The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

59 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Bozo clinging on til the bitter end it seems...

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/youll-need-a-panzer-division-to-oust-me-from-no10-vows-boris/

Looking for the positives - every day he holds on he hastens the demise of the Tory party.

Why use a Panzer when you could use the bulldozers he's going to lie down in front of to stop the third runway at Heathrow?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

Interesting article in the Sunday Times today by Max Hastings, a renown historian, who used to work with Boris at the Telegraph.
He reckons that working with Boris was interesting and he respected his ability as a journalist.
However as a Prime Minister he will probably go down as one of the worst in history on par with David Lloyd George.
Apart from Gove, who he reckons has a decent brain, the rest of the Cabinet (apart perhaps from Rishi Sunak) are complete toadies with little political acumen.
Boris does not have the gravitas and attention to detail to lead this country and is looked upon as a person of ridicule across the world.

He was Johnson’s boss at The Telegraph and in an article in 2019 had nothing good to say about him and said he would make a terrible PM. He was spot on. He was sacked for making up a story at The Times. He was a shit journalist who made up a load of bs stories about the EU. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

D87ubejWkAETBTe.jpg.4c8cfa7fd24b6929e060acc1be15d4a9.jpg

Don’t hold back Max, tell us what you really think! Sums Johnson up perfectly though. At what point though will enough Tories grow a backbone and kick him out? If they can’t see that he is a liability for the country (and for their own seats come the next election) by now, God help us.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Don’t hold back Max, tell us what you really think! Sums Johnson up perfectly though. At what point though will enough Tories grow a backbone and kick him out? If they can’t see that he is a liability for the country (and for their own seats come the next election) by now, God help us.

Hang on a minute, a while back you lot were saying he should stay on for as long as possible! Lets let him carry on running the country for longer so the tories will definitely lose the next election. What's changed?

Reached Orwellian levels now with kwasi Kwarteng declaring crime down if you don’t count that crime (fraud).

Didnt see the interview but surely any journo would just laugh at such a declaration.

btw I f**king hate kwasi Kwarteng - don’t know what it is about him but seems a joyless cruel person.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

Hang on a minute, a while back you lot were saying he should stay on for as long as possible! Lets let him carry on running the country for longer so the tories will definitely lose the next election. What's changed?

You lot? 🙄

It really isn’t difficult. In an ideal world 1) he would have resigned by now or 2) he would be kicked out by his own party. In the event of neither of these things happening it is not the end of the world as his continuing tenure in no 10 will cost the Tories votes and, with any luck, the next election.

Once again your attempt to turn an issue into something it isn’t fails miserably.

11 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

You lot? 🙄

It really isn’t difficult. In an ideal world 1) he would have resigned by now or 2) he would be kicked out by his own party. In the event of neither of these things happening it is not the end of the world as his continuing tenure in no 10 will cost the Tories votes and, with any luck, the next election.

Once again your attempt to turn an issue into something it isn’t fails miserably.

Who will you blame for your credit card debt then?? 😂

A baying mob surrounds Starmer in the street and shouts 'paedo protector' and 'nonce' at him, repeating a lie told by our Prime Minister, and in that moment Johnson's evolution into Trump is complete - tell mad lies to the extremists and let them get to work.

We can no longer laugh at how stupid America was.

Surely no one can honestly believe that Johnson is a positive force for the UK and continue to defend him now?

He should be sacked.

Forget resignation, he needs to be dragged off to fecking jail.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

A baying mob surrounds Starmer in the street and shouts 'paedo protector' and 'nonce' at him, repeating a lie told by our Prime Minister, and in that moment Johnson's evolution into Trump is complete - tell mad lies to the extremists and let them get to work.

Surely no one can honestly believe that Johnson is a positive force for the UK and continue to defend him now?

He should be sacked.

Yes but while some are gullible this again damages him. Getting the SalmonSi sorts on his side whilst losing the decent folk ain’t going to go down well with Tories and if it does will sure f**k them in the next election. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, whelk said:

Yes but while some are gullible this again damages him. Getting the SalmonSi sorts on his side whilst losing the decent folk ain’t going to go down well with Tories and if it does will sure f**k them in the next election. 

I use to think that here in the US, but the republicans are in the process of sanctioning people who opposed Trumps worst parts. It might very well go the same way, UKIP was the british equivalent to the Tea Party here, and a lot of that has drifted in to being main stream Tories. I still am hoping that the British parliamentary system can hold out, but the fact that a man of BoJo's limited ability was able to become PM makes me think the system is not as robust as hoped.

• Like 4

Just now, whelk said:

Hope you are right. We watched the sorts of people that were driving to be joining the road protests - ‘freedom/anti vax/patriot’ convoys  - and it was all Transits plastered in anti vax, government, anti BBC slogans with lots of Union Jacks. I despair at what the country is turning into. Have stopped using Twitter altogether after seeing Momentum’s Corbyn loons as well on there day after day pursuing some celebrity or another.

With Corbyn and Swinson consigned to the dustbin of history, no excuse for voting for Boris and co in 2 years time. Won’t stop me from feeling that we are turning into USA lite though with lots of crazies on either side. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mystic Force said:

I use to think that here in the US, but the republicans are in the process of sanctioning people who opposed Trumps worst parts. It might very well go the same way, UKIP was the british equivalent to the Tea Party here, and a lot of that has drifted in to being main stream Tories. I still am hoping that the British parliamentary system can hold out, but the fact that a man of BoJo's limited ability was able to become PM makes me think the system is not as robust as hoped.

Agree It is dangerous to be complacent but our media is currently still reasonably balanced and so outrage is consistent. Don’t know what has gone wrong with people that they look to these charlatans and genuinely think they will help them and can’t see them for what they are.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

Hope you are right. We watched the sorts of people that were driving to be joining the road protests - ‘freedom/anti vax/patriot’ convoys  - and it was all Transits plastered in anti vax, government, anti BBC slogans with lots of Union Jacks. I despair at what the country is turning into. Have stopped using Twitter altogether after seeing Momentum’s Corbyn loons as well on there day after day pursuing some celebrity or another.

With Corbyn and Swinson consigned to the dustbin of history, no excuse for voting for Boris and co in 2 years time. Won’t stop me from feeling that we are turning into USA lite though with lots of crazies on either side. 

I

maybe there will be a variant that royally fucks the antivax lot soon. Here’s hoping we cull these moronic thugs. Woudl have like to see the Met get into the protestors as well. Few cracked heads would get my support

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

Nothing. Im loving the Circus. I think Angela has been vindicated. Tory scum

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rallyboy said:

He should be sacked.

They also shouted about being anti lockdown  and hurty words about the Assange being locked up.

A far-right mob, with one of the Corbyn brothers. If only they started to throw milkshakes.....

Edited by AlexLaw76

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

They also shouted about being anti lockdown  and hurty words about the Assange being locked up.

A far-right mob, with one of the Corbyn brothers. If only they started to throw milkshakes.....

Piers Corbyn is extreme on both left and right - look up his views on climate change. You can see the family anti-Semitic streak. Revolting human being, even worse than his brother and on a par with David Icke.

Unfortunately I’ve seen them cause thousands worth of damage to a community building restored by volunteers, normal people, and violently attack visitors and staff, all because Jeremy Vine was the evening speaker. They are anything but harmless. That’s why the lie about Starmer is so insidious, it gives these losers verification of their loony, flat earth views, just as Trump has about the election. Fortunately the majority of the Tory party hasn’t gone fully the way of the Republicans yet, even with the Vote Leave rent-a-yob on a Downing St revolving door. 

I’m hoping the grandees will step in and have Boris removed via mobilising letters to the 1922 or by other means eg a really bad leak worse than the partys. There is a risk though.

You’ve only got to see with Jo Cox and David Amess how extremism can escalate for a minority. 

For me, they are no better than the Leicester City thugs who attacked Nottingham cafes with families in pre match and the idiot on the pitch posters shared on the Other Games thread. 

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 3

Who is fuelling this Sovereign Nation crap ?

Trying, with entirely spurious references and total lack of knowledge of the document, to claim they are invoking Magna Carta would be laughable if it weren't for the violence with which they back up the 'opinions' they are being fed.

• Like 1

Johnson knew exactly what he was doing when he initially accused Starmer of personally being responsible for the non prosecution of Savile. Mud sticks and that is exactly what has happened. A move straight out of the Trump Book of Slurring Opponents. Some Tory MPs have the decency to see it and call it out for what it is, but it is sickening to see his brown nosers still saying that there is no need to apologise as he has ‘clarified’ his remarks. To also say that yesterdays attack by a mob had nothing to do with Johnson’s remarks is absolute tosh. Why would they suddenly start referencing Savile when it has not  been a major current issue until Johnson made it so? It is deflection if the highest order. To borrow a very apt quote “it comes to something when the most embarrassing PM of our time isn’t the one who has fucked a pig”.

Edited by sadoldgit
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Johnson knew exactly what he was doing when he initially accused Starmer of personally being responsible for the non prosecution of Savile. Mud sticks and that is exactly what has happened. A move straight out of the Trump Book of Slurring Opponents. Some Tory MPs have the decency to see it and call it out for what it is, but it is sickening to see his brown nosers still saying that there is no need to apologise as he has ‘clarified’ his remarks. To also say that yesterdays attack by a mob had nothing to do with Johnson’s remarks is absolute tosh. Why would they suddenly start referencing Savile when it has not  been a major current issue until Johnson made it so? It is deflection if the highest order. To borrow a very apt quote “it comes to something when the most embarrassing PM of our time is the one who hasn’t fucked a pig”.

There has been some suggestion that Boris's gibe at Keir Starmer was in initiated by a whispered comment by Rees-Mogg during PMQs.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Right wingers eh

FLELupcXEAEn1XD.jpg

Whether right or left wingers, BoJo's Trumpian anti-politics appeals to them all. The SN bullshitters don't come from a particular political wing, pigshit thick is found on both sides.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Whether right or left wingers, BoJo's Trumpian anti-politics appeals to them all. The SN bullshitters don't come from a particular political wing, pigshit thick is found on both sides.

exactly.  I wonder if the rent-a-mob yesterday were the same lot here?

19 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

exactly.  I wonder if the rent-a-mob yesterday were the same lot here?

Quite possible. All you need to do is indirectly link pedophilia and a named individual, without any evidence or justification, ( as BoJo did with KS ), and these twats are off and running.

BTW; the Gove incident was last October, so in no way linked to the current situation.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, spyinthesky said:

There has been some suggestion that Boris's gibe at Keir Starmer was in initiated by a whispered comment by Rees-Mogg during PMQs.

He might have encouraged him to do it but he's had it up his sleeve for a while, it was discussed before hand and he was urged not to use it. Nadine Dorries tweeted about is six months ago and deleted her tweet, so it's something that the right wing have been knocking about for a while. It is shameful that a mainstream party has dragged itself into the gutter and trying to drag conspiracy theories from the fringes of the looney right wing into the mainstream. Never thought this would happen here, but never before has a party being taking over, the brexit wide boys, useless blond narcissist and incapable cabinet are in control.

The ray of hope is that the wider political eco-system has come to the defence of our political system, we now need to solve how the record is corrected to stop Boris lying to parliament and maybe the Boris defenders will join the throngs of tory voters who have seen him for what he is.

• Like 5

I think the rise in the acceptance of authoritarianism at this moment in time is because there is not really any significant totalitarian adversary to point out where having liberty is a source of resistance now the memory of Soviet communism is fading and those who opposed fascism are passing. There is a general swing back to these things as a response to not all the worlds problems being solved. I am reminded of the word of the economist Hiram Minsky who said "stability causes instability" He was talking about economies and markets but these are a human manifestation like politics is. When economies are stable in an attempt to find better returns people start taking riskier bets assuming that everything will be alright, ultimately causing problems (you can probably think of examples of this, I am going to leave it vague to not have to argue over specifics) Well what we have had recently is stable politics for a while with no significant outliers, this has produced the opportunity for radical elements to ferment with nothing clearly problematic to fixate on needing a solution.

Fun times ahead boys and girls. Rees Mogg Twat promoted to being a full member of Cabinet and now we have a minister for Brexit opportunities. Just wait for stories about crowns on beer glasses and the joys of having a black passport.

Interesting to see that Johnson's change of Government direction means even more jobs for Etonians. I bet the red wall voters just can't get enough of the posh boys's voices. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mystic Force said:

I think the rise in the acceptance of authoritarianism at this moment in time is because there is not really any significant totalitarian adversary to point out where having liberty is a source of resistance now the memory of Soviet communism is fading and those who opposed fascism are passing. There is a general swing back to these things as a response to not all the worlds problems being solved. I am reminded of the word of the economist Hiram Minsky who said "stability causes instability" He was talking about economies and markets but these are a human manifestation like politics is. When economies are stable in an attempt to find better returns people start taking riskier bets assuming that everything will be alright, ultimately causing problems (you can probably think of examples of this, I am going to leave it vague to not have to argue over specifics) Well what we have had recently is stable politics for a while with no significant outliers, this has produced the opportunity for radical elements to ferment with nothing clearly problematic to fixate on needing a solution.

The new contributing factor is social media and algorithms feeding all manner of shit in front of people. Deliberately with Facebook as they have admitted hate sells so these nutters encourage each other whereas in past would have had to make more of an effort. Also attention spans are clearly diminishing so many don’t put time or use their will to read any substance just a tweet or TikTok video will do it. Made for likes of Johnson 
Actually all a bit depressing really. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Fun times ahead boys and girls. Rees Mogg Twat promoted to being a full member of Cabinet and now we have a minister for Brexit opportunities. Just wait for stories about crowns on beer glasses and the joys of having a black passport.

Interesting to see that Johnson's change of Government direction means even more jobs for Etonians. I bet the red wall voters just can't get enough of the posh boys's voices. 

I will welcome the return of the coal man

5 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Quite possible. All you need to do is indirectly link pedophilia and a named individual, without any evidence or justification, ( as BoJo did with KS ), and these twats are off and running.

BTW; the Gove incident was last October, so in no way linked to the current situation.

No, but....

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, whelk said:

I will welcome the return of the coal man

Given the soon-to-be price of fuel, I’m actively anticipating illegal ‘coal poaching’ activities in wales/north. Digging coal out of abandoned mines & burning for heat / power would save less socially-observant types a fortune, maybe they’d even make some cash…

28 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

No, but....

Do you think that the Tories deliberately distorting the argument by saying that Starmer was responsible/should take responsibility because he was head of the CPS are being disingenuous because they are refusing to make the same demand of the person who is undoubtedly head of #10 Downing Street ?

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 4

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.