The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

For those saying nots the time to get rid of the c*nt.....

GB changed PM

four times in the war in Afghanistan

in the Iraq War

in the Gulf War

in the Korean War

in the Second World War 

in the First World War

in the Second Boer War

in the Second Opium War

in the Crimean War

twice in the Peninsular War

• Like 6

6 hours ago, warsash saint said:

For those saying nots the time to get rid of the c*nt.....

GB changed PM

four times in the war in Afghanistan

in the Iraq War

in the Gulf War

in the Korean War

in the Second World War 

in the First World War

in the Second Boer War

in the Second Opium War

in the Crimean War

twice in the Peninsular War

It's a perfect encapsulation of the modern Conservative Party in that they have all trooped out to say that Boris simply must stay because of the war, but at exactly the same time they had to cancel this week's recall of parliament to discuss Putin's use of chemical weapons because the PM didn't want to answer questions about parties there.

Anyone would think Boris is driving a tank they way these people are going on. The war will carry on regardless of what that fat prick does.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, LGTL said:

Only Johnson can use a war that we aren’t involved in to save his own arse. Morally bankrupt.

Cunt of a man. 

And cunts of newspapers shamelessly brown nosing the trio this morning. Namely the Sun and Mail especially. Yes, there is war on, UK not directly involved. Shouldn’t be called journalists, they are activists and campaigners, make the Mail put the Conservative logo across the top. First bit of shouting from Downing St and social media activity from Tory Party machine and they shit their pants. So what if PM was there for 9 minutes, rest of us risked prosecution at that stage and thousands dying whilst nurses and doctors worked around the clock to save people. If these two go, Lord knows who we will end up with as the Tories limp on towards the 2023 GE and the lack of alternatives with two brain cells might save them. 

Looking at the unnecessary gridlock in Kent as well, this government and the electorate have a shedload to be ashamed of. 

What is the actual point of the modern Tory party? Ambitious, upwardly mobile party of my youth? Nope. Pro-business? That’s totally out of the window with Brexit. Free market? Ditto. Just seems to be a nationalist, populist rump, a soft focus BNP. Centre Left economics with mixed up and chaotic social conservatism, the latest thing being the attack on C4 which gets no taxpayers funding. With the laws they’ve introduced, they can’t even claim to be libertarian. 

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 10

I have ceased to be amazed and surprised by the unconcealed arrogance and entitlement of this vile and corrupt government.  The whole parliamentary Conservative party is behaving with total disdain for British values and traditions.  No responsibility, no accountability and no compassion.

Edited by moonraker
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, jawillwill said:

Michael Fabricant has defended Boris because, apparently, most nurses and teachers went to get pissed in the staff room after their shifts...

That Boris wannabe twat obviously has a lot of respect for nurses and teachers then

44 minutes ago, Mystic Force said:

People who agree with the general principles of conservatism could still get a better leader to express those wishes surely instead of hanging on to this idiot.

He will be kept in office as a human shield / useful idiot for another 12 months then ditched in favour of whoever the Tories want to lead them into the next election.

• Like 3

What can you do when you've been found out and the pressure to resign is building?

1. Resign.

2. Chuck out a batshit crazy money-burning idea about Rwanda that will distract from the current crisis and generate a new smaller one that's less-damaging personally.

It's so shallow and predictable, only the easily-led will be fooled by these stunts.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

What can you do when you've been found out and the pressure to resign is building?

1. Resign.

2. Chuck out a batshit crazy money-burning idea about Rwanda that will distract from the current crisis and generate a new smaller one that's less-damaging personally.

It's so shallow and predictable, only the easily-led will be fooled by these stunts.

To say nothing of the carbon footprint of each person flown south of the equator, to a country that is probably best known for genocide.

• Like 1

I'm sure the private companies that will make hundreds of millions of pounds from this doomed-to-failure distraction PR stunt will have no links at all to current ministers....

It has all the potential to be another daylight robbery - they believe we are all stupid.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

I'm sure the private companies that will make hundreds of millions of pounds from this doomed-to-failure distraction PR stunt will have no links at all to current ministers....

It has all the potential to be another daylight robbery - they believe we are all stupid.

No, they believe enough of us are stupid to get them re-elected.

• Like 2

I wrote to my MP about the Johnson situation and said that he needs to resign. This is the reply -

Thank you for writing to me about the fixed penalty notice issued to the Prime Minister in 12th April.

I very much appreciate your anger. The PM has rightly apologised for the events that took place at 10 Downing Street. He should never have been put in that position and that is why reform was needed in the way Downing Street is run.

it is not my view that the PM should resign. It is now time to get on with the job of levelling up, boosting the economy and the NHS after the pandemic and leading global efforts to support Ukraine. He has my full support.

Yours sincerely,

Damian Collins.

What a spineless toad. So the fault lies with anyone else apart from the man running the country and setting the rules. Disgraceful. Sadly he has a safe seat so will probably not be affected by the fall out.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I wrote to my MP about the Johnson situation and said that he needs to resign. This is the reply -

Thank you for writing to me about the fixed penalty notice issued to the Prime Minister in 12th April.

I very much appreciate your anger. The PM has rightly apologised for the events that took place at 10 Downing Street. He should never have been put in that position and that is why reform was needed in the way Downing Street is run.

it is not my view that the PM should resign. It is now time to get on with the job of levelling up, boosting the economy and the NHS after the pandemic and leading global efforts to support Ukraine. He has my full support.

Yours sincerely,

Damian Collins.

What a spineless toad. So the fault lies with anyone else apart from the man running the country and setting the rules. Disgraceful. Sadly he has a safe seat so will probably not be affected by the fall out.

What did you expect him to say? Even if he thinks he should privately he's not going to put it in a reply to some random person he's never heard of venting his spleen about it. 

5 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Given that you voted for him it’s a shame you don’t stay home more, especially on voting days. 

To be fair to Lord D he probably didn't vote for him, unless he lives in Uxbridge and South Ruislip.

Boris needs to go and soon.  He is a disgrace to his office and embarrassment to the country he purports to serve.  He lacks conviction and his ego dictates his policy making.  Never mind doubting the media, anyone believing a word that comes out of his mouth without checking for themselves is seriously naive.  He's not even a proper Tory.  He attracts the worse kind of human around him.  Underneath his cuddly, bumbling, oh-so-genial, man of the people persona lurks a manipulative, racist, sexist, homophobic narcissist.  He appointed Priti Patel.  He appointed Gavin Williamson and then made him a knight when he sacked him.  His biggest cheerleader is Jacob Rees Mogg.    I could go on.  The litany is long.

Edited by The Left Back
This is just my opinion. Make your own mind up
  • Like 2

Recently when abroad I met many Canadians, Americans and a man high up in the French diplomatic circle. When talking to these people you notice how they:

a) Bring up Johnson as a subject for discussion.

b) Have a puzzled tone to their voice when discussing him. They wonder how can a country like the UK have a man like him in charge. They tend to find it rather amusing.

The man is doing untold damage to the reputation of this country. He is not regarded as a statesman and the image of Britain abroad is not a good one. 

The sooner that he is gone the better.

• Like 3

Just now, Tamesaint said:

Recently, when abroad, I met many Canadians, Americans and a man high up in the French diplomatic circle. When talking to these people you notice how they:

b) Have a puzzled tone to their voice when discussing him. They wonder how can a country like the UK have a man like him in charge. They tend to find it rather amusing.

The man is doing untold damage to the reputation of this country. He is not regarded as a statesman and the image of Britain that he conveys abroad is not a good one. The sooner that he is gone the better.

37 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Recently when abroad I met many Canadians, Americans and a man high up in the French diplomatic circle. When talking to these people you notice how they:

The man is doing untold damage to the reputation of this country. He is not regarded as a statesman and the image of Britain abroad is not a good one. 

The sooner that he is gone the better.

Americans have no reason to make comments about BoJo, they elected Donny as President.

2 hours ago, The Left Back said:

To be fair to Lord D he probably didn't vote for him, unless he lives in Uxbridge and South Ruislip.

Boris needs to go and soon.  He is a disgrace to his office and embarrassment to the country he purports to serve.  He lacks conviction and his ego dictates his policy making.  Never mind doubting the media, anyone believing a word that comes out of his mouth without checking for themselves is seriously naive.  He's not even a proper Tory.  He attracts the worse kind of human around him.  Underneath his cuddly, bumbling, oh-so-genial, man of the people persona lurks a manipulative, racist, sexist, homophobic narcissist.  He appointed Priti Patel.  He appointed Gavin Williamson and then made him a knight when he sacked him.  His biggest cheerleader is Jacob Rees Mogg.    I could go on.  The litany is long.

He supported Johnson as leader of the Tory party, mainly due to his Get Brexit Done mantra (we are still waiting). To be fair he does call the current lot pinkos but then Duckie is quite far right. He still can’t bring himself to condemn this shameless lot though, even though the radio chat shows have been full of callers saying they voted for the Tories and are embarrassed to say so now. It is just one embarrassment after another. wTF is going on with the Rwanda deal? It seems like a never ending episode of Inside No 9. This has gone way beyond party politics. We need a PM with conviction, integrity and a backbone in times like these, not a spineless, self serving, inept, embarrassing, morally bankrupt Trumplite charlatan. It’s hard to imagine a worse time to have this PM and his bunch of incompetents in the cabinet in power. Sadly people like Duckie still can’t find it in their hears to call Johnson out for what he is. The best he can do is call him a pinko (which is so far wide of the mark it’s embarrassing). Johnson does what is best for Johnson. He resonates with selfish people who cannot see what is wrong with living your life putting yourself first and everyone else be damned. Thatcher (whom Duckie still idolises) made it ok to be greedy. Jonson makes it ok to be selfish and shameless. Throw in Brexit making it ok to be xenophobic and nationalistic and you have a once decent country gradually turning into a paradise for a-holes.

We can only hope that the vast majority who fell for his guff can now see what they let themselves and the country in for and change their votes accordingly when the times come. Duckie , sadly, is a lost cause.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Typical Soggy. He was calling for off shore holding areas abroad for migrants to be processed. Now Priti has done so, he’s moaning about it. Consistent as ever. 

How many thousand miles is Rwanda away? Not only that, there is no coming back here if your application is successful. You stay there in a country with an appalling human rights record. If we can set something up there why can’t we do so closer to home, like Calais? We used to send people we didn’t want here to Australia and before that, the Americas. Now, in the 21st century we are doing it again, only to Africa. Still, it will play well with you gammons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

How many thousand miles is Rwanda away? Not only that, there is no coming back here if your application is successful. You stay there in a country with an appalling human rights record. If we can set something up there why can’t we do so closer to home, like Calais? We used to send people we didn’t want here to Australia and before that, the Americas. Now, in the 21st century we are doing it again, only to Africa. Still, it will play well with you gammons.

Load of old pony. Lol reverse ferret. Now it’s not the principle, it’s the distance. Soggy calls for the Govt to set up holding stations abroad, they do it, “no, not there”  shouts Soggy.

You’re a blagger Soggy, you spent days arguing for this, whilst I was opposing it. Now you’re somehow claiming it’ll play well with me. Lol, You need to start editing your posts from Jan time, we can still read them you know. 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Mystic Force said:

Not sure that "Invest in Rwanda" sponsorship on Arsenal's* shirts was intended to get this particular result

*I think it was Arsenal, i am sure I will get corrected if not

Is Arsenal but Visit Rwanda

Edited by whelk

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

So the question is ... Are Tory supporters on here happy with the Rwandan asylum plan? Is it achieving its main aim of distracting Boris  supporters from Partygate?  

Edited by Tamesaint

The mad Rwanda stunt was a nice distraction for a few days but if another covid fine lands, like a £10k one for his current missus, who some claim was a serial party organiser, that'll put Partygate straight back into the news agenda top three.

He needs another distraction...maybe leak more stuff on the dodgy Sunaks?...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

The mad Rwanda stunt was a nice distraction for a few days but if another covid fine lands, like a £10k one for his current missus, who some claim was a serial party organiser, that'll put Partygate straight back into the news agenda top three.

He needs another distraction...maybe leak more stuff on the dodgy Sunaks?...

Watch out the Mail are banging on about civil servants WFH. 

20 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Load of old pony. Lol reverse ferret. Now it’s not the principle, it’s the distance. Soggy calls for the Govt to set up holding stations abroad, they do it, “no, not there”  shouts Soggy.

You’re a blagger Soggy, you spent days arguing for this, whilst I was opposing it. Now you’re somehow claiming it’ll play well with me. Lol, You need to start editing your posts from Jan time, we can still read them you know. 

Surely the point is to make the situation more efficient and better for all (not just the migrants, for the administrators too). Sending them thousands of miles to a country with a poor record of human rights and leaving them there when they are applying to come here might appeal to the likes of Johnson, Patel, their cronies and the right wing xenophobes (feel free to include yourself in this list Duckie) but the point is to make things better for migrants, not worse. Clearly the plan is to make things even harder for migrants so as to deter them from wanting to come here in the first place. As I said before, it plays well with the gammons but, unsurprisingly, anyone with a shred of common decency is calling it out for what it is. My posts have been about making it easier for migrants to apply for asylum here, not Rwanda. I am not sure how that is a reversal of my position? With you level of understanding perhaps you are seeking a job with Priti Patel? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, whelk said:

Watch out the Mail are banging on about civil servants WFH. 

Not really sure who their demographic is these days. Broadsheets have traditionally been graduate or equivalent professional experience territory, but the Mail used to be what was called mid market which had some professionals and skilled trades in it. Since Geordie Greig left, they seem to be trying to pitch in on the Sun’s ‘left without any qualifications or skills’ audience.

Very odd, the pensioners who have always read it will probably agree with them on not only civil servants but a lot of multinational and national large private sector firms who they consider ‘woke’. Even a lot of SMEs have some staff on a hybrid model to compete on the recruitment market, it’s an employees market out there. Whereas the Mail always look through the perspective of the 1980s when technology was rudimentary. A total of their journalists are from that era and probably quietly seething at their Victorian era owners and editorial board from the ark in terms of lack of flexibility but too cowardly to take that into print. 

As a non public sector senior manager, I’m on a 3-in 2 WFH pattern and the latter two days are my most productive. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.