The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I disagree.

I said at the time (when it was mooted that someone else should be fired for meeting their partner at the beach IIRC), that no-one should lose their livelihood due to Covid regulations.  They were simply not designed for that level of 'punishment'.

Don't take this as apologising for Boris as I think he's a complete bell-end as everyone else does and I'm under no illusion that he (or anyone else involved) is 'sorry' for what they did, sorry that they've been found out maybe.

I'm pretty sure that everyone (deliberately) broke the regulations at some point last year, so where do you draw the line?  All those attending protests and memorials / whatever other mass gatherings happened, also broke the rules, should they also be forced to lose their jobs.  I'm sure we all know someone who had a party in their garden during lockdown, should they be fired as well?

"no-one should lose their livelihood"

That worked well, didn't it. Countless businesses have folded or are up to their ears in debt because of the restrictions. 

• Like 1

I'm sure there is plenty of ongoing 'consultancy work' agreed between off shore BorisPLC and a plethora of PPE companies.

That should generate enough cash to cover most of his childcare costs moving forward, unless of course he was the only cabinet minister not to benefit from having given out valuable 'advice' in the last two years...

So don't worry about him too much, I think he'll have some nice 'pensions' on the go. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

I see Liz Truss is doing the 'time to move on' line, if she thinks that's the right line for public to hear right now, then she hasn't got the judgement skills to be the next PM.

You are very correct.... but she is not gunning for public opinion.  The neanderthals who make up the Conservative party membership are the ones who vote for the Tory leader. They are her target.  Remember they are the people who choose the likes of Baker, Swayne, Chope and Redwood etc to represent them. They will lap up the sight of a blonde bimbo sitting next to the Union Jack and asking for people to" move on". I dare say for example  that our old mate Wes Tender is having wet dreams over her. 

Her main contender for the leadership, Rishi, isn't going out of his way to appeal to them. He annoys them by raising taxes and trying to be responsible for the nation's finances. I dare say some of them don't like the colour of his skin.

Truss is playing a clever game. God help us if she succeeds.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

You are very correct.... but she is not gunning for public opinion.  The neanderthals who make up the Conservative party membership are the ones who vote for the Tory leader. They are her target.  Remember they are the people who choose the likes of Baker, Swayne, Chope and Redwood etc to represent them. They will lap up the sight of a blonde bimbo sitting next to the Union Jack and asking for people to" move on". I dare say for example  that our old mate Wes Tender is having wet dreams over her. 

Her main contender for the leadership, Rishi, isn't going out of his way to appeal to them. He annoys them by raising taxes and trying to be responsible for the nation's finances. I dare say some of them don't like the colour of his skin.

Truss is playing a clever game. God help us if she succeeds.

Will be interesting to see how both Sunak and Truss play it.  They're both "young" for a prime ministerial candidate and if there is a feeling that the Tories are now fucked for the next election they might steer clear with the hope they can pick things up when there's a more positive trajectory.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Will be interesting to see how both Sunak and Truss play it.  They're both "young" for a prime ministerial candidate and if there is a feeling that the Tories are now fucked for the next election they might steer clear with the hope they can pick things up when there's a more positive trajectory.

The next election is certainly still winnable for the Tories if they ditch Johnson, resolve Brexit possibly by joining EEA / EFTA and appoint someone credible. Sunak could certainly beat the limited Starmer. I don't want to even consider Truss could win.   

13 hours ago, buctootim said:

The next election is certainly still winnable for the Tories if they ditch Johnson, resolve Brexit possibly by joining EEA / EFTA and appoint someone credible. Sunak could certainly beat the limited Starmer. I don't want to even consider Truss could win

Rishi is a good old Southampton lad but he's still a tory.  No idea on what version of tory he is so could end up being very close to Starmer on the political spectrum.

So, an enquiry instigated by Boris Johnson, into the actions of Boris Johnson, carried out by an employee of Boris Johnson, will be submitted to Boris Johnson so that Boris Johnson can determine if Boris Johnson is in breach of any rules or codes, and what, if any, consequences Boris Johnson might have to face.

I have complete faith in this process.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

So, an enquiry instigated by Boris Johnson, into the actions of Boris Johnson, carried out by an employee of Boris Johnson, will be submitted to Boris Johnson so that Boris Johnson can determine if Boris Johnson is in breach of any rules or codes, and what, if any, consequences Boris Johnson might have to face.

I have complete faith in this process.

Nutshell. All avoiding the obvious point that Boris knows exactly what he's done and shouldn't have to be told. It's like taking a shit and asking someone to look in the toilet to decide whether you have in fact laid a turd. All a bit fucked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, jawillwill said:

Apparently "wine time Fridays" were held throughout lockdown at 10 Downing Street. They bought a beer fridge especially. Sounds just like working at a hipster tech firm, just without the vegans and top knots.

I love the story about using a suitcase to collect the booze in rather than plastic bags as it cuts down on the ‘clinking’. Proper hardcore!

6 hours ago, The Left Back said:

Rishi is a good old Southampton lad but he's still a tory.  No idea on what version of tory he is so could end up being very close to Starmer on the political spectrum.

Yep Im not saying I agree with him - I don't even know what his policies are - but he does seem competent and principled, which would be a big step in the right direction  

The next stage in the plan to save the small manky flea-riddled rescue dog will probably be to distance him from the Downing Street staff and hang them all out to dry.

We'll have some old drivel about how the staff have gone rogue behind the PM's back, disobeying him and organising parties on his behalf in his own house and making him attend them.

This new toxic culture within the staff brought in after the last clear out will mean they must be cleared out, allowing the common factor to stay put.

All of this will be accompanied by ministers trying to align themselves with public anger, but the big difference will be that the ministers will pretend to be angry about the made-up staff issue, while the rest of the country can see who is really to blame.

This feeble attempt to rewrite history will no doubt be accompanied by various dead cats, Gavin Williamson, rules being lifted, a fabricated story about spies, some argument with the French and a picture of Kier Starmer on holiday three years ago.

Then we'll have the Sue report - someone with no power to speak to anyone, appointed by Boris, reporting back to Boris, so Boris can decide whether Boris has done anything wrong.

Any mild criticisms that slip through vetting can then be dismissed as the problem will by then have been 'resolved' through  a mass clear-out of innocent bystanders and it'll be business as usual.

But I could be wrong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SalmonSi said:

I wonder how many of you can work out for yourselves, why a bunch of well educated people would dare to mix and get drunk together amidst the most deadly pandemic ever? Any guesses? I mean, it's almost as if they were not scared....you know, like perhaps because they know it is all BS? 😁

Stay clear of subjects you are out of your depth on. You are a tiresome cunt on the Covid thread. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SalmonSi said:

I wonder how many of you can work out for yourselves, why a bunch of well educated people would dare to mix and get drunk together amidst the most deadly pandemic ever? Any guesses? I mean, it's almost as if they were not scared....you know, like perhaps because they know it is all BS? 😁

That’s your first mistake.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SalmonSi said:

Do you ever stop to read what you have written? I used to think you were just a WUM and posted this stuff to amuse yourself, but I am beginning to think you are really serious. 

On 14/01/2022 at 13:30, aintforever said:

The important difference is that these were the people making the rules and forcing them on everyone else. My Dad died April of that year and we were only allowed 4 people at the funeral, whilst those Tory cunts were partying.

It's vital that leaders set an example. If we are unlucky and there is another more severe variation of Covid that evades the vaccines some time in the future then we might need another lockdown, how is anyone from this government going to be able to get that to happen now?

Ah bless you for being so naive as to think that the Government and party leaders have 'morals' :mcinnes:

22 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Do you ever stop to read what you have written? I used to think you were just a WUM and posted this stuff to amuse yourself, but I am beginning to think you are really serious. 

He is not a real human. I wouldn't worry too much about him.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Boris claims nobody warned him the drinks party was against the rules. He made the f**king rules !!! He shouldn't have had to rely on others to keep him onside.

I really, really, really, really hope someone has evidence of Boris saying "looking forward to the party" via email or video or something.  Would be magnificent.

"I didn't know we were talking about that party"

13 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Boris claims nobody warned him the drinks party was against the rules. He made the f**king rules !!! He shouldn't have had to rely on others to keep him onside.

It's an appalling defence but plenty will swallow it whole.

I've seen too many supportive Minister interviews where they say that Johnson is responsible for delivering the vaccines, the furlough, keeping the economy moving and so on and so on. He's totally responsible for all of that stuff but absolutely not responsible for anything happening in his own back garden and organised by his own right hand man. 

Try not to get hopes up but feel there's an email or a photo somewhere.

As the case for the defence hilariously unravels a little more every day it seems the latest plan is to blame the people who didn't tell him he was at his own party and that it was clearly illegal.

Which is like saying, I might have been doing 140mph on the M27 but I'm innocent - it's your fault for not telling me it was wrong.

And anyone who gives themselves the nickname The Big Dog should be f**king tasered anyway.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

They know full well that Sue Grey's report will shy away from any direct criticism of the PM, and when such criticism fails to appear they will turn it into 'no case to answer'.

A risk because whilst they think the electorate are stupid and will move on some toxic things will stick and the ‘No case to answer’ white wash approach will only work on the incredibly dim so may damage them possibly to point of losing the next election. 
When in a few months the tax and energy hikes really hit home that wave of support up north could easily crumble. Won’t get my hopes up as still think Labour has too many basket cases to appeal to the masses.

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

It's an appalling defence but plenty will swallow it whole.

I've seen too many supportive Minister interviews where they say that Johnson is responsible for delivering the vaccines, the furlough, keeping the economy moving and so on and so on. He's totally responsible for all of that stuff but absolutely not responsible for anything happening in his own back garden and organised by his own right hand man. 

Try not to get hopes up but feel there's an email or a photo somewhere.

Quite right. With any organisation you can easily tell if the Captain runs a tight ship. In this case it seems that every Friday everyone was getting tight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

They know full well that Sue Grey's report will shy away from any direct criticism of the PM, and when such criticism fails to appear they will turn it into 'no case to answer'.

Completely exonerated. To be honest this is just the opposition playing politics while we get on with the real work of turning the country around. People want to move on from this.

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Nobody voted for Cummings.

Not sure what that has to do with it? He was the PM’s main advisor wasn't he, employed by him?

Brilliant rant by the way. It’s good to hear someone say on the radio what most normal people are thinking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whelk said:

Yeah you did

I certainly did not. What makes you say that I did?

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Not sure what that has to do with it? He was the PM’s main advisor wasn't he, employed by him?

Brilliant rant by the way. It’s good to hear someone say on the radio what most normal people are thinking.

I was responding to something that he said in his rant. I can’t remember now and I really don’t want to sit through it again.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I certainly did not. What makes you say that I did?

I was responding to something that he said in his rant. I can’t remember now and I really don’t want to sit through it again.

Didn’t mean you personally but voting for Tory you got Johnson and Cummings

25 minutes ago, whelk said:

Didn’t mean you personally but voting for Tory you got Johnson and Cummings

Fair enough, but please don’t include me in those that did. I gave up voting for that load of arseholes years ago. To my eternal shame I used to vote for them but I haven’t done so for years. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Correct.

Let's not forget that the literal interpretation of the coronavirus act also (unfortunately) puts the law on Boris's side.  It wasn't his garden where the party was happening (it was in No10, he lives in No11), he didn't organise the party.  There is a possibility that he 'could' be held liable as he is technically the most 'senior officer' within the organisation where the party was held, however, the law was written so that any discretions were decided by the local constables (presumbly to make it easier to fine the plebs!) and they will argue that the constables guarding number 10 clearly didn't report any breaches of the law.  Moreover it could be argued that the same constables were involved in managing entry into the premises.

Even in the incredibly unlikely event that Sue will report any wrongdoings and they are not subsequently whitewashed, the maximum penalty is a small fine, which no doubt one of Boris's donors will pay anyway!

I know that some people feel the Gov't and party leaders should have morals but I gave up on that particular fairytale many years ago.  This is meant as a literal interpreation of the Coronavirus Act 2020 regarding events and gatherings (S22(5)) and Premises (S22(6)-(8)) as found here and not a defence of Boris and his cronies who were clearly all in the wrong.

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.