Coronavirus

whelk

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

But it isn’t pointless because the whole strategy is to protect the NHS by keeping hospitalisation down. It turns out that a lot of people in hospital didn’t have it when they went there, so it’s misleading to state how many people are in hospital without this as context 

In my example, the 10 elderly cancer patients are in hospital are there, come rain or shine because they’ve got cancer. Covid could be irrelevant to why they’re in hospital but it still counts as a statistic. Even if they caught it in hospital, they would most likely be protected by the vaccine BUT still count as a ‘vaccinated hospitalisation with covid’.

The real problem is the people in hospital with covid who have no other business being there and going by most reports they are overwhelmingly people who are unvaccinated. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, kevdoh said:

Works in the way that whatever is spread on the mainstream news is what they've been told to spread. What the agenda is who knows but there is clearly one

Unlike the numbers and statistics being manipulated by anti's, who of course don't have any sort of agenda to push.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Covid-19: Irish GP who refused to vaccinate patients is suspended (bmj.com)

‘Nuremberg 2.0’: Why COVID Conspiracy Theorists See This Lawyer As Their Saviour (vice.com)

Neither he, not the person he's quoting, have good track records for being honest and open about their conclusions.

Put together a 'committee' of like minded individuals and publish 'findings' that support their common prejudices. Conclusive evidence of the Global Conspiracy I would say.

1 minute ago, Klaus Schwab said:

I’m not saying they do @Jimmy_D

i just like looking at many different viewpoints, especially when they’re different to the barrage of info from our own “experts” 

Those viewpoints are starting from a pre-determined conclusion, ignoring any evidence to the contrary, and misrepresenting information they can use to make it appear as if it supports their view. It's not in any way scientific.

Not to mention that Reiner Fullmich is conveniently forgetting to mention that he's not acting in any capacity as a Doctor of medicine, but is instead acting as a lawyer.

They're not contributing to the pool of information on Covid in any way that's helpful or useful.

5 minutes ago, SalmonSi said:

Comes on Christmas day to post up a propaganda bs article to try and prove it is all real. Guess you don't have many family or friends to see. 

People still take a dump on Christmas Day. Generally without friends and family surrounding you.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SalmonSi said:

Comes on Christmas day to post up a propaganda bs article to try and prove it is all real. Guess you don't have many family or friends to see. 

I didn't post the twitter video, I just identified the patient. What part of the story isn't real ? Where is your evidence to counter it ?

As for the second comment in your idiotic jibe;

3 brothers, 3 sisters, 3 children, 2 grand children ( with number 3 on the way ). 3 is indeed the magic number. A week ago celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary.

As for you  you are such a sad fucker, I bet your best friend is your right hand.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw my brother in law yesterday who is an A&E consultant. 

As reported elsewhere he said pretty much everyone in ICU is unvaccinated. Loads of people show up at A&E with positive covid tests but no significant symptoms so get sent away. The turnover from admission to release is so much quicker than it was due to vaccinations.

He's very much in the "Omicron is extremely mild for the overwhelming majority of people" camp. He seemed quite fed up with the whole thing now and doesn't want any more restrictions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Cat said:

Saw my brother in law yesterday who is an A&E consultant. 

As reported elsewhere he said pretty much everyone in ICU is unvaccinated. Loads of people show up at A&E with positive covid tests but no significant symptoms so get sent away. The turnover from admission to release is so much quicker than it was due to vaccinations.

He's very much in the "Omicron is extremely mild for the overwhelming majority of people" camp. He seemed quite fed up with the whole thing now and doesn't want any more restrictions.

Why are people turning up to A&E with no significant symptoms? 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Why are people turning up to A&E with no significant symptoms? 

Maybe because some people are so freaked out by the media reporting on covid that they think they are going to end up in hospital anyway so might as well get ahead of the game?

26 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Well that's absolutely insane.

I guess it depends what is classed as significant. If someone is short of breath and they know they have a potentially fatal disease they  are probably thinking there is nothing to lose by getting checked out. The way the media hype it up you can guarantee some just turn up with a bit of a cough though.

2 hours ago, aintforever said:

I guess it depends what is classed as significant. If someone is short of breath and they know they have a potentially fatal disease they  are probably thinking there is nothing to lose by getting checked out. The way the media hype it up you can guarantee some just turn up with a bit of a cough though.

A colleague at work has a son who is a nurse at the General on the covid ward. A couple of weeks ago 2 unvaccinated men in their 80's came in saying they had tested positive for covid and asked if they could be treated.

They had very mild symptoms, no issues breathing etc but still wanted to be seen by doctors. They were asked what they thought the hospital could do for them. They had no real answers other than they wanted to be seen. Obviously they were sent away but it goes to show what people are like.

2 hours ago, Jimmy_D said:

You mean the prank chain email that was traced back to being started on a conspiracy theory forum?

Of course... can't have been that I'm guessing? Far more likely that all the world leaders finally agreed on something? 😂

Actually it came from here. They’ve deleted it from the WEF site because it received so much attention 

https://web.archive.org/web/20161125135500/https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/shopping-i-can-t-really-remember-what-that-is/

Edited by Klaus Schwab

15 minutes ago, Klaus Schwab said:

Actually it came from here. They’ve deleted it from the WEF site because it received so much attention 

https://web.archive.org/web/20161125135500/https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/shopping-i-can-t-really-remember-what-that-is/

So, a discussion piece that has nothing to do with the pandemic or the Great Reset, and was then hijacked by the covidiots.

17 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Because they can't get an  appointment with their GP because they've cancelled them all in order to give booster jabs?

I don’t what the rest of the country is like, but round here the service from local GP’s is disgraceful. It’s like they’ve taken the opportunity to weed out all the time wasters that want to see a Doc for the slightest sniffle. I’m all for telling time wasters to fuck off, but they’re throwing the baby out with the bath water and people with serious ailments are waiting too long to actually see a doctor. Plus, the time wasters don’t sit at home getting over their mild cold, they’re down clogging up A&E. 

12 hours ago, kevdoh said:

Yeah because it's a virus like the flu or common cold.the flu has killed thousands every year. There's a flu jab but it's never been forced or rammed in anyone's faces before. Never been countries locked down because of it. Viruses have always been around life goes on. Fuck me there's going to be kids growing up thinking this is normal. It's not normal it's fucking mental . Why aren't all the protests about this around the world being show mainstream? Fuck all of this now it's bollocks. My grandad fought in the war for freedom and would be turning in his grave

If your grandad was still alive and was more sensible than you, he would have the vaccine. If he is spinning in his grave now it is because he put his life on the line so that people like you can spread absolute bollocks to complete strangers on the internet with impunity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I don’t what the rest of the country is like, but round here the service from local GP’s is disgraceful. It’s like they’ve taken the opportunity to weed out all the time wasters that want to see a Doc for the slightest sniffle. I’m all for telling time wasters to fuck off, but they’re throwing the baby out with the bath water and people with serious ailments are waiting too long to actually see a doctor. Plus, the time wasters don’t sit at home getting over their mild cold, they’re down clogging up A&E. 

There has been a problem recruiting and retaining GPs for years. The basic reason is that in the UK its a relentless, miserable, factory type job where you are just processing dozens of people a day. 

Counter productive health policy decisions, primarily under Hunt just made the problem worse. GP salaries increased by c22% as a knee jerk reaction to throw money at a complex problem when what they should have done is use that money to recruit more staff to relieve pressure on the existing staff who were leaving in droves.  All paying them more did was enable more to work part time instead of full time.

Three links below. Basically timeline is shortage of GPs, pay them a lot more, loads go part time, claw back money from other areas, number of GPs declines further, introduce 7 day opening, number of GPS declines some more.  

Its never been a pay issue. GPs are generally paid well - c£100k. Its always been about quality of care, over work and lack resourcing. Hunt's 'New Deal' in 2015 promised 5,000 more GPs and support staff, instead the numbers have declined by 7% on the already crisis levels in 2015 whilst the number of elderly people (far and away most intense users of services) has increased by 1 million . 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24362902

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-33191120

image.thumb.png.54876a1f6dde3da6fcc49e5132029188.png

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/embed?contenttype=charts&id=1205  

Edited by buctootim

GPs have been rubbish for a while, certainly well before covid. Certain practices have been doing telephone triaging and consultations for years. The last couple of times I had an appointed I was seen by the nurse, in fact I reckon it's about ten years since I've seen my actual doctor, it's always either who is free or a locum. The battle to get an appointment has been going on for about ten years, you have a window of about 15 minutes in the morning to get through to make one, then there's the witches on the reception to deal with.

They have definitely been crap well before covid, but they are just contractors to the NHS, commissioned by an organisation populated with loads of doctors.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Cat said:

No restrictions before the new year is actually a bit annoying because it means we still have to go the the sister in law's house on Wednesday.

I now can't get out of spending the evening with the wife's friends - Mr Manchild and Mrs Miserable. 🙂

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Good job they spent all that money on the Nightingale hospitals then if the number of beds has never been a problem....

I’m not sure you truly appreciate the unpleasantness of the situation they were put up to deal with. Imagine those peak waves in India and Brazil, when people were lying in the back of cars in mile long queues gasping for oxygen. It would have been a case of bring them in, stick them on a bed and hope a skeleton crew of medical professionals could spread themselves out enough to keep everyone hooked up to something.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I’m not sure you truly appreciate the unpleasantness of the situation they were put up to deal with. Imagine those peak waves in India and Brazil, when people were lying in the back of cars in mile long queues gasping for oxygen. It would have been a case of bring them in, stick them on a bed and hope a skeleton crew of medical professionals could spread themselves out enough to keep everyone hooked up to something.

I'm not sure you truly appreciate what my comment was in response to.

Aintclever made the rather ludicrous statement that the number of available beds has never been the problem, it's always been the lack of staff, particularly in ICU, whilst providing absolutely zero evidence to back up his claim.

I understand exactly why the Nightingales were built and appreciate that at that time, given the situation we were facing, it was most definitely the correct course of action to take. My response was sarcastically pointing out how incorrect his statement was.  (but thanks for the mansplaining ;) )

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Nothing to do with Coronavirus directly, merely stating that the increased use of remote working and remote services has led to some procedural and timetable changes to legislation already in the pipeline. I would be most worried about this purely on the basis that it is a Government IT project.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Nothing to do with Coronavirus directly, merely stating that the increased use of remote working and remote services has led to some procedural and timetable changes to legislation already in the pipeline. I would be most worried about this purely on the basis that it is a Government IT project.

To be fair, the EU right to work system is currently working pretty well...

7 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

To be fair, the EU right to work system is currently working pretty well...

I was speaking from experience of trying to integrate local IT systems with Central Government ones. If you have ever seen the Ron Howard film "Apollo 13" remember the scene where the ground crew realise that the air scrubbers on the Command and Lunar modules are different sizes and shapes, and Gene Krantz says "Somebody tell me this is not a Government operation". Different country, different Government, same problems.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

That's just enabling ID checks, that have been going on for years, to be done online. It's not some nasty future.

Until the pandemic you would take your documents into your prospective HR department, they would photocopy them and do whatever checks. But now you do it online and over zoom, but the HR aren't seeing the original documents. So I guess currently companies aren't fulfilling the letter of the law, this legislation sorts this out.

You should be more concerned about voter ID.

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I'm not sure you truly appreciate what my comment was in response to.

Aintclever made the rather ludicrous statement that the number of available beds has never been the problem, it's always been the lack of staff, particularly in ICU, whilst providing absolutely zero evidence to back up his claim.

I understand exactly why the Nightingales were built and appreciate that at that time, given the situation we were facing, it was most definitely the correct course of action to take. My response was sarcastically pointing out how incorrect his statement was.  (but thanks for the mansplaining ;) )

Aintforever’s comment has nothing to do with nightingales, whether it’s true or not, your argument is a non sequitur. It doesn’t matter whether bed space has ever been a limiting factor or not, we increased capacity where we could at short notice.

• Confused 1