Coronavirus

whelk

So the Scots are going for it. Always think Sturgeon and Drakeford  want to be seen as sensible compared to Boris but are more happy to fuck up people’s lives ‘following the science’ as a contrast to England. Nothing has shown that their figures are any better even though they sealed off the aisles in Sainsburys etc. 

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Moderna Covid booster produces strong antibody response against Omicron | Financial Times (ft.com)

So despite all the panic about vaccines that's Pfizer and Moderna that work against it, anyone else not see that coming?

Don’t tell me you subscribe to the FT Turkish? Couldn’t read it but headline looks promising 

Edited by whelk

13 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Boris has saved Christmas, he's announced no more restrictions this side of the big day. In the words of that great Christmas song 'Boris Johnson is still a fucking cunt'.

Or as Have I Got News For You put it on twitter, people will have to wait a little longer to completely ignore him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

He was never going to impose any restrictions before Xmas.

Hopefully by next week there will be more evidence that Omicron is rarely anything but a mild inconvenience for vaccinated or younger people and we can crack on with going to football and gigs in the new year.

• Like 1

Just now, badgerx16 said:

The Welsh Government are proposing fixed penalty fines for people who don't work at home.

That is utterly ridiculous.

What about people who are in abusive relationships, or have chaotic home lives, no room to work at home or just have shit WiFi?

I've given everyone the choice. Most people are ok at home but a few like coming into the office a couple of days a week, seeing other people, having face to face interaction etc. There's plenty of room so no one is rammed in. I was there today and it was a nice atmosphere. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, whelk said:

Where has this been said?

You are getting as lazy as DellDays was.

"Fines will be handed out to employees in Wales if they're not working from home with good reason.

From Monday, workers will receive a £60 fixed penalty notice and companies hit with fines of £1,000 every time they break the rule."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59741680

"Further to our long-standing advice for people to work from home wherever possible, from Monday this will now be a legal requirement to work from home unless there is a reasonable excuse not to.

"We expect employers to take all reasonable steps to facilitate home working and provide employees with the support they need."

Edited by badgerx16

6 hours ago, Turkish said:

Moderna Covid booster produces strong antibody response against Omicron | Financial Times (ft.com)

So despite all the panic about vaccines that's Pfizer and Moderna that work against it, anyone else not see that coming?

Don’t forget that this is the effect of three jabs they’re measuring.

Without the booster, effectiveness really is reduced, especially against transmission.

it’s a bit of luck that the same vaccine is still effective used as a booster. The UK in particular is well placed to take advantage of this, already having a big stockpile of vaccines now, and the infrastructure in place to distribute them extremely quickly.

We might just be able to get ahead of Omicron infections at the pace we’re going.

• Like 1

Sweepstakes on when the next 'variant' appears and it's nationality? Fucking hell until people start standing up for their rights and not believing the shite they are fed we have no hope. Boris and his garden full of cheese and wine drinkers while the country's locked down still won't make some people think twice. They are taking the piss out of everybody. I wouldn't let that poison jab near any of my kids and I bet Boris and his cronies haven't let it anywhere near them either

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kevdoh said:

Sweepstakes on when the next 'variant' appears and it's nationality? Fucking hell until people start standing up for their rights and not believing the shite they are fed we have no hope. Boris and his garden full of cheese and wine drinkers while the country's locked down still won't make some people think twice. They are taking the piss out of everybody. I wouldn't let that poison jab near any of my kids and I bet Boris and his cronies haven't let it anywhere near them either

Oh God, another one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kevdoh said:

I don’t think we’ve had one from South American yet so I’ll go for the Argentinian variant which they’ll call Sigma and End of March early April when they start rumblings about the 4th jabs being needed

13 minutes ago, kevdoh said:

Yeah, I guess you're right, I could have avoided reading dozens of independent scientific white papers from around the world investigating Covid, or looking at the real world data from hundreds of sources showing the effectiveness of vaccines, and instead thought for myself and listened to the people on Twitter that have found out that they're all in a secret cabal plotting to make everyone's lives, including their own, worse so that... wait, what are they actually aiming to do by doing that again?

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I don’t think we’ve had one from South American yet so I’ll go for the Argentinian variant which they’ll call Sigma and End of March early April when they start rumblings about the 4th jabs being needed

When will the jabs end? Anyone would think the pharmaceutical companies are making billions but that's ridiculous they're obviously just in it for the people

• Haha 1

Just now, kevdoh said:

When will the jabs end? Anyone would think the pharmaceutical companies are making billions but that's ridiculous they're obviously just in it for the people

I thought they were poison? But I guess that would kill off their customers, so have you changed your mind about that part?

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy_D said:

Yeah, I guess you're right, I could have avoided reading dozens of independent scientific white papers from around the world investigating Covid, or looking at the real world data from hundreds of sources showing the effectiveness of vaccines, and instead thought for myself and listened to the people on Twitter that have found out that they're all in a secret cabal plotting to make everyone's lives, including their own, worse so that... wait, what are they actually aiming to do by doing that again?

What about all the scientists that are are not allowed their view in the mainstream because it doesn't fit in with the agenda? What about all the protests around the world that aren't shown because it doesn't fit in with the government controlled media agenda?

• Like 1

Just now, kevdoh said:

What about all the scientists that are are not allowed their view in the mainstream because it doesn't fit in with the agenda? What about all the protests around the world that aren't shown because it doesn't fit in with the government controlled media agenda?

What makes you think I haven't read anything by scientists with contrasting opinions and made my own judgement?

15 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Could be a martian variant. Someone breaks into area 51 without a mask and all hell breaks loose

38 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

I thought they were poison? But I guess that would kill off their customers, so have you changed your mind about that part?

Are you trying to make a case for pharmaceutical companies being good guys and not rinsing every penny they can get? If you are then there's no helping you I'm afraid

42 minutes ago, kevdoh said:

Oh God, another one that thinks a piece of material on their face is saving lives

Option 1) There is a Global conspiracy, into which every World Government has been duped, whereby time delayed poison is injected into everybody on Earth, ( other than the free spirited resistance who have some arcane ability to see through the entire evil scheme ), with the intention of depopulating the Earth, but not for ten years.

Option 2) a virus evolves, to which mankind has not yet been exposed and therefore has not yet developed a level of resistance,

And you think Option 1 is more plausible.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

The death rate is a hell of a lot higher since all the 'vaccines'. But those deaths are reported as covid deaths not vaccine deaths as opposed to when every death no matter if it was cancer or heart attack or hit by a bus was a covid death. It's all manipulation of numbers to suit the narrative

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kevdoh said:

The death rate is a hell of a lot higher since all the 'vaccines'. But those deaths are reported as covid deaths not vaccine deaths as opposed to when every death no matter if it was cancer or heart attack or hit by a bus was a covid death. It's all manipulation of numbers to suit the narrative

Sorry, am I supposed to take someone seriously when they can’t even keep what they’re arguing straight inside one post? 😂

What was killing people at a far higher rate when Covid started then? You know, before the vaccines existed?

11 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Sorry, am I supposed to take someone seriously when they can’t even keep what they’re arguing straight inside one post? 😂

What was killing people at a far higher rate when Covid started then? You know, before the vaccines existed?

What's so hard to understand? Every death no matter the cause before vaccines was put down as covid even though the average death rates were in the range they should be but all the cancer, heart attack etc were at an all time low. Now death rates are higher despite the vaccines because the vaccines are causing illness and death. As I say if you actually believe the people feeding you this shite give a toss about your health and well being then carry on. Because they don't. They're not locking down the country because they're worried about people catching a cold. It's a corrupt world and it's scary how many people trust these people even more so now

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, kevdoh said:

What's so hard to understand? Every death no matter the cause before vaccines was put down as covid even though the average death rates were in the range they should be but all the cancer, heart attack etc were at an all time low. Now death rates are higher despite the vaccines because the vaccines are causing illness and death. As I say if you actually believe the people feeding you this shite give a toss about your health and well being then carry on. Because they don't. They're not locking down the country because they're worried about people catching a cold. It's a corrupt world and it's scary how many people trust these people even more so now

I take it you’re not familiar with the term “excess deaths” then.

9d2283ef-0235-4716-9199-7ac300830426_Wu+

Wu Lien Teh a pioneer of gauze face masks and PPE to protect against infection during the Manchurian Plague  / an early NWO Bilderberger who wanted to destroy humanity. 

I must say, these global genocide conspiracies seem to take a long time to work. 117 years so far and the population has quadrupled  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchurian_plague

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

That doesn't actually address the gaping hole I exposed in your argument.

Your argument is one big gaping hole that I'm getting tired of hearing. Bore off. Don't want to be missing that all important news bulletin that could save your life

4 minutes ago, kevdoh said:

Your argument is one big gaping hole that I'm getting tired of hearing. Bore off. Don't want to be missing that all important news bulletin that could save your life

If you're going to use amateur hour trolling like that, you're not going to get very far 😂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Turkish said:

You need to play catch up, some places are already planning 4th jab.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-59749967

Israel says it plans to become the first country to roll out a fourth dose of the Covid-19 vaccine as the country prepares for a wave of infections driven by the new Omicron variant.

Seems odd that they would need a fourth jab to protect against Omicron, yet we're being told that getting the 3rd will give amazing protection.  It's almost like it's being made up daily depending on how many spare jabs a country needs to use up....

28 minutes ago, Klaus Schwab said:

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

ah but you're forgetting the experts told us that natural immunity doesn't work on Omicron, so you need to get a jab. Unless you're in South Africa, in which case the reason why they've had such low death & serious illness rate from Omicron despite such a low vaccine rate is because of high levels on natural immunity, like our health security told us. 

Edited by Turkish

8 hours ago, buctootim said:

9d2283ef-0235-4716-9199-7ac300830426_Wu+

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Lien-teh

Wu Lien Teh a pioneer of gauze face masks to protect against infection in 1903   / an early NWO Bilderberger who wanted to destroy humanity. 

I must say, these global genocide conspiracies seem to take a long time to work. 117 years so far and the population has quadrupled  

And the 2 most deadly wars in history occured during that time. Perhaps "they" could have folowed the example of whoever engineered the Black Death, far more efficient.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Seems odd that they would need a fourth jab to protect against Omicron, yet we're being told that getting the 3rd will give amazing protection.  It's almost like it's being made up daily depending on how many spare jabs a country needs to use up....

Or even different groups of people coming to different conclusions based on local evidence and situation. Imagine that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kevdoh said:

When exactly did you become aware of the great murder plan ? If it was just about the time that the vaccines were first introduced, and you did nothing at that time to warn us, then you are complicit in genocide.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Which experts to trust?

Decisions and recommendations are judgement calls  - predictions informed by best available evidence at the time.

No-one knows for sure how dangerous omnicron will be. You can take the view that it might be deadly and close down just in case or you take the view that 'nah it'll probably be fine'. If the first one is wrong you spoil peoples Christmas and lose some economic growth. If the second one is wrong you collapse health services and kill a couple of hundred thousand people.  

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 1

I see New York City is now offering $100 dollars to anyone getting a booster shot.  Not sure how I feel about that - it's basically rewarding bad behaviour.  Surely it'll have a detrimental effect for any future vaccination drives - how many people are going to wait to get a jab until the money is right?  I can see conspiracy theorists lapping it up as well.

• Like 1