20/21 Kit

Hatch

Hardly surprising the club use 135 to try to pin it to ‘something’.  Kits change every single year, and there’s three outfield kits every roll out, so any little gimmick to flog them will be picked up on.

I like the idea of having a sash as an away or third kit every year. Could mix up the colours even, white and red, yellow and blue, Everton’s black and red is decent.

22 hours ago, JCBSaint said:

No more sash! This seasons in my opinion was smart but fir me not really us. I do think  there is a case to freshen up from time to time but there’s too much red. I think more white with red rather than other way round but def no more sash. Stripes or the early keegan variants are classic looks. Nobody has that early 80’s look anywhere in all the leagues as far I am aware, def not in the top flight. Rumours are stripes which I will be happy with. I have to say the under armour stuff was too fussy. 

Absolutely! Time for the return of stripes, call it classic, traditional or whatever you like. Saints are red and white stripes for me. Mix it up and mess around with the away kits by all means but let’s get back to basics and give next season a refresh! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sydenhamssocks said:

Absolutely! Time for the return of stripes, call it classic, traditional or whatever you like. Saints are red and white stripes for me. Mix it up and mess around with the away kits by all means but let’s get back to basics and give next season a refresh! 

It depends when you grew up I suppose, but to me Saints aren't traditional red and white stripes at all. Being born in late 69, my first home kit really was the FA cup year- Ted McDougal, thick and thin stripes, then in the eighties we never had stripes at all- well not until the very end of the decade- but I did like that kit! 🙂 

So I always view a traditional red and white stripe as a variation of our red and white theme rather than the traditional kit. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

1885 to 2020 being the 135th anniversary was the main focus of the marketing campaign. 135 years seems a strange number for an anniversary. 

dataimagejpegbase649j4AAQSkZJRgABAQEBLAEsAAD7QAsUG-2f0e7aefa06b9d88fb8f477c0787dce0.jpg

Clearly the main focus of that advert is not the 135, which is in a small little box. The focus is the date that the club was founded along with the idea of 'defying the odds'. 135 is a measurenent not a milestone.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Pedantic Pete said:

It depends when you grew up I suppose, but to me Saints aren't traditional red and white stripes at all. Being born in late 69, my first home kit really was the FA cup year- Ted McDougal, thick and thin stripes, then in the eighties we never had stripes at all- well not until the very end of the decade- but I did like that kit! 🙂 

So I always view a traditional red and white stripe as a variation of our red and white theme rather than the traditional kit. 

I’m almost a decade ahead of you so there’s no doubt that colours our thoughts. Tbh I’ve been fine many of the stripe variations over the years and liked the ‘keegan era’ reverse Ajax, recently re visited.  But I’m done with the sash. Nice for the centenary, other than that a change would be as good as a rest, after this season !  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craigthesaint said:

SFC employees are viewing the new home kit today with the official release due to happen tomorrow for anyone that is interested

Cheers Craig! Excited to see how it looks!

4 hours ago, craigthesaint said:

SFC employees are viewing the new home kit today with the official release due to happen tomorrow for anyone that is interested

Interesting to see who we have modelling it in the photos this year.  I'll go for JWP home, KWP away and TBA keeper.

39 minutes ago, craigthesaint said:

I think that the majority will like it but then Hummel do seem to be able to hit the right chords with most of the teams fans that they produce kits for and a large proportion of our base have a soft spot for a Saints Hummel kit too.

Is it true that its a bespoke design rather than just a template with colours to suite?

28 minutes ago, scousesaint84 said:

Is it true that its a bespoke design rather than just a template with colours to suite?

That’s what was mentioned at the fans forum. It’s been completely designed for Saints and has stuff that relates to saints history over it. 

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

That’s what was mentioned at the fans forum. It’s been completely designed for Saints and has stuff that relates to saints history over it. 

Thanks 👍 wasn't aware it was info from the fans forum, saw someting on twitter and assumed like most things online it was an assumption/guess

1 hour ago, benali-shorts said:

Whatever the kit is, and I’m going out on a limb here, I bet the ones that don’t like it are more vociferous than those that do. 

OK. I'm going out on an even longer limb. Everyone will love it (Haha)

Tradional red and white strips with the Hummels chevrons's into the white stripes, mainly black V neck, red shoulders with Hummel black chevron's - Very smart and I think that it will go down very well with supporters and it was Che doing the modelling with a sneaky cameo from RH modelling a hoodie 😂