to the victims of the 1985 airstrike. That's just coincidence.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

E37897D3-5390-493B-BEA6-87E91ACE3796.jpeg

Little surprise that you voted for Johnson Duckie. You two are clearly cut from the same cloth. For someone who continued to slag off Butch Wilkins after he passed away for drink driving, your constant support for a congenital liar and your Daily Mail attempts to smear a man who at least has a backbone and a moral compass do you no credit. What happened to your own moral compass? Or is it a case of the further right your politics, the more you turn a blind eye to those you voted in?

Edited by sadoldgit
Addition
  • Like 2

A new day, a new lie, I'm staggered.

All of the Afghan civilians who risked their lives to help our military? f**k em and the promises we made!

Get those manky dogs out instead, Carrie insists, then lie about it.
He has taken the Great out of Great Britain and left us looking like a heartless, blatantly corrupt, hateful, and dishonest little island.

I want my country back - the respected one that taught the world fair play, justice and tolerance, they f**king listened when we spoke - now we just madly claim to be best in every field of human endeavour while other countries laugh at us.

Change needs to come....asap.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

No, he must have been honouring the Black September terrorists because the Daily Mail said so 🙄

Just ignore the fact that the sole reason he was even in Tunis, alongside a Tory peer, was to attend an annual conference dedicated to the victims of the 1985 airstrike. That's just coincidence.

Hammas are his friends, Martin McGuiness was a great family man, (must have heard that when he invited two IRA terrorists for tea after Brighton) Guess it must all be a the Daily Mail saying so though. 🙄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Hammas are his friends, Martin McGuiness was a great family man, (must have heard that when he invited two IRA terrorists for tea after Brighton) Guess it must all be a the Daily Mail saying so though. 🙄

And Israel aren't illegally occupying territory in defiance of multiple UN resolutions ? As for talking to HAMAS and McGuiness, the UK Government talked to McGuiness and then allowed him to hold a senior ministerial post in the NI Assembly. Also, look up how many of the Presidents and Prime Ministers of Israel during it's first 30 years of existence, were convicted or suspected terrorists under the UK Mandate in Palestine.

Sooner or later you solve conflict by dialogue.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

your Daily Mail attempts to smear a man who at least has a backbone and a moral compass do you no credit. 

😂 He’s an anti Semitic, terrorist loving half wit. He’s even been chucked out of the Parliamentry party he’s so beyond the pale. No surprise you think he’s got a “moral compass”, says a lot about you. 

The reason Boris got an 80 seat majority wasn’t down to his probity and standards of behaviour, it was because the alternative was Steptoe. The voters knew exactly who and what Boris was, the problem for you was they also knew exactly who and what Corbyn was. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Little surprise that you voted for Johnson Duckie. You two are clearly cut from the same cloth. 

His politics are nearer yours than mine. He’s a soppy pinko , bit like you really.

You’re right for once, there is “little surprise” how I voted, anyone who wanted Brexit had no other choice. 

Corbyn isn’t anti-Semitic or a terrorist lover, he is just anti-Israel and agrees with the idea of a united Ireland. Two unpopular views that made him an easy target. Whilst totally unsuitable to be party leader he’s got more moral compass than all the scumbags at no10 put together.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Corbyn isn’t anti-Semitic or a terrorist lover, he is just anti-Israel and agrees with the idea of a united Ireland. Two unpopular views that made him an easy target. Whilst totally unsuitable to be party leader he’s got more moral compass than all the scumbags at no10 put together.

Wonder what he’d do if he heard someone being openly racist in his presence…..

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

His politics are nearer yours than mine. He’s a soppy pinko , bit like you really.

You’re right for once, there is “little surprise” how I voted, anyone who wanted Brexit had no other choice. 

He doesn’t have any politics. He just does what he needs to to get what he wants. But then that is a Tory philosophy for you. Look after no 1 and screw everybody else. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Johnson: "We have the fastest growing economy in the G7."

Latest GDP growth figures:

🇫🇷 3% 
🇮🇹 2.6%
🇩🇪 1.7%
🇨🇦 1.3%
🇬🇧 1.1%

Boris wouldnb't recognise the truth if it jumped up and hit him squarely between the eyes.

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

He doesn’t have any politics. He just does what he needs to to get what he wants. But then that is a Tory philosophy for you. Look after no 1 and screw everybody else. 

Well, he has certainly tried to acheive that one, given the number of marriages, mistresses, and sprogs he has accumulated.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Wonder what he’d do if he heard someone being openly racist in his presence…..

Why’s he not got the Labour whip, surely a man with backbone & a moral compass is needed . 

This is what the Jewish leadership council think. Of course Jews are at the bottom of the victim table, so don’t really count. 

When Jews complain about an obviously antisemitic mural in Tower Hamlets, Corbyn of course supports the artist. Hizbollah commits terrorist atrocities against Jews, but Corbyn calls them his friends and attends pro-Hizbollah rallies in London. Exactly the same goes for Hamas. Raed Salah says Jews kill Christian children to drink their blood. Corbyn opposes his extradition and invites him for tea at the House of Commons. These are not the only cases. He is repeatedly found alongside people with blatantly antisemitic views, but claims never to hear or read them.Again and again, Jeremy Corbyn has sided with antisemites rather than Jews. 

12 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

It's 2022, and Tory supporters are still using the tactic of deflecting criticism of the bloviating sack of shit Johnson with allegations of antisemitism against Jeremy Corbyn. 

Why am I not surprised. 

No one is deflecting criticism of the bloated berk. Simply pointing out your hero isn’t exactly beyond reproach

Edited by Turkish

38 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Why’s he not got the Labour whip, surely a man with backbone & a moral compass is needed . 

This is what the Jewish leadership council think. Of course Jews are at the bottom of the victim table, so don’t really count. 

When Jews complain about an obviously antisemitic mural in Tower Hamlets, Corbyn of course supports the artist. Hizbollah commits terrorist atrocities against Jews, but Corbyn calls them his friends and attends pro-Hizbollah rallies in London. Exactly the same goes for Hamas. Raed Salah says Jews kill Christian children to drink their blood. Corbyn opposes his extradition and invites him for tea at the House of Commons. These are not the only cases. He is repeatedly found alongside people with blatantly antisemitic views, but claims never to hear or read them.Again and again, Jeremy Corbyn has sided with antisemites rather than Jews. 

Bring friends with an anti-Semite doesn’t make you one. Just means you have poor judgment.

Not much about Tory Islamophobia I note.  The current Tory party, their media friends and their sheep like members are pathetic,  keep Bozo in power and we can all watch and enjoy the death of a 1000 cuts for this disreputable excuse for a political party.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.