U18s

Sideways Jim

18 minutes ago, The Cat said:

How they hell we lost 5-0 to Norwich earlier this season is a mystery. They only have 7 points all season and have let in 68 goals in 22 games. Very strange.

I believe it was the other way around - we beat Norwich 5-0. We’ve only lost 4 games - to Spurs, Palace, Arsenal and Leicester.

1 hour ago, vin said:

I believe it was the other way around - we beat Norwich 5-0. We’ve only lost 4 games - to Spurs, Palace, Arsenal and Leicester.

Sorry, I was looking at a result from the end of last season. Oops.

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

Just looking on Flashscore. 

Yes, winners go into a play off final against Northern winners which looks like Man City as they are 7 points clear in their league.

Cheers mate, what time are we leaving for the away leg? I'm up for that 

54 minutes ago, JRM said:

Cheers mate, what time are we leaving for the away leg? I'm up for that 

2 days off if it's midweek. Up there for just after lunchtime and straight on the beers. Go to the game and then lord it around the Northern Quarter singing Saints songs until 3am.

• 2 weeks later...

After some years of decline in league performance, Southampton under 18s are finally back performing!

Of course what really matters is the quality of youth player reaching the 1st team rather than league position. But it is an encouraging sign!

(Some very promising players in the age groups below the u18s aswell)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

After some years of decline in league performance, Southampton under 18s are finally back performing!

Of course what really matters is the quality of youth player reaching the 1st team rather than league position. But it is an encouraging sign!

(Some very promising players in the age groups below the u18s aswell)

This awaits…

image.thumb.jpeg.cceb2112372a45229420ad2a4b69c319.jpeg

• Sad 1

Cheers for the updates, some consolation to see the good u18 results when 1st team let us down. 

Is the play off definitely 2 legs? Assume we'd play at St Mary's to allow fans to go, doesn't seem to have as much status as the FA Youth Cup, Man Utd v Forest is set to have a crowd over 40k for that 

• Like 1

On 30/04/2022 at 12:53, Master Bates said:

Ross-Lang for Saints, finds Sonnie Davis AND WITH A RIGHT FOOTED SHOT, MAKES IT 5 1, TOP RIGHT CORNER FROM THE CENTRE OF THE BOX 

Mate's nipper is the Reading keeper. Mate is a Skate though so don't feel too bad.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JRM said:

Home to Reading at 11am this morning, win this and the league title is confirmed

23 goals between them in the last 3 games.
Certainly gonna see some goals you will think.

I’m down that way today, anyone know if I can watch it?

22 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

What’s crazy (I completely forgot this) is we finished bottom of the table last season.

That was always going to be a temporary blip due to the ridiculous number of first team injuries which pushed the U23 players into the first team squad and so on down the chain.

A lot of them weren't ready, however what it did was give a lot of U16's the chance to play up and gain experience at 18's which has positively affected them this season. 

We're fully back on track now. 

15 hours ago, The Cat said:

That was always going to be a temporary blip due to the ridiculous number of first team injuries which pushed the U23 players into the first team squad and so on down the chain.

A lot of them weren't ready, however what it did was give a lot of U16's the chance to play up and gain experience at 18's which has positively affected them this season. 

We're fully back on track now. 

And of course with the ludicrous cancellation eligibility criteria the PL adopted for large parts of this season, if the same injury situation had happened this season we'd have been able to use a single Covid case to get games postponed and not expose the kids to a level they weren't yet ready for.

• Like 1