The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Look, a sneaky peak (just 2-3 days) of our efforts to support Ukraine  (and this is what has been allowed to be shared). This ramped up a great deal as the threat of invasion became more likely. This was alongside significant training, intel and such like.

Of course, posting this makes me Tory/Russian  SCUM!

If the cap fits. You are a Touriegh, therefore!

I have a female relative with severe mental health issues, who has just been told she will not be getting her PIP renewed. She has been scored 0 points for eating disorders despite being both anorexic and bulemic. She had also been told that her score was marked down for being too chatty in answering one of the questions on her telephone interview : for that question she was so upset, due to her mental state, that she had passed the phone to her mother and left the room, and her mother then informed the interviewer that she was answering the question on her daughter's behalf. There is no mention in the report that on 4 occasions her mother had to intervene on the call to prevent further distress.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

I have a female relative with severe mental health issues, who has just been told she will not be getting her PIP renewed. She has been scored 0 points for eating disorders despite being both anorexic and bulemic. She had also been told that her score was marked down for being too chatty in answering one of the questions on her telephone interview : for that question she was so upset, due to her mental state, that she had passed the phone to her mother and left the room, and her mother then informed the interviewer that she was answering the question on her daughter's behalf. There is no mention in the report that on 4 occasions her mother had to intervene on the call to prevent further distress.

That is dreadful and shows the real world consequences of how your vote matters. 
Dont ever let those bastards back in.

• Sad 1

On 02/03/2022 at 15:44, badgerx16 said:

Sorry to hear that. Its a dreadful and degrading process. I've been there twice with a close family member. Both times we've reviewed / appealed and both times got a few points. Then appealed to the tribunal, and both times got the right points awarded within days without having to get to the tribunal. Her renewal is due on May and I'm braced for the same nonsense, but until it gets sorted (hopefully) she'll have the worry which nobody with acute mental health problems needs.

Hopefully your relative can get help to fight the system, and then the right outcome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, egg said:

Sorry to hear that. Its a dreadful and degrading process. I've been there twice with a close family member. Both times we've reviewed / appealed and both times got a few points. Then appealed to the tribunal, and both times got the right points awarded within days without having to get to the tribunal. Her renewal is due on May and I'm braced for the same nonsense, but until it gets sorted (hopefully) she'll have the worry which nobody with acute mental health problems needs.

Hopefully your relative can get help to fight the system, and then the right outcome. 

What is frustrating is that when you have a diagnosis, physical or mental it doesn't matter, where the condition is permanent and will only get worse, how can you score fewer points than you did previously when answering the same questions.

26 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

What is frustrating is that when you have a diagnosis, physical or mental it doesn't matter, where the condition is permanent and will only get worse, how can you score fewer points than you did previously when answering the same questions.

Quite, that's the point to make on appeal. "The issue has not improved since the assessment dated xx when the determination was yy, and the assessor wholly misunderstood the issue and made an incorrect assessment, etc etc ".

All decisions until the Tribunal appeal are by the DWP or its "independent" agencies. At the Tribunal stage you get a truly independent, and competent, human being and in my experience just making a credible appeal has been to get the DWP to back down. 

On 02/03/2022 at 15:44, badgerx16 said:

You should pass that story to Private Eye. They often report on ridiculous decisions around PIP cases such as that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, egg said:

Quite, that's the point to make on appeal. "The issue has not improved since the assessment dated xx when the determination was yy, and the assessor wholly misunderstood the issue and made an incorrect assessment, etc etc ".

All decisions until the Tribunal appeal are by the DWP or its "independent" agencies. At the Tribunal stage you get a truly independent, and competent, human being and in my experience just making a credible appeal has been to get the DWP to back down. 

Went to tribunal first time around, got boosted from 4 points to 37 !!! Such things as scoring 0 for eating disorders because she could prepare food - for her family. She also got scored down because she can use a knife - she has a history of self harm.

We are now well practiced in this, and letters to her MP and Andy Burnham are on the way as well as working through the process. She was on the phone to one of the medical reviewers today and he said it should have gone through on the nod, he suspected that the judgement had been made without reference to her ( substantial ) medical records at all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Went to tribunal first time around, got boosted from 4 points to 37 !!! Such things as scoring 0 for eating disorders because she could prepare food - for her family. She also got scored down because she can use a knife - she has a history of self harm.

We are now well practiced in this, and letters to her MP and Andy Burnham are on the way as well as working through the process. She was on the phone to one of the medical reviewers today and he said it should have gone through on the nod, he suspected that the judgement had been made without reference to her ( substantial ) medical records at all.

Glad to hear she's got the support. The sad thing is that there are many people without the support who get stitched up by the system and have to take it. Very sad situation. 

10 minutes ago, egg said:

Glad to hear she's got the support. The sad thing is that there are many people without the support who get stitched up by the system and have to take it. Very sad situation. 

I spent a significant part of my IT career trying to implement and interface with CrAPITA IT systems. I assume it's a group wide level of incompetence.

I see that Boris has put Gavin Williamson up for a knighthood.

This idiot is up there with Chris Grayling on the incompetency scale. He must have some compromising stuff from his time as Chief Whip.

He will now be able to be incompetent in the House of Lords. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ecuk268 said:

I see that Boris has put Gavin Williamson up for a knighthood.

This idiot is up there with Chris Grayling on the incompetency scale. He must have some compromising stuff from his time as Chief Whip.

He will now be able to be incompetent in the House of Lords. 

A knighthood doesn’t get you in the House of Lords, he’s still an MP……

I suspect Gavin's announcement was just a little tester to see how people react to crazy news during the Ukrainian 'special operations'.

I'm expecting the results of the 'party' investigations to be quietly announced later this week, sandwiched between pictures of babies with missing limbs and dying Grandmas after their accomodation blocks have been hit by missiles (although they need to hurry up as there won't be many of those left by Wednesday!).

War has been pretty good for Boris, taking the attention away from his misdemeanours whilst giving him a platform for his best Winston impressions.

• Like 1

Yes, it occured to me how convenient this war is for Johnson. Whenever the results of the Met investigation and full Sue Gray report are released it will be dwarfed on the news agenda by Ukraine. However damning the findings, the appetite for a change of PM at this time will be very small. I want to see the back of him as much as anyone, but doubt that a change would be in anyone's best interest at this particular time.

It may well be his Falklands moment, but even Thatcher wasn't in bed with the Argentinians and up to her neck in bribes from them.

Johnson can't even enter a war without some ambiguity about which side he's actually supporting - he's up to his neck in Russian money and going against the security reports from his own advisors.

Every time you imagine that you can't think any less of him, he finds a way.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Can’t even get Ukrainian refugees into the country. Everything this govt touches turns to shit. What an embarrassment.

Yet they let 100 migrants a day come over in small boats from France.

11 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

I dare you to watch this and describe where we live as Great Britain.

You don’t have to be a “leftie” or “pinko” for this piece to resonate with you. You just need to have a modicum of human decency.

Edited by sadoldgit
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

You don’t have to be a “leftie” or “pinko” for this piece to resonate with you. Just a modicum of human decency.

I thought you were banging on a while back that imigration was about racism and the Tommy Robinson supporters who were against it were all racist and hated anyone who wasn't white. Surely this proves that immigration is not down to colour of skin, making you wrong yet again. 

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I thought you were banging on a while back that imigration was about racism and the Tommy Robinson supporters who were against it were all racist and hated anyone who wasn't white. Surely this proves that immigration is not down to colour of skin, making you wrong yet again. 

Racism isn't just about skin colour, just ask the Irish.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

So John Bercow gets banned from Parliament for life having been found to be a bully and a liar. Priti Patel and Boris Johnson next then surely?

My god you’re boring, have a day off will you? I thought you’d love Bercow after he said Johnson was the worst prime minister he’d ever seen. 

20 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

So John Bercow gets banned from Parliament for life having been found to be a bully and a liar. Priti Patel and Boris Johnson next then surely?

Must be. Surely there wouldn’t be double standards with this corrupt lot.

• Like 3

Private Eye has been outstanding the last couple of months, Boris and his mate Lebedev and the interactions with Farage and Banks make me wonder when its all going to implode. What with the naming in parliament of them as agents of Russia. I think the main problem with Brexiteers will be trying to explain that they weren't swayed by 30 years of propaganda treatment direct from the Kremlin.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, swannymere said:

Private Eye has been outstanding the last couple of months, Boris and his mate Lebedev and the interactions with Farage and Banks make me wonder when its all going to implode. What with the naming in parliament of them as agents of Russia. I think the main problem with Brexiteers will be trying to explain that they weren't swayed by 30 years of propaganda treatment direct from the Kremlin.

He is clearly a very likable chap

Reminder of what an opportunist egotistical fucker he truly is today.

Likening Ukrainian fight with the Brexit vote. And then claiming Labour who have been totally supportive would wave white flag to Putin. He is an obnoxious cunt revelling now but still an absolute moral vacuum of a man. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, whelk said:

Reminder of what an opportunist egotistical fucker he truly is today.

Likening Ukrainian fight with the Brexit vote. And then claiming Labour who have been totally supportive would wave white flag to Putin. He is an obnoxious cunt revelling now but still an absolute moral vacuum of a man. 

Starmer did the right thing initially but the gloves have to come off now. Turn up the pressure to get the Russian interference report published. Even Julia Hartley-Brewer for example is calling Boris a moron for making the Brexit-Ukraine comparison, people voting in an election vs being invaded. The fact that Putin and Trump were so delighted at Brexit tells you that 52% of the British public - well, mostly England and some extent Wales to be fair to Scotland and NI - got mugged by the bots and extremist trolls rolled out of the Kremlin. Brexit emboldened Putin towards the Ukrainian invasion by thinking the liberal democratic West was in ruins as did the knuckle draggers voting Trump and far right in later that year. 

The fact that 6 whole fucking years after the referendum the Tories are still trying to come up at their so called spring conference today with a single reason why it was a good idea says it all. Now the world lines up democracies v autocracies and the UK has weakened itself. I think the stupid fat moron was banking on Trump getting back in. 

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 7

I'm trying hard to understand the rationale behind BJ's comparison.

Give me a minute.

No sorry still not there. Yes Brexit was a "choice", and I don't buy all this Kremlin backed brianwashing troll the thick UK public bollocks, Brexit was a result of years of dissatisfaction with the UK's relationship with the EU, immigration concerns etc. That was 6 years ago, the EU did not implode, the UK muddled through, the US survived the worst president in their history and the Chinese freighters continued docking at the wests ports. Oil and gas flowed from Russia uninterupted by the UK's Brexit tantrum. The Ukrainians don't have the luxury of easy choices, fight, die or be enslaved, possibly all three who knows. If BJ had cited the Battle of Britain that would have been a reasonable comparison, not in living memory certainly but still important as a symbol of resistance.

I voted Tory, the lesser of two evils if you like ( and before Warriorsaint climbs on  this I voted for Blair too), now I think Boris in particular in a class A cunt and totally unfit for high office. I'm not sure about Starmer yet, he needs to subtly up his game a little but he seems a more stable and trustworthy individual than his opponent, although the hard left in Labour will probably scupper his chances (again).

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Seeing as those who voted for Brexit are apparent Nazi's and under the spell of Putin, I can see the comparison of a dash for freedom that he made

Do you, like GM, never actually proof read what you post ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Do you, like GM, never actually proof read what you post ?

No you will find he is just a thick twat trawling internet and posting second hand opinions as his own but fundamentally too dense to put up any coherent argument as to what he believes. Clearly selfish and a coward, epitomising why Putin thinks the west is weak as full of Batman sorts.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Seeing as those who voted for Brexit are apparent Nazi's and under the spell of Putin, I can see the comparison of a dash for freedom that he made

Putin was very much pro-Brexit, that is just a fact.

As for the comparison, it is just nonsense trying to appeal to the swivel-eyed fuck-wits in the Tory party.

36 minutes ago, whelk said:

No you will find he is just a thick twat trawling internet and posting second hand opinions as his own but fundamentally too dense to put up any coherent argument as to what he believes. Clearly selfish and a coward, epitomising why Putin thinks the west is weak as full of Batman sorts.

GpXuDLg.jpg

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 2

Dowden is an empty vessel, a blank magnolia wall, a pointless individual who makes Chris Grayling look dynamic.

He was sent out yesterday with an appalling script of nonsense to plod through, in an effort to fire up simpletons clapping like retarded seals, but the dozy fuckwit could barely master the art of reading and standing up at the same time.

I wouldn't trust him to sit the correct way on a toilet.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.