20/21 Kit

Hatch

3 hours ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Quite like the new Crystal Palace shirts. Same template for all 3. Makes you wonder what we could have had if we had a decent kit manufacturer.
image.thumb.png.ae1fbb8a543f74ba817fef21bcf8a4f3.png

Nice to see they have to endure the same issues we've had for the last few years. If we had a red and white stripes kit looking like that we'd all be saying "well done, yet again UA manage to fuck up even the simplest kits." 

What is so difficult about having striped kits that actually reach the shoulders? 

I guarantee you that the Palace fans will hate it.

Edit: They hate it. https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=176640&page=4

Edited by Ted Bates Statue

7 hours ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Quite like the new Crystal Palace shirts. Same template for all 3. Makes you wonder what we could have had if we had a decent kit manufacturer.
image.thumb.png.ae1fbb8a543f74ba817fef21bcf8a4f3.png

Good job they aren't going to face any team with either red or blue on their shirts this season. That was well thought out.

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

Good job they aren't going to face any team with either red or blue on their shirts this season. That was well thought out.

1 minute ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

I wonder which of those they'll wear at St. Mary's?

The 2nd and 3rd kits aren't clashes with a predominantly red or a predominantly blue kit.

BBC Sport website showing lots of the new kits. Hope this link works. If not, go to BBC Sports Football page.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53388384

Two comments,

Ours gets an honourable 4th place and actually doesn't look too bad against some of the others.  And oh dear, what have Adidas done to Sheffield United? Remind you of anything? Looks like they can't make their minds up between a Fulham and Sheffield United kit.

Sheffield United

The Loch Ness FC has to be the coolest shirt. The Inter Milan one hurts the eyes. The more I look at the Sheffield United shirt, the more I think, if a shirt determines how a season will go for a club, they are doomed. I bet their fans don't like it. Some of our designs have been dire recently but not as bad as theirs. They don't even seem to fit the chosen players properly all rucked up under the arms.   

For those complaining about the blue away kit. We have a good history of blue away kits. Admiral, Patrick, Hummel and Pony all produced blue away kits for us. I love the Hummel and Keegan era blue versions myself. Personally,  I'm not a fan of the plain blue top but this "we can't/shouldn't play in blue" idea is a bit off the mark imo. 

Surprised given we have gone back to a "historical" sash - which I thought looked pretty smart for the Sheffield United game - we haven't gone back to the Old Gold shirts and Black knickers - as shorts were referred to on the programmes possibly into the 1950's (socks were likewise referred to as stockings).

By the same token surprised the blue shorts have never made a return to go with the stripes, the only reason they were dropped apparently was because as the season wore on the blue got lighter and lighter in the wash, black held its colour better. Maybe thats what our new away is a reference to Dark Blue top to represent the shorts back then at the start the season - lighter Blue shorts to show how they looked as the season reached its conclusion and Mrs Miggins had put them on boil wash for the umpteenth time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, alehouseboys said:

There's some shocking kits around for the new PL season, particularly some of the 2nd and 3rd shirts - Everton's 3rd is 'Seafoam and Charcoal'. Relegated Watford's home shirt is also worth a look......

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1701595

Saints kits are the best UA have come up with for us and probably best in the league imo.

Those West Brom kits are fucking awful!!

15 hours ago, alehouseboys said:

There's some shocking kits around for the new PL season, particularly some of the 2nd and 3rd shirts - Everton's 3rd is 'Seafoam and Charcoal'. Relegated Watford's home shirt is also worth a look......

Saints kits are the best UA have come up with for us and probably best in the league imo.

That is quite shocking, an absolute collection of abortions.

I wasn't a fan of our home shirt, but that and our third shirt is the best up there as it still looks like a football shirt. Good to see West Ham using their 60's classic design for an away kit.

Where does the obsession with floral design and paisley style imprints come from ?

On 28/08/2020 at 07:11, alehouseboys said:

I quite like the West Brom home one, but I wouldn't fancy wearing it anywhere near a supermarket checkout. Unexpected item in the baggy area.

It looks a bit like a barcode, you see.

Edited by charlie saint
No reason
  • Haha 1

Some of the adidas kits are terrible. The Sheffield United home shirt reminds me of the nightmare UA `bra' kits we have had with the stripes not going all the way up. It just looks bad, as does the wolves away using the same template. The Arsenal raspberry ripple is pretty poor, but I think the worst is Leeds. It's hard to explain, but it's just so stark. Maybe it is quite classic, but I hate it. 

Nike, which tend to get more right that wrong, have done little better. The green in the Liverpool shirt really undermines it and the strange back part of the collar is just ugly. The Chelsea away kit is original, but horrible. Blue and black home is very dull.  The spurs kits...they just don't look right, especially that green away kit and its black collar.

I really like the Palace sash kit they normally have for their away, but Puma have fucked it up this year. The same with West Brom. All three of theirs are horrific. Puma just don't know what they are doing.

As usual Hummel seemed to have got it right.

Our kits look quite decent in comparison. The yellow keeper shirt would make a decent 4th kit. 

Edited by Chez

Yeah - Wolves away, and Sheff Utd home, are both very odd, looks like two kits stuck together - dreadful. all of Palace's are shit, why do clubs not put stripes to the top? Newcastle's are all decent. WBA's are pretty awful, especially that third kit, hideous. Hummel have done a decent job with all of Evertons.

Some really bland boring kits,  Leeds, Chelsea, Leicester, West Ham all very dull.

Like all of City's and Arsenals are both pretty smart, as are Man Utd's.

I like the fact ours is a bit different this season, and certainly towards the top of the list

On 29/08/2020 at 23:18, Saint Keef said:

The more I see the other kits, the more I like ours.

There was a trend for horrific patterned shirts in the early 90's. The Arsenal JVC away one springs to mind. I see no benefit in bringing that shit back and trying to trump it. But my good god that fuckin' City paisley one has achieved that pointless goal.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, darren2 said:

So any news on when the updated kits will be out? 

I sent them an email the other day and have yet to receive a reply !

I seem to remember that they said they would sort it out before the season began so they've missed that deadline already !

I've spent the best part of £200 on outdated shirts so really think they should get their finger out and satisfy loyal customers 😵!

Gotta say, the clubs communication on this issue was been abysmal!  Despite sending emails, twitter messages, I have received nothing back!!

Anybody know if you can walk into shop & can get a full refund on the shirt?  At this rate, my nipper will only get to wear a replacement for a few months!

Edited by warsash saint

• 2 weeks later...

UA would never have been able to fulfil this because they probably aren’t quick enough at turning kit manufacture around but their decision to agree to a third party making them is perhaps a way out of a contract they over paid for. Plus they seem less interested in football, or can’t afford to be in it anymore.

Glad ‘the club’ is letting people keep the shirts although they would’ve gone in the bin anyway 🤣

27 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Update from the Club. New shirts without UA branding should make some people happy. 

As long as they fit better than the interim shirts we had knocked up after Nik-Nak got the arse with Adidas or someone, I had a home version labelled 3 times bigger than normal, and what was a very nice dark away shirt, I can pop it on, shave my legs slip on some 6" stilettos and a bit of lippy and call myself Joanna where it comes down to mid thigh!

4 minutes ago, eurosaint said:

https://www.southamptonfc.com

TBF, I don't think that they could have done much more, I'm guessing that my grandsons will opt for the away kit and just use the old home one regardless !

They all live overseas so it shouldn't be that noticeable to your average foreigner 😇

No it’s about as good as they could do. I just wonder if they are being made by the same people who made the shirts last time we had a cheap manufactured shirt the sizes will go out the window and you’ll need to order XL if usually you are a M 😆

2 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

As long as they fit better than the interim shirts we had knocked up after Nik-Nak got the arse with Adidas or someone, I had a home version labelled 3 times bigger than normal, and what was a very nice dark away shirt, I can pop it on, shave my legs slip on some 6" stilettos and a bit of lippy and call myself Joanna where it comes down to mid thigh!

Are you doing anything tonight Joanna? 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

No it’s about as good as they could do. I just wonder if they are being made by the same people who made the shirts last time we had a cheap manufactured shirt the sizes will go out the window and you’ll need to order XL if usually you are a M 😆

The new shirt my son has is what you would expect for the size we ordered, and fits perfectly

Never got around to buying a shirt before they got pulled from sale but I’ve just had a look on the store, it’s cheaper to buy the LD sports version made by under armour than it is the pikey own brand one which looks like it came from eBay.

They’re both crap sponsors so makes sense to buy an UA one surely.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2020 at 17:15, bpsaint said:

Never got around to buying a shirt before they got pulled from sale but I’ve just had a look on the store, it’s cheaper to buy the LD sports version made by under armour than it is the pikey own brand one which looks like it came from eBay.

They’re both crap sponsors so makes sense to buy an UA one surely.

That doesnt make sense.  You can't buy the LD sports version made by UA (OK you were able to in August) and you certainly can't buy the own brand one; it's only on offer to those who bought the LD Sports/UA one and it's given free.  To those who want to buy any kind of shirt now, you buy one from the store with the correct sponsor and made by UA.

56 minutes ago, bender said:

That doesnt make sense.  You can't buy the LD sports version made by UA (OK you were able to in August) and you certainly can't buy the own brand one; it's only on offer to those who bought the LD Sports/UA one and it's given free.  To those who want to buy any kind of shirt now, you buy one from the store with the correct sponsor and made by UA.

Not according to this, everything’s for sale:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/store/replica-kit/c-1/c-69

Fans can’t buy an Under Armour made one with the new sponsor, only the own brand one.

Edited by bpsaint
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bpsaint said:

Not according to this, everything’s for sale:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/store/replica-kit/c-1/c-69

Fans can’t buy an Under Armour made one with the new sponsor, only the own brand one.

I stand corrected (said the man with the orthopaedic shoe).  So you can either buy the shirt with the wrong sponsor logo or the shirt with the wrong (missing) sports manufacturer 

15 minutes ago, bender said:

I stand corrected (said the man with the orthopaedic shoe).  So you can either buy the shirt with the wrong sponsor logo or the shirt with the wrong (missing) sports manufacturer 

Basically yeah, except the one with the wrong sponsor is £3 cheaper but is made by Under Armour, so you’d assume it’s better quality and wouldn’t feel like an eBay knock off.

Edited by bpsaint

The whole fiasco beggars belief.
There's people selling the LD Sports shirts on Ebay, saying that they're rare because they have the wrong sponsorship. They look like they're going to sell for more than the price you can buy a new one from the club shop. The bidders are probably unaware that the club are selling them off for €42.00, a saving of £13.00 on the original price. 

I don't understand the logic behind Under Armour farming production out to an alternative manufacturer? Surely they could do this and still have them put the logo on the shirt? Unless they've totally seen their arse over the whole thing and terminated the contract with immediate effect, leaving the club with no option but to have the shirts made by the company who used to make our own brand kits about 15 years ago?