The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

27 minutes ago, whelk said:

Without charisma she will be fucked like May who at least had intelligence 

It is her sex appeal that has propelled her career. Most Conservative MPs want to fuck her and are envious of Mark Field. I would even wager that Boris has had a try!  They will doubtless get her on the shortlist for the next leadership contest. If she continues to impersonate Thatcher most of the electorate in any leadership election, the Conservative party membership, will be having wet dreams.

Anyone who can proclaim that it is "a disgrace" that we  import two thirds of our cheese cannot be taken seriously as a politician. What a sad state of affairs that she is apparently close to leadership of the Conservatives. 

Sunak seems to be the publics preference but Truss is favoured by the Tory party members. 

If you want the Tories to win the next election Sunak is your man. If you want Labour to win it’s Truss all the way. She’d end up embarrassing herself just as badly as Johnson 

Edited by buctootim

More evidence of Deregulation failing and another huge bill to bail out by taxpayers as the construction firms will simply put themselves into CVAs. We have a Conservative government which doesn’t understand his capitalism works. They spout it parrot fashion from Minford’s books circa 1978, but don’t get the realities. Rather like Brexit and the 10 year old IT system for imports. Some of the deregulation was Labour as well, but there was enough fire disasters in the 1970s and 1980s growing up to know that putting known flammable materials on residential buildings, especially tall HMOs, is manslaughter. Yet no one is prosecuted and the Grenfell inquiry has been keen so far to pin the blame on the London Fire Brigade and away from the companies supplying the flammable cladding and materials. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59916812

Not as if people couldn’t forecast the problems of using unsafe and flammable materials and systems as far back as 1984 (see last 5 minutes)

On 03/01/2022 at 20:32, Tamesaint said:

It is her sex appeal that has propelled her career. Most Conservative MPs want to fuck her and are envious of Mark Field. I would even wager that Boris has had a try!  They will doubtless get her on the shortlist for the next leadership contest. If she continues to impersonate Thatcher most of the electorate in any leadership election, the Conservative party membership, will be having wet dreams.

Anyone who can proclaim that it is "a disgrace" that we  import two thirds of our cheese cannot be taken seriously as a politician. What a sad state of affairs that she is apparently close to leadership of the Conservatives. 

Sex appeal? Wow. Most Tory women are less appealing than the men. Still, a number found Thatcher appealing so that tells you all you need to know about Tory boys. Perhaps it is all that private education that causes them to grow up with a dominatrix fetish?

1 hour ago, saint1977 said:

More evidence of Deregulation failing and another huge bill to bail out by taxpayers as the construction firms will simply put themselves into CVAs. We have a Conservative government which doesn’t understand his capitalism works. They spout it parrot fashion from Minford’s books circa 1978, but don’t get the realities. Rather like Brexit and the 10 year old IT system for imports. Some of the deregulation was Labour as well, but there was enough fire disasters in the 1970s and 1980s growing up to know that putting known flammable materials on residential buildings, especially tall HMOs, is manslaughter. Yet no one is prosecuted and the Grenfell inquiry has been keen so far to pin the blame on the London Fire Brigade and away from the companies supplying the flammable cladding and materials. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59916812

Not as if people couldn’t forecast the problems of using unsafe and flammable materials and systems as far back as 1984 (see last 5 minutes)

Deregulation of building control, where approved inspectors survive through repeat business, bullied by developers and consultants. It was always going to come to this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Twat smirking as is questioned on another party whilst people died alone. Has anyone not had enough of this smug cunt?

The independent review has just given the twat something to hide behind, safe in the knowledge it will eventually find no fault.

Edited by Fan The Flames

37 minutes ago, egg said:

Blimey. 100 + invites and over 30  there including him and her, all while people weren't able to be around loved ones. Absolute scum. He's a dead man walking, hopefully. 

Start the ball rolling. Write a letter to your MP if he is a Tory expressing your disgust. It will have to be the MPs who get rid of him. If they think he's a liabilty they wont stand by him.

7 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

Start the ball rolling. Write a letter to your MP if he is a Tory expressing your disgust. It will have to be the MPs who get rid of him. If they think he's a liabilty they wont stand by him.

Done. I suspect it won't get past the secretary, but let's see. 

The arrogance beggars belief. On the day they told us we could only meet one other person outside 40 of them were meeting for a piss up. The sad thing is Boris seems to be more interested in trying wriggle out of it and his own preservation than facing up to any writ doing. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The arrogance beggars belief. On the day they told us we could only meet one other person outside 40 of them were meeting for a piss up. The sad thing is Boris seems to be more interested in trying wriggle out of it and his own preservation than facing up to any writ doing. 

Yep. It's one thing after another with this idiot. He'll blame that secretary bloke hoping that'll excuse the fact he employed him, hosted the party, went to it, lied about having one, then smirked when confronted, etc. He's an absolute disgrace. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Ed Argar on GMB, utter embarrassment, why cant these wankers just answer a question rather than blather on making excuses. 

Short straw being wheeled out to try and defend the indefensible. Embarrassing though and they haven’t got a strategy as bang to rights. No room for any nuance

21 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

let me guess - "we will wait for the inquiry" etc?

Pretty much and how we all made sacrifices etc

Anyway, i'm pretty sure over the next week or so there will either be a new variant or a sharp spike in omicron for us to worry about instead 🤔

Whoever's leaking all of this has clearly thought it through.  Leak the first few snippits "implying" a party, get the PM to say he knows nothing about any of it, then drop proof that he was invited and attended a party at the peak of lockdown.  He's bang to right, genuinely don't know how he survives this.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Whoever's leaking all of this has clearly thought it through.  Leak the first few snippits "implying" a party, get the PM to say he knows nothing about any of it, then drop proof that he was invited and attended a party at the peak of lockdown.  He's bang to right, genuinely don't know how he survives this.

Exactly. I read somewhere (perhaps on here) about the time that Allegra Stratton resigned that there were more stories to emerge. Someone is playing this very cleverly.  Perhaps the same person who leaked the photos of Hancock snogging his aide.

19 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Exactly. I read somewhere (perhaps on here) about the time that Allegra Stratton resigned that there were more stories to emerge. Someone is playing this very cleverly.  Perhaps the same person who leaked the photos of Hancock snogging his aide.

Towards the end of Cummings tenure Boris screamed at him about 'fuckin Barnard Castle'. Maybe someone is getting revenge.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Probably the Tory chief whip, Mark Spencer. They know they will be better off hanging all the dirty baggage on Johnson before the next election. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

Towards the end of Cummings tenure Boris screamed at him about 'fuckin Barnard Castle'. Maybe someone is getting revenge.

He's the obvious candidate, spends a lot of time criticising Boris on twitter.  Hope it's someone a little less obvious though, someone like May would be brilliant.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

The response from my Conservative MP was quick and very honest. It would be unfair to share the contents of the email, but it's fair to say that the MP is no less pissed off with Boris than I am. 

4 minutes ago, egg said:

The response from my Conservative MP was quick and very honest. It would be unfair to share the contents of the email, but it's fair to say that the MP is no less pissed off with Boris than I am. 

Does he have any support left? His position is untenable. The whole country either hate him or thing he's laughing stock and his own party seem to have run out of patience with him

3 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

I suspect the next move will be to wait for the results of the inquiry (which will somehow absolve Boris) after which photos of him (probably not socially distancing) at the party will emerge.

26 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Does he have any support left? His position is untenable. The whole country either hate him or thing he's laughing stock and his own party seem to have run out of patience with him

He is finished I think.  Not remotely close to being a Tory, so good riddance.

Edited by AlexLaw76

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Out of interest, how would you define a Tory ? ( I'm sure it will be a long way from my definition ).

Years ago I read a couple of histories of the Labour Party and the Conservative Party.  At the start of each it listed what the party stood for - the labour one went on for half a page and all the things you'd expect - social justice, equality, redistribution of wealth, nationalisation etc etc.  The conservative one just had the sentence, "The Conservative party stands for power".  I think that's probably fairly right.  The Tory party has flirted with ideology (Thatcher the most obvious example) but historically the tories haven't had many sacrificial lambs they weren't prepared to butcher on the altar of success at the ballot box.  I guess fiscally prudent, small government, individualism, low taxation and a belief in market solutions are general Conservative principles.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Years ago I read a couple of histories of the Labour Party and the Conservative Party.  At the start of each it listed what the party stood for - the labour one went on for half a page and all the things you'd expect - social justice, equality, redistribution of wealth, nationalisation etc etc.  The conservative one just had the sentence, "The Conservative party stands for power".  I think that's probably fairly right.  The Tory party has flirted with ideology (Thatcher the most obvious example) but historically the tories haven't had many sacrificial lambs they weren't prepared to butcher on the altar of success at the ballot box.  I guess fiscally prudent, small government, individualism, low taxation and a belief in market solutions are general Conservative principles.  

I'd agree with that but I think the traditional conservative approach is at odds with the challenges facing the world over the coming 20-50 years:

1. Global warming

2. Automation of jobs (unemployment)

3. Hugh increase in the number of elderly

4. Increased likelihood of pandemics

All need dealing with via a wider societal approach.  A hands off approach simply wont work or certainly wont work for a lot of people.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

I guess fiscally prudent, small government, individualism, low taxation and a belief in market solutions are general Conservative principles.  

Thats their claim  - although I did read once that since WW2 the Tory governments had left behind more debt than Labour ones and the tax takes of both parties was very similar. Not sure if true but believable 

• Like 1

The main point of conservatism is in maintaining the status quo and if the current version is not so palatable then a previously envisioned superior time. Its roots are in the preservation of social hierarchies from when land was the source of wealth and not business. As the landed disappeared as a class they happily embraced the cause of preserving the more recently wealthy in opposition to those who would like to join them. Neo liberal economic markets forces ideology is pretty recent, but with the twist of using said forces to entrench rather than empower.

My conclusion is the county is slightly right of center, but used to value competence but for some reason has given up on that.

• Like 1

Is it better for Labour if he stays? He's a complete joke and an embarrassment to the country and so evidently unfit for the job that you wonder if they need to be a bit careful here about pushing for him to go well in advance of the next election.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, benjii said:

Is it better for Labour if he stays? He's a complete joke and an embarrassment to the country and so evidently unfit for the job that you wonder if they need to be a bit careful here about pushing for him to go well in advance of the next election.

Definitely. Anybody but Johnson would give the Tories a bounce, but especially if it was Sunak rather than Truss

The most infuriating thing about this shit-show is this farce of an ‘investigation’. Why the hell do you need an investigation into wether you had a party or not? It’s mental.

It’s just a way of giving those involved time to duck any questions while they can put together the wording for an excuse that fits around the evidence we are allowed to see, and work out which scapegoat they need to fire to save their jobs.

There was a former Met officer on the radio yesterday who said there is so much CCTV covering the area that it would be the easiest thing in the world to work out exactly who was there, what they did in the garden and exactly when they arrived and left.

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.