20/21 Kit

Hatch

1 minute ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Saints in Blue, Heaven forbid.

All those years of shouting "Yellow" down the pan. Anybody upstairs awake?

The Rank Xerox away kit in Keegans time was blue and we’ve had a fair smattering of blue away shirts since then 

22 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I'd say this is our best ever away kit...

Kevin Keegan on the ball for Southampton (#6486267) Framed Prints

I'm hoping Under Armour use this for next season as a template.

Loved that kit and the Patrick days. New one isn't the worst. At least no sash.

Don't mind that kit.

The sponsor is clearly awful, mind.  But at least the colour scheme is in keeping with the rest of the kit.

I might perhaps have preferred the colours of the shirt and shorts to be switched, so that it goes light blue / dark blue / light blue.  But we'll see.

Overall, apart from the hideous logo it looks pretty smart, and the light/dark blue is the tiniest of hints to the Rank Xerox away.

On 01/08/2020 at 14:40, Badger said:

Hardly something to complain about, looks better without the logo.

Yeh same can only hope that happens to mine, haven't worn it yet. 

----------------------

Like the away kit, pretty smart and doesn't try too much, just a fairly nice clean away kit.

Still prefer the 3rd though. 

Away kit looks pretty good I think, interesting that it's sash-less.

Kudos to whoever spent the last year convincing LD Sports to change the colour of the logo to fit in with the shirt. Last year it was blue on all of them and didn't fit with any of the kits.

7 minutes ago, igsey said:

Away kit looks pretty good I think, interesting that it's sash-less.

Kudos to whoever spent the last year convincing LD Sports to change the colour of the logo to fit in with the shirt. Last year it was blue on all of them and didn't fit with any of the kits.

I doubt it took much convincing. They don't appear to be a real company. It looks like a front to something dodgy going on. Brand new football schools aren't able to spend millions sponsoring foreign football teams. They simply would not have the money.

No one seems to have commented that in all the launch hullabaloo so far there is not one image (that I have seen) of the whole kit being shown - maybe I’m being cynical but is this because in the cold light of day the lighter blue shorts and socks with the dark blue shirt looks an absolute dogs dinner or a village youth team who have cobbled a kit together by raising funds holding a raffle, washing cars, then raiding EBay?

To be fair it’s a nice navy and yellow combo, quite a smart shirt, glad no sash!! Think you all know my thoughts on just having 2 kits each rather than a third , yellow would tick the box on that, still the white away kit may get at least one airing next season?? The price should really reflect that but it wont!! Overall our last 5 UA kits have just not been good enough. Could be worse though , has anyone seen Poopeys home kit.... nice collar just needs a tie to go with it . 😂

12 hours ago, John Boy Saint said:

No one seems to have commented that in all the launch hullabaloo so far there is not one image (that I have seen) of the whole kit being shown - maybe I’m being cynical but is this because in the cold light of day the lighter blue shorts and socks with the dark blue shirt looks an absolute dogs dinner or a village youth team who have cobbled a kit together by raising funds holding a raffle, washing cars, then raiding EBay?

The shirt, shorts and socks all have both shades of blue on them to tie them in to each other.

image.thumb.png.2a1479fd886e6c56c1b3b97a3dd6e2c3.png

Edited by Matthew Le God

An opinion, more than one actually.

The Away kit is awful and has no relationship to Southampton at all.

The 'sash' is just  a way of having a year off from some version of  a proper Southampton shirt after which they can announce 'The Stripes are Back' next year and bank another load of your cash..  It's hard to understand why on earth do fans fall for this rubbish every year.   It's like handing your wallet to a pic-pocket so they don't have to bother dipping their hand in your pocket. 

Players are paid eye-watering sums of money, more in a week than many fans earn in a year, yet clubs fleece their supporters with faked up annual shirts sold at hugely marked-up prices.

There is a solution, and it's in the hands of the fans themselves.

1 hour ago, Professor said:

The 'sash' is just  a way of having a year off from some version of  a proper Southampton shirt after which they can announce 'The Stripes are Back' next year and bank another load of your cash..  It's hard to understand why on earth do fans fall for this rubbish every year.   It's like handing your wallet to a pic-pocket so they don't have to bother dipping their hand in your pocket. 

What away kit does have a relationship with the club? Would be pretty dull if we had a mainly yellow (and blue) away kit every season. No harm mixing it up. Plus the current one has blue and yellow on it. The yellow away kit obsession some Saints fans have appears to be largely down to the FA Cup win. Variety is the spice of life!

You can't get more traditional that your first ever style of kit and our first ever style of kit is a sash. Again if we had red and white stripes every season it would get pretty boring and they'd be hard to sell. If selling shirts wasn't the motivation we'd have the exact same shirt for many years. No harm mixing up the style of the home shirt with stripes some years, 1980s style Keegan era shirts other years and a sash shirt occasionally.

Edited by Matthew Le God

4 hours ago, Professor said:

An opinion, more than one actually.

Players are paid eye-watering sums of money, more in a week than many fans earn in a year, yet clubs fleece their supporters with faked up annual shirts sold at hugely marked-up prices.

There is a solution, and it's in the hands of the fans themselves.

You seem to be forgetting one important factor - one which applies to the whole fashion industry to be fair - purchasing one isn't compulsory. If you don't like the shirt don't buy it. If you don't like the price don't pay it. But presumably enough people (not me) ARE happy to be paying that price for them or they wouldn't be able to get away with charging it year after year.

On 03/08/2020 at 09:12, Charlie Wayman said:

Saints in Blue, Heaven forbid.

All those years of shouting "Yellow" down the pan. Anybody upstairs awake?

And yet we still sang "come on you reds" in the league cup final when wearing our away kit.

I still don't know why we don't "sing come on you Saints". It works no matter what colour kit we wear. We can sing "yellows" when we do wear yellow though.

I don't dislike any of the kits this year. The sponsors logo ruins every kit!

5 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Defying the odds since 1885 - seriously?

Who thinks up this sh!te!

Much more concerning is the tagline at the bottom - "We never stop". I demand that this is updated with a disclaimer to acknowledge that we actually do stop at the end of the season, and also whenever a pandemic occurs.